Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

END ME SCOOB posted:

All I can think looking at this is "Man, that's not gonna get irritating after every loving fight"

You're right, it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

All I can think looking at this is "Man, that's not gonna get irritating after every loving fight"

There's a short version

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

END ME SCOOB posted:

You can skip the animation.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can skip the animation.

Complaint retracted!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm getting a strong Kamen Rider vibe from the motorcycle chick for some reason. Maybe it's the way she wears that scarf.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Everything about P5 just loving oozes style. The September release date is just for Japan right? Because I need it in my life like right now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

I'm getting a strong Kamen Rider vibe from the motorcycle chick for some reason. Maybe it's the way she wears that scarf.

:rip:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

SO5 on PS3 sells 20,000 units.
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201605050009/

Dunno if that's amazingly bad or not.

Also an intriguing note is the abundance of reviews for SO5 on Amazon.co.jp. With 239 1 star reviews, it has moe reviews than all of SO4's ratings. Granted, it also has more 5 star reviews. I'm just saying that they did a good job of getting people aware of this game. Or maybe it's the censorship poo poo, I dunno.
it's selling slightly more than omega quintet, a super low budget PS4 launch title whose most noteworthy feature was having music by the people who do every crappy anime OP ever

tho yeah, we don't have PS4 sales for SO5

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

it's selling slightly more than omega quintet, a super low budget PS4 launch title whose most noteworthy feature was having music by the people who do every crappy anime OP ever

We do, it sold 113k in its debut.

Funny thing is, assuming it's a good port, SO5 will easily do that much on steam, probably doubling it by the end of the year.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

NikkolasKing posted:

Also an intriguing note is the abundance of reviews for SO5 on Amazon.co.jp. With 239 1 star reviews, it has moe reviews than all of SO4's ratings. Granted, it also has more 5 star reviews. I'm just saying that they did a good job of getting people aware of this game. Or maybe it's the censorship poo poo, I dunno.

Amazon.co.jp has a sort of notoriety for games getting bombed with 1/5s by angry 2ch nerds who lose their poo poo over the smallest things

They may or may not actually even play the games themselves

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hivac posted:

Amazon.co.jp has a sort of notoriety for games getting bombed with 1/5s by angry 2ch nerds who lose their poo poo over the smallest things

They may or may not actually even play the games themselves
the guys who got mad about tales of zestiria not having sorey end up with either of the female leads, and therefore they called it a homo game

where those guys were for every other tales game, i don't know.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tae posted:

We do, it sold 113k in its debut.

Funny thing is, assuming it's a good port, SO5 will easily do that much on steam, probably doubling it by the end of the year.

Is it actually coming to Steam? I was looking for news on that and everyone said no.

Endorph posted:

But I thought Omega Quintet had good music, in keeping with "at least the music is good" position of most JRPGs.

As for SO5 PS4 sales

quote:

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness also did pretty well at 113,022 units sold in its debut, putting it at #2, but the series seems to have lost a touch of its driving force. Its predecessor, Star Ocean: The Last Hope sold 166,027 copies in its first week on the Xbox 360 in Japan back in 2009. A year later, it sold an additional 72,026 units for PlayStation 3 as Star Ocean: The Last Hope International. It’s also worth noting that when Star Ocean: The Last Hope released in Japan, it helped push the Xbox 360 sales with 25,334 units sold that week, pushing it past the PlayStation 3
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/06/week-sales-star-ocean-5-meet-yo-kai-watch/

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 5, 2016

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

the guys who got mad about tales of zestiria not having sorey end up with either of the female leads, and therefore they called it a homo game

where those guys were for every other tales game, i don't know.

Shipping the hero with the default female lead as usual?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Shipping the hero with the default female lead as usual?
That didn't really happen in Eternia, did it?

Also, Gaius and Wingul.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

That didn't really happen in Eternia, did it?

Also, Gaius and Wingul.

Eternia expressly pairs Reid with Farah and Keele with Meredy. It does it subtly and classily, as was the style of the early games (and one reason I started liking these games), but it's there.

I don't know how Gaius is relevant, I didn't think we're talking about villains.

e: I mean at least half of the gay panic about Zestiria is displaced resentment over Alisha, so there's also that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gaius is a hero.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mostly just meant 'it's not like Homo Games stuff is new territory for Tales,' not necessarily the heroes themselves.

and iunno, at the end of eternia i mostly got the impression Reid wanted to go home and marry a giant steak, more than anything. And Keele came around on Meredy but it never really seemed romantic.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

I mostly just meant 'it's not like Homo Games stuff is new territory for Tales,' not necessarily the heroes themselves.

and iunno, at the end of eternia i mostly got the impression Reid wanted to go home and marry a giant steak, more than anything. And Keele came around on Meredy but it never really seemed romantic.

Every other game, whether it has a gay ship or not (and I'm sure they all do, fans will go really far for them), has a traditional ship, and it's usually the one more prominent in the narrative, so it's not threatening. (No, I don't want to get into a Yuri or Rita argument right now. Yuri/Estelle is a thing. I'm not saying I personally support it, I'm saying it's a thing.)

Honestly I don't fully see the Eternia pairings either but they're Lovers team titles in Dressup Dungeon 3 so apparently they're canon?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Caphi posted:

I don't know how Gaius is relevant, I didn't think we're talking about villains.

Someone payed no attention.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If it helps, in that SO5 developer stream where some smartass asked if the heroine leaves, and the presenter said something like "there are multiple endings, you're actually free to pick your heroine," the next question was "are there homosexual endings?" I don't remember what the answer to that one was, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

asbel and cheria are the worst tales couple

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah, because asbel and richard is canon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

voltcatfish posted:

Asbel and Cheria are bad because they have wierdo adopted childhood child

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sophie is good

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cake Attack posted:

sophie is good

Graces is bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

I feel like any couple from Tales of Symphonia is way worse, personally. None of them felt like they had that kind of chemistry.

Uhh, I mean Genis and Presea is the worst.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best symphonia couple is lloyd and zelos

this is partly because for some reason lloyd suddenly sprouts a fun and interesting personality when he's talking to zelos

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cake Attack posted:

sophie is good

atelier is good

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Question.

Is there some thing with "head patting" in Japan?

Still lurking on Gamefaqs' SO5 board and in addition to the panties thing, someone said they removed "head patting' from the Western release of the game because there's a disconnect between Western and Japanese fans on what it means.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It's probably seen as demeaning in the West, whereas Japan might see it as more of an affectionate gesture.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

americans are strangers to social contact and never casually touch friends (ie hugs and so on)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

the best symphonia couple is lloyd and zelos

this is partly because for some reason lloyd suddenly sprouts a fun and interesting personality when he's talking to zelos

That's a good one but it's not as good as Alvin and the crippling weight of his past sins.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Davincie posted:

americans are strangers to social contact and never casually touch friends (ie hugs and so on)
Americans don't kiss family friends or even close family members on the cheeks unless they're parents and SOs so I have to assume this is true.
Greetings must be boring as hell there.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Head pats are pretty weird though. It's like they're petting a dog.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Renoistic posted:

Head pats are pretty weird though. It's like they're petting a dog.

Yes. Im not american, Im from a place where we are very physical with family and friends. And still I find this "head patting" thing very weird to do with humans.

And in a videogame, its actually a bit creepy

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Especially since, as far as I know, it's done from an older guy to a young, usually prepubescent, girl. It comes off as weird.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Davincie posted:

Depends on the people involved. Some friends I greet with hugs, others with handshakes, etc. We're very individualistic in our social habits!

We don't like being touched or crowded by strangers or casual acquaintances, however - it's seen as extremely disrespectful.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
I don't think I'd mind a head pat irl

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Physical contact from anything not a pillow would be good :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch