Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Retarded Goatee posted:

People get so loving weird and dumb because of this bad video game.

Take a step back from the computer and take a deep breath.

That's a shorter and more catchy version of what I tried to say, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Hey, boat is posting. Let him post more.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dabigredboat posted:

I never said Kimsemus doxxed me? What kind of crack are you smoking. Kimsemus is the guy that comes around once a month to an eve thread to go "Hey remember I still hate dbrb and need to post about this one time he removed my friend from a game guild because he was a pedo". That is all.

Except you did.

This is from the Tweetfleet slack where you accused Kimsemus of trying to doxx you.

quote:

DaBigRedBoat [1:46 PM]

when you have an SA random that joined for guild from nc.dot trying to find out my real name from other goons so he can report me as a child pedo supporter, its pretty hosed up

Edit - for clarity that was from January 27, 2016

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 5, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

goninzo posted:

Counterpoint: boat shouldn't post ever

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Counterpoint: boat shouldn't post ever

Never stop boating.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

goninzo posted:

Boat posting is never a good idea. Needs to lurk more.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

He'll only post in threads that aren't made by Eonwe because he apparently is still butthurt over being mocked by Eonwe over the ArcheAge stuff.

I kicked boat out of the ArcheAge guild once, best thing that I did in that game.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
there seems to be a lot of narrative control in this thread

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

:justpost:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

Oh, here we go again. You manage to assert in that statement that I was stupid to talk to xander (I was) because he leaked and also that he was my patsy, suggesting that I wanted him to leak (if you believe that I also have some conspiracies involving the masons and Rosicrucians and shocking new proof that 9/11 was an inside job). Also venting to one person who has promised (however insincerely, as it turns out) that the conversation is private is not a smear campaign in any sane definition of the job. Indiscreet, perhaps. Regrettable, looking back? Certainly. But not a "smear campaign".

endie i've been in the same channels as you for years, i know full well the rule that "if you dont know who endie is 'privately' talking poo poo to everyone about behind their back, it's you"

you weren't intending xander leak that it was you leaking details of sion's personal life to make him look bad, you were just trying to trash him generally to anyone who would listen but not repeat that you had said it in the usual way. it was a lovely thing to do, and i'm sure there were many other conversations where similar things got brought up that just weren't with a tremendous idiot who put it all on pastebin, and your only regret is that you got caught and not that you were a shithole to the guy personally and then try to preach that it's actually everyone else who is an rear end in a top hat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm a bit lost by who and what today.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

it's not always clear to us what's a problem for people, what's not working, what information isn't getting out that should get out, etc.

This is what happens when you don't actually play the same game as the rest of your members.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

VideoGames posted:

If you want to talk some Eve Online, I would happily tutor you in game. Hit up Kismeteer. No joke. I miss not being able to help out newbies.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
so i skipped a couple of days and i see endie and angelique are still banging the "i was wronged!" drum. never change EVE thread, never change.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Just ignore it. It's a bunch of bitter ex's mad at each other, it'll pass in an hour or two.

Except you should also always ignore anything dabigredboat says as a good piece of advice.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except you should also always ignore anything dabigredboat says as a good piece of advice.

i was so loving happy i finally got into capitals in 2007 because it meant i didnt have to listen to DBRB in mainfleet

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

endie i've been in the same channels as you for years, i know full well the rule that "if you dont know who endie is 'privately' talking poo poo to everyone about behind their back, it's you"

you weren't intending xander leak that it was you leaking details of sion's personal life to make him look bad, you were just trying to trash him generally to anyone who would listen but not repeat that you had said it in the usual way. it was a lovely thing to do, and i'm sure there were many other conversations where similar things got brought up that just weren't with a tremendous idiot who put it all on pastebin, and your only regret is that you got caught and not that you were a shithole to the guy personally and then try to preach that it's actually everyone else who is an rear end in a top hat

I like this psychoanalysis of what Endie did and why by Evilweasel, professional armchair psychologist.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Just ignore it. It's a bunch of bitter ex's mad at each other, it'll pass in an hour or two.

days perhaps

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

go3 posted:

i was so loving happy i finally got into capitals in 2007 because it meant i didnt have to listen to DBRB in mainfleet

lol if you ever listened to boat, even during his fleets

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Basically anyone in a nullsec leadership position is a fuckwit who get super mad about space tribalism and like to painstakingly and hypocritically point out the flaws in others that they themselves share while having the same sense of self reflection that let's my cat lick it's own butthole for hours on end then get snobby about the kind of food I bought.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
We all should join VideoGames and chill while mining.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dragonstalking posted:

This is what happens when you don't actually play the same game as the rest of your members.

i know you're being an idiot but you've blundered into your correct answer of the day: too much is going on in eve to do the same thing as everyone else is. Most people are directors because they like a specific area and do a lot in that specific area, so you can be somewhat blinkered. For example I wasn't great about making ratting space a priority initially this war because I haven't ratted or really needed to worry about isk in a long time, so it doesn't have the sort of emphasis in my mind that makes me remember it's actually important. There's things I know intellectually are important, but because they're not important to me they're easy to forget.

Or, because I know the overall war strategy and know why we're doing things, it will not occur to me that someone on the outside looking in may think something is dumb or pointless or counterproductive because they don't have the complete picture (and the flip side: that I may be inured to people thinking something is dumb because they don't have the full picture that I miss when they're right and I'm wrong). I don't have the time to go on strat fleets so I don't know as much about that area of the game either.

So it's important to know all of those gaps in what I know and what I will instinctively pay attention to, and work to counteract them. And that's because my experience isn't everyones, and I need to actually pay attention to how it's different and not just generalize from how I play the game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nah in an hour or two something will catch the attention of the ADD posters like Evilweasel, Dragonstalking, Daruna or Querns.

That or they're just post in circles before not posting for a few hours ending the sperg about poo poo that, ultimately, doesn't matter.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Basically anyone in a nullsec leadership position is a fuckwit who get super mad about space tribalism and like to painstakingly and hypocritically point out the flaws in others that they themselves share while having the same sense of self reflection that let's my cat lick it's own butthole for hours on end then get snobby about the kind of food I bought.

:agreed:

Which is always funny since it's just a game about make believe spaceships and when CCP shut down nobody will care how fake space important you were. It's even funnier watching EVE people go into another game, try and throw their EVE credentials out there and nobody gives a poo poo about it. I got to witness that first hand in Planetside 2, AA, Albion (iirc) and Rust :sun:.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Also it turns out I had 500mil of stuff without collateral, welp.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

apseudonym posted:

Also it turns out I had 500mil of stuff without collateral, welp.

That was stolen?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

That was stolen?

Yeah, I was used to never adding collateral to goon courier contracts.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
So I've been blitzing level 4s griding l5 pull alts. Man burners are fun as hell, they should scale these down and make it part of the newbie thing. Like you can't complete them unless you pilot well and overheat and poo poo. And flying 400m isk daredevils actually gets my blood pumping like it hasn't since I used to throw 50b in carriers onto a grid and boogie down.

I've prolly lost about 1b in ships (higher end estimate) and am about even at this point though. I'm getting my standings and enjoying eve online, a bad game though so I'll call it a win. Also it goes well as the other thing to do while gatecamping

Gatecamping has also been good and fun

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53754639
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53757033

Join Blackops today, unless you're an insufferable sperg in which case save my lung power for :420: instead of yelling at dumbs and just dont

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

apseudonym posted:

Yeah, I was used to never adding collateral to goon courier contracts.

Link your pilots name.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

i know you're being an idiot but you've blundered into your correct answer of the day: too much is going on in eve to do the same thing as everyone else is. Most people are directors because they like a specific area and do a lot in that specific area, so you can be somewhat blinkered. For example I wasn't great about making ratting space a priority initially this war because I haven't ratted or really needed to worry about isk in a long time, so it doesn't have the sort of emphasis in my mind that makes me remember it's actually important. There's things I know intellectually are important, but because they're not important to me they're easy to forget.

Or, because I know the overall war strategy and know why we're doing things, it will not occur to me that someone on the outside looking in may think something is dumb or pointless or counterproductive because they don't have the complete picture (and the flip side: that I may be inured to people thinking something is dumb because they don't have the full picture that I miss when they're right and I'm wrong). I don't have the time to go on strat fleets so I don't know as much about that area of the game either.

So it's important to know all of those gaps in what I know and what I will instinctively pay attention to, and work to counteract them. And that's because my experience isn't everyones, and I need to actually pay attention to how it's different and not just generalize from how I play the game.

I'm going to be the guy throwing poop against the wall a little bit here, but imo our leadership has been disconnected since 2013, and it's being seen in the number of defections. Like it or not the fact that the ex-mouthpiece of our organization is vehemently against what we are now is troubling as gently caress to a line goon. Continuing to demonize the likes of him and for that matter kismeteer for gently caress ups real or perceived does a ton of damage to our credibility as an organization. Especially if we take the current situation into view and see much greater mismanagement is directly responsible for the situation we are in.

The only reason I'm sticking around is literally because of the friends I have on the inside and that goons as a nullsec power is fundamentally an idea that is important to me. Basically I'm here for GSF. You guys as a whole have a perceptions issue you absolutely must get a handle on, and that's going to require some real talk and not a hurfy fireside chat.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean ITL was nice but how many chairs were broken operating it.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

I like this psychoanalysis of what Endie did and why by Evilweasel, professional armchair psychologist.

I like it when he rolls out this version because it reminds me of the poor Jewish guy in the stetl in the 30s whose wife finds him reading Der Sturmer. "Avi, she says, why do you read that filth? It accuses us of every crime under the sun!" Avi replies "it tells me I help run the world banking system, I decide who will fight who and that I get rich off the work of the gentiles: what's not to like?"

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Link your pilots name.

PM'd.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I always kinda didn't like angelique douchecanoe and didn't use her service because I mostly did and do my own logistics and I just hit up char when I'm being lazy. I'm glad I never used ITL too because holy poo poo you're loving awful please stop posting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

I like it when he rolls out this version because it reminds me of the poor Jewish guy in the stetl in the 30s whose wife finds him reading Der Sturmer. "Avi, she says, why do you read that filth? It accuses us of every crime under the sun!" Avi replies "it tells me I help run the world banking system, I decide who will fight who and that I get rich off the work of the gentiles: what's not to like?"

:godwin:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

We need more adorable videogames posts y'all are getting too mad at video games in here.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Syndic Thrass posted:

I always kinda didn't like angelique douchecanoe and didn't use her service because I mostly did and do my own logistics and I just hit up char when I'm being lazy. I'm glad I never used ITL too because holy poo poo you're loving awful please stop posting

Glad you used that period because you might have run out of breath there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

apseudonym posted:

We need more adorable videogames posts y'all are getting too mad at video games in here.

If it helps I am trying to work out how to rent an office and have about 30 little windows open and got sidetracked reading about regional markets.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always kinda didn't like syndic the misogynist and didn't read his posts because I mostly did and do my own posting and I just hit up deadtear when I'm being lazy. I'm glad I never used 4chan too because holy poo poo you're loving awful please stop posting

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Are you really talking poo poo because of run on sentences kismeteer? Like gently caress, I'd have made it grammatically correct but gently caress man I doan wanna have a comma splice!
Posting doesn't take breath like talking though from my experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was bad but whatever. It's Cinco De Mayo and I have some Patron calling my name.

• Locked thread