Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Aw, sucks to hear there's no real replay value in Dig, but I'm gonna grab it at $5. I've heard too many good things to keep passing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dig is definitely worth five bucks. Just keep it around until you have a lazy Sunday where you want to zone out and dig and eat snacks for the better part of a day.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kirbysuperstar posted:

Gravity Rush Remastered is like $20 AUD get on that poo poo.

I've hovered over Buy a few times because of the visuals and aesthetics, but wasn't sure about the gameplay and other factors. What makes it worth a recommendation in your opinion?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gravity Rush is a pretty fun game with a neat movement system that works well for combat and traversal. It feels fun just to move around which for me is a huge part of whether or not I enjoy a game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Does GR remastered use Gyro of any kind?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

Does GR remastered use Gyro of any kind?

Yeah but they gyro is only an addition the sticks - you don't have to do any waggling or spinning in your chair like a doofus at all.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Yeah but they gyro is only an addition the sticks - you don't have to do any waggling or spinning in your chair like a doofus at all.

You didn't have to in the Vita version as well, it was just strongly encouraged because it was fun. :haw:

And yeah, i'm aware that chair spinning isn't that useful in front of a tv.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

You didn't have to in the Vita version as well, it was just strongly encouraged because it was fun. :haw:

And yeah, i'm aware that chair spinning isn't that useful in front of a tv.

Oh, if you played the Vita version it controls pretty much the same, except that sliding is done with the triggers so it's really easy.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, the sliding is no longer useless! It's cool.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Oh poo poo, i want that backported so i can actually platinum that game. :(

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Steamworld Dig owns, it's like a lite-metroid version of Mr. Driller.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Steamworld Dig's a cute game, but suffers a lot from, despite being randomized, having literally zero replayability, unless you're a professional speedrunner.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I found Super Motherlode to be a better game, but it definitely suffers from a similar problem.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
For some reason, they keep sending me more Grand Kingdom PS4 beta keys...

5LP4-Q4N2-T868
HM4G-2JNQ-QF4E
44CA-JGN8-7KG2

I've found it to be an interesting slant on the TRPG genre. You've got a "game board" but combat occurs in a sub-zone in the style of regular RPGs such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the like. The actual combat system is a curious blend of things with TRPG being the main crux. I'd recommend giving it a go if you enjoy RPG and/or TRPG titles, particularly ones with Japanese/anime art styles.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

-edit- nabbed!

barren_sky fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2016

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

barren_sky posted:

I've got an extra Grand Kingdom beta key now too. Quote if you want it and I'll PM it to you.
I'd like to try it please

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

MisterAlex posted:

For some reason, they keep sending me more Grand Kingdom PS4 beta keys...

5LP4-Q4N2-T868
HM4G-2JNQ-QF4E
44CA-JGN8-7KG2

I've found it to be an interesting slant on the TRPG genre. You've got a "game board" but combat occurs in a sub-zone in the style of regular RPGs such as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the like. The actual combat system is a curious blend of things with TRPG being the main crux. I'd recommend giving it a go if you enjoy RPG and/or TRPG titles, particularly ones with Japanese/anime art styles.

lol, all three are already used

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought I had a spare one but they just emailed me the same code twice. :(

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Szurumbur posted:

lol, all three are already used

Huh, and those were in addition to the one I used. That was quick. Unless they just sent me dupes of other users' keys. :v:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MisterAlex posted:

Huh, and those were in addition to the one I used. That was quick. Unless they just sent me dupes of other users' keys. :v:

Lurkers are crazy fast. If you want to make sure keys go to goons, either do it in PMs or post in one of the private subforums or else you run the risk of teenage punks snagging them.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

Lurkers are crazy fast. If you want to make sure keys go to goons, either do it in PMs or post in one of the private subforums or else you run the risk of teenage punks snagging them.
Well, I hope whoever redeemed them will enjoy the game in any case.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The 3 battles per day limit for the beta (I hope) is kind of lame. Like it doesn't have any of the single player stuff so basically I can't play the game at all until the war rolls over again some time this evening. It's a shame because when I do get to play it's really fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

The 3 battles per day limit for the beta (I hope) is kind of lame. Like it doesn't have any of the single player stuff so basically I can't play the game at all until the war rolls over again some time this evening. It's a shame because when I do get to play it's really fun.

If they gave you too much you could just play the demo forever

Corvus corone
Oct 14, 2012
I just got my grand kingdom code today, and I didn't realize it was just for ps4 :( If anyone wants it, just pm me. Already claimed!

Corvus corone fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 6, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

For some reason they just emailed me the same code again so I guess that's happening

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lets hang out posted:

For some reason they just emailed me the same code again so I guess that's happening
Yep, don't give your "extra" code out before you check on that. I am guessing they got a bunch of late entries on the mailing list and decided rerunning the email was the easiest way to get everyone codes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CrashCat posted:

Yep, don't give your "extra" code out before you check on that. I am guessing they got a bunch of late entries on the mailing list and decided rerunning the email was the easiest way to get everyone codes.

yeah i got a dupe too

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I'm tempted to get battlefield 4 again for the ps4. I had it and the season pass for the 360, so it would suck to miss out on that (i think i would have kept everything if went with the Xbox one), also starting from scratch level wise, but the jump in player count seems worth it. With its player base at around 40,000, there would probably be still people playing the vanilla game.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shnag posted:

I'm tempted to get battlefield 4 again for the ps4. I had it and the season pass for the 360, so it would suck to miss out on that (i think i would have kept everything if went with the Xbox one), also starting from scratch level wise, but the jump in player count seems worth it. With its player base at around 40,000, there would probably be still people playing the vanilla game.

They are starting to give away the DLC (Dragon's Teeth or whatever is the first one), so I would quickly go and "buy" it for free while you can, even if you don't have the game yet. I don't know when it stops being free.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

abagofcheetos posted:

They are starting to give away the DLC (Dragon's Teeth or whatever is the first one), so I would quickly go and "buy" it for free while you can, even if you don't have the game yet. I don't know when it stops being free.

Getting the free map pack is an other thing that makes it tempting to buy again, as at least I would have some of the dlc.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Rayman Legends is down to $9.99 for PS3 and 4. Picked it up as I hear it's pretty sweet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guw posted:

Rayman Legends is down to $9.99 for PS3 and 4. Picked it up as I hear it's pretty sweet.

Its amazing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For those that have it, how big is Uncharted 4?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

axleblaze posted:

For those that have it, how big is Uncharted 4?

Around 50 gb

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Shnag posted:

It's awesome, people still play it, and you should see if it's still available for $10 on the PSN store. That deal ends at some point this afternoon.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Guw posted:

It's seriously one of the best 2D platformers the last few generations, rivaled only by Rayman Origins. Enjoy!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is rayman a permanent price change or a sale?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

SpacePig posted:

It's seriously one of the best 2D platformers the last few generations, rivaled only by Rayman Origins. Enjoy!

I'm excited especially about its couch co-op.

Real hurthling! posted:

It's part of a Ubisoft sale this week

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

^^^ Oy! I had -just- refreshed to make sure nobody else had answered too!

Real hurthling! posted:

It's part of the weekly Ubisoft sale this week.

-edit- for content: I really don't get the appeal of Rayman's couch co-op. I've found it makes the game near-impossible to play on many of the fast-moving levels

barren_sky fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Trials Fusion is also 10 dollars; which is exactly how much cash I've got burning on my PS store account. Should I go for Rayman or Trials? I tend to prefer games with high replay value, and the last platformer I played was N++, which I enjoyed tremendously.

• Locked thread