Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Checkmate, nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Earth - black
Air - white
Fire - red
Water - blue
Elder - gold

Problem solved for colorblind too

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Elder should be white so we can blame comebacks and throws on old white dragons IMO

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This just reminds me that they missed a big opportunity to make the Elder dragon the Heart dragon instead

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This just reminds me that they missed a big opportunity to make the Elder dragon the Heart dragon instead

You mean Captain Planet Earth Dragon.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

slydingdoor posted:

Jungle xp changes are a snowball mechanic: they make comebacks harder.

You've only ever been able to catch up by farming the jungle by essentially taking one of your camps twice–to get it to respawn and level up–or counterjungling a recently respawned enemy camp. Now camps with fewer creeps are extra worthless at that. Pre-6.9 xp was multiplied by 50%/level behind the camp. Now it's a flat 30/lvl more per creep, + 35 or 20 depending on whether the t2 jungle item is complete for large creeps. That means the only way to efficiently catch up is to take chickens on cooldown. Taking/stealing Gromps or Krugs or especially Buffs is relatively worthless in comparison if you're looking to gain/deny comeback XP. Leaving up one chicken hoses junglers who are behind.

Fast farming or control junglers are relatively better than before–they've always been at least even with their camps, and their counterjungling is way stronger. If you're a ganker you need to convert those kills and/or leech/tax more to stay even. AOE mages are now a lot better at hosing either jungler by oneshotting the small chickens. Veigar and Lux come to mind. Also, zoning solo laners without jungle items back such that they need to take camps is even stronger–they get no extra experience for being behind the camps.

Buddy jungling probably is toast. Maybe more laners will take smite. I've mentioned this before, but Hunter's Talisman is now the far and away best mana regen item in the game, and in mid it is trivially easy to trigger it: just stand on the ramp. If you can easily shoot chickens to trigger the HoT, all the better.

I recognize the intent of the changes, but the re-balancing of experience in the jungle actually hurts junglers - especially those who are susceptible to early invaders and/or rely on trying to rush to 6 for a performance spike. Buying it as a regen item seems like it might be good in theory but in practice it just screams for you to get pushed in, since you'll be down one effective combat summoner spell (and killing 1 minion every 45 seconds doesn't really help you counter-push) and end up in a regen vs xp situation.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I haven't played league in a few days should I try the new patch or not I'm pretty tired.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
vlad feels okay but also not good at the same time? he feels a lot stronger in a way; the crit Qs and fully charged Es hit like a truck and the slow on E is nice, but his ranges are still absolute garbage and the loss of spell vamp is extremely noticeable considering the fact that he was already a kind of squishy champ and he lost some raw tankiness with the rework. on the flipside, the itemization is a lot kinder to him in general with CDR on zhonya and abyssal

i'll just have to play him more i guess

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im gonna wait for that master vlad only guy in korea to figure out what to do with new vlad bc ive always just copied his vlad build and i usually do pretty well

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
New Vlad feels like poop from a butt. His aoe thing deals ok damage but it requires he slow down Varus style, without the Varus range, then try to get close enough to let it off and combo people without dying because you're still Vlad (esp. Since I think Ap-to-Health was nerfed). Your blood pool is pretty much mandatory-use for your combo, instead of a backup escape plan.

I feel bad for beating a dude with some JRPG Vlad skin who was actually pretty good but up against a Brand, Fiddles, and Riven.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dash thing owns bones on Akali and makes her feel way stupid powerful

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Dash thing owns bones on Akali and makes her feel way stupid powerful

I can imagine; Akali always feels like you're one dash short of resetting your Essence and continuing to ping-pong around the fight.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fire dragon, I rarely see it, but it needs a nerf in how many stats it gives or just change/remove it.

Earth dragon needs a champion damage reduction effect added or to just be removed because it sucks to play a early dragon chomping champ and it just keeps rolling earth over and over.

Fire dragon just outclasses the earth dragon in the "do more damage" department, sure getting 60% turret damage is nice but I'd rather have a team with a extra item worth of stats per person that works on the enemy team.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yea

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Fiddle sup so good but I want to try jg

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

apparently they're hotfixing cass this evening? i wonder if any other champs (malzahar hello) are getting touched

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Cass, Swain, Vlad are getting buffed, Malz is getting nerfed.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i want to marry the 6 minute ocean dragon

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

well i just played my first game on the new patch

we got 3 fire dragons in a row

edit: we also had an ap rengar jungle and if anyone was looking to bring out the cat again thats the build to do it with now that you can get bonus burst from the hextech revolver

Radical fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 6, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The enemy team got four Fire dragons in a row somehow, and we still won. Jungler missed smite once, had smite down once, and smited the enemy jungler once...

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
what happens if you get four of a dragon

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You win the hand of Wizard Poker

edit: fiddle's new passive is definitely a step in the right direction. That and new zhonya's make him a happy scarecrow.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 6, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder, once this patch hits pro play, how likely we are to see level one dragon fights become The Thing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's risky to build a level 1 dragon comp because you might get lovely dragons 3 times in a row early and it not matter much, or you might get 3 flame dragons in a row and stomp

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

It's risky to build a level 1 dragon comp because you might get lovely dragons 3 times in a row early and it not matter much, or you might get 3 flame dragons in a row and stomp

The only lovely dragon is the air one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vlad doesn't need damage buffs, he needs either range buffs or survivability buffs

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Have we talked enough about how great Zyra support is? Because Zyra support is awesome

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

The only lovely dragon is the air one.

I never feel like earth is worthwhile unless you specifically have a siege comp or something. Ocean and fire are just universally good. Cloud is probably amazing if you're a pro team because it makes your rotations strictly superior to an identical enemy rotation, but for dynamic queue it feels pretty unimpressive.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I never feel like earth is worthwhile unless you specifically have a siege comp or something. Ocean and fire are just universally good. Cloud is probably amazing if you're a pro team because it makes your rotations strictly superior to an identical enemy rotation, but for dynamic queue it feels pretty unimpressive.

Earth Dragon is insanely good for doing baron and turning picks into huge pushes. True damage to structures is absolutely insane, and it absolutely chews through Baron.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

earth is insane if you have trist or ziggs on your team

they kill towers solo in literally three seconds

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
earth also applies to smite apparently which is another plus in its favor for baron/elder contests

in other news maybe i will climb to gold once i learn that being extremely fed is not an excuse to dive inhib turrets, even 1v1, and all it will do is delay us closing a game for another 10 minutes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New Dominion looks like it has more effort put into it than old dominion had since it went live

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
That's not saying much

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

at one point last night i just walked bottom to fight for the dragon at level 6 since me and the other dude top both didn't have tp. i dont know if i would have bothered for a non fire dragon but it was nice to do something besides farm.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the earth dragon bonus being true damage means your dps raises substantially against towers that have no minions nearby. even at the 10% level your dps is almost doubled in those cases, which is crucial in late game situations where you need to take advantage of enemy champions being dead and don't have time to wait for creep waves

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Dragons are bad rear end so more dragons = better. It's that simple folks.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Ristolaz is my friend and cool and he's right.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Water dragon is cool and good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
SONA IS GOOD!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU