Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

What makes me doubt this is that none of the architecture in the Profaned Capital really matches up to Drangleic.

This doubt is correct.

Half of the Anor Londo great bridge is not where it should be, and the space just outside the boss door in the Capital looks mighty familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Okay it's been, what, 3 weeks now?

WHY ISN'T MY CONTROLLER WORKING ARGLEBARGLE! :rant:

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
So what's a good build with faith in this game? I went quality first time around and want to try something new, and sorcery kind of sucks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mazed posted:

On DLC talk, here's what I wanna know, more about these things:

Apparently they're the "terminal" form of those hosed up tree-corpses you see early on, or possibly what occurs under the wrappings you see on "pilgrims" like Yoel, being that they're called "pilgrim butterflies".

I have a theory that they're a failed attempt at making moonlight butterflies.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Genocyber posted:

They're already doing a far east-themed DLC. It's called Nioh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5UG7AMhOY

This kind of looks like what would happen if Dark Souls and the Witcher got together and had a ninja baby.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Okay it's been, what, 3 weeks now?

WHY ISN'T MY CONTROLLER WORKING ARGLEBARGLE! :rant:

What drivers are you using

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

BurntCornMuffin posted:

This doubt is correct.

Half of the Anor Londo great bridge is not where it should be, and the space just outside the boss door in the Capital looks mighty familiar.

The architecture of the Profaned Capital matches up to Anor Londo even less. Also none of the lore makes sense for Anor Londo.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 6, 2016

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Spite posted:

So what's a good build with faith in this game? I went quality first time around and want to try something new, and sorcery kind of sucks.

Depends. If you're a buffing/fighting sort of faithman, just spec out for your favorite weapon, get the bellvine and buff away.

If you're a lightning throwing sort of faithman, play something else and respec in NG+, the projectiles kinda suck until late game.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is better than sex? Not saying the game is bad, its brilliant compared to 99% of the crap out there but what keeps me coming back to Ds1 and especially Ds2 is building my character and trying different builds. Vitality as a stat is currently useless as armor and absorptions are probably bugged, poise is non existant and magic is laughably the weakest of the three entries so far, reducing the amount of viable builds. Using big and slow weapons feels like gimping yourself in pve as the gameplay is more BB-oriented, but FROM didn't compensate by adjusting their swing speeds and stamina consumptions. Fast estus chugging makes invasions a chore. I'm sure at least some of these things will be fixed in time, hopefully. Feel free to defend the game and counter my opinions bye.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Digirat posted:

What drivers are you using

FAKE EDIT: I did some checking, and turned off one thing on a whim, and now it works fine

So thanks, I suppose.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

The Far East is inhabited entirely by skeletons. You never saw Shiva's face, for all you know he was a skeleton under that armour! :shepface:

Shiva the Deceased

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Eryxias posted:

This kind of looks like what would happen if Dark Souls and the Witcher got together and had a ninja baby.

The game is pretty garbage. The random items just kill one of my favorite parts of should games. Also, it is way to dark and the combat mechanics don't feel as tight

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Otakufag posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is better than sex? Not saying the game is bad, its brilliant compared to 99% of the crap out there but what keeps me coming back to Ds1 and especially Ds2 is building my character and trying different builds. Vitality as a stat is currently useless as armor and absorptions are probably bugged, poise is non existant and magic is laughably the weakest of the three entries so far, reducing the amount of viable builds. Using big and slow weapons feels like gimping yourself in pve as the gameplay is more BB-oriented, but FROM didn't compensate by adjusting their swing speeds and stamina consumptions. Fast estus chugging makes invasions a chore. I'm sure at least some of these things will be fixed in time, hopefully. Feel free to defend the game and counter my opinions bye.

Many people are unhappy with those aspects of the game.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Another potential DLC spot is that statue of Gwynevere? where the 5 dogs are in Irithyll. It's so out of place imo.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Uhhhhhh so drawing out inner strength? I see that it turns me hollow. Pro's/Cons?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I gave into temptation and now my lovingly constructed All Rings build is lv30, and having nonzero amounts of trouble getting Farron Wolf summons. :negative:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

w00tmonger posted:

Uhhhhhh so drawing out inner strength? I see that it turns me hollow. Pro's/Cons?
Cons: You are now made of beef jerky
Pros: Do it 5 times and you're on the path to one of the alternate endings, a new NPC with some fancy stuff (like the white phantom ring) shows up, and you can get a little bit more mileage out of the "hollow" enhancements.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

It's a bit harsh on your complexion.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Blaziken386 posted:

Cons: You are now made of beef jerky
Pros: Do it 5 times and you're on the path to one of the alternate endings, a new NPC with some fancy stuff (like the white phantom ring) shows up, and you can get a little bit more mileage out of the "hollow" enhancements.

so I should probably just be jerky-man right?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Honestly I think DS3 has far more bad design decisions than good, it's just they got enough of the critical ones right that I (and many others) are willing to overlook it, mostly.

w00tmonger posted:

Pros:
- Sets you on the path to an otherwise inaccessible ending
- Only way to get a certain NPC vendor in your game, she sells some fun stuff and eventually you get her sword / armor too
- Total of 5 free levels if you follow through with it all the way
- Hollow-infused weapons scale with your beef jerkiness, useful if you're doing a luck build

Cons:
- You look like beef jerky, and your shadow glitches out and disappears
- You also have to stab an innocent waifu / husbando in the face to get that ending, you huge (beef) jerk
- It's incredibly easy to gently caress up some of the other prerequisites and now you look like beef jerky for no good reason

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 6, 2016

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

What's the accepted pvp level that people have ended up at for this game?
I stopped at SL70 but am starting to feel a bit fragile and coop is drying up.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Otakufag posted:

have you read this thread at all? no, you are not the only one

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

While we are talking about bad things, here's a tiny one: The effect where you get covered like ash(??) looks like garbage. The blood on your clothes got a tiny bit excessive in bloodborne but it took 20-30 minutes to get completely covered and it actually looked sharp and high-resolution there. Here you just turn into a featureless blob human in 2 minutes. It's not very local, it's really blurry and low-res, and it happens way too fast in many areas. There's not much reason to use any outfits that don't completely obscure your character for fashion souls because they become a soot golem within minutes.

A pretty big step back in the pretty barbie dressup metagame IMO.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Digirat posted:

While we are talking about bad things, here's a tiny one: The effect where you get covered like ash(??) looks like garbage. The blood on your clothes got a tiny bit excessive in bloodborne but it took 20-30 minutes to get completely covered and it actually looked sharp and high-resolution there. Here you just turn into a featureless blob human in 2 minutes. It's not very local, it's really blurry and low-res, and it happens way too fast in many areas. There's not much reason to use any outfits that don't completely obscure your character for fashion souls because they become a soot golem within minutes.

A pretty big step back in the pretty barbie dressup metagame IMO.

Agree'd, and they were doing so well making hollowing optional too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Cons:
- You look like beef jerky, and your shadow glitches out and disappears
- It's incredibly easy to gently caress up some of the other prerequisites and now you look like beef jerky for no good reason

Though to be fair, you can get a ring that makes you look non-hollow.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey vermain, witch's lock with 40/40 int/fth? really good!

hell, mine isn't even at +5 and i'm winning duels with it because people don't know how it's weapon art phantom range

i've hit people halfway across the arena like millions of times

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rafza posted:

hell, mine isn't even at +5 and i'm winning duels with it because people don't know how it's weapon art phantom range

Thats gonna be my next build. Should I level up STR DEX any or nah?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im convinced the Black Knight Glaive is the best wep in the game.. the weapon art is just a hurricane of death. Ive never died to a Dark Sword but I will lose every single time I fight someone with the glaive.. Its the scariest weapon to me, besides the giant 50 str weapons that two-hit KO me if Im sloppy for even a second.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Can't tell if serious

Oceiros having a 3-frame activation charge is not alright in a game that's based around reacting appropriately to incoming attacks, especially when it does so much goddamn damage.

Rafza posted:

Glad to hear it's working out well. Whips have come a long way since the grand ol' days of DS1, although it's sad that you can no longer do (admittedly inexplicable) backstabs/ripostes with them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Vermain posted:

Oceiros having a 3-frame activation charge is not alright in a game that's based around reacting appropriately to incoming attacks, especially when it does so much goddamn damage.

Yeah I know the pain, the thing is he is a later game boss for dudes who are statistically stronger. By cheesing too him you've demonstrably already beaten the dancer (how did you manage that I wonder)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

Yeah I know the pain, the thing is he is a later game boss for dudes who are statistically stronger. By cheesing too him you've demonstrably already beaten the dancer (how did you manage that I wonder)

It's more the principle of the matter than anything else. Like, I beat him first try because I knew the score with the later bosses by that point (they can either animation cancel or pull out outrageously fast attacks) and was holding up a Black Knight Shield for most of the fight, but anyone trying to get by with just dodging is probably going to slam their head against a wall when they come up against him. In a game series that established itself on a slow, ponderous, tactical combat system, having you still stuck with a grotesquely slow action queue trying to fight enemies who can do fighting game combos feels both unfair and unfun.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vermain posted:

It's more the principle of the matter than anything else. Like, I beat him first try because I knew the score with the later bosses by that point (they can either animation cancel or pull out outrageously fast attacks) and was holding up a Black Knight Shield for most of the fight, but anyone trying to get by with just dodging is probably going to slam their head against a wall when they come up against him. In a game series that established itself on a slow, ponderous, tactical combat system, having you still stuck with a grotesquely slow action queue trying to fight enemies who can do fighting game combos feels both unfair and unfun.

See, funny thing, as a sword and board rear end in a top hat I found Oceiros entirely trivial. He straight up couldn't break my shieldblock without magical bullshit, and as long as I hugged him close he wouldn't break out magical bullshit (other than one breath sweep, which may have been me loving up but it went fine).

Myrdraayl
Apr 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

If you're doing a sl1 run then not using a shield with 100% block when you can is not the games fault.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

So assuming you are one of the people that can actually get summoned as a blue boy, what would be the best level/equipment range for farming those drat ears?

Yeah I was planning on making a hybrid that used the drang hammers, though morne's greathammer could also be fun. I haven't actually seen anyone using that weapon ingame.

I'd say mid 20s, with +0. I've gotten about 50 ears this way....

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
Anyone on PC have a set of Warden Twinblades they'd be cool with parting with? I want to try a Luck/Dex character and would really, really like to not have to wait for a good chunk of the game before it gets viable.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anyone on ps4 mind helping me with a semi-early (level 40-ish) Oceiros kil?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Domattee posted:

Thats exactly how to get him killed even. You either don't save Siegward and tell Patches where he is or save Siegward and don't tell Patches.

Goddammit, I thought I was being extra careful that way. I sent him before talking to Siegward in the kitchen and I killed the Pontiff before going into the dungeon. Next time I won't tell Patches because I always keep Siggy around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Anyone on ps4 mind helping me with a semi-early (level 40-ish) Oceiros kil?

yea I can try. password?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

HnK416 posted:

Anyone on PC have a set of Warden Twinblades they'd be cool with parting with? I want to try a Luck/Dex character and would really, really like to not have to wait for a good chunk of the game before it gets viable.

Is there any way to easily trade items down between SLs once you get them? I'm not too enthusiastic about most of the early-game weapons and would love to use some of the cooler late-game stuff for the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I can try. password?

might as well be LASERTAG

Put sign where the buff rear end in a top hat is, want to run past the cathedral knights.