Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

L_Harrison posted:

The child in me screamed for joy when the Bone Shaker came on screen.

But, the 2016 Chevy Camaro ... Super Sport. The car doesn't have the SS badges again. Good job Chevy and Forza. Even Hot Wheels can call it the SS, but you guys can't apparently.

The naming conventions for the new camaros are all out of whack. It should have been:

Camaro: Available in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder
Camaro Z/28: Twin turbo 6, 1LE Package standard, optional radio, AC and carpet.
Camaro SS: Pretty much as it is, N/A LT1 v8
Camaro ZL-1: Supercharged LT1, Some kind of drag racing package like the "Cobra jet" new mustangs. Should be sprayed from the factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You forgot the 3 cylinder "City Camaro".

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

You forgot the 3 cylinder "City Camaro".

You mean "the all-new sixth generation Geo Metro"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

So how do I do a jump like in that video?

You gotta race with the pubbies on a regular basis, you'll get some air like that at some point!

This is a shot I posted from early in the release of Forza 6. I am the one car going the correct direction.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 4, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There is something about the Bone Shaker that just says Donald Trump so... I really wish you could paint the race spoiler on this though :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Some of these DLC cars are going to be fun in Horizon 3.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

Oh dear god I just got Daytona Oval in ABC'S :gonk:

I used raceboys 900+ hp tune for an A class 97 civic and destroyed everyone. It was glorious.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, if you start in the back of C class you can back up into the starting line of B class. I guess you can probably do it from b class into a as well.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone around during the weekends?

I never see anyone online.

During the week my time has become limited due to work and life :/ Which sucks because I am missing out on GTCC. Tomorrow being Cinco de Mayo, I doubt I'll be on tomorrow.

Weekends I'm usually able to carve out a few hours on Saturday and Sunday while the GF watches Pitch Perfect 2-like movies.

So question is does anyone want to go and take over a public hopper unless we have enough to race in a private lobby? I think it would be great for us to be in the ABC'S and basically just take control of it so we can vote for good tracks and most likely win each class.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

LOL, if you start in the back of C class you can back up into the starting line of B class. I guess you can probably do it from b class into a as well.

Now that I'm drunk, I want to try this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm usually doing something or other on Xbox Live on the weekends. If you see me online, throw me an invite; even if I'm not playing Forza at the time, I'll probably still join (unless I'm playing Bad Company 2).

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
All my free time is consumed with watching baseball, NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs.

In the summer I'll be playing Forza again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

Its fun until the person you backed into catches up to you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Man, as much fun as the Brabham BT24 is, maybe don't drive it in ABC'S on a city track like Prague if you want to not be treated as the ultimate ping-pong ball :negative:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

geeves posted:

Anyone around during the weekends?

I never see anyone online.

During the week my time has become limited due to work and life :/ Which sucks because I am missing out on GTCC. Tomorrow being Cinco de Mayo, I doubt I'll be on tomorrow.

Weekends I'm usually able to carve out a few hours on Saturday and Sunday while the GF watches Pitch Perfect 2-like movies.

So question is does anyone want to go and take over a public hopper unless we have enough to race in a private lobby? I think it would be great for us to be in the ABC'S and basically just take control of it so we can vote for good tracks and most likely win each class.

A weekend pubbie takeover would be a lot of fun (i miss racing with gutbomb and howdy, when are you guys available for this?). There have been a few weekend racing ideas thrown around, so unlike those ones pick a time and a date and at least i'll show up.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

geeves posted:

sounds fun, throw me an invite if you see me. I won't be around much this weekend, but most weekends I am.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Forza Apex is available on the microsoft store. It's forza. The actual gameplay is good but they need to take a hint from other PC racing games. A straight port of the console mentality isn't going to fly. Being forced into a first race in baby mode and unskippable cutscenes is not something PC racers will accept. I can see why they would do it on a console, it might be someone's first time playing a racing game. I doubt anyone with a gaming PC that's interested in racing games is going to be unaware how to control a race car.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you already own Forza 6 on Xbox One then there's not a lot of point in bothering with Apex. It's just a crippled version of the console game. If Microsoft considers releasing the full version eventually and I don't have to double dip on buying everything then I will switch over to playing Forza on PC. Hopefully Horizon 3 will be on PC.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

If you already own Forza 6 on Xbox One then there's not a lot of point in bothering with Apex. It's just a crippled version of the console game. If Microsoft considers releasing the full version eventually and I don't have to double dip on buying everything then I will switch over to playing Forza on PC. Hopefully Horizon 3 will be on PC.
Agreed on all points; hoping for the best.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ahahaha can you even drive Boneshaker from cockpit view?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Ahahaha can you even drive Boneshaker from cockpit view?

Yes and it's awesome to see the massive spinal gear shift that's not even touched...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turn 10 is releasing a full blown NASCAR expansion. Got leaked in Reddit. No known date.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Online in the ABC'S lobby right now if anyone wants to join in - also in a party - geeves412

geeves fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 7, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Noooo, why do we need NASCAR?

edit: Will it include the #88 Nationwide Insurance Chevy Super Sport?

edit: Apparently it's coming with Homestead Miami. Well, at least that's a new roval.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 7, 2016

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Homestead is also the best roval.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
I'd like a NASCAR expansion pack a lot more if it had historic cars instead of just the current season. They've already got Formula 1 cars from multiple eras in the vanilla game after all.

I guess you can sort-of simulate it as they used to actually be stock cars, so just using a Plymouth Superbird and painting it light blue and slapping a 43 on it would suffice.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm interested in a NASCAR expansion. Watching NASCAR is like watching paint dry but oval racing is fun to do. It's complexities don't really come through for me yon watching on tv but they come out when playing a game.

Also looking forward to another oval for the IndyCars.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I'm interested in a NASCAR expansion. Watching NASCAR is like watching paint dry but oval racing is fun to do. It's complexities don't really come through for me yon watching on tv but they come out when playing a game.

Also looking forward to another oval for the IndyCars.

Yeah, but it will be fragmented like VIR, which is a shame because VIR is really awesome and I wish it was in hopper and league rotation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

njsykora posted:

Homestead is also the best roval.

The best roval title belongs to New Hampshire. Homestead is alright I guess.

However, no roval discussion is complete without my favorite, Kansas

I just love how :effort: it is.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cubey posted:

The best roval title belongs to New Hampshire.

Agreed. I wish it were in more games. Only one I've seen it in is iRacing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's a shame VIR isn't one of those DLCs where you can race it if the league lands on it but not host it on your own. Leagues need more track variety; I already feel like Monza full is some kind of rare treat whereas in contact leagues the lobby empties like it's on fire every time it loads Nurburgring night/rain.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Really any tri-oval is a sort of roval, the corners are just massive and need slow, gradual lines.

:sperg:

I happened upon this youtube video, we should probably re-create this race at homestead-miami (my local track!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnGd6RV8IE

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 8, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shumagorath posted:

the lobby empties like it's on fire every time it loads Nurburgring night/rain.

Nurburgring has always been a lobby killer to be honest. You can start with 24 people but by the end of the race there will be like 12 people racing. And nobody stays to wait until the race is starting because they don't know if they will be waiting 10 minutes for the race to finish or 2 minutes because the laps just say 0/1 for the whole race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well now I have this weird Pringles Edition Miata that was only given out to people in Germany and Belgium, so I guess I have to drive it constantly.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

I said come in! posted:

They have explicitly said they will be. Nothing said about Horizons so will have to wait a month for E3 to get more information about Forza this year.
This is good as im not buying a Bone for any price and miss the Forza games.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I had the pleasure of running the Rio National Circuit on the ABCS lobby. That might be the worst track for ABCS. Everybody fucks up on that narrow downhill section and all the classes end up trying to get through the tiny 2 lane funnel on the first lap at the same time. I raged quit instead of saving the replay, but it was very bad. I did some races on the full circuit and it wasn't as bad, that little mountain bit is enough to slow people down enough to get through it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nurburgring has always been a lobby killer to be honest. You can start with 24 people but by the end of the race there will be like 12 people racing. And nobody stays to wait until the race is starting because they don't know if they will be waiting 10 minutes for the race to finish or 2 minutes because the laps just say 0/1 for the whole race.

Yet everyone votes for it in hoppers.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Pubbies aren't smart. They vote for poo poo tracks like Yas Marina too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bigsteve posted:

They have explicitly said they will be. Nothing said about Horizons so will have to wait a month for E3 to get more information about Forza this year.
This is good as im not buying a Bone for any price and miss the Forza games.

I thought the wording was really vague and it wasn't really confirmed one way or the other that this was going to happen. It'll be interesting to see how Forza 6 does on PC if it really happens. I am not fully convinced PC gamers are going to accept this game. It won't have a lot of the features that PC racing sim fans demand.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

My bets are there will be at least one game breaking port issue like the impulse triggers will never work or something and it will never be addressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Impulse triggers?

• Locked thread