Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Archenteron posted:

Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO?

Why would you punish him like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Archenteron posted:

Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO?

:agreed:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO? What a journey from being a SA mod back on the day where Eve chat was gulag'd away.

It's Videogames in five to six years :3:

If weasel is smart he will run the gently caress away from that. Why in the gently caress would you subject someone you ostensibly like to leading a huge group of shitheads, especially when he's made 0 indication that he would want to?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I've been in and out of GSF for nearly 10 years and sometimes I don't like some of the things that are going on but there's always tons of other poo poo happening with some group or other and plenty of things to do with smaller groups of people so that's kept me more or less content to stay with the group even when things are rocky.

I've known a ton of people in and out of the alliance during that time. Typically it goes like this:

1. Person is tired of eve in general. Leaves game outright, doesn't come back, doesn't make a fuss. Sometimes these types will drop into jabber or on the forums and say hello. Sometimes not.

2. Person is tired of GSF due to some reason, either lack of content they want to do, or arguments with others. Person leaves GSF for somewhere else. More often than not they also stop playing EVE shortly after. Sometimes they even end up in hostile corps but don't really gently caress around with GSF specifically any more than they would with any other enemy. A lot of PL people have done this and are more or less chill.

3. Person is tired of GSF due to some reason, either lack of content they want to do, or arguments with others. Person leaves GSF and either steals everything before they go, or gets kicked in some dramabomb, or threatens to do something. Typically that person immediately joins a hostile alliance or starts a hostile corp and posts constantly here (and now on r/eve) about everything that is wrong with GSF and how bad of a shape the alliance is in and will generally tell anyone who will listen.

The problem is, #3 is the type that hangs out in this forum for years, sometimes they left GSF more than 5 years ago, and are still for some reason angry about how the alliance is run. So, generally you see a lot more shitposting etc, because many of the people who have moved on in good ways find a good time with their new organizations and socialize there, or they are out of EVE entirely and don't post here because they aren't into the game anymore.

If someone is leaving because they had an issue, didn't try to complain about that issue to specific leadership, and instead decided to make a public "I quit" post, then shout to the rooftops about all the bad things they had to deal with, I think that kind of talk says a lot more about the immaturity or mental status of the person leaving than the organization.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Is this the part of the movie where you all realize you're being dumb and get together as a TEAM and beat the bad guys?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

4outof5 posted:

Is this the part of the movie where you all realize you're being dumb and get together as a TEAM and beat the bad guys?

I hope so

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its almost like if you behave like a rational adult and try to get problems addressed you will get treated like a rational adult in turn.

however that just doesnt have the same entertainment value as turning the attention whore dial up to 11 on your way out and vaguely alluding to ~problems~ or throwing a giant walleyed loving fit because you were left out of a comic

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

Is there a particular benefit for you in having ops posted, instead of broadcasts for swordfleets/standingfleets/oppressionfleets when they're being assembled?

The EVE playerbase is aging. People have serious jobs, families, kids, other hobbies (like better games). Sitting around and waiting a few hours for the desired type of jabber ping is a poor gameplay style that some people do not find desirable. Like, me! Or probably that other guy, too. Heck, maybe he needs to know in advance so he can put together the appropriate ship or time a jumpclone. In fact, it's more relevant for other people because I'm too busy to bother logging in, and I'm definitely not gonna watch every directorbot ping even if I was on jabber. I realize the current "Imperium" strategy is Fabian-not-fun so scheduled ops can piss right off, but some people like to do things that are both strategically useful and fun. Or just fun! Having scheduled ops lets people plan their fun in advance. I still remember the halcyon days when we had both FCs and directors that were in agreement about using the Op calendar, and I actually showed up on weekends at specific times to play goons in space. Once upon a time, I even posted my own ops there!

Side note: if goons ever use capitals again, you'd probably get a better turnout for things like move ops if they're posted in advance, too. I'm sure our enemies have jabber capswarm spies and form up faster than us and will have capital fleets near us so please let the spy worries fall by the wayside.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

go3 posted:

its almost like if you behave like a rational adult and try to get problems addressed you will get treated like a rational adult in turn.

however that just doesnt have the same entertainment value as turning the attention whore dial up to 11 on your way out and vaguely alluding to ~problems~ or throwing a giant walleyed loving fit because you were left out of a comic

drat you made someone salty

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

go3 posted:

Not sure that even something as obnoxious as a reddit AMA is as egregious as what you claim people do when they leave

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

cravius posted:

Not sure that even something as obnoxious as a reddit AMA is as egregious as what you claim people do when they leave

So, what is your purpose for posting here? It mainly just seems to be to poo poo on another organization because of ???

Like, what do you want to accomplish?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

So, what is your purpose for posting here? It mainly just seems to be to poo poo on another organization because of ???

The organization is cool and good, the leadership is iffy. Sorry for talking about a goon guild on SA I guess?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

SA, the place where talking about Goon Guilds is bad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Archenteron posted:

Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO? What a journey from being a SA mod back on the day where Eve chat was gulag'd away.

It's Videogames in five to six years :3:

Mittens is pretty much the ideal sort of ceo for gsf - he has the time and the hurf thing is important, you need to motivate thousands of nerds and being unashamed of it is a surprisingly rare and valuable trait. You don't get to where we we've been (and still are, we may be in a bad situation but we're still the largest alliance in eve by far) in eve by being chill and laid back. All of our current opponents may disagree, but for all the trouble we're in now, we've dished out a lot more poo poo over the past few years to everyone in the mbc than we're receiving right now. Like, even knowing the hurf works, it's a little embarrassing, but I mean watch people who play pro sports and listen to them unironically hurf out about their sport. They know it's dumb in one sense but it pumps them up anyway.

There's a lot of things we need to work on, but the basic machinery of GSF and the rest of our coalition is what's dominated EVE for the last five years or so. We've slipped up and need to fix it but we've also done a great deal right over the years and we don't want to lose that. 95% of the people attacking us are, after all, motivated by a desire to avenge various humiliations we've inflicted on them in the past. Pretty much the only people who don't fit that bill are the lowsec types (and many of them came from alliances we crushed in the past), so while there's a lot of things to improve, it's very much a 'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater' sort of thing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

That Works posted:

he's in goonfleetwaffe you goofus calm down

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
It's possible to want to be in another group more rather than just hate gsf as well.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
in your case it's possible to want to keep ratting in the same place

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Afk ratting is dead broski. I know you aren't familiar with the game that the thread you live in is supposed to be about.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paging Ullerm,

I was doing some prep work for a project and found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rFy0-Iz1M

I spoke to Tyrrax after I posted it in the #habit channel. Apparently he wasn't even piloting it when it happened :laugh:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Despera posted:

Afk ratting is dead broski. I know you aren't familiar with the game that the thread you live in is supposed to be about.

i sure did say afk

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I have to say, dreadnaught rats as a way to kill afk ratting was a shockingly well-thought out and well-executed move by CCP. I'm just not used to CCP actually pulling that sort of thing off, they silently killed afk ratting and made nullsec basically happy with its demise.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

Paging Ullerm,

I was doing some prep work for a project and found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rFy0-Iz1M

I spoke to Tyrrax after I posted it in the #habit channel. Apparently he wasn't even piloting it when it happened :laugh:

Yep, Tyrrax is basically the king of losing rare ships. :) There's only one left out of the four, making it tied with the Fedathron for the rarest ship in the game.

(Technically, a fifth Impoc briefly existed, but was given back to CCP in an event.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 6, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

I have to say, dreadnaught rats as a way to kill afk ratting was a shockingly well-thought out and well-executed move by CCP. I'm just not used to CCP actually pulling that sort of thing off, they silently killed afk ratting and made nullsec basically happy with its demise.

Say what you will about how hilariously incompetent CCP is, but it seems like they know what people want, they just implement it in the worst possible way. I think they got it generally right this time.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Afk ratting is still very much alive, just now back to subcaps

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

Afk ratting is still very much alive, just now back to subcaps

What subcaps don't get obliterated by a dreadnaught rat spawn while afk ratting?

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016
Just avoid havens and sanctums.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

evilweasel posted:

What subcaps don't get obliterated by a dreadnaught rat spawn while afk ratting?

They don't spawn in every type of anom

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
:munch: This war brings out the worst of people!

There are some gem posts in this stash of poo poo posting, I would like to see goons rediscover the magic of 07 while fighting bob & co with red alliance. I have wondered before, but no definitive answer, seeing legion of death was pretty friendly before and now solar is also "buddy" with death, why mittens didn't bring Death to his side? That would add like 1k pilot in EU timezone? Not including the amount of supercaps to balance out PL/NC.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Idk why I even bother coming to this thread anymore when I can read all the choice bits on reddit. Seriously, the turnaround between contentious post here and it winding up over there is impressive

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Troll the regulars, duh.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

That Works posted:

clam down.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

You're an irredeemable moron:

You were a muck stirring piece of poo poo with a sense of unwarranted self importance pretty much from the moment you joined the AA guild, a guild which you had absolutely no hand in creating or put an ounce of work into, and yet you felt entitled enough to whisper every officer from the minute you joined trying to get control of it. You and gicer basically hit SPERGCON 1 as soon as you realized people outside of EVE don't give a poo poo about what happens inside EVE (and are well adjusted enough people to keep EVE drama in game), so you spent most of your time spamming the equivalent of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in rage on IRC and sneaking BFM back into the guild, whilst manufacturing controversy every chance you got.

You've posted about 8 times since you joined SA, you're not even a part of this community, you're just some idiot who enjoys calling people J4Gs despite being some refugee from a webcomic forum who is good at whelping interceptors in the wrong region a lot during a war. That is when you're not sitting in various jabber channels ranting about SJWs, justfying doxxing, how everything is a big conspiracy, and pitifully illustrating just how debilitating fetal alcohol syndrome can be on someone.

And when people outside of your hugbox rightly and roundly mocked you for your lovely behavior, you decided to take drama you created to an entirely absurd level, getting me and others banned from every community you had influence in, GSF included, by flat out lying to people. You violated pretty much THE core tenant of the blacklist by using it as a personal weapon to settle an entirely personal vendetta that existed in only your head, and then you flat out LIE, just like you were caught here, to save face.

I never doxxed you and I never tried, mostly because you're beneath me and I should probably just tell you to shut the gently caress up like every other sane person here, but I really felt it was important to articulate just how much of a cancer you are. I would say you're literally the only goon I've met online or off that I haven't been able to make friends with, but I don't think you qualify. You're more like a barely sentient caricature of a human being that basically just does awful poo poo because you were never properly socialized or hugged enough, idk.

tl;dr shut the gently caress up DBRB :toot:

Lets reply to this shitshow. I pushed for bobfrommarketing to be banned from the group because he is a pedo, to be honest if I had thought you would care so much and put so much effort into going at me for it, I might have just said gently caress it.. You disagreed and even to the point of calling me a pedo supporter. You took it too far and your posting reached other people who remembered you as the NC.dot guy that used writing for TMC as a way to sneak into goons. Once people realized you were just a poo poo stain who isn't worth much time, they removed you from the group and mocked you v0v.

I do not call people j4g, because I think its petty and can care less. Either I spend time playing games with those people or I do not, I could care less about the rest. I joined SA back in the day to post on FYAD and that is about it. I barely post here in MMO because meh, but it is fun to read from time to time for posts like this.

I do not rant about anything seriously unless it is just obviously trolling about the subject to stir up conversation or poo poo. But, it never fails to amaze me how people like you still fall for all the poo poo I spew like its 100% serious poo poo.

I do not have a hugbox but I am glad to think you still obsess over me. You make the comment that I am beneath you but I forgot about you when archage ended because you were never important enough to remember. To be honest, the only reason I remember you exist is that about once a month some goons would say "hey that kimsemus guy is still upset about you from archeage and is trying to stir up poo poo with your name again." This has gone on since I stopped playing the game (which is almost two years now.) I mean for someone trying to post all big and bad, you seem to not get my name off your mind as often as you bring it up.

I never claimed you doxxed me or even went after my name outside of dabigredboat, but if you think that will get you brownie points on here go ahead and use it. But hey if you want to do personal attacks you can ask the many goons that I hang out with often as to how much of a "anti social person I am and that I never properly socialize or get hugged by people"

I do not know but maybe someone will let you hang out with goons again after you do what everyone else does, point at dbrb and try to fling poo poo. Because hey in 2016 apparently that is still the "cool thing" for people obsessed with my name to do. You have only been trying for two years now.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Shut up boat

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
whole bunch of words talking poo poo from a dude who can't get "couldn't care less" right

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
They troll themselves!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Idk why I even bother coming to this thread anymore when I can read all the choice bits on reddit. Seriously, the turnaround between contentious post here and it winding up over there is impressive

no dude we're the obsessed ones

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dabigredboat posted:

Lets reply to this shitshow. I pushed for bobfrommarketing to be banned from the group because he is a pedo, to be honest if I had thought you would care so much and put so much effort into going at me for it, I might have just said gently caress it.. You disagreed and even to the point of calling me a pedo supporter. You took it too far and your posting reached other people who remembered you as the NC.dot guy that used writing for TMC as a way to sneak into goons. Once people realized you were just a poo poo stain who isn't worth much time, they removed you from the group and mocked you v0v.

I do not call people j4g, because I think its petty and can care less. Either I spend time playing games with those people or I do not, I could care less about the rest. I joined SA back in the day to post on FYAD and that is about it. I barely post here in MMO because meh, but it is fun to read from time to time for posts like this.

I do not rant about anything seriously unless it is just obviously trolling about the subject to stir up conversation or poo poo. But, it never fails to amaze me how people like you still fall for all the poo poo I spew like its 100% serious poo poo.

I do not have a hugbox but I am glad to think you still obsess over me. You make the comment that I am beneath you but I forgot about you when archage ended because you were never important enough to remember. To be honest, the only reason I remember you exist is that about once a month some goons would say "hey that kimsemus guy is still upset about you from archeage and is trying to stir up poo poo with your name again." This has gone on since I stopped playing the game (which is almost two years now.) I mean for someone trying to post all big and bad, you seem to not get my name off your mind as often as you bring it up.

I never claimed you doxxed me or even went after my name outside of dabigredboat, but if you think that will get you brownie points on here go ahead and use it. But hey if you want to do personal attacks you can ask the many goons that I hang out with often as to how much of a "anti social person I am and that I never properly socialize or get hugged by people"

I do not know but maybe someone will let you hang out with goons again after you do what everyone else does, point at dbrb and try to fling poo poo. Because hey in 2016 apparently that is still the "cool thing" for people obsessed with my name to do. You have only been trying for two years now.

Boat shut the gently caress up, if you look at the eve hell dump thread about BFM you were loving screening for that piece of poo poo and making excuses for him being creepy and weird. gently caress off with your lying about that poo poo nerd.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Boat shut the gently caress up, if you look at the eve hell dump thread about BFM you were loving screening for that piece of poo poo and making excuses for him being creepy and weird. gently caress off with your lying about that poo poo nerd.

calling him out for his lies doesn't do poo poo, he's always been a pathological liar and denies every last one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
quote me reddit you obsessive fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread