Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Also there is no change that is more real and lasting than killing someone's sov, especially if it's something expensive like Deklein. Spaceships and titans can be bought back, but losing sov really hurts no matter who you are. And it's not always replaceable, at least immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

globby pls if sov was worth anything dont you think your overlords would have some

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Also there is no change that is more real and lasting than killing someone's sov, especially if it's something expensive like Deklein. Spaceships and titans can be bought back, but losing sov really hurts no matter who you are. And it's not always replaceable, at least immediately.

please no troll

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pfffttaaahahaha.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

CommonShore posted:

Now I'm checking everyone's post counts.

Postcount shame me ;-*

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

...especially if it's something expensive like Deklein

:getout:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you are aware that outposts can be upgraded right

you probably have half a trillion isk sunk into deklein's outposts atm

and any act that removed you from them would be nothing short of an extinction-level event, so yeah i am gonna chalk that up to a bigger loss than losing a titan in aridia or w/e

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where's the best place to get day-by-day reports on what's going on in the war/aftermath of the war? What is goonswarm doing now that it got rekt?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

and any act that removed you from them would be nothing short of an extinction-level event, so yeah i am gonna chalk that up to a bigger loss than losing a titan in aridia or w/e

lol that's some hefty hyperbole you have there.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Where's the best place to get day-by-day reports on what's going on in the war/aftermath of the war? What is goonswarm doing now that it got rekt?

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204685-the-great-hobo-war/

No-spin daily summary of the war.

you are aware that outposts can be upgraded right

you probably have half a trillion isk sunk into deklein's outposts atm

Half a trillion? B-R costed like 20-times that and it didn't kill PL or NC. or even N3. How would that be an extinction-level event?

Hubbl3 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 6, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204685-the-great-hobo-war/

No-spin daily summary of the war.

Half a trillion? B-R costed like 20-times that and it didn't kill PL or NC. or even N3. How would that be an extinction-level event?

it needs a color code update because some of the stuff in green is actually hostiles fighting other hostiles which while good to us, isn't actually a net positive.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

Globby can only count in jumpfreighter loads of isk. He literally has no clue how much "A lot of money" is to something like GSF.

Sure, a half a tril isn't pocket change, but it's not a "Welp just loving disband because we're broke" amount either. We've got individual members that could bankroll more infrastructure than that. I seem to remember aryth breaking a trillion like 4 years ago. God knows what he's at now.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

You don't have to hold back, Kim. Tell us how you really feel.

no shut the gently caress up kimsemeus is right as gently caress and everything he said, if you tone it down maybe just maybe 12-17% im totally in agreeance. Idk the specific drama but after 2 drink beer chats about it and god knows how many gay OOG chats kim is cool and very very right in how he paints dbrb here

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
boat is a piece of human garbage and im glad yall are finally realizing it

#freekimsemus

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dbrb is like the cargo cult version of a goon, in every way possible

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
I guess you could say I am..

Baka

https://zkillboard.com/character/96373109/

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Shade2142 posted:

Boat joined SA to post in FYAD.

That may be more goon than any of you.

I remember an actual FYAD poster applied to GSF once. He had a postcount of something like negative ten thousand and kept getting denied by the automatic auth thingy until he posted in the eve thread asking why.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

That guy is really good at what he's doing :eyepop:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

x

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Hubbl3 posted:

That guy is really good at what he's doing :eyepop:

Yep, he is good at Eve. Unfortunately, he's also good at getting himself repeatedly banned. I give him a month, tops, before he starts cracking racist jokes in local and gets a permanent vacation again. :)

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

ullerrm posted:

Yep, he is good at Eve. Unfortunately, he's also good at getting himself repeatedly banned. I give him a month, tops, before he starts cracking racist jokes in local and gets a permanent vacation again. :)

I hope he lasts longer. A huge bonus is that he is now murdering our enemies.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Kimsemus was pretty great in the RUST Goons group. Our ghetto town in the rocks was a thing of beauty :smith:

ghetto goon town was amazing. The raiding murder parties of death were fun too.

Landsknecht posted:

this game is way better when you don't take it too seriously

Is though? Is it really??

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Evilweasel has been making some low-to- no-hurf, real talk, good posts. Can we make him CEO?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Man this thread is :munch::hf::cripes: lately

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Make me CEO and I pledge to continue the legacy of the greatest goon CEO, Nate Hammertown

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Well, it's not a terrible one. Not a smoking gun, but still.

I mean, for someone that went on and on (and on) about J4Gs, Pubbies and ~TrueGoon~ bullshit- it seemed fitting.

:shrug:

You can only fat shame someone so much, Kim didn't leave a lot unsaid.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 6, 2016

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Evil weasel was the best food derail DnD mod so he would have my vote if I had a vote to give

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Man this thread is :munch::hf::cripes: lately

Not sure what is going on here are we infiltrated by reddit or what?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Re: Staying in the org

Sometimes you can only do so much. I tried to help and do what I could but it wasn't enough. Eventually you're just sitting in a Corp that is dead-ish and a good chunk of your space friends have left or are afk. You can only ping so many times hoping someone wants to roam with you with no takers before you head off somewhere else.

I tried talking to several people a few times before I left, they are good dudes but sometimes it just won't work out.

I left gsf proper and played with other people [kind of, theres a bunch of HV dudes here] for the first time since starting this game because it felt like there was a leadership disconnect and I didn't want to play empire builder anymore.

Also trying to sort stuff out on gf dot com is super hit or miss. A lot of the time any dissent just becomes a forum competition of who can poo poo on the "whiner" the hardest.

The evil weasel straight talk was pretty good, it's what has been missing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Vando posted:

Make me CEO and I pledge to continue the legacy of the greatest goon CEO, Nate HAMMERTOWN

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Why not just join DJ's corp if you're gonna quit or complain but don't want to abandon your goonbros?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

-Troika- posted:

dbrb is like the cargo cult version of a goon, in every way possible

To cargo cult goons say "cargo cult" a lot and throw in some "Dunning-Kruger"s to taste.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

dragonstalking posted:

Why not just join groon if you're gonna quit or complain but don't want to abandon your goonbros?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I can confirm that I am really having a blast with this game. In fact I am having more fun with EVE than many recent games I have played. I am excited to log on all of the time! :D

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
poo poo, I guess I forgot to turn off my subscription. WELP, I guess this is a sign to log in. I hate myself.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The gently caress has this thread turned into..

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

VideoGames posted:

I can confirm that I am really having a blast with this game. In fact I am having more fun with EVE than many recent games I have played. I am excited to log on all of the time! :D

The public channel reminds me of Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie. Whenever VG is not on screen, someone comes into our channel and is like, "where's VG?" Happened three times last night.

You are a goon hero.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Richard Bong posted:

Re: Staying in the org

Sometimes you can only do so much. I tried to help and do what I could but it wasn't enough. Eventually you're just sitting in a Corp that is dead-ish and a good chunk of your space friends have left or are afk. You can only ping so many times hoping someone wants to roam with you with no takers before you head off somewhere else.

I tried talking to several people a few times before I left, they are good dudes but sometimes it just won't work out.

I left gsf proper and played with other people [kind of, theres a bunch of HV dudes here] for the first time since starting this game because it felt like there was a leadership disconnect and I didn't want to play empire builder anymore.

Small corps are the bread and butter of Eve. Once you go past 300-500 people in your organization it starts to be less engaging. Actually knowing and talking to everyone in your space guild makes it a stronger group. These large scale groups are just full of background people you never engage with.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

YouTuber posted:

Small corps are the bread and butter of Eve. Once you go past 300-500 people in your organization it starts to be less engaging. Actually knowing and talking to everyone in your space guild makes it a stronger group. These large scale groups are just full of background people you never engage with.

The hard part is finding a small corp that plays around the same time and frequency as you; it sucks when you're really feeling the game but your corpmates are casuals and only log in a couple of times per week. I always liked the closer intimacy that comes with a smaller corp but the convenience of round-the-clock pings and such that come with larger groups is nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Only my way of playing the game is valid. Any other way, especially the way the group I don't like is invalid

This was a much shorter way of saying it.

• Locked thread