Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

EricFate posted:

The extent of his damage control appears to be "I was totally just scratching my leg guys."
I watched the video of the stream while it was still up on youtube and he didn't seem to be all that bothered by it. The most he said was "oh I left the camera on? whoops whatever".

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/726916481338867712

He's taking it in stride. So uh... props to him for not caring, I guess? I think? Is that something to give props for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
knowing him, he probably is pretty mad, but he knows showing that anger wont do him any good

frozentreasure posted:

The only good thing to have resulted from DSP's existence on YouTube has been a comparison video of his Metal Gear Rising LP and Chip's Metal Gear Rising LP that prompted people to check out the latter because they were so impressed by it.

same
I didnt want to check it out at first because I didnt care much for MGS
but that video made me want to check out all of Chips playthroughs

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

CJacobs posted:

He's taking it in stride. So uh... props to him for not caring, I guess? I think? Is that something to give props for?

I'd think that inadvertently exposing your fans to you spanking one out is an apology kind of moment but I'm fairly sure that will never ever ever come out of his mouth.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Maybe from other areas, though...

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Somebody finall told DSP that sex sells; this is obviously his attempt to cash on it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DeafNote posted:

knowing him, he probably is pretty mad, but he knows showing that anger wont do him any good

I mean he's retweeting image edits of his o-face and welcoming his new followers to his channel (I don't know if he actually got any from the o-face thing) so he almost certainly just plain doesn't care.

Roar posted:

I'd think that inadvertently exposing your fans to you spanking one out is an apology kind of moment but I'm fairly sure that will never ever ever come out of his mouth.

This I don't think will happen though. I don't think anyone really expects him to apologize but even if people were vocal about it to him imo he wouldn't because he's a yukkin' jokester kind of dude.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 2, 2016

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Nothing makes the Outside-SA LP thread erupt into sudden activity quite like Darksyde Phil literally jacking off in front of a camera.

Let us think about this for a moment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's the most interesting let's play related thing to happen in a very long time so I'm not surprised.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Which is funny because this is the first time he's ever done that.

All the LPers we've made fun of are growing up and starting to not be as terrible anymore. Clearly we need fresh blood.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

IGgy IGsen posted:

Nothing makes the Outside-SA LP thread erupt into sudden activity quite like Darksyde Phil literally jacking off in front of a camera.

Let us think about this for a moment.

the thread isn't the only thing that erupted!!!!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mega64 posted:

Which is funny because this is the first time he's ever done that.

All the LPers we've made fun of are growing up and starting to not be as terrible anymore. Clearly we need fresh blood.
Or it's just him openly admitting what the public already knew and that he is indeed a sad man? Or he could just be pretending to roll with the punches? Or it could be an intricate puppet master scheme to regain views as his videos and lifestyle have started to slump? There are literally any number of possibilities out there, but it's always nice to look on the bright side of things.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Niggurath posted:

Or it's just him openly admitting what the public already knew and that he is indeed a sad man? Or he could just be pretending to roll with the punches? Or it could be an intricate puppet master scheme to regain views as his videos and lifestyle have started to slump? There are literally any number of possibilities out there, but it's always nice to look on the bright side of things.
And if you are skeptical, think about it this way: A lot of people who make a living being lovely jerks on the internet would freak the motherfuck out and start threatening to sue people for posting the vid or contacting youtube to have it taken down or so on. Damage control, et cetera. You can think that he's just allowing that for publicity if you want, but we already have ample evidence from past DSP happenings that he is not a very business-intelligent man. It's hilarious that it happened, but he thinks it's hilarious too, so hey whatever.

I don't think Mega64 was being sarcastic though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think at this point, he's realized that the stupid poo poo he does that makes everyone cringe draws in more viewers in disbelief, which does earn him a little more cash, so he's just riding this gravy train right to the bank.

Or am I giving him too much credit?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
He's reiterating the "oops, oh well, it happens" stance on stream today, which is good.

But then it's worth noting that he's been 10-20 minutes late to every live stream in the past year, since moving in with his girlfriend. And you have to wonder...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It just seems like DSP's actually gained a sense of humor since this seems like the sort of thing he'd rage about a few years ago, and that's a good thing. Even if it's all some sort of calculated effort to get revenue somehow (which I doubt because we're talking about DSP after all) at least he's acting better than he used to, and that's something to be encouraged, ulterior motives or no.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

There will always be Game Grumps.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What has Richard Gamingo been up to lately?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I dont think DSP will ever not be terrible, but we will see

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Mega64 posted:

It just seems like DSP's actually gained a sense of humor since this seems like the sort of thing he'd rage about a few years ago, and that's a good thing. Even if it's all some sort of calculated effort to get revenue somehow (which I doubt because we're talking about DSP after all) at least he's acting better than he used to, and that's something to be encouraged, ulterior motives or no.

I'm cautious about being too positive about this sudden personality change, he's still kicking/banning people from his chat/forums for mentioning it (as of the last time I checked). It would be nice if he realised that hey, sometimes you need to have a sense of humor about yourself, though.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
Well, DSP has been blocking people on twitter for making jokes about him blowing it, literally and figuratively, without any of them ever messaging him directly. So while he's acting cool with it, he's apparently been searching his name and just been hitting block on everyone, me included apparently, so I doubt he's as cool with it as he's making it out to be.

But I mean hey, the idea of the entire internet aware of your presence seeing you unknowingly jerk your gerkin and never letting it down, sounds like the most embarrassing career/life ending thing you could possibly do. I guess as always: Be glad you're not DSP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Only people I've seen him block are people that are insulting him about it :shrug:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

CJacobs posted:

Only people I've seen him block are people that are insulting him about it :shrug:
I'm not sure what other response a guy caught jacking it by accident on a webcam should get?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It doesn't matter whether he deserves it or not, what I mean is that if someone's insulting you then you're gonna either ignore them, retort, or block them. DSP doesn't do the whole "ignoring" thing and his retorts aren't funny so option C it is.

edit: But besides that, mocking and insulting are very different because the latter carries an intent to make him feel bad about it, and there's an equal difference between doing it in good humor and just being a jackass.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 3, 2016

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

edit: But besides that, mocking and insulting are very different because the latter carries an intent to make him feel bad about it, and there's an equal difference between doing it in good humor and just being a jackass.

Would I be a jackass if I were SOMEHOW able to greenscreen the Asobi robot from the PS4 playroom into the video of his "session"?

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009

Leal posted:

What has Richard Gamingo been up to lately?

I wish I could tell you. I played a few games with him in the past and he seemed pretty cool but I haven't heard from him in over a year now. Last thing he talked to me about was asking If I could ask Lowtax to unban him.
Since then it's been like poof, he just disappeared, his channel seems to be gone and his facebook hasn't had an update since 2014 and he certainly hasn't been on steam. Hopefully he's doing well wherever he is.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The last time he contacted me was if I could sign some petition about chemtrails.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm sure Gamingo is away doing better things. I'm happy he decided to abandon his career as an LP superstar.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
On a lighter note, Kay is back with Dark Souls 3!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope DS3 doesn't brick her new computer, that overheating issue sounds dangerously close to the NVIDIA meltdowns that were happening early last month.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

HGH posted:

I hope DS3 doesn't brick her new computer, that overheating issue sounds dangerously close to the NVIDIA meltdowns that were happening early last month.

The meltdowns were pretty exaggerated. After the dust settled nobody actually had a bricked card, to my knowledge.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If something in your computer overheats because of a game, the problem is with your computer and not the game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I may be overly worrying due to traveling too much and as such doing most of my gaming on an HP 15 Notebook I use for work. It can barely play indies without hitting 90 degrees Celsius.
The fact I played all of Dark Souls 2 on it and never crashed or had it autoshutdown from the heat was apparently a miracle.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 5, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Andrast posted:

If something in your computer overheats because of a game, the problem is with your computer and not the game.

Except in the case of Starcraft 2's release or the release of something on it, where idling on the menu screen somehow was pushing people's GPU's to try and render an infinite number of FPS or some poo poo, which resulted in some dead rear end cards. I always remember that one in particular being a pretty spectacular gently caress up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So... this isn't exactly an LP but this is the most appropriate thread for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm84_r5s7qA

Fox stole Youtube footage of a NES game, then issued a DMCA on the video. The video is now back up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed59WhzXlkk

Not sure if it's Google's lovely AI or Fox being dumbasses. Probably the former.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would assume that it got video matched automatically because they showed the video 1:1 in full screen on the show, and the youtube video therefore perfectly matches it visually. It is a very sad and ridiculous thing to have happened.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

HGH posted:

Not sure if it's Google's lovely AI or Fox being dumbasses. Probably the former.

I think it's mostly Family Guy being a lazy, lovely show.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

I think it's mostly Family Guy being a lazy, lovely show.

I think it is Fox being Rather lovely about literally steeling small peoples copyright without any credit etc. It reminds me of when Glee used Jonathan Coulton's version of baby got back:

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/2013/01/18/baby-got-back-and-glee/

I think the content ID system taking the footage down was mainly stupidity of youtube's system - They could of enabled advertising and tried to monetise it it - I have heard newspapers/news organisations trying to do this with viral videos in the past.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But they'd have been going up against Konami in that.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't use literally the entire video. Both the joke and the infringement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Technically speaking Peter Griffin has now done a let's play of Double Dribble

• Locked thread