Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

IronicDongz posted:

man, aquamancers can do a lot of damage, huh

Ya, most of their spells do a lot of cold damage, plus they can setup water nymphs for waterstrike. Many a dead stabber in Shoals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool, got done moving and getting my internet back just in time for .18 to drop and the next Tourney.

68k posted:

Pictures of Ru
1. Fhqwhgads
2. worldfamousw

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath
I'm in. Good for a win usually, though I am going to be wasting a lot of attempts going for Brute Force 3.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 5, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Unimpressed posted:

Hey PF, is there a devs team in the tournament? Would be interesting to see how you guys stack up.

There usually is, though I don't think we've settled on a name yet for this one. The really good devs (e.g. elliptic) always play in their own clans, anyway...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If they're not visible that seems kind of dumb and spoilery, since they're fixed-location traps in predefined vaults. I guess it works for the "pressure plate that puts a grate between you and the stairs" thing just because that vault is so small and you'll never know when you run into it.

Feel free to report any problematic vaults!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The unlocked vault that can spawn a very ugly thing and yaktaur captain on D:9 :regd09:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

The unlocked vault that can spawn a very ugly thing and yaktaur captain on D:9 :regd09:

vault, singular? :)

Starkwheat
Feb 27, 2012

68k posted:

Coming back from a few month hiatus with this game, what the heck happened to CSZO? Guess everyone is switching to CBRO.

I'll start a team, losers and Cure fans are welcome to join:

Pictures of Ru
1. Fhqwhgads
2. worldfamousw
3. starve

# TEAMCAPTAIN meatpath

Hopping in for a prettiest team name. Three to five wins, as I really miss castable Haste and Stasis.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

man, aquamancers can do a lot of damage, huh

rip halfling of pak with a rod of shadows/cloak of invis/+8 venom rapier and +5 ring of slaying

How did he even see you when you had a cloak of invis and evocations skill. (Almost) everything in shoals can't see invisible I thought.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Aquamancers are one of the few things in shoals that has sInv. They're probably the most dangerous thing there for squishy characters relying on invisibility.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Drowned Spirit engulfing attack is also super frightening because even for characters that can demolish the branch in general, those ghosts do some serious damage if you're not careful.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

FulsomFrank posted:

Drowned Spirit engulfing attack is also super frightening because even for characters that can demolish the branch in general, those ghosts do some serious damage if you're not careful.

Unless you are unbreathing, that is (score another for gargoyles!)

E: Not to forget their built in perma flight with no penalty for it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Floodkiller posted:

Unless you are unbreathing, that is (score another for gargoyles!)

E: Not to forget their built in perma flight with no penalty for it.

Unless you're a mummy and you get 'unravelling bandages' damage in place of engulf

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

Unless you're a mummy and you get 'unravelling bandages' damage in place of engulf

if you aren't careful, someone is going to believe you.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

^ I know it's fake (unraveling bandages is for mummy drowning deaths), but I wouldn't be surprised if it were real.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Crawl 0.18: Fixed an edge case where mummies could win

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 5, 2016

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Floodkiller posted:

Crawl 0.18: Fixed an edge case where mummies could win

Whoa were pakellas and gozag removed

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Well I say we add it anyway "Your bandages unravel and smack you in the face!!!!"

"The water elemental shouts 'Why ya hitting yourself why ya hitting yourself?'"

You die....

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Glidergun posted:

code:
Flying Purple Eater People

1: Glidergun
2: Heteroy
3: Pinechild
4: MissPrince (Princey)
5: FilthyApe
6: uglyjohn

# teamcaptain Glidergun

Flying Purple Eater People! The clans are showing up, but so far I'm the only displayed member of FPEP, though at least two of you are in the All Players list. Try capitalizing TEAMCAPTAIN in your rcfile. Hopefully we can get this working.

EDIT:
My HEHu just found a gold dragon hide on D:7 and I can't decide whether to go for it. On the one hand, getting enough strength to wear it reasonably would be a big investment and it would pretty completely shut off spellcasting; on the other hand GDA on D:7 and I'm already ^Pak so it's not like I'm going to be casting all that much anyway.

Glidergun fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 5, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Glidergun posted:

Flying Purple Eater People! The clans are showing up, but so far I'm the only displayed member of FPEP, though at least two of you are in the All Players list. Try capitalizing TEAMCAPTAIN in your rcfile. Hopefully we can get this working.

CAO still doesn't have 0.18 up and aside from once, the teams page hasn't changed in 3 days. I don't think it's updating everything yet.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Prism posted:

CAO still doesn't have 0.18 up and aside from once, the teams page hasn't changed in 3 days. I don't think it's updating everything yet.

Clans are working relatively well for the moment, and the two players I've noticed both have accounts on CBRO. It might just be an update speed thing, but better safe than sorry.

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!
We have a few spaces left for 'Pakellas Slips Me His Cold Hard Rod'

Captain: Murtidash
#1: willcat (Iloveu)
#2: badtown (have some flowers)
#3: ramc (ramc)
#4: ?
#5: ?

We're looking for people who can get at a few wins (or at least give it a good go splatting some dudes) and help us compete for top 10. We managed to hit 37th place clan for the .16 tournament, bumped it up to 17th for the .17 tourney, and think we have a real shot to break top 10 for .18. We'll give priority to anyone who was in one of the last two tournaments with us, but come have some fun hitting your head against a wall with us!

# TEAMCAPTAIN murtidash

murtidash fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 5, 2016

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

murtidash posted:

We have a few spaces left for 'Pakellas Slips Me His Cold Hard Rod'

Captain: Murtidash
#1: willcat (Iloveu)
#2: badtown (have some flowers)
#3: ramc (ramc)
#4: Chris7 (c7ty1)
#5: ?

We're looking for people who can get at a few wins (or at least give it a good go splatting some dudes) and help us compete for top 10. We managed to hit 37th place clan for the .16 tournament, bumped it up to 17th for the .17 tourney, and think we have a real shot to break top 10 for .18. We'll give priority to anyone who was in one of the last two tournaments with us, but come have some fun hitting your head against a wall with us!

Hello, I would like to tentatively put my name down for this team, if no past players step up on this.

last tournament didn't work out, but I'm gunning for first ogre win again this time, dammit

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Glidergun posted:

Clans are working relatively well for the moment, and the two players I've noticed both have accounts on CBRO. It might just be an update speed thing, but better safe than sorry.

Changed the caps on it, let's see what happens

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Glidergun posted:

Huh, it did start working since I checked a couple hours ago, good to know. (I checked CAO though and it still doesn't have 0.18. Soon, I hope.)

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
:getin:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Amazing :allears:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
don't post pics of me without my permission please

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

FR: hand grenades

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Yeah, I've been waiting for CAO to get its rear end in gear already. If it hasn't updated in a couple of hours I may just make an account on a different server.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Princey posted:

Yeah, I've been waiting for CAO to get its rear end in gear already. If it hasn't updated in a couple of hours I may just make an account on a different server.
Asked on IRC if it'd be up tomorrow and got

quote:

<rax> probably? someone's offered to take care of it and i intend to give them access, i'm just super hosed and also not sure how to actually manifest that fact in the technical world
<rax> hopefully i'll be able to do that tomorrow
so maybe register somewhere else first in case

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Okay, cool, thanks for the info. Registering elsewhere now.

E: Registered on CBRO, have the config file all set, TEAMCAPTAIN in all caps, not showing up yet. I guess it's either CBRO, or possibly Glidergun needs to double-check his config? Sounds like you have, though.

Princey fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 5, 2016

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

Princey posted:

Okay, cool, thanks for the info. Registering elsewhere now.

E: Registered on CBRO, have the config file all set, TEAMCAPTAIN in all caps, not showing up yet. I guess it's either CBRO, or possibly Glidergun needs to double-check his config? Sounds like you have, though.

This is certainly just an update speed thing; if you don't show up yet on the "All Players" list, there's no way you're going to be counted as part of a clan. If you're still not in the clan by that point, it might be that "glidergun" needs to be in all lowercase.

EDIT: It could be a problem on my end, of course, but as far as I can tell this ought to be right:

code:
# TEAMNAME Flying_Purple_Eater_People
# TEAMMEMBERS Heteroy Pinechild MissPrince FilthyApe uglyjohn

Glidergun fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 5, 2016

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

you ARE making sure your .18 RC is updated, on all counts (captain/member) right? Dumb question, but had someone a tournament or two ago who we couldn't get set up properly with a team until we discovered they were doing it on trunk or something. :v:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Asked on IRC if it'd be up tomorrow and got
so maybe register somewhere else first in case

haha, that's more than she's told anyone on the dev team...

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

holy poo poo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

There was a stairs up here, a water nymph's shallow water ate it and it didn't come back when it died.

oh, hello again

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 5, 2016

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Glidergun posted:

This is certainly just an update speed thing; if you don't show up yet on the "All Players" list, there's no way you're going to be counted as part of a clan. If you're still not in the clan by that point, it might be that "glidergun" needs to be in all lowercase.

EDIT: It could be a problem on my end, of course, but as far as I can tell this ought to be right:

code:
# TEAMNAME Flying_Purple_Eater_People
# TEAMMEMBERS Heteroy Pinechild MissPrince FilthyApe uglyjohn

I think you need no space after the #s

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

rchandra posted:

I think you need no space after the #s

It's not that, I've got spaces in mine and they work fine.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

This is astounding. Needs to go in the OP.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
By the way, I've been on berotato for a bit now(long enough to win a game today) and my rcfile's set up but I'm still not showing up on either the tourny player list or our team page. How long does this usually take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

By the way, I've been on berotato for a bit now(long enough to win a game today) and my rcfile's set up but I'm still not showing up on either the tourny player list or our team page. How long does this usually take?

code:
# TEAMNAME Crawl of Duty
# TEAMMEMBERS Wolfechu Shard1697 jerkstore wya wormsofcant
is currently how the rcfile looks, though if you aren't showing up on the player page it probably is taking a while to update again.

• Locked thread