Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HerraS posted:

THERE IS NO IRONICAT BIG ENOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't. Same way I have no issue with ROH. I just want Meltzer to cover it fairly and reflect reality. There's a lot of turmoil in ROH and it isn't in the newsletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's more women in the broader sense that he has issues with.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's more women in the broader sense that he has issues with.

please don't call them broads

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Spermgod posted:

please don't call them broads

Broads don't belong in broadcasting.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

rovert posted:

I didn't say that. Meltzer complete refusal to say anything remotely negative about her is.

Charlotte in interviews is well aware of her faults and has a pretty decent perspective of her abilities. I've no real issue with her at all.

If that's the case maybe you should reflect on the way people react to you and realize that you can be hellishly overbearing about the subject and continuously bring it up to a point that people are put off by you.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Reaverbot posted:

If that's the case maybe you should reflect on the way people react to you and realize that you can be hellishly overbearing about the subject and continuously bring it up to a point that people are put off by you.

That's usually just schtick on my part to be honest.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
rovert is the ace of the reality era.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Can we please not try another rovert intervention this is the worst.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Karmine posted:

Can we please not try another rovert intervention this is the worst.

Where's the Pisscast?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think jubs needs an intervention now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Pisscast is dead, and I don't know how to deal with that

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

That's usually just schtick on my part to be honest.

Having a picture of Hulkamatt blowing a donkey does not exempt you from the No Gimmicks rule pal

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Rovert's gimmick is Justin Credible?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

rovert is not creepy and charlotte is pretty solid and improving

coconono posted:

petty, not creepy.

the only times he feels the need to constantly poo poo on wrestlers/personalities he feels are bad or overrated are when they're women, whom he obsessively follows details of even though he compulsively dislikes them. It's blatant and creepy

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Aesop Poprock posted:

the only times he feels the need to constantly poo poo on wrestlers/personalities he feels are bad or overrated are when they're women, whom he obsessively follows details of even though he compulsively dislikes them. It's blatant and creepy

It's actually when wrestlers or their legendary fathers are extremely high on Dave's sources list and it affects his integrity as literally the only wrestling journalist

Mob fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 6, 2016

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If rovert was as petty as some of you make him out to be I'd have to hear about what a dirty jerk Luke Sanders is 24/7 and I don't, so

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

After awhile you will realize the actual target is David Meltzer and it is all ok.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jubs posted:

Where's the Pisscast?

I've bought the rights to the pisscast

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ripisscast

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"it's about ethics in wrestling journalism" indeed

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave's Retweet game is a strong as ever
https://twitter.com/MMARoasted/status/728101789640200192

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mob posted:

It's actually when wrestlers or their legendary fathers are extremely high on Dave's sources list and it affects his integrity as literally the only wrestling journalist

Everyone is dave's source and its stupid to think he can't be impartial.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I just went back and listened to the pre-Payback WOL and :lol: that derail is amazing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Roll out the barrel Corbin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Given it was about an old lady misunderstanding wrestling names, Negro Butcher deserved to win

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

St Evan Echoes posted:

I just went back and listened to the pre-Payback WOL and :lol: that derail is amazing

It's the only Ryan from Cumberland call I've ever enjoyed

St Evan Echoes posted:

Given it was about an old lady misunderstanding wrestling names, Negro Butcher deserved to win

Legion of Dudes or no one :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Legion of Dudes!!!

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Granny is so great.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Spermgod posted:

Dave talking about that Alex Riley promo like those were his shoot opinions was weird

Yeah, that was odd. How many jobbers have cut promos like that through the years? Dave has probably seen thousands of them.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Adhdm Rose

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

81sidewinder posted:

Yeah, that was odd. How many jobbers have cut promos like that through the years? Dave has probably seen thousands of them.

Huge respect to A-Ri for living the gimmick.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rand McNally posted:

Granny is so great.
Granny segments have been 100x better since she got some proper equipment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Legion of Dudes!!!

One of them worries a lot!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

81sidewinder posted:

It's still dumb. You can talk poo poo about someone while still putting over that they have talent, so when they beat you, you're being beaten by one of the best. It's less egregious here because everyone knows how good Nakamura is, but that doesn't make it not stupid.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Calling Nakamura bad makes Riley look dumb and buries him when he loses. Everything about that promo was perfect.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
Newest episode of the NTPoS Podcast is up along with a couple of commercial parodies: https://ntpospodcast.com

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Gaz-L posted:

It's still dumb. You can talk poo poo about someone while still putting over that they have talent, so when they beat you, you're being beaten by one of the best. It's less egregious here because everyone knows how good Nakamura is, but that doesn't make it not stupid.

You're totally right, but that wasn't the argument that Dave was making.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh Him I Like Him Murdoch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I kinda feel sorry for this guy Paul who calls in to Observer to give Chikara reports. He's enthusiastic and genuine and obviously is really taken with the promotion, but unfortunately his delivery of his reports just seems to suck all the humor and fun out of it - this might be a bizarre analogy but it is like listening to an episode of M*A*S*H with the laugh track taken out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

this might be a bizarre analogy but it is like listening to an episode of M*A*S*H with the laugh track taken out.

The objectively correct method?

• Locked thread