Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

This rules. Contact The Boobs

That is written by someone who will go to the grave never having contact with a boob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Give it a week until they declare victory while Dave continues to go on with his life not knowing who these nerds are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love Dave Meltzer more and more by the day, and it's partly because of how many people he's able to enrage with very little effort or intent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

I love Dave Meltzer more and more by the day, and it's partly because of how many people he's able to enrage with very little effort or intent

This is by far my favorite example of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojsAuls038

Backstory: James was one of two infamous Wrestling Observer Live callers during the 1999-2001 eyada era. Dave eventually banned him from the show, leading to this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

This is by far my favorite example of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojsAuls038

Backstory: James was one of two infamous Wrestling Observer Live callers during the 1999-2001 eyada era. Dave eventually banned him from the show, leading to this.

This on a different show than Dave's, right? Like an advice show that was also on eyada?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

This on a different show than Dave's, right? Like an advice show that was also on eyada?

Yeah. James called into other eyada shows after he was banned. There used to be mp3s of him calling into another show to complain about Dave but it has been lost to history.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dynamite Dave is a trademark.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Davros1 posted:

I think it's more of saying a wrestler has been awful for the last ten years (i.e. Eric Young), where now that he's in NXT he's suddenly decent?

but he wasnt though? there were several times people liked ey but not his booking. thats tna's fault. they have some people who could wrestle but no one gives a poo poo and it feels like they have no agents

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Eric Young was a perfectly fine wrestler who was regularly put in really, really, really awful angles. He'll be a solid veteran for NXT.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's still real to me, dammit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TinTower posted:

It's still real to me, dammit.

this is a good opinion. Not a stupid one.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Heh heh those stupid marks.

*posts page long itemized list on why he hates Roman Reigns and WWE booking*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Eric Young was a perfectly fine wrestler who was regularly put in really, really, really awful angles. He'll be a solid veteran for NXT.

Yeah EY ranges from serviceable to fantastic, and I remember Bryan and Vinny would say he was spectacular on house shows. He was booked all sorts of hosed up ways though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Have some more TNA Knockouts fan fiction from our pal Jason Blade

quote:

In KO City, there is no pity for all the girls who stray from home, for in this place, there is no grace, only broken hearts and broken bones….

Madison Rayne understands change; she has seen her fair share of it since debuting in impact wrestling. When she stops and thinks about it, it really doesn’t seem that long ago that she was the fresh faced newcomer with the blonde hair just trying to make a mark. Since then she’s been a Beautiful person, a Queen Bee and a beautiful person again and along the way has collected multiple Knockouts Championships. In this city reinvention is important and it’s something she has been able to do well in her career and yet, perhaps now, she is playing the role that is truest to her; that of a Mother fighting to make a better life for not just her, but for her child. Madison does this the best way she knows how, by fighting. She fights so that maybe her daughter someday won’t have to. She knows all too well that these streets can chew you up and spit you out. She has seen the two women who taught her most, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky, be forced out of KO City, just more victims of change. And yet she is still here and that is something that she is proud of. It is thoughts of this that she is lost in when a knock comes to her apartment door. Taking a quick sip from her cup of coffee, Madison moves to the door. If anything life in KO City has taught her it’s that you don’t just open a door without first asking…

“Who’s there?”
No answer comes. Again, she repeats the question…
“I said who’s there?”

This time the question is answered violently. The door is kicked open, knocking Madison flying, her coffee cup dropping to the floor and smashing. Into the apartment steps a woman, the lower half of her face shrouded with a Hannibal Lecter style mask. Madison tries to quickly gather herself to fight off the intruder but the assailant is one step ahead and kicks the former Champion to the ground. Before she can even wonder who this mystery woman is, Madison blacks out. The woman kneels over Madison’s prone body and takes out a can of black spray paint and on the floor she spray paints her calling card, her name, a 6 letter name that you can’t spell without the letters S-I-N……

The rain falls hard on these dark nights, it’s almost as if the City is weeping, as if ashamed of its own sins…

KO City is a City of Sin and Maria Kannelis Bennett knows this. She intends to use it to her advantage. She will not admit to it but she is nervous here in the Barrio yet it speaks to her determination that she has come here. Spray painted on the walls are what she assumes are either gang symbols or warnings, the boldest of which says “Dominicans Don’t Play.” She does not ask the burly men guarding the door what this means. She simply waits quietly for the person she has come to meet. After a while a young woman with wild, corkscrew hair steps out into the alley. Maria goes to speak but stops once she sees the young woman is carrying a baseball bat.

“What are you doing here Mami?” she enquires
Maria gathers her composure and with that winning smile, steps forward and extends her hand.

“Marti, thank you so much for seeing me” she says.

With lightning quickness, Marti moves forward and pins Maria against a graffiti covered wall with the baseball bat to her throat.

“spill it Mami, what are you doing in my hood?”
Gasping for air, Maria splutters;

“please… please… I have an offer for you. it could be worth..(cough)… lots of money”
Slowly, Marti removes the bat from the windpipe of her visitor. Maria gratefully hauls in as much air as her lungs will allow.
“go on” Marti urges

Maria takes a moment to suss out the situation. She knows now that she has Marti’s attention. She gently rubs her neck before continuing with her sell.

“Marti, I came to you because you were always the smartest, most beautiful and toughest member of the Dollhouse. That’s why I need you. There is no better woman for the job I need done.”

“What job?”

“I need you to take out Gail Kim. Gail Kim is bad for this City and she is standing in the way of progress. As long as she is in KO City, women like you will never be able to achieve your full potential. And I don’t want that Marti, I want to see you blossom. If you help me, then I will help you”

“oh yeah, and what you gonna do for me Mami?”

“I can make you Knockouts Champion. We both know that Jade isn’t fit to rule these streets, it takes a real street girl like you to be Champion. I can make that happen. All you have to do is help me get rid of Gail Kim, and then I will deliver Jade to you.”

Marti ponders for a minute before swinging her bat upwards. For a moment Maria braces herself for it to come crashing down on her but it doesn’t. instead it comes to rest on Marti’s shoulder.

“ok” Marti says “I’m listening”

And she isn’t the only one listening…. KO City is listening to. In the shadows lurks a vigilante, a protector. She sees and knows everything that is happening and she will put a stop to it when the time is right. Her name is Gail Kim and she may be the last line of defense the innocents of KO City has left.

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/ko-city-act-ii

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Have some more TNA Knockouts fan fiction from our pal Jason Blade

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/ko-city-act-ii
What a career for Blade, going from ROH jobber in 2006 to TNA fan fiction writer in 2016.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's movin' on up!

Oh and here's noted Twitter idiot and my new favourite, The Boobs with a HOT TAKE

quote:

What Is The Problem Folks?

So I was watching @iMPACTWRESTLING tonight on @POPTV when I noticed that #IMPACtonPop was trending #2 on my personal twitter feed, so I tweeted this out to the twitter universe.

My tweet was retweeted by @TNADIXIE and then the haters began to come out of the woodwork.

In this day and age of global communication and social media I am astounded at the hate that I received from WWE MARKS! I mean if they have nothing better to do that to criticize someone for their love of PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING than I expect that they truly have little else to do at all.

If it makes you happy to curse me and use profanity than it shows just how indoctrinated you are into the WWE way of thinking. I suppose now that WWE is working with Evolve you will start telling the world how awesome Evolve is, and yes I would agree that Evolve is great Professional Wrestling. By the way WWE Marks, one of the former Evolve World and Tag Team Champions is also the TNA Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway. Maybe this is because Evolve promoter Gabe Sapolsky knows talent when he sees it.

I am a sports journalist for an opinion and talk show, I do not claim to be a know it all like Dave Meltzer. I do not claim that my opinions are news, they are my opinions and I am entitled to them.

I do not claim to be anything other than what I am, and have been my entire life, a fan of Professional Wrestling who has the right to state his opinion and the facts that I know to be true to the world. With a knowledge of the sport that goes back over 40 years.

I have meet greats like Andre The Giant, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Tony Atlas, The Road Warriors, and so many more. I have witnessed, as they happened, the events and incidents that have brought Professional Wrestling to where it is today.

I have seen stars rise and fall and I have enjoyed it all. How many of you @TNhAters can say that? Your knowledge comes from the videos you watched on VHS, DVD, or, in today’s world, the WWE Network.

Were you even there when Andre wrestled Hogan or Savage squared off against Steamboat? Did you shill out your hard earned (rather beg your mommy and daddy ) to watch Starrcade ’85? Hell no. You did not live the moments as they happened, you merely heard about them. If it were not for the WWE Network I venture to say 65% of you would never know the story behind the formation of the 4 Horsemen or what made the Flair/Steamboat feud so drat great. Yes these are my opinions, and yet, they are also the opinions of many of today’s top stars in the industry.

For all those WWE Marks that think that dropping F-Bombs and insulting me thinking that it would bother me than you are wrong. In fact, you show just how much of a mark for WWE you really our. I hope you realize that your abusive behavior is against @TWITTER usage polices and I, unlike you, know how to BLOCK WWEdiots and do so with great pleasure and joy.

In my opinion, this demonstrates what we have been talking about here on Pro Wrestling 24/7 about how many of you are not really fans of Professional Wrestling, but more so, WWEdiots. If I offend you by stating this than my point is proven. A true fan of Professional Wrestling appreciates the in-ring action, even if the storyline is weak.

Companies like @iMPACTWRESTLING, @ROH, @LuchaElRey, and so many other promotions out there do not hire Hollywood screen writers to script their programming, and this makes for a better product, just take NXT and look at the story telling and action there, we know WWE can do it right, they just choose not to.

I am a fan of Professional Wrestling, not sports entertainment. I will always enjoy the in ring action more than the storyline. I will always praise any company that presents great action, because no matter what the storyline, it is, ultimately the action in the ring that has kept me watching year after year.

If you do not like the product being presented then tune out, watch the Lifetime movie of the week or whatever, but stop bashing companies like @iMPACTWRESTLING . Stop spewing your #TNhAte and let the hundreds of thousands of iMPACT Wrestling’s fand here in the States enjoy Professional Wrestling. Let the millions of fans that enjoy tuning in to the show around the globe enjoy the show.

#StopTheTNhAte

That’s my opinion and it’s the only one that matters.
http://pw247.net/what-is-the-problem-folks/

Nice meltdown, boobs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Obviously it was tailored trend AND TNA's viewership was down this week.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

If you do not like the product being presented then tune out, watch the Lifetime movie of the week or whatever
Extremely good take.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

@TNhAters will never be a thing

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sounds like someone needs to eliminate the hate.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Skinty McEdger posted:

Sounds like someone needs to eliminate the hate.

probably not tna management's first choice for things to eliminate

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

sk posted:

probably not tna management's first choice for things to eliminate

Vince considered leasing the Elimination Chamber concept to TNA, but was concerned that they might take the idea the wrong way.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

TinTower posted:

Vince considered leasing the Elimination Chamber concept to TNA, but was concerned that they might take the idea the wrong way.

to be fair, the only thing getting gassed in wwe is roman reigns

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is so beyond idiotic I feel embarrassed for him.

quote:

Angry Mark of Under The Mat Radio broke down the completed TNA Investors
deal on the Way2Real podcast, stating that the group, comprised of
hedge funds and promotion companies including the Harris Brothers,
Sinclair, Thomas Fore, and Billy Corgan have completed the TNA deal,
with Dixie potentially keeping 50% creative control, but only if she can
increase ratings 25% within an agreed upon time frame. Should she not,
she will lose control. Another contingency of the deal is the already
reported re-organization of talent contracts vis a vis indy appearances,
which the investors insisted upon.

Sinclair, Nazis, Thomas Fore, and a fifth of the Smashing Pumpkins working together to hold Dixie Carter to account. Sounds like a scene from This Ain't Impact Wrestling XXX.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

with Dixie potentially keeping 50% creative control,

How would that even work? How do you do a 50/50 (or whatever) split when it comes to creative?

Plus why would you let her keep creative control when her fallback is always "bring back Russo"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syzpid posted:

How would that even work? How do you do a 50/50 (or whatever) split when it comes to creative?

Plus why would you let her keep creative control when her fallback is always "bring back Russo"

It probably just means that when they're doing creative stuff, her vote is worth as much everyone else combined.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
A one "CH Punk" and his hot takes on the purge.

CH Punk posted:

Wade Barret: Duh, we knew he was leaving. I still think his injury prone body shouldn’t be held against him. Some of those injuries weren’t his fault, I guess he’ll head to TNA? Drew Galloway matches would be cool. I don’t know, maybe ROH for a bit? I don’t know maybe Jarrett can pay him in gold coins, and Wade will be in GFW?

Someone doesn't actually pay attention to what wrestlers say on social media.

CH Punk posted:

Zeb Coulter: I thought he left three weeks ago? It’s bullshit that he was let go. WWE sees non-wrestling talent as a waste of money, or something? He should’ve stayed with Alberto, and Swagger should’ve just joined the League of Nations with them. ADR is currently my favorite guy on the roster, but fans find his style boring, and he needs a guy to pound the ring apron and draw heat. Coulter was doing that. Especially when Zeb become all PC, like some 65-year-old millennial. That was genius and WWE could’ve made a bigger deal about that aspect of Coulter and ADR. It would’ve been great for Zeb to declare that the ringside area was his “safe space”.

Putting over Mexican talent = drawing heat. Good to know. (I don't recall Mexamerica having exactly that kind of vibe...)

e: What happened to TNAMecca?

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 10, 2016

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Electric Lady posted:

A one "CH Punk" and his hot takes on the purge.

Someone doesn't actually pay attention to what wrestlers say on social media.

Putting over Mexican talent = drawing heat. Good to know. (I don't recall Mexamerica having exactly that kind of vibe...)

MexAmerica was confused and short lived and overall horribly done, but yes, at some point it morphed into a terrible heel gimmick of the sort he was talking about. What he thinks of it is a different story. It baffles me that anyone in this universe wanted that pairing to continue.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

It's still around and they're as crazy as ever. These two are from TNAsylum though:

Mike Bennett and Derrick Bateman > Cena and Orton. OOOOOOOoookay buddy

Yup, just like the performance centre. It's got walls and a floor and a logo. Just like how my bathroom is the same as Madison Square Garden.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god and they couldn't even get the sign on a wall or anything. They're just holding it

That'd be sad if it wasn't so hilarious

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
This is great branding? I can't tell if the name of the company is TNA or Impact Wrestling.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's still around and they're as crazy as ever. These two are from TNAsylum though:

Mike Bennett and Derrick Bateman > Cena and Orton. OOOOOOOoookay buddy

I don't think I'd brag about them being the next Cena vs Orton considering the WWE tried to force that match for years and the fans got sick of it after like the first two matches.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The DDP Yoga Performance Center is probably a better wrestling school than that one.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That would actually be a very fun study, to see who yells at you more about plugging between TNA brass and DDP

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

This is great branding? I can't tell if the name of the company is TNA or Impact Wrestling.

Aren't they trying to downplay being called TNA now, like 13 years too late?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Aesop Poprock posted:

Aren't they trying to downplay being called TNA now, like 13 years too late?

It started a year or two ago, they dumped the "TNA" label (at least from the show itself) and have just been "Impact Wrestling".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mob posted:

That would actually be a very fun study, to see who yells at you more about plugging between TNA brass and DDP

DDP at least admits he's shameless, even in the middle of a couple of the workouts!

TNA just comes off as desperate try-hards. And I think DDP has a better success rate among wrestlers to boot.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ddp yoga helped my friend lose a ton of weight despite severe respiratory issues so he can shill all he wants

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah DDP has earned the right to shill IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I can now touch the floor without bending my knees thanks to him. DDP is good.

This is my stupid wrestling fan opinion.