Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Venom Snake posted:

Id much rather our direction be something new and interesting than just having a circlejerk to try and appease the old bittervets who stopped giving a crap a long time ago.

What, exactly, is new about the direction of the coalition? I'm not sure I've heard this new direction you mention.

For my part, I think we are missing the mark with the Fabian Strategy. Not that I think we should log in all supers and go out in a blaze of glory. The thing about the Fabian Strategy is that it demoralized the Roman populace who had to watch their homes and farms burn. They had to smell the fires and hear the screams and jeers of the Carthaginian army. They couldn't remove themselves from the cities, though. We can. Let's go ruin someone else's home while we allow ours to be ruined.

I'd love to see us drop all sov right now and go on a deployment elsewhere, far away from this area of the map. If we aren't going to contest what remains of our space in a meaningful way, let's remove all "content" from these groups area. Our stuff is in low sec or logged off where it's unreachable anyway, so it'll all be here when we get back. Let's take swordfleets over to the drone regions or Querious or Delve. Let's just burn around New Eden for a few months and then meet up back in Saranen for a pep talk and then head back to Deklein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dr. Pangloss posted:

What, exactly, is new about the direction of the coalition? I'm not sure I've heard this new direction you mention.

he..he said he'd like having a new direction?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Where is Garnt when you need a shining empire rebuilt out of a giant turdpile :sigh:

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Kimsemus posted:

tl;dr shut the gently caress up DBRB :toot:

That's an awful lot of :words: to say such a simple thing.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Kimsemus posted:

You're an irredeemable moron:

You were a muck stirring piece of poo poo with a sense of unwarranted self importance pretty much from the moment you joined the AA guild, a guild which you had absolutely no hand in creating or put an ounce of work into, and yet you felt entitled enough to whisper every officer from the minute you joined trying to get control of it. You and gicer basically hit SPERGCON 1 as soon as you realized people outside of EVE don't give a poo poo about what happens inside EVE (and are well adjusted enough people to keep EVE drama in game), so you spent most of your time spamming the equivalent of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in rage on IRC and sneaking BFM back into the guild, whilst manufacturing controversy every chance you got.

You've posted about 8 times since you joined SA, you're not even a part of this community, you're just some idiot who enjoys calling people J4Gs despite being some refugee from a webcomic forum who is good at whelping interceptors in the wrong region a lot during a war. That is when you're not sitting in various jabber channels ranting about SJWs, justfying doxxing, how everything is a big conspiracy, and pitifully illustrating just how debilitating fetal alcohol syndrome can be on someone.

And when people outside of your hugbox rightly and roundly mocked you for your lovely behavior, you decided to take drama you created to an entirely absurd level, getting me and others banned from every community you had influence in, GSF included, by flat out lying to people. You violated pretty much THE core tenant of the blacklist by using it as a personal weapon to settle an entirely personal vendetta that existed in only your head, and then you flat out LIE, just like you were caught here, to save face.

I never doxxed you and I never tried, mostly because you're beneath me and I should probably just tell you to shut the gently caress up like every other sane person here, but I really felt it was important to articulate just how much of a cancer you are. I would say you're literally the only goon I've met online or off that I haven't been able to make friends with, but I don't think you qualify. You're more like a barely sentient caricature of a human being that basically just does awful poo poo because you were never properly socialized or hugged enough, idk.

he paid :10bux:, q.e.d. he is a Brother Goon of the Something Awful Community.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

If we aren't going to contest what remains of our space in a meaningful way, let's remove all "content" from these groups area. Our stuff is in low sec or logged off where it's unreachable anyway, so it'll all be here when we get back. Let's take swordfleets over to the drone regions or Querious or Delve. Let's just burn around New Eden for a few months and then meet up back in Saranen for a pep talk and then head back to Deklein.

uh...we've been reconquering chunks of pure blind and fade, which are between us and deklein, fade in perticular has been going pretty strongly pro-gsf ever since we secured the cockpocket

which, in the spirit of the "things to improve", suggests to me we might need to be doing a better job pointing people to the successes we've been having :v:.

Of the four main constellations in Fade, we hold one securely, one has been flipped but not secured, one is hotly contested, and the remaining one is where phorde lives. In Pure Blind we've secured a new pocket, we've kept eastern PB (granted, mostly because nobody wants it). Hell, we've been chipping away at EC- and 93pi as well, though those will take a while to fall since PL actually shows up for those. Flipping that last constellation in Fade opens up a gateway to Western Dek. The constellation we just conquered opens a gateway back to the YA0 area. Not exactly on the verge of victory, but we are attacking. It's just we're not at the point we can contest Dek yet (though I've been hacking there :v: )

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 5, 2016

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

evilweasel posted:

My view on Endie is exceedingly negative and has been well before he left and has very little to do with the fact he's gone. I generally try to keep it out of the thread, but I have very little positive to say about him and I'm very glad he's gone. I do realize that it's not a good look for us and that people aren't going to share my view. My view of that however is it's more the result of earlier mistakes than a current symptom, but I'll try to keep my personal disdain for him out of the thread. There's other people who have left that I'm sad are gone, but that is part of the game and most people on the other side don't particularly bother me. Vily, for example, has been FCing a lot against us and I don't really have anything bad to say about him. I don't even know who most of the people on the other side are who aren't ex-goons, really, besides a few of the PL guys. There are, of course, the terrible, terrible posters on the other side but aside from Gen EVE and DHD most of the leaders aren't atrocious posters.

I think a good chunk of your analysis is correct. The fact we're in this situation means that we've hosed many things up, and need to figure out not only what we hosed up but how to fix it. There are some things though that muddle it a bit and it's easy to miss what the fuckup was. One big thing is, to a certain degree, our power was always an illusion: if the rest of eve teamed up on us there wasn't much we could do about it for most of the time we've been around. What went wrong is that divide and conquer stopped working and we exposed enough weakness for people to finally be willing to coordinate enough to take us down. That's how Fountain worked: we had trouble beating PL/NC/TEST all at once, but once we made working with test miserable we could split up the group and then beat just TEST.

One big gently caress-up is mine: we realized when Somer went down how much isk those gambling sites were pulling in, but didn't do a good enough job getting ours up and running and then let it sort of collapse, while not cozing up to the one that took Somer's place. That was a major strategic error and is mostly on my head. It's dumb as hell that gambling sites are so strategically powerful, but that's the game we're in and I should have done a better job securing it. We had enough money (and still do, fortunately) - but we, like, have to budget and can't go "sure, have 300b to inconvenience our enemies for a week". Not realizing the key differences between reddit and regular forums, and not realizing that not getting enough of a reddit presence early on would make getting our message out there impossible if we didn't have a friendly mod, was another major one. We know how to push our message through a lot of places, but now that it's moved to Reddit that's become a problem because Reddit, by design, has a strong tendency to echo chamber and the echo isn't ours. You can't really push an unpopular message through force of will and posting like you can in a forum: it self-moderates it out.

There are a lot of "ivory tower" style fuckups as well, and people are right to point those out and that's something that is a focus, needs to stay a focus, and if you think it's happening, feel free to poke me about it.

There is some really good realtalk in here, it is good to know that someone is able to recognize the problems and hopefully comes up with solutions.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Okay, maybe it's me. But I have a hard time taking claims of "Just being hands off going to find myself in eve online" seriously of people who join PL.

PL is basically Eve's Wayward Home For Ex Goonfleet Goons who Just Can't Stop Trying To Stir poo poo In Goonfleet's Soup Pot.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Okay, maybe it's me. But I have a hard time taking claims of "Just being hands off going to find myself in eve online" seriously of people who join PL.

PL is basically Eve's Wayward Home For Ex Goonfleet Goons who Just Can't Stop Trying To Stir poo poo In Goonfleet's Soup Pot.

It's the eve retirement home. It's where you go to bitch about them darkies and young people with their hippity hop music whole driving around riced out golf carts that cost more than most people's houses, and you elect people like sherif Joe to squat on the undesirables so they know who the boss really is.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Got an answer. Turns out I was wrong: basically, the plan was to start posting regular ops to hack hostile space. However, hostiles copied our idea of moving all vulnerabilities to ghost time, so that plan got scrapped because there's not good times to post for hacking fleets.

Is there a particular benefit for you in having ops posted, instead of broadcasts for swordfleets/standingfleets/oppressionfleets when they're being assembled?

Half of it is just I see a posted OP as something more critical to go to if I'm picking and choosing whether I want to participate in a fleet or not, and the other half is just the benefit of being able to plan for it ahead of time. I have no life and have jabber open regularly but I'm not going to log in and play every second, so if there is a posted op for a specific time then I plan for getting my eve time in around that op. Of course all that is predicated on whether you're looking for a lot of guys in fleet or are happy with the average you'll get for current pings.

Edit:
Really my whole original point was more "We were going to gets Ops which means, in my mind, actual critical poo poo to do but then we don't get any and opportunities to at least used posted ops as a gag with side benefits go by the way side." My issue with 93P and EC- was more they seemed like great opportunities to started a posted op since we were supposed to be starting them, so I was using them to find an example.

nessin fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 5, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

Holy poo poo, legitimately calm down. Today is fake fun anger, not real.

That's not him being mad. That's him just ripping apart DBRB's claims and accusations about him.

CainFortea posted:

I can poke Jeffraider and he can comment on it as he is the only person on these forums other than Endie that can comment on Endie's involvement with PL. That's if you want to be potentially proven wrong though. :smith:

Also griefing GSF in EVE is like the best activity any Goon could do. GSF & their allies tend to cry louder than the other folks in EVE and even rage post about it on SA where the rest of the Goon community can laugh at it. It's awesome fun.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he..he said he'd like having a new direction?

And I was asking what it was supposed to be, because I haven't heard a single whisper of any desire from leadership for a new direction. The point being, he's defending the leadership of the coalition (which is hellbent on returning to ownership of Dek and PB, if not the other regions lost), but closes with stating that we should reach for a new and interesting direction instead. The two statements seemed at odds.

evilweasel posted:

uh...we've been reconquering chunks of pure blind and fade, which are between us and deklein, fade in perticular has been going pretty strongly pro-gsf ever since we secured the cockpocket

which, in the spirit of the "things to improve", suggests to me we might need to be doing a better job pointing people to the successes we've been having :v:.

Of the four main constellations in Fade, we hold one securely, one has been flipped but not secured, one is hotly contested, and the remaining one is where phorde lives. In Pure Blind we've secured a new pocket, we've kept eastern PB (granted, mostly because nobody wants it). Hell, we've been chipping away at EC- and 93pi as well, though those will take a while to fall since PL actually shows up for those. Flipping that last constellation in Fade opens up a gateway to Western Dek. The constellation we just conquered opens a gateway back to the YA0 area. Not exactly on the verge of victory, but we are attacking. It's just we're not at the point we can contest Dek yet (though I've been hacking there :v: )

I get the geography of the current strategy, my point is the bolded portion. Until PL either loses interest or loses their meatshield, any battle they choose to win will be won. But, fair enough, if we're having enough success that it warrants us being in the area with all the benefits that it gives to other groups, then :tipshat:. I'm just here to shoot fools.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's the eve retirement home. It's where you go to bitch about them darkies and young people with their hippity hop music whole driving around riced out golf carts that cost more than most people's houses, and you elect people like sherif Joe to squat on the undesirables so they know who the boss really is.

We actually like hip hop in the retirement home buddy :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

CainFortea posted:

Goonfleets soup pot is somewhere on the private servers forum.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

nessin posted:

Half of it is just I see a posted OP as something more critical to go to if I'm picking and choosing whether I want to participate in a fleet or not, and the other half is just the benefit of being able to plan for it ahead of time. I have no life and have jabber open regularly but I'm not going to log in and play every second, so if there is a posted op for a specific time then I plan for getting my eve time in around that op. Of course all that is predicated on whether you're looking for a lot of guys in fleet or are happy with the average you'll get for current pings.

The old days of all-hands-on-dick battles have kinda been diluted by fozziesov, the "critical" work is now spread over a lot more fleets. Pretty much any op that isn't loving around on the Sarenen undock is a valuable use of your time, don't worry too much about picking "the right one".

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hey remember when Deadtear lost a titan to SMASH :laugh:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
remember when you posted your greasy pedostache on the forums willingly

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

We actually like hip hop in the retirement home buddy :colbert:

Buy only that nice MC hammerer guy, I hear he became a reverend once he found jesus!

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

kaynorr posted:

This is personally extremely depressing, in the sense that the top dog in Eve is the one who can best exploit people with gambling addictions. To the order of "if that's what it takes, it's not worth it". I realize we pride ourselves on mastering the meta and all, but this borders on being unethical and immoral IMHO.

And we should actively work to get those gambling websites made illegal. Blog posts, articles on gaming websites, forum lobbying and all.
If not for ethic, at least for the Imperium.

Also rebranding from imperium to whatever might help get rid of the MBC, that way they can officialy declare victory and leave.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 5, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Well... the last 6 pages took 11 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

You're all loving retarded.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

mlyp

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Buy only that nice MC hammerer guy, I hear he became a reverend once he found jesus!

I think you mean Rev. Run from Run DMC, and if you don't like him then you're a piece of poo poo.

Xolve posted:

Well... the last 6 pages took 11 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Shut the gently caress up DBRB.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think you mean Rev. Run from Run DMC, and if you don't like him then you're a piece of poo poo.

Nope. MC Hammer also became a preacherman.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Look at this scrub that doesn't know his hammer history

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Look at this scrub that doesn't know his hammer history

Hammer pants need to make a comeback.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Kimsemus posted:

You're an irredeemable moron:

You were a muck stirring piece of poo poo with a sense of unwarranted self importance pretty much from the moment you joined the AA guild, a guild which you had absolutely no hand in creating or put an ounce of work into, and yet you felt entitled enough to whisper every officer from the minute you joined trying to get control of it. You and gicer basically hit SPERGCON 1 as soon as you realized people outside of EVE don't give a poo poo about what happens inside EVE (and are well adjusted enough people to keep EVE drama in game), so you spent most of your time spamming the equivalent of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in rage on IRC and sneaking BFM back into the guild, whilst manufacturing controversy every chance you got.

You've posted about 8 times since you joined SA, you're not even a part of this community, you're just some idiot who enjoys calling people J4Gs despite being some refugee from a webcomic forum who is good at whelping interceptors in the wrong region a lot during a war. That is when you're not sitting in various jabber channels ranting about SJWs, justfying doxxing, how everything is a big conspiracy, and pitifully illustrating just how debilitating fetal alcohol syndrome can be on someone.

And when people outside of your hugbox rightly and roundly mocked you for your lovely behavior, you decided to take drama you created to an entirely absurd level, getting me and others banned from every community you had influence in, GSF included, by flat out lying to people. You violated pretty much THE core tenant of the blacklist by using it as a personal weapon to settle an entirely personal vendetta that existed in only your head, and then you flat out LIE, just like you were caught here, to save face.

I never doxxed you and I never tried, mostly because you're beneath me and I should probably just tell you to shut the gently caress up like every other sane person here, but I really felt it was important to articulate just how much of a cancer you are. I would say you're literally the only goon I've met online or off that I haven't been able to make friends with, but I don't think you qualify. You're more like a barely sentient caricature of a human being that basically just does awful poo poo because you were never properly socialized or hugged enough, idk.

:agreed:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I love AA drama

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

DiggityDoink posted:

Hammer pants need to make a comeback.

id rather see bell bottoms :colbert:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Zephyrine posted:

Goonfleets soup pot is somewhere on the private servers forum.

I would guess that a majority of people who read this thread are Imperium goons, so this is still primarily a goonfleet-aligned soup pot.

Note that I said "read this thread" not "post in this thread" because the non-Imperium folks most certainly try to make up for their lack of readership in post volume :v:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

I love AA drama

The drama has long outlasted the game :munch:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The heck is AA

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am sad for this thread currently.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

The heck is AA

Where people go after finding ways of coping with Archeage

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Where people go after finding ways of coping with Archeage

same but this thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

this is the mad thread! the other thread is still relaxed

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
So I see a common thread where dudes like Venom complain that those leaving don't stay and try and reform GSF from within. How exactly do you see that reform happening? I'm too lazy to go dig it up but I remember a Mittens post talking about how it's easier to just get rid of dissenters than address their complaints. (I think this was the post about how truegoons go fuckgoons) anyway, what's an average line member gonna do? It's not like we can vote the current leadership out. It's pretty frustrating so a lot of guys just leave to a better cultural fit.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

id rather see bell bottoms :colbert:

Bell bottoms had their moment again like 10-15 years ago. Hammer pants are due for theirs.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ChickenWing posted:

I would guess that a majority of people who read this thread are Imperium goons, so this is still primarily a goonfleet-aligned soup pot.

A majority of people who read this thread are regular goons thinking "This game sounds interesting. Let's see what's going on in thi OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVE GOONS!?"

Then they flee and never return.

VideoGames posted:

It's recovering.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Zephyrine posted:

A majority of people who read this thread are regular goons thinking "This game sounds interesting. Let's see what's going on in thi OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVE GOONS!?"

I'm in Goonwaffe and I read this thread then go on fleets and don't give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

It's recovering.

Are there any drama free goon MMO threads? Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread