Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i miss battlefield 2142

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's insane, this guy's taint.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure the red hanky in the back pocket means he's into fisting :mrgw:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ostentatious posted:

i miss battlefield 2142

you might be getting the sequel reveal tomorrow.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

you might be getting the sequel reveal tomorrow.

if they bring back titan mode i will buy it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

of course you'd quote the pic with the two things goons would never do

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CrashCat posted:

of course you'd quote the pic with the two things goons would never do

I played video games in a drunken haze
I was seventeen years young.
hurt my knuckles punching the machines
the taste of scotch rich on my tongue.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fiancee and I got back from seeing captain america civil war and it was a fun movie and we liked it a lot

I hope everybody else had a good day and a good night as well :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Fiancee and I got back from seeing captain america civil war and it was a fun movie and we liked it a lot

Oh yeah? I was thinking of taking the family to see that this weekend.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If violence is a problem, there is a lot of violence in the movie. Nothing too too bad, but definitely more than you'd expect. Also a fair amount of language, so if that bothers you as well, then maybe skip it, but otherwise I thought it was fun, lotta cool action bits, lotta fun comedy, interesting story, and it wasn't just quip after quip after quip

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I miss when video games were entertaining and fun, rather than just a way to pass the time between work and sleep

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
take your kids to zootopia

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

corn in the bible posted:

take your kids to zootopia

It's a good movie but exposing children to glittery tiger fuckboys and Shakira's fat-assed fursona at a susceptible age is a recipe for some awkward internet search histories years from now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

It's a good movie but exposing children to glittery tiger fuckboys and Shakira's fat-assed fursona at a susceptible age is a recipe for some awkward internet search histories years from now.

in this day and age I would not be surprised if there were worse things on the net they had already been exposed to, tbh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

or take your kids to see zootopia because disney's pretty on top of their "give good messages instead of whatever we were doing with little mermaid" game nowadays

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The one confirmed furry I know IRL said she first discovered her thing after watching the Disney Robin Hood movie. So, uh, yeah.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was inevitable and they might as well find out early

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess it's different when it's your own kid. Imagine finding out your nineteen-year-old son is a brony or whatever, personally I'd be saddened. Maybe I'm the one who has to do some soul-searching though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only way to safeguard your kids is to be a furry yourself so they rebel against you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't have kids, so I can't really say with 100% certainty what I'd do in that situation, so instead I will play dungeons of dredmor and hope my save file does not get corrupted again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I made a new character for the new season in Diablo III while catching up to podcasts, it was good fun, very relaxing

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Anyone else have any experience with a Turbo Duo?

I dug my old one out of the closet a few days ago and dusted it off. It turns on, but all I get is a weird baby-blue color on the TV screen with no other reaction.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

FirstAidKite posted:

Did they get Spidey right? Please tell me they did.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust posted:

I guess it's different when it's your own kid. Imagine finding out your nineteen-year-old son is a brony or whatever, personally I'd be saddened. Maybe I'm the one who has to do some soul-searching though
Not taking your kid to kid movies because they include cartoon animals is loving dumb though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

The one confirmed furry I know IRL said she first discovered her thing after watching the Disney Robin Hood movie. So, uh, yeah.

That movie was pretty great though all things considered. Also I'm certain there was a joke along these lines in the last season of Kimmy Schmidt.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Protect your children from playing Star Fox Zero, you just don't know which gate to hell that will open.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

Protect your children from playing Star Fox Zero, you just don't know which gate to hell that will open.

They might end up a Nintendo fan *Twilight Zone music*

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey me too. We liked it. I kinda liked Winter Soldier more (the take on a surveillance state gone wrong was really cool and subversive in the kind of way comics can be) but my wife liked Civil War more. It was definitely nice to not just have endless quips.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Been playing overwatch. Very fun

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

They might end up a Nintendo fan *Twilight Zone music*
drat, I'd rather they overdose on heroin.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Is that Shogo? That game owned.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wanderer posted:

Anyone else have any experience with a Turbo Duo?

I dug my old one out of the closet a few days ago and dusted it off. It turns on, but all I get is a weird baby-blue color on the TV screen with no other reaction.

Ask in the retro games thread. Lots of knowledgeable goons w/r/t old console internals. I'd link but I'm phone postin.

Real hurthling! posted:

the only way to safeguard your kids is to be a furry yourself so they rebel against you

It's the only way.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Clamknuckle posted:

Did they get Spidey right? Please tell me they did.

Yes

oh hell yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

MGSV had a pretty good use of it where its just a big map to facilitate multiple approaches, but I think most people hated that.

I loved it and played the game for triple digit hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Castlevania marathon has been rolling on and Aria of Sorrow might be my favorite one yet.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

In Training posted:

My Castlevania marathon has been rolling on and Aria of Sorrow might be my favorite one yet.

If you're enjoying Aria of Sorrow then you're in luck, because Dawn of Sorrow is even better!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Yes

oh hell yes

Sold, will be watching when the theatre opens.

In other news, i really like the thing blizzard does where you can play a game before it downloads all the files. But holy hell is there launcher finnicky.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-thing-2

seems legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Is that Shogo? That game owned.
It would own a lot more if enemies' reaction times weren't measured in nanoseconds. :negative:

• Locked thread