Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

i, for on, like apple music

you are also pleasurekevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

apple music works ok and i use it everyday but it has some issues. thats ok though nothings perfect

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

i believe the entire point of undercover boss is to show how c-levels can't do poo poo at their own companies, but also somehow manages to be corporate propoaganda for how great c-levels are too because they see their workers living like sharecroppers and at the end of the show they say "this is really eye opening i had no idea our minimum wage policy and strategy to underschedule our employees to avoid providing health care was making life hard for people. ill definitely think about looking into finding ways to approach this problem" *heartwarming music as idiot CEO of a shipping company who failed at operating a forklift kicks back in his $5000 chair and lights up a cigar in his office*

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Last Chance posted:

apple music works ok and i use it everyday but it has some issues. thats ok though nothings perfect

same

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

spotify is better. not sure why you would opt for an objectively inferior service for the same price.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
still waiting for a pirate bay streaming service

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
im a pretty big fan of pandora one.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

actually Spotify is very bad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

THC posted:

doesnt itunes connect use webobjects

probably, because itunes connect is a giant pile of garbage

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

actually Spotify is very bad

It is excellent, and works on any device with an internet browser, unlike apple music.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amethyst posted:

It is excellent, and works on any device with an internet browser, unlike apple music.

Well, you see, the UI isn't good according to this forum, meaning its not as good as Apple Music, the laggy piece of poo poo with a bad music collection that costs just as much as Spotify

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Amethyst posted:

apple music works on PC, Mac, Android and iOS

what more do you want

Larry Parrish posted:

Well, you see, the UI isn't good according to this forum, meaning its not as good as Apple Music, the laggy piece of poo poo with a bad music collection that costs just as much as Spotify

apple music has a bigger music collection. that's not even debatable is it?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

apple music works on PC, Mac, Android and iOS

what more do you want

apple music has a bigger music collection. that's not even debatable is it?

Only if you install an app. You don't even need to do that on spotify.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Oh yeah and that app is loving itunes. Lol. Forget about casually signing in at a friend's house to play a few songs.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Amethyst posted:

Only if you install an app. You don't even need to do that on spotify.

*sweating* th... there... we made native apps for all major platforms. loving poo poo. i'm so tired. but the customers, the customers should be happy. *falls down dead*

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Amethyst posted:

Oh yeah and that app is loving itunes. Lol. Forget about casually signing in at a friend's house to play a few songs.

you don't have any friends you hosed up loser

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

you don't have any friends you hosed up loser

I do actually, Pleasure Kevin, the guy who is known by everyone to be an actual loser irl.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Amethyst posted:

funny, I've never had this problem, considering my iPhone is linked to my iTunes cloud always and I don't have to sign into jack poo poo

because it's my phone, and a headphone jack

i'm not trying to CJ whoever's computer I happen to be near at the time to play my loving library why in gods name would anyone ever do that

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Sniep posted:

funny, I've never had this problem, considering my iPhone is linked to my iTunes cloud always and I don't have to sign into jack poo poo

because it's my phone, and a headphone jack

i'm not trying to CJ whoever's computer I happen to be near at the time to play my loving library why in gods name would anyone ever do that

Aux cables aren't always available. please come up with more weak reasons why a self evidently good feature like a web player is bad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

For You/New/Radio/Connect tabs are pretty bad. but the My Music tab and the playback interface and song queueing and searching and etc is all good and fine and integrated with siri and shazam

hopefully those tabs are what's being fixed for WWDC

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

apple music was really bad and it was impossible to queue up the top songs in an artists page. it would play the first one and then stop. amazing.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the free trial was good because it meant i didn't have to spend money to find out it was bad. thanks apple.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
apple music being a more expensive but also worse replacement for an earlier, better service is a good metaphor for apple's entire product line since september 21, 2013

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

PleasureKevin posted:

lol i was like wtf is WO. the headline on this article is pure clickbait garbage: "Apple officially killed one of Steve Jobs' favourite projects"

apparently things moved to community support in like 2008 and the official apple web page for it redirects to Xcode.

i, for on, like apple music

well i, on the other hand, like how

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Amethyst posted:

I do actually, Pleasure Kevin, the guy who is known by everyone to be an actual loser irl.

wait was it ever actually confirmed that pleasurekevin and seraph are the same person. there was a lot of circumstantial evidence that pointed to this being the case.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I've had Spotify premium for a few years now and got it well before Apple music came out. I'd be curious to try it but Spotify has some cool features like the one that tracks your pace while running and picks music from your playlist to match which is great. I also like how you can start playing music on one device and then use your other device to control the tunes - did that to change tracks when I had my iPad plugged into the sound system and used my iPhone to change tracks.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
apple music is garbage and probably the worse streaming music subscription service available, i just can't think of a worse one.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple music should offer a lossless cd quality version like tidal does

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Amethyst posted:

Aux cables aren't always available. please come up with more weak reasons why a self evidently good feature like a web player is bad

Apple makes money selling hardware?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Celexi posted:

apple music is garbage and probably the worse streaming music subscription service available, i just can't think of a worse one.

tidal
that Neil young pono one

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Amethyst posted:

I carry a Bluetooth speaker with me all day because I bike everywhere. it takes no effort to just play music

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

angry_keebler posted:

apple music being a more expensive but also worse replacement for an earlier, better service is a good metaphor for apple's entire product line since september 21, 2013

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

and even earlier than that too, laffo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

neonbregna posted:

wait was it ever actually confirmed that pleasurekevin and seraph are the same person. there was a lot of circumstantial evidence that pointed to this being the case.

i think there's some more evidence people didn't even find yet, but i haven't read the star citizen thread in a while so many someone did

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

In the past years I've regularly sent letters to [Apple CEO] Tim Cook, asking about the state of WO (being the naggy guy I am) and recently, I was contacted by Apple executive relations regarding my questions. The guy I spoke to called a couple of times, at first, he had absolutely no idea what WO was but the second time he called, he had obtained information and had a clear statement: "WebObjects is a discontinued product and will never be upgraded."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/technology/steve-jobs-apple-webobjects/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool

:hfive:

evilcat
May 16, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

tidal
that Neil young pono one

Do either of those scan your music, upload files that are on your computer and not in their music database and then delete them off your computer and just stream the files you previously owned when you want to listen to them?
Because Apple Music does so.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

evilcat posted:

Do either of those scan your music, upload files that are on your computer and not in their music database and then delete them off your computer and just stream the files you previously owned when you want to listen to them?
Because Apple Music does so.

problem?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

why would you even want to store music locally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

why would you even want to store music locally?

subway rides and other places with lovely reception

• Locked thread