Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I liked this episode a lot and maybe it's because they did stuff and moved the plot.
Last couple of episodes have been pretty good. Laurel being killed notwithstanding, the episode after it was a good character episode where everyone gave it their all. And this episode had a bunch of good action and set up the very end of the season.

Compare it to Flash, oy vey.

I mean Arrow has been up and down this year as well but they've been more on the up recently at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Did anyone else notice that when Oliver was having his dream vision, Slade is the person who appears right as the narration says "people you've killed."

But....he didn't kill Slade! Slade is sitting in a cell in prison.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I got an Under the Dome flash from the end of the episode.

Why couldn't they simulate night in the dome? They would most definitely need to do that anyway. They've already done the hard part of having a giant projected screen.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

xerxus posted:

I got an Under the Dome flash from the end of the episode.

Not enough bisected cow carcasses on the perimeter.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The Thea subplot would have been way more interesting if everything happening was actually on the level and she was just freaking out over nothing because she's a vigilante used to crazy poo poo constantly happening and can't handle a quiet normal week in the suburbs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So what is the HIVE master plan anyways?

Hide in your underground suburb
Nuke everything
Rebuild civilization after a century or two because of radiation on the surface
:confuoot:

edit: I guess they have the nazi gas chambers too so gas and nuke the planet?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 5, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So what is the HIVE master plan anyways?

Hide in your underground suburb
Nuke everything
Rebuild civilization after a century or two because of radiation on the surface
:confuoot:

Absorbing the life force of the entire planet and becoming a god probably doesn't hurt.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Before this episode aired, I was thinking of making a post about how we knew little to nothing about Darkh/HIVE's plot beyond some underground corn, especially this late in the season, so I'm glad they at least dealt with a bit of that. Though, the motivations are still pretty unclear besides it seeming like the whole League Of Assassins "we must raze cities once in a while" thing. Whatever I guess. It's not very compelling.

Not sure why they made the person Ollie gets magical help from no one from the DC universe at all apparently.

Also, lol at knowing you're targets for Darkh/HIVE, and also knowing this Rubicon thing is a target, but you put the thing they want inside you anyway, instead of in a completely different place. Not as bad as Team Arrow putting the idol back together and leaving it out in the open in their, apparently, easily penetrated base of operations, but still pretty bad. But that's Arrow for ya.

Someone said something about it always being light in the dome, I mean this is Arrow, but I guess if their sunlight imitating lights aren't that powerful, then they conceivably leave them on 24 hours a day so all the plants/corn/trees/whatever don't die, but whatever. Sure is gonna gently caress with their circadian rhythms!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ollie defeated Darhk with the power of love. :love:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Huh, well this was actually an interesting show. Stuff actually happened! A few things, though:

1. gently caress off, Felicity. You broke up with Ollie, quit inserting yourself into everything he tries to do.

2. Ollie proved tonight that Darkh's magic doesn't do poo poo if he can't see it coming. Seems like a pretty good opportunity for Diggle to break out a sniper rifle.

3. Thank god Andy is dead. I was really tired of that plot.

4. Lady Fortuna was wearing the hell out of that black dress.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Caper posted:

Someone named something something Fortuna.

Yay for no flashbacks. Question: Isn't the totem one gets their magic from supposed to be close by in order to use magic? How was Ollie able to pull that off? Probably just thinking too hard...

Well there's also one in Star City (per wasshername). But then that raises the question of why Darkh needed HIS and couldn't just use the one in the Star City nexus.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
How in the hell do you decide to do "magical woman in a DC show" and NOT do Zatanna? Zatanna was part of Justice League Dark with Constantine early on. Hell, even Zatara would have been fine.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Mortanis posted:

How in the hell do you decide to do "magical woman in a DC show" and NOT do Zatanna? Zatanna was part of Justice League Dark with Constantine early on. Hell, even Zatara would have been fine.

When they first introduced her, I thought they said Bib Fortuna, and I was very confused because that's the name of Jabba the Hutt's servant guy in Return of the Jedi.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Meh...I was the only one hoping for The Creeper.

Felicity had some great lines tonight AND there was a callback to her tenancy towards vehicular homicide. Well played.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

bbf2 posted:

Did anyone else notice that when Oliver was having his dream vision, Slade is the person who appears right as the narration says "people you've killed."

But....he didn't kill Slade! Slade is sitting in a cell in prison.

Didn't he escape the prison?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

He got tossed back in there and promptly forgotten about.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well that Thea reveal at the end of the episode was the first time in a long time I was surprised by this show. I figured it was some sort of magic mind manipulation not Pleasantville Nuke Shelter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: I guess they have the nazi gas chambers too so gas and nuke the planet?

They don't have gas chambers any more. That was for testing the lake mold they had modified to produce breathable air for Genesys, and the time Darhk tried to gas the good guys was the time they finally got on the right track not to instantly kill folks, which is why the good guys aren't dead.

Is everyone just too focused on Neal McDonaugh's pretty face to pay attention to what he says in this show?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Mortanis posted:

Probably a DC film or TV division embargo or something.

I know there were plans for a Justice League Dark project at some point with Guillermo Del Toro attached, but that was a while ago.

Bruceski posted:

Is everyone just too focused on Neal McDonaugh's pretty face to pay attention to what he says in this show?

I want to know why he's credited as "Special Appearance By" every episode he's in.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A good agent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Solid episode made into a pretty good episode by Diggle jumping a dirt bike with a baby strapped to his back.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Solid episode made into a pretty good episode by Diggle jumping a dirt bike with a baby strapped to his back.

In the back of my mind I kept thinking that was a terrible way to keep his daughter safe.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Longbaugh01 posted:

I want to know why he's credited as "Special Appearance By" every episode he's in.

As I recall, anything like "And featuring 'x' as 'y'" and "Special Appearance" are important spots in credits as they specifically call someone out and are coveted for that reason. Usually it's a bigger deal than getting lumped in with the rest of the pleb actors.

Supposedly, anyway.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mortanis posted:

As I recall, anything like "And featuring 'x' as 'y'" and "Special Appearance" are important spots in credits as they specifically call someone out and are coveted for that reason. Usually it's a bigger deal than getting lumped in with the rest of the pleb actors.

Supposedly, anyway.

Not only is that true but there's intricate and often complex rules for many parts of the onscreen accreditation process, like what constitutes a script vs. a screenplay, whether you get an "and" or a "&" in a group credit, and just how much overbearing micromanagement of the production you've done (measured in Calif. standard Nortons per hour) before you can muscle your way onto the Producer line.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Colton Haynes just came out as gay in...okay, barely-related news.

It was kind of the worst kept secret if you're familiar at all with his personal life like a creepy person but, still, good on him.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

BrianWilly posted:

It was kind of the worst kept secret if you're familiar at all with his personal life like a creepy person but, still, good on him.

Did he flip or has he always been?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

Did he flip or has he always been?

He caught it from Barrowman

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

I think the only person who didn't know was him

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It's been 20 episodes. It's about time the H.I.V.E. Five showed up. :colbert:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Did he come out as gay, or bi? Hasn't he been dating EBR for the past couple of years?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xelkelvos posted:

Thea being unknowingly gaslit was super creepy. That being said, that's a massive cavern the dome is housed in and must take a fuckton of power. The fact that no one knows is a bit odd, if easily handwavable.
I loved how the screens at the edge looked convincing until Thea realised they were screens and then it was super obvious.

Longbaugh01 posted:

In the back of my mind I kept thinking that was a terrible way to keep his daughter safe.
The bit where he asks if she's strapped in securely was great, because it was at that point that I realised they'd just been driving around with this baby not strapped into anything at all or even any way to do so. What were they thinking?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's okay, she was strapped to his back. You know, the part of him that was facing the bullet fire.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Klungar posted:

Did he come out as gay, or bi? Hasn't he been dating EBR for the past couple of years?

he came out as twink flip sundae

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's okay, she was strapped to his back. You know, the part of him that was facing the bullet fire.

Then again Cable strapped a baby to his front, the part that was also facing enemy fire. There's no good side of yourself to strap a baby to in active combat.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The baby is just there to distract you from the impossibility of a motorbike having that much acceleration and get that big a leap from the rear of a semi truck with 1/4 of it divided into an entrance doorway.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

The baby is just there to distract you from the impossibility of a motorbike having that much acceleration and get that big a leap from the rear of a semi truck with 1/4 of it divided into an entrance doorway.

this was funny as hell

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Dead Snoopy posted:

That bike does not obey the laws of physics AT ALL.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hermetic posted:

That bike does not obey the laws of physics AT ALL.

Speed force.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Phylodox posted:

Speed force.

Vibranium engine block. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Phylodox posted: