Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Disney blind bags completely sold out in my area. Went on sale on Friday, I got the very last one today. Some stores say they don't plan to stock them at all for some reason. I am gonna get loving scalped on eBay aren't I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
Do bricklink instead of ebay and you'll probably be alright. Especially if you get them early.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Want that particle accelerator. Want that Johnny 5.
Wanna be a huge nerd.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Machaon posted:

Do bricklink instead of ebay and you'll probably be alright. Especially if you get them early.
Careful when buying series minifigs on Bricklink, most sellers sell the figure separate from whatever accessory they come with. It probably doesn't matter too much with the Disney figures since most of them don't have accessories, but I wasn't paying attention and ended up with a handful of unarmed Romans that way.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Just had the cops barge in and sweep my house with their guns drawn because of a call they got about a suicidal person or something. I was so confused the entire time but while leaving they complimented me on my LEGO and said they wished they had their camera phone on them to show their sons so... all's well that ends well I guess? :confused:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Just had the cops barge in and sweep my house with their guns drawn because of a call they got about a suicidal person or something. I was so confused the entire time but while leaving they complimented me on my LEGO and said they wished they had their camera phone on them to show their sons so... all's well that ends well I guess? :confused:

Do you do any kind of livestreaming?

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do you do any kind of livestreaming?

Haha swatting was my first thought but my roommate doesn't live stream. Might have been my neighbors since they've been passive aggressively leaving me notes and double parking me in lately (supposedly I took their spot in an unassigned parking lot).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Haha swatting was my first thought but my roommate doesn't live stream. Might have been my neighbors since they've been passive aggressively leaving me notes and double parking me in lately (supposedly I took their spot in an unassigned parking lot).

Oh that sounds like some unpleasant poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's not passive aggressive

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

That's not passive aggressive

The notes were literally the most passive aggressive thing I've ever read in my life haha. The other things, including this, not so much. I even went over to check up on them just in case the cops got the wrong address and their response to the entire situation was, "oh? That's weird." I could have sworn he was smirking too. Thank god I'm moving in 2 months.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Report them to the police man if they're doing this poo poo to you, I'm sure the cops can check if they placed the call and would not appreciate being dicked around for petty rivalries

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Where they going to shoot the suicidal person to prevent them from killing themselves?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well suicide commonly involves a weapon and when weapons are involved the police get very shooty. If they burst in on someone with a gun to their head, what's to stop them from using it on a cop?

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I told the cops it might have been a prank in the beginning before the sweep but he was in full "shut the gently caress up and stand aside" mode. (Which I understand I guess if they saw me as the threat to someone?) They both had tasers so I don't know why they weren't using that either.

Anyways we're getting too off topic so... anyone know of they did anything extra special for todays may the fourth sale or is it exactly the same?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks to be the same here in Germany. Funnily enough other stores have a 15% off Lego Star Wars thing that is more than Legos own 10%.

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
So the calendar shows that a set is becoming available to VIPs on the 18th; any ideas what this is? At first I thought it was that Hoth set, but that's already out. Only other thing I know of is that technic Porche, which would be awesome. I saw somewhere that was sure it was gonna be a Big Ben creator set, but I can barely find anything about that set online, other than it's apparently huge. What else is supposed to be coming out?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A Big Ben? Holy poo poo, that would go awesome with my wall mounted Tower Bridge... but 350 USD? That's a lot of money.
If it has Houses of Parliament with it, it is probably not great o display due to the large footprint.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bought the Sith Infiltrator today for the points/figure. Discount was good for a set I really only want for the ship.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Me and my 3 year old did this:

Good stuff!

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
Uhhhh I just got my order in that I made on the first. It was a $300 dollar order, but included in it was an Assault on Hoth set that I neither ordered nor paid for. :confused:

Maybe they know it sucks so they're giving it away?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well that's lucky. Might as well keep it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Machaon posted:

Uhhhh I just got my order in that I made on the first. It was a $300 dollar order, but included in it was an Assault on Hoth set that I neither ordered nor paid for. :confused:

Maybe they know it sucks so they're giving it away?

Call Lego and tell them, they'll more than likely tell you to keep it but no harm in letting them know you got it on accident.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The last time someone talked about receiving an expensive set in the thread I believe they had to send it back upon telling lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Just triple check your order and keep that poo poo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Dogen posted:

The last time someone talked about receiving an expensive set in the thread I believe they had to send it back upon telling lego.

Isn't it against the law to send someone something and require them to pay to send it back?

If it got sent to you through the mail, legally it's yours :v: Granted I think they can just refuse to do business with you anymore.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Looks like they sent you my order by mistake; better just forward the whole thing to me just to be safe.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Idk what the law is in the US but in Australia they'd have three months to arrange collection, and they pay for shipping.

Edit: nope, it's a "gift". https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

as a doctor I
Aug 30, 2012
College Slice

Hopper posted:

Well that's lucky. Might as well keep it.

Same thing happened to me with the Scooby-Doo 3 sets for $1474 .deal. A month later they sent the same thing.
The awesome phone rep said if I didn't get a return label by email in 24 hours to keep it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Starting the Ghostbusters firehouse. See you all in 26 hours!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Starting the Ghostbusters firehouse. See you all in 26 hours!

You're optimistic. I broke it up over several evenings, and it still took me the best part of a week.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

The_Doctor posted:

You're optimistic. I broke it up over several evenings, and it still took me the best part of a week.

I did a number a day, so took me 2 weeks.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I used to be a modular in a sitting guy, but now I like doing a floor an evening. Gives you a day to appreciate the interiors.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lizard Combatant posted:

I used to be a modular in a sitting guy, but now I like doing a floor an evening. Gives you a day to appreciate the interiors.

Which makes the fact that modulars have been losing storeys all the more annoying. :argh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glad I was pointed to this thread. :3:

I am severely addicted to building - well, just Star Wars sets. Not that I buy everything - some sets are just totally unappealing like the Kylo Ren attack one (god I want that mini-fig but the two sets with it aren't worth it to me).

I usually end up putting on this:

via Google Music and build away. Altho for the Slave-1 which took a week or so, it was the various soundtracks.

Anyways...

Just so this post isn't weirder than it already is - any links or pictures of a decent stand, that can angle a bit for ships - well, Poe's X-Wing?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

I am severely addicted to building - well, just Star Wars sets. Not that I buy everything - some sets are just totally unappealing like the Kylo Ren attack one (god I want that mini-fig but the two sets with it aren't worth it to me).

He's not so expensive on BL if you really want the fig. Saves you a bunch if you don't mind shelling out for the one thing you want.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Are there any Lego sets with both the Joker and Harley that aren't [a] the Dimensions pack or [b] the Funhouse?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The_Doctor posted:

Are there any Lego sets with both the Joker and Harley that aren't [a] the Dimensions pack or [b] the Funhouse?

They're both in the Arkham Asylum set, but the Joker's in a straitjacket and Harley is Dr. Harleen Quinzell with a hidden Harley hat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Target has a Harley/Batcycle set for like 20 bucks and a Joker Bumper Car Polybag

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Last month I got two deliveries of the same $300 order. Kept my danged mouth shut and built a mega modular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

Which makes the fact that modulars have been losing storeys all the more annoying. :argh:

True, but the interiors are getting better. Honestly I'd be ok with a return to more impressive exteriors and bare bones interiors, but that's not going to happen.