Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 is not on the vita though so it does not belong in my vita thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gonna remote play Persona 5 on my vita and talk about it here.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all ps4 games are on the vita with the magic of remote play

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I kind of made the assumption (based on P4G's being the quintessential "required Vita game") that P5 would make it to the Vita, too. :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm going to talk about persona 5 and you can't loving stop me

my favorite girl so far is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The cat is already a better mascot than teddie

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

i'm going to talk about persona 5 and you can't loving stop me

my favorite girl so far is

the biker

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

The cat is already a better mascot than teddie

Sure, but Teddie is literally the lowest bar you could have picked. :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

tentatively it's the boring one who reminds me of a cross between mitsuru and yukiko

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've scraped things off my shoe that are a better character than Teddie

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I guess you could say Teddie is unBEARable.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Davincie posted:

the biker

:yeah:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

If the mascot doesn't say purrsona at some point I'm gonna flip a poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Erg posted:

If the mascot doesn't say purrsona at some point I'm gonna flip a poo poo

Excuse me but don't you know that in the Japanese version they instead said personya, which is far more accurate to the literal Japanese and your attempt to use Purrsona is ruining the game by localizing it. :colbert:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MisterAlex posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I kind of made the assumption (based on P4G's being the quintessential "required Vita game") that P5 would make it to the Vita, too. :(

The Vita is basically PS2-level power, a bit more in some respects and a bit less in others (the PS2 was weird). Pretty drat decent for a handheld of its time, but probably not up to the task of a game designed to late PS3/good enough PS4 capabilities.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What they should instead do is get Persona 3 Golden on the Vita instead of the P3P which is hamstrung by the PSP. You can't even walk around town in that game!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It's not that the vita couldn't handle yet another turn-based rpg with minimalistic environments. It's more that having someone scale down the resolution of the textures, the poly counts of the models and remove 90% of the bloom shaders will cost more than the pay-off they expect from them. Also some manager will scream and cry about what damage screenshots from that will do to the brand image.

There's nothing in the gameplay trailer that hasn't been seen on the vita yet, just merely in lower graphical fidelity. (Which is also why 75% of it is cutscene videos.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqSkzNNPIg

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The Vita is basically PS2-level power, a bit more in some respects and a bit less in others (the PS2 was weird). Pretty drat decent for a handheld of its time, but probably not up to the task of a game designed to late PS3/good enough PS4 capabilities.

The Skullgirls devs mentioned on Neogaf that a lot of the tricks they used to make Skullgirls run well on PS3 wouldn't work on the Vita. Half the available memory, unable to work with compressed files, and sacraficing brightness or wifi to increase CPU speed. I could only imagine what a full fledged version of Persona 5 would require.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Dehry posted:

The Skullgirls devs mentioned on Neogaf that a lot of the tricks they used to make Skullgirls run well on PS3 wouldn't work on the Vita. Half the available memory, unable to work with compressed files, and sacraficing brightness or wifi to increase CPU speed. I could only imagine what a full fledged version of Persona 5 would require.
Skullgirls is a special case because it needs absolutely consistent 60 FPS, and extremely low input lag while also needing lots of fillrate for the screen-filling transparent sprites, gigantic textures for the full-res sprites with all their animation frames, AND a 3d world to render those sprites in (which, of course, they dropped on the vita). Most of the performance problems they run into don't even apply to 3d games like persona 5, least of all to something that's mostly menu-based fighting.

If the Persona 5 devs were willing to sacrifice things to make them look like, e.g. gravity rush, it would run just fine.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
so i bought the senran kagura cooking game during the sale because $7

i am very confused

i picked the blond, why is she so obsessed with boobs

a man ate some cuttlefish, went to space on a squid

i do well so it shows girls naked covered in ice cream looking upset

why wont this game show nips

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

John Romero posted:

why wont this game show nips

don't be gross, dude. kids play the vita.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

John Romero posted:

i picked the blond, why is she so obsessed with boobs

Because she gay as a rainbow

quote:

a man ate some cuttlefish, went to space on a squid

You haven't see anything yet

You really should pick up Versus' DLC characters, they are compatible with Bon Appetit and they add the best (and hardest) songs in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaf6KNoAD_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ImuFmg5Dk

Although keep in mind just Daidouji (the delinquent-looking girl) is available on the base form of the game, the other one, Rin (the purple haired lady) is only available if you buy the DLC of Bon Appetit.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because she gay as a rainbow

God said to Noah, “You see, I have set my rainbow in the sky. This will be the sign of the covenant I have made with you and all creatures, never again to destroy the earth by a flood. It will always remind us of the promise between you and me.”

please do not defile god's word with your blasphemy

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

"...never again to destroy the earth by a flood..."
He will destroy it with anime tiddies.

Speaking of which.

https://twitter.com/marvelous_games/status/728517915490848768
Boobie ninja themes coming for your Vita. Enjoy.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 6, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Takoluka posted:

God said to Noah, “You see, I have set my rainbow in the sky. This will be the sign of the covenant I have made with you and all creatures, never again to destroy the earth by a flood. It will always remind us of the promise between you and me.”

please do not defile god's word with your blasphemy

Are you saying that there's a problem if the rainbow is gay?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

it's hosed how half the characters do not seem to enjoy what's happening to them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There are good Vita games, turn back before it's too late

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

John Romero posted:

it's hosed how half the characters do not seem to enjoy what's happening to them
Ryona confirmed John's favorite Senran.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

There are good Vita games, turn back before it's too late

ive had one since launch, through reckless spending on sales and ps+ i think i have half the catalog.

im not familiar with these characters, is asuka obsessed with big dicks or something

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

John Romero posted:

im not familiar with these characters, is asuka obsessed with big dicks or something

Yes.

If anyone tells you "No, she just loves long, hard, thick pieces of futomaki sushi!", they're trying their hardest to convince you that Senran Kagura is an innocent game with double entendres, instead of a 12-year old's fantasy with girls who really want to get ninpo magic on their faces.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Excuse me but don't you know that in the Japanese version they instead said personya, which is far more accurate to the literal Japanese and your attempt to use Purrsona is ruining the game by localizing it. :colbert:

Lol

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So like, where do you even get those 10 inch futomakis, I've never seen them served like that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HGH posted:

So like, where do you even get those 10 inch futomakis, I've never seen them served like that.

*Points down*

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Are you saying that there's a problem if the rainbow is gay?

I'm saying the last time a rainbow was involved with Senran Kagura, it rendered people's copies inoperable.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Takoluka posted:

I'm saying the last time a rainbow was involved with Senran Kagura, it rendered people's copies inoperable.

Wow, what a homophobic game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

HGH posted:

When you get them too big, they can split the corners of your mouth when you try to force it in. Just ask Yumi as she has a very long discussion about said subject with Asuka in their Dual Shinobi Heart mission.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RanKizama posted:

When you get them too big, they can split the corners of your mouth when you try to force it in. Just ask Yumi as she has a very long discussion about said subject with Asuka in their Dual Shinobi Heart mission.

It's best to start on smaller ones.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's best to start on smaller ones.
We're not about to have this conversation.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RanKizama posted:

We're not about to have this conversation.

I'm just talking about food though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm just talking about food though?
Same.

^ From the SK anime.