Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baal posted:

The gore isn't censored on CR because CR got the blu-rays since they had gotten JoJo Season 1 right after it ended. Season 2 will have significantly more censorship when you get to that part.

Also you want to see a comparison? Here's Jonathan splitting Tarkus' arm in half.

Hmm. This might just be me, but I'm getting some Fist of the North Star vibes from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Hmm. This might just be me, but I'm getting some Fist of the North Star vibes from this.

From Jonathan? victorian kenshiro? Your insane

bondster
May 6, 2007

New episode is pretty loving excellent with some great art.

SSJ Koichi is the best

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Koichi's Stand is amazing. :swoon:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Surface -> Show Off

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Very sick episode, echoes/reverb looks kick rear end animated

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Surface -> Show Off

Now this I'm not sure about at all. That's not a synonym OR a reference to the same thing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Surface -> Show Off

Yeah, this one is pretty strange.

Awesome episode. The manga chapters for this fall a bit flat, but the anime circumvented that.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am going to die of embarrassment for Koichi if they don't put Echoes in the OP next week.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loving Dio Brando possessed the gardeners and made them cut my network cable, keeping me from getting on Crunchyroll. This is the worst Friday ever :saddowns:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Quite frankly, Koichi rules.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Augus posted:

loving Dio Brando possessed the gardeners and made them cut my network cable, keeping me from getting on Crunchyroll. This is the worst Friday ever :saddowns:

What's worse, going to Ogre Street or dealing with cable companies?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I'm fine with this "when the substance is lacking, amp up the style" approach

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

What's worse, going to Ogre Street or dealing with cable companies?

I don't think I'm gonna walk away from the cable company with a new best friend named Speedwagon.
Though I've been wrong before.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 6, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
As usual greato daze

also the visuals were so loving good

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I am going to die of embarrassment for Koichi if they don't put Echoes in the OP next week.

I'm already mildly disappointed that he didn't have the egg like spinning on its side like a breakdancer for the last couple episodes :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I still don't particularly care for this fight, but goddamn if they didn't kill it with style this week.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Also I've never been a huge fan of this fight in the manga, but this episode was really stylish and the sound work took it to another level.

e: not to mention koichi's VA knocking it out of the park

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
koichi's theme is so good you guys

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, like the rest this is basically the one part of the manga I liked less, but it was fantastic here.

Echoes was so cute :3: and the effect was take great. Really well done all around.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

SO IS POLICE OK OR NOT :suspense:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pootybutt posted:

Police is a fat ol' bloodhound and thus has no time to deal with this "dangerous stranger in his house" business

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

How are you posting this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

How are you posting this

I own a cell phone

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TheKingofSprings posted:

How are you posting this

Amazing what you can do with cell phones these days, isn't it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Amazing what you can do with cell phones these days, isn't it?

You can even... watch Crunchyroll.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pootybutt posted:

Given that we didn't see his horribly mutilated remains on display at any point, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's fine.

... For the moment.

Augus posted:

I own a cell phone

There's a Crunchyroll app on the Google Play Store.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Would suck if you have limited data

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
At least the resolution to this fight was changed to be a bit more sensible. In the manga, I believe he just takes both locks off because "Oh man, my mom would never believe me in this situation!" Here he takes them off because SSJ Koichi is a little menacing.

Also, in case you didn't notice, Koichi and his Stand are literally Gohan and Cell.

Surface -> Show Off

Censorship! :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 6, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah I love watching visually interesting TV shows on a tiny phone screen

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's TV anime. It looks fine on a cellphone screen.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I watch a ton of anime on my phone but it's not a lot of fun to do so with JoJo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Koichi rules. Echoes is a cool stand. Both will get even better.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
19 episodes in, for some reason I think Stroheim coming back out of nowhere as an insane Nazi cyborg to kick the poo poo out of an Aztec demigod is my favorite part of the series so far.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This episode was good but I want less of Koichi and more of the Josuke Okuyasu comedy hour

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

yeah I love watching visually interesting TV shows on a tiny phone screen

Unless you're inches from whatever monitor you'd use I don't see there being much difference?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Again, Surface is literally just a word, why would they feel the need to change it? So it goes, I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Echoes is Reverb on the official site too, just like "Worse" Company.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Again, Surface is literally just a word, why would they feel the need to change it? So it goes, I guess.

Ifthey actually reached out to all those copyholders like was said and got a ton of nos now they can't just pretend it's a coincidence, since now they are on notice.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unless you're inches from whatever monitor you'd use I don't see there being much difference?

Yeah why would anyone wanna watch something on a screen that isn't minuscule. Really? you don't see the difference between a five inch screen and a 40? Watching poo poo on a phone is some at-work desperation poo poo. I'd much rather watch anything on my 40 inch than on something 1/8th that size.

Hell anything I wanna sit down for more than 1 episode I put up on a fuckin projector.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, 'show off' also kinda makes sense for the next stand in a way, so that's good

also this week's bit is actually kinda weak when compared to the rest of the stuff in part 4 but the anime kinda made up for that by making it really stylish and whatnot, so that's a good way to handle a pretty important episode (in that koichi's stand hatches). everything was top notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

19 episodes in, for some reason I think Stroheim coming back out of nowhere as an insane Nazi cyborg to kick the poo poo out of an Aztec demigod is my favorite part of the series so far.

Stroheim is my favorite Nazi. He's still an evil gently caress, but my god is he entertaining to watch.

• Locked thread