Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Am I the only one who restarts my games on the reg? I'm restarting in both Y and AS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Sociopastry posted:

Am I the only one who restarts my games on the reg? I'm restarting in both Y and AS.

I've been heavily considering Re-starting X, because I kinda rushed through it the first time. I guess I can just throw everything into the bank and sort out duplicates from ORAS later, but that sounds more tedious than waiting until I've finished the living dex by just cherry picking what I need from X in small batches

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sociopastry posted:

Nope. I've got a nasty habit of doing so, but I want to make sure I go all the way with both X and OR this time.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Please let us put funny novelty shirts on our Pokémon

Actually we just removed that feature from the dart board used for deciding which features to implement.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please take "the removal of steel, dark, and fairy types" off of the dart board

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ruggington posted:

please take "the removal of steel, dark, and fairy types" off of the dart board

Done, and replaced with "Buff steel and dark types"

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Due to a miscommunication, that option results in a steel/dark type who can bench press a snorlax

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Eox posted:

Due to a miscommunication, that option results in a steel/dark type who can bench press a snorlax

I'm glad bisharp is going to be in the game again

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
rather than adding a mega, bisharp now evolves into Swolvalrus. it is a gorilla in full plate.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Eox posted:

rather than adding a mega, bisharp now evolves into Swolvalrus. it is a gorilla in full plate.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Bisharp evolves into Kingot, which has drastically lower stats and causes you to lose if it gets KO'd. Also the evolution is mandatory and can't be stopped.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think a cool idea for the King would be that it auto dies when hit by a Contact move. It'd need lots of tricks to stay alive, though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Auto-KOs if you tag in on it, but gets one-shot if you stay there.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Please no buffs, indirect or otherwise, to close combat

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I hope pokemon sun and moon will let you customize your trainer. It's seriously my favorite part of Y.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Anyone want to trade a Darkrai code for a Mew code? I can go to GameStop but :effort:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Cuckoo posted:

Anyone want to trade a Darkrai code for a Mew code? I can go to GameStop but :effort:

I'll see if I can get an extra tomorrow

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

majormonotone posted:

I'll see if I can get an extra tomorrow

Awesome, thanks.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
Any chance of anybody grabbing me a Darkrai code? The only GameStop remotely near me is 450 km away and forest fires keep closing the highway (I was planning a day trip to the city anyway). I hate living in a nowhere town

It's the last Pokemon I need for my living pokedex

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
I have a spare! If you wanna post an email (no PMs, sorry, boo) I'll make sure you get it!

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

A Pretentious Owl posted:

I have a spare! If you wanna post an email (no PMs, sorry, boo) I'll make sure you get it!

Thanks! It's vdtrdrummer @ hotmail.com

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/728460145554923520

Announcement of an announcement. 8am Eastern Tuesday. They're trying to come out ahead of someone's camera phone pictures.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Going by the last couple of announcements, we should expect "new information" to be slightly less blurry pictures of the covers or maybe they'll confirm Mageara is Fairy/Steel and not Steel/Fairy.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nah, this is probably gonna be the Sun & Moon version of this trailer for X & Y:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfclgYT7h-A

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it'd be a bold move to introduce yvetal and xerneas again for the sun and moon announcement trailer but heck, i respect that

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Sociopastry posted:

I hope pokemon sun and moon will let you customize your trainer. It's seriously my favorite part of Y.

And let you finally remove your hat.

It was definitely my favorite part of X/Y too. I do want more hair options. The clothing had some good variety...obviously more is good and with a new gen title I'd expect that too. But I want to be able to dye my hair crazy colors too. They should give you a color gradient to play with to really make it custom. And the ability to do two colors, for streaks or highlights of the sort. Maybe that's asking for too much, GameFreak?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 25, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Anyone have a spare Darkrai code they can PM me?

I'm going to be hitting up the two nearest gamestops while I'm on the road this afternoon but I have almost zero confidence they still have cards 5 days later.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LemonLimeTime posted:

And let you finally remove your hat.

It was definitely my favorite part of X/Y too. I do want more hair options. The clothing had some good variety...obviously more is good and with a new gen title I'd expect that too. But I want to be able to dye my hair crazy colors too. They should give you a color gradient to play with to really make it custom. And the ability to do two colors maybe, for streaks or highlights of the sort. Maybe that's asking for too much, GameFreak?

Character customization coming back alone is already asking for too much. You all know how much GameFreak hates reusing good ideas.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Also pokemon protagonists wear hats, it's a rule. just hope for more hat variety.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
In gen VII they should introduce a hat that is a Pokémon. Like Ezlo from Minish Cap.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blaze Dragon posted:

Character customization coming back alone is already asking for too much. You all know how much GameFreak hates reusing good ideas.

And yet Heartscales are still a thing.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Really we're just lucky they haven't walked back on reusable TMs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't think they're going to back down on the hat thing. What I hope for is the option to put sunglasses on your face instead of on your hat's face.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

What did hats ever do to you guys?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
I'm having tf2 flashbacks, gently caress hats forever

E: could I get feedback on this team for Johto Classic?

http://pastebin.com/Ptf9rr8F

showdown name is itschibs, for replays

I'm completely ok with dropping ninetales and/or venusaur at this point

Chibs fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 6, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chibs posted:

I'm having tf2 flashbacks, gently caress hats forever

Hats are the only reason I bother playing games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So bisharp is a big jerk in ou. swordsdance and sucker punch murder me. How do I deal with him? Right now if he doesn't swap into my char y so I can kill him before he sets up I'm dead

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Eagle posted:

So bisharp is a big jerk in ou. swordsdance and sucker punch murder me. How do I deal with him? Right now if he doesn't swap into my char y so I can kill him before he sets up I'm dead

Mach Punch outprioritizes Sucker Punch if your mon is faster and will likely gently caress him up. Honestly he can't do poo poo to Conkeldurr unless he's running Psycho Cut which I assume most arent, maybe try that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Mach Punch outprioritizes Sucker Punch if your mon is faster and will likely gently caress him up. Honestly he can't do poo poo to Conkeldurr unless he's running Psycho Cut which I assume most arent, maybe try that.

Thanks, I will slot mach punch on to one of my pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Throwing my email out for a darkrai code (please?)

Ineffiable@gmail.com

• Locked thread