Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Theoretically you could form smaller groups inside of larger corporations. I will call them "squads". This is my idea please do not steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Anderron Shi posted:

The hard part is finding a small corp that plays around the same time and frequency as you; it sucks when you're really feeling the game but your corpmates are casuals and only log in a couple of times per week. I always liked the closer intimacy that comes with a smaller corp but the convenience of round-the-clock pings and such that come with larger groups is nice too.

I had that problem when I lived in a wormhole. I would come home from work and look to engage in some internet spaceships. And the rest of the corp was on coms, playing minecraft. So I sat in the POS for most of the day.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
You gotta make your own fun in eve. If no one is doing poo poo I'll roll the static till I find someone to shoot.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

abigserve posted:

You gotta make your own fun in eve. If no one is doing poo poo I'll roll the static till I find someone to shoot.

I don't know... That sounds a bit too elite pvp to me.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey what happens to the money sunk into outpost upgrades when CCP eventually deletes them in favor of citadels? Or is that so far on the horizon that it's not even worth mentioning?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey what happens to the money sunk into outpost upgrades when CCP eventually deletes them in favor of citadels? Or is that so far on the horizon that it's not even worth mentioning?

IIRC CCP mentioned something about a buyback program. That might have just been for POSes though

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I love reading VG's posts. It's refreshing after wading through piles of madposting.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Let me make sure I understand - was this dude ratting/running am anom in a Sin? 1) wtf 2) how do you lose a blops BS to an exploration cruiser?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

dragonstalking posted:

Why not just join DJ's corp if you're gonna quit or complain but don't want to abandon your goonbros?

because Darius Johnson's a giant manbabby who can't actually run anything besides his mouth

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fix Lag posted:

because Darius Johnson's a giant manbabby who can't actually run anything besides his mouth

the auth system will be fixed any day now!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

Let me make sure I understand - was this dude ratting/running am anom in a Sin? 1) wtf 2) how do you lose a blops BS to an exploration cruiser?

Sin and stratios do similar DPS, stratios is omnitanked, sin is tanked vs rats so probably had a giant explosive hole OR em hole depending on if he shield/armor tanked it.

Even if the sin was omnitanked whoever thought to shoot the other guys drones first would win.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Fix Lag posted:

The perfect goon.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
haha yeah, the perfect goon is the one which poses no threat to my space empire :smaug:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
VideoGames is the perfect goon

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
is the mullet the perfect goon hairstyle? anyone itt have a mullet

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Anderron Shi posted:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I read this thread and wonder how you guys can get so mad as if this poo poo is real life like hahahahaha how the gently caress is eve real hahaha just walk away from the screen like close your eyes haha.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Anderron Shi posted:

swissmercenary
Nov 28, 2012

gentlemen, shall we?

dialhforhero posted:

I read this thread and wonder how you guys can get so mad as if this poo poo is real life like hahahahaha how the gently caress is eve real hahaha just walk away from the screen like close your eyes haha.

At fanfest CCP said Eve is in a way real, because its plex prices were directly associated to the fall in oil prices, crash of Russian Rubble currency, etc...at least they hired some new guy to figure all of that out. CCP also showed how Muricans are more efficient than Russians in making isk/hr.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

swissmercenary posted:

At fanfest CCP said Eve is in a way real, because its plex prices were directly associated to the fall in oil prices, crash of Russian Rubble currency, etc...at least they hired some new guy to figure all of that out. CCP also showed how Muricans are more efficient than Russians in making isk/hr.

how are russians less efficient at isk making?

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Yep, he is good at Eve. Unfortunately, he's also good at getting himself repeatedly banned. I give him a month, tops, before he starts cracking racist jokes in local and gets a permanent vacation again. :)

I thought the story was linkng anime CP. Is it Racist jokes now?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

vodka, bear, balailaika

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

bots aren't very efficient, just low effort

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jazzzzz posted:

Sins are genuinely good PvE ships. I used to use a plex service where one of the guys blitzed with 2 sins and he was pretty drat quick.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I can confirm that I am really having a blast with this game. In fact I am having more fun with EVE than many recent games I have played. I am excited to log on all of the time! :D

It it truly awesome to watch RVCMF progress. I loved the email leaks, the screenshots, and seeing all the posters coming out of the woodwork who don't give a poo poo about the huge space empire drama but finally found a place to do chill mining/industry stuff with goons in space. You've got a good thing going dude. Never stop posting please.

I also love that RVCMF is basically a happy accident the result of you just creating a corp for shits 'n giggles and/or to complete a training mission (I forget which.) Just perfect.

Siets fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 6, 2016

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Speaking of newbies, while cruising around grinding up the market alt standings I ran into a day-old newbie. They had overlooked the career agents and had somehow wandered out of the starting systems and was drowning trying to do one of the level 1 missions in the rookie ship. They were posting in local begging for help on how to get through the thing.

Got a convo going, sorted him out and pointed him in the right direction with a bit of cash to give him a jump-start. Helping out is fun. Maybe I should point him towards RVCMF, so he can chill and mine with a kicked back attitude.

swissmercenary
Nov 28, 2012

gentlemen, shall we?

Landsknecht posted:

beats me. Those guys showed a graph and directly compared North American players with Russian players (per log-in), and made some calculations, US players outperformed Russian players in isk/hr by approx. 20%. They did not compare Euros, they just made this one comparison. Also worth mentioning is that they used the same amount of players for sampling from each region.

swissmercenary fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 6, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of being chill in space, here is my entire screenshot album from when Holesquad was constructing and celebrating our finished anchored citadel!

http://imgur.com/a/whWUZ

A few choice favorites:

Join Holesquad! We on the up and up! :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Siets posted:

Speaking of being chill in space, here is my entire screenshot album from when Holesquad was constructing and celebrating our finished anchored citadel!

A few choice favorites:

I'm digging people carving out little empires in wormholes with citadels as the crown jewels

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

I'm digging people carving out little empires in wormholes with citadels as the crown jewels

It definitely feels way more satisfying and more personally invested than Fozziesov, I can tell you that much.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Siets posted:

A few choice favorites:

Astero :hfive:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

speaking of citadels

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53796828/

first fortizar dead to gsf's miniluv

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

speaking of citadels

Hope no one shot the wreck.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
scooped

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

So, technically not the first kill.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

speaking of citadels

miniluv is loving dope

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

speaking of citadels

Has anybody built or killed an XL yet? Or is the build time such that there arent any out yet

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Orange Red Bull posted:

Has anybody built or killed an XL yet? Or is the build time such that there arent any out yet

the latter

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

speaking of citadels

bulkheads won'tsaveyo with top damage baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Orange Red Bull posted:

Not only the build time, but the sheer amount of materials that goes into it. You could buy out the entire Jita market on PI mats right now and still not have enough to build a single XL.

(Mind you, the smart money has been collecting PI for months, ever since they announced the build costs, so there's plenty of people who have privately accumulated the necessary assets. Just giving you a sense of the flows and amounts involved.)

• Locked thread