Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're going to shoot ALIE down with that rocket, aren't they?

ALIE has been fabulous, btw. That shot of her in space was loving marvelous.

What rocket? Does Mt Wx still have a functional ICBM?

Also I'd totally forgot there was a piece of The Ark still in orbit--but of course that was where Jaha was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

Also I'd totally forgot there was a piece of The Ark still in orbit--but of course that was where Jaha was.

That piece of the Ark also has more nukes on it :getin:

or did Jaha ride the last one down? I can't remember.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Monty is hardcore as gently caress.

He not only killed his mom, he later gets her loving deleted from existence. Like... drat.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Huh, it's not that I didn't think the show had to balls to basically tease Luna taking then chip and then not doing it (either by dying or refusing it so well as to avoid taking it). It's just that now I'm curious exactly where the show is gonna go with that point now, aren't there only like 2 episodes left, because it hasn't really put itself in any real direction coming out of it.

Luna was a BAMF though, she just tore through everyone like it was no one's business. Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia did not need saving to save her, that's for sure.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I appreciate that Raven can see CoL in the code, and also ALIE is a woman in a red dress.

For real you guys Erica Cerra has been loving killing it.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

This episode was amazing! :supaburn: ALIE was nearly defeated THREE times and she managed to get away twice in a row at the very last second thanks to people hesitating because she had control over people they loved.

I'm assuming someone is going to figure out how to accept the Flame and then they'll take the key as a way to get "inside" and defeat ALIE. Either they're going to find a little kid somewhere or Raven is going to reverse engineer the black blood stuff.

Poor Monty. :( They were so close!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Astroman posted:

Mt Wx doesn't have a functional anything anymore.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
"We gave her a choice, she said no."

Jesus Christ.

I'm really glad the Luna storyline ended like it did though because her taking the AI and having an AI vs AI battle would literally have been too much deus ex machina. Also it shows she's actually sticking to her principals of how there's always another way or something. I mean if you think about it the whole show has been about people doing horrible things to survive and Luna's different in the sense that she not only thinks there's a different way but also believes it by saying gently caress off to the AI and sticking to it.

By the way I noticed when Luna was grieving over the guy she murdered that Alie was still there. The only other people in that room were Jasper and the little girl. I don't think Jasper was chipped but I could see the little girl being chipped and just told to act scared. Which means other people on board would be chipped as well.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ALIE was shown only while Luna's boyfriend/husband/partner had his eyes open. I was paranoid too, but ALIE wasn't shown in the room after he breathed his last and closed his eyes. :tinfoil:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Part of me is expecting Clarke to take the AI as some sort of last resort and then lead everyone to a massacre of the city of light

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Boris Galerkin posted:

By the way I noticed when Luna was grieving over the guy she murdered that Alie was still there. The only other people in that room were Jasper and the little girl. I don't think Jasper was chipped but I could see the little girl being chipped and just told to act scared. Which means other people on board would be chipped as well.

That's right, but also maybe not right.

First of all, Luna's husband or whomever he is was still moving around when Clarke et al. burst into the room, so there were others there, but that is by no means a suggestion that anyone locked in the shipping container was chipped. As for the girl being chipped, maybe. Just as the guy is breathing his last we see the camera panning away from ALIE while she is in the background and decidedly not in focus.

Chipped or not, ALIE knows where they are so we may well not yet be done with them.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I just realized that when Clarke finally destroys the CoL she will have upped her genocide game to include people that are already dead.

Not even death can keep you from Ghengis Clarke.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Clarke, destroyer of people and their afterlives! :black101:

I am surprised that the Luna storyline ended the way it did as with the 2-part finale approaching I really have no idea where they're going or how they're gonna go about it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
ALIE knows Emerson is dead, so I take it that was a hint that one of the people in the decon room is chipped?

Or did ALIE somehow find out, because Clarke chipped him with 2.0?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I expect the Luna thing is partially set-up for next season -- the previous three seasons started their set-up around now, after all.

Unless ALLIE is still going to be a thing next season, which seems unlikely.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

That set-up does make me a little worried though. As badass as Luna is, it would seem S4 will deal with what, the political fallout from the rumble in the City of Light? Doesn't sound particularly exciting; let's hope the writers take this seasons criticism on board.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ufarn posted:

ALIE knows Emerson is dead, so I take it that was a hint that one of the people in the decon room is chipped?

Or did ALIE somehow find out, because Clarke chipped him with 2.0?

ALIE knew Sinclair was dead.

I...I'm not sure how she knew that.

Edit: Bellamy assumed a drone followed them from Arkadia so perhaps she saw the funeral

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, that's an interesting point. Maybe it's cynical to think so but if one of the main characters is secretly chipped and masking it, I would bet anything on Bellamy. Would give the writers a nice little out for all the mistakes they made with him this year.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Clarke did a terrible job trying to put the chip in Luna. All she had to do was give Luna a 'friendly' pat on the top of the shoulder while secretly holding the chip and then utter the special words and bam, Luna is chipped.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Clarke did a terrible job trying to put the chip in Luna. All she had to do was give Luna a 'friendly' pat on the top of the shoulder while secretly holding the chip and then utter the special words and bam, Luna is chipped.

Clarke is terrible at everything but killing people. :black101:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I know this show has a lot of violence but I was genuinely surprised they waterboarded Luna.

Great episode overall.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Did anyone else think that this episode was leading to "ALIE is on the oil rig, our only choice is to sink it, killing everyone"? I suppose it could still happen. Otherwise I'm not sure how they'll fit a genocide into the finale, as is tradition.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The City of Light is ripe for the taking. :getin:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oh right, duh.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just here to reiterate how awesome it is that we have a show where "teenage girl protagonist slaughters hundreds" is a beloved finale tradition. :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Spergatory posted:

Just here to reiterate how awesome it is that we have a show where "teenage girl protagonist slaughters hundreds" is a beloved finale tradition. :allears:

Not only that, but she's bi. Which is dope af.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

esperterra posted:

Not only that, but she's bi. Which is dope af.

non-discriminatory killing and sexing

i like it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The way of the future imho

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Good episode. I feel like this season has had a lot of good episodes that don't necessarily tie into each other as well as I'd like. The main story is pretty decent, but on a smaller story arc basis it seems like they haven't been as smooth as they could be.

Take this episode where Raven/Monty and Murphy/Pike/Indra almost did stuff that would have stopped ALIE but didn't manage it. I think they missed a clear point where they could have could have done something that wouldn't kill ALIE outright, but would maybe temporarily disable the zombie people or something until the Migration was complete, thus allowing oil rig crew to fight them off. I mean, obviously it doesn't have to fit together so cleanly, but I do think this show sometimes falls into a habit of jangling keys in the audience's face and ripping them away. That old "A bad thing was almost avoided, but it wasn't and it meant nothing. We only put it in here to up the tension"

Anyway, this show is still doing a good job of spurring weird emotional reactions to events. As an example I was very happy when Monty killed his mom a second time.

ALIE has gotten really grotesquely brutal lately. The crucifixes, the waterboarding, it's a little hosed up.

Luna owns, best character in a while. I love all the ideology characters this show is flinging around.

Speaking of, it's nice to see Pike continue to develop, I like the angle of "oh yeah he's horrible but at least he's human" that appears to be going on. Still really wish they bothered to develop his character with the flashbacks and everything earlier in the season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ALIE has gotten really grotesquely brutal lately. The crucifixes, the waterboarding, it's a little hosed up.

She learned so much from Jaha :(

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
What would have been so hard about being straight with Luna?

Instead of treating her like a primitive and trying to shove "The Flame" down her throat talking about traditions, have a frank 30 minute conversation with an adult about ALIE even if she didn't believe you, after she has to stab her husband/boyfriend in the heart and experiences the chipping thing first hand she is likely to believe you.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There's an evil spirit possessing people, and it wants to possess and enslave every human in the world. Only the spirit of the Commander can stop it and save humanity.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The current fan theory is that Jasper took the chip during the torture sequence. Evidence for it is a coupe of weird reaction he has at the end of the episode, a shot where you might be able to see ALIE in the background just after Derrick dies and ALIE knowing Sinclair is dead, a memory she'd have access to if she chipped Jasper.

Seems fairly likely, hence the spoiler.

Lycus posted:

There's an evil spirit possessing people, and it wants to possess and enslave every human in the world. Only the spirit of the Commander can stop it and save humanity.

From what I understand this basically happens, but Luna doesn't really buy the reasoning that she has to become the Commander to stop her people from getting chipped.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I kinda get the feeling that Luna would actually have taken the flame if Clarke didn't try to force it on her early on. At this point, she's basically caught between two factions trying to force their agendas on her and she's not loving taking it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The current fan theory is that Jasper took the chip during the torture sequence. Evidence for it is a coupe of weird reaction he has at the end of the episode, a shot where you might be able to see ALIE in the background just after Derrick dies and ALIE knowing Sinclair is dead, a memory she'd have access to if she chipped Jasper.

The obvious question is "why?" Jasper has always had a very strong gently caress You streak and Alie had zero emotional leverage on him. Though we do know from finale shots that Jasper winds up in the City of Light, I just figured it was something he'd do as part of a plan, to give Monty and Raven an access point or something. They did just introduce the fact that Monty and Raven have one chip left, so theoretically if they strap Jasper to a table, plug some wires into him, and chip him, they might be able to work some magic.

Though I suppose that's just what I hope happens, because having Jasper just give up and take the chip would run extremely counter to his character and undercut his entire arc. It would also make him irredeemable in the eyes of the audience, since he'd be the only "good guy" who took the chip knowing full well what it did, without doing it to save anyone. Plus, hasn't Monty lost enough? :smith:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Where are these leaked screenshots? I haven't seen them.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ugh god I don't like that theory but a lot of the last episode did nod towards there being a chipped spy in Clarke's camp. It would also raise the dramatic stakes more than "a drone was watching everything."

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Spergatory posted:

Though I suppose that's just what I hope happens, because having Jasper just give up and take the chip would run extremely counter to his character and undercut his entire arc. It would also make him irredeemable in the eyes of the audience, since he'd be the only "good guy" who took the chip knowing full well what it did, without doing it to save anyone. Plus, hasn't Monty lost enough? :smith:
What, are you implying that The 100 is a show that might even think of undercutting or undermining character development for the sake of plot?

Well I never.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Sober posted:

What, are you implying that The 100 is a show that might even think of undercutting or undermining character development for the sake of plot?

Well I never.

Yeah, but it usually doesn't happen to my characters, so it's fine. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Yeah, I fully agree. It'd absolutely be another note of this show undercutting it's own work in the symphony of near misses this season has all three seasons have already produced. It really drives me up the wall how how many times something compelling is put together only to be sort of sloughed off without fanfare.

• Locked thread