Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

steve would have got on the phone with the global non-gentile banking conspiracy and made them improve the exchange rates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bring back forstall i.m.h.o.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Make IOS Felt Again

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

steve would have got on the phone with the global non-gentile banking conspiracy and made them improve the exchange rates!

i enjoy that you're sticking with this excuse because it's utterly transparent to anyone with any real knowledge

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
i dont like 3.5mm jacks i think we can do better

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Necc0 posted:

oh poo poo link

I use a SoundBot 360 and it's fantastic. The mic is remote mounted with the play/prev/next buttons on a little magnetic mount. Just get in, start, car, press play. Never even take my phone out of my pocket. The charger is just a bonus.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
yo yospos, spotify is updating their app to remove the hamburgler menu and put in a good tab bar navigation

check out that kerning on the your library tab tho

lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
i love spotify but the app is the loving worst

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Last Chance posted:

i use one of those too and its nice except the microphone is on the device itself in the car's console so i cant use the microphone unless i open the console and yell into it

feature: wontfix

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I mean who would you replace him with

most CEOs are either skepticism, pessimism, and fear people, or alternatively just completely clueless. quality CEOs are hard to find

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim cook is a good man

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

the new ceo will be tim cook 2.0 after he ushers in the singularity

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

yo yospos, spotify is updating their app to remove the hamburgler menu and put in a good tab bar navigation

check out that kerning on the your library tab tho

lmao

I wish T-Mobile did Spotify

all I get is this poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
reminder that stymie has been like the most correct person in this thread

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Fabricated posted:

shaggar was wrong

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the new ceo will be tim cook 2.0 after he ushers in the singularity

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3619248&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post427387798

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

btw Larry Parrish you should do what I did and buy one of those car Bluetooth adapters that plug into the aux jack. The one I have had a big button you tap to make it connect when you get in the car/Siri do stuff and some smaller buttons on top for skip forward/backward on your playlist.

My car is weird and the aux jack is inside the center console along with a power jack so it was easy to set up without any visible wires and right where it's easy to reach while driving though.

I'm scared of change but i'll probably do it eventually since those kinds of things are getting real cheap

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is the only correct answer

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

Fabricated posted:

Stymies gimmick is being right about everything except circumcision

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

Stymies gimmick is being right about everything except circumcision

what's stymie's position on circumcision?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
oh no

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fabricated posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

DuckConference posted:

I mean who would you replace him with

most CEOs are either skepticism, pessimism, and fear people, or alternatively just completely clueless. quality CEOs are hard to find

but but drunk conservatives here told me ceos are renaissance men who could work in any department in their company!

are you telling me their just overpaid managers???

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
overpaid is a understatement for a CEO

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

ceos are renaissance men who could work in any department in their company!

lmfao

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
i believe the entire point of undercover boss is to show how c-levels can't do poo poo at their own companies, but also somehow manages to be corporate propoaganda for how great c-levels are too because they see their workers living like sharecroppers and at the end of the show they say "this is really eye opening i had no idea our minimum wage policy and strategy to underschedule our employees to avoid providing health care was making life hard for people. ill definitely think about looking into finding ways to approach this problem" *heartwarming music as idiot CEO of a shipping company who failed at operating a forklift kicks back in his $5000 chair and lights up a cigar in his office*

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prefect posted:

what's stymie's position on circumcision?

i don't have any real position on it

the facts are that it's an important means to combat disease and improve overall hygiene

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In the past years I've regularly sent letters to [Apple CEO] Tim Cook, asking about the state of WO (being the naggy guy I am) and recently, I was contacted by Apple executive relations regarding my questions. The guy I spoke to called a couple of times, at first, he had absolutely no idea what WO was but the second time he called, he had obtained information and had a clear statement: "WebObjects is a discontinued product and will never be upgraded."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i believe the entire point of undercover boss is to show how c-levels can't do poo poo at their own companies, but also somehow manages to be corporate propoaganda for how great c-levels are too because they see their workers living like sharecroppers and at the end of the show they say "this is really eye opening i had no idea our minimum wage policy and strategy to underschedule our employees to avoid providing health care was making life hard for people. ill definitely think about looking into finding ways to approach this problem" *heartwarming music as idiot CEO of a shipping company who failed at operating a forklift kicks back in his $5000 chair and lights up a cigar in his office*

hey I saw how you and your family were living in crippling poverty so here's $500 or something I don't care, this is cheaper than an ad campaign

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

In the past years I've regularly sent letters to [Apple CEO] Tim Cook, asking about the state of WO (being the naggy guy I am) and recently, I was contacted by Apple executive relations regarding my questions. The guy I spoke to called a couple of times, at first, he had absolutely no idea what WO was but the second time he called, he had obtained information and had a clear statement: "WebObjects is a discontinued product and will never be upgraded."

:(

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

doesnt itunes connect use webobjects

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

saw an ipad cover that had a hole to display the apple logo, but no hole for the camera

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

saw an ipad cover that had a hole to display the apple logo, but no hole for the camera

lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lol

preventing people from using tablets as cameras is a good idea, tbh

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lol

wow that's loving hilarious

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lol

actually its a pocket pussy holder

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

actually its a pocket pussy holder
no thats u

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-04/apple-to-revamp-streaming-music-service-after-mixed-reviews-departures

didnt really read but i guess the gist is that they know that apple music is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol i was like wtf is WO. the headline on this article is pure clickbait garbage: "Apple officially killed one of Steve Jobs' favourite projects"

apparently things moved to community support in like 2008 and the official apple web page for it redirects to Xcode.

i, for on, like apple music

• Locked thread