Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
The first ever XL is going to be in JU-. Theta has been collecting isk and materials for months so it's bound to go up any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

The first ever XL is going to be in JU-. Theta has been collecting isk and materials for months so it's bound to go up any day now.

lol

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Anderron Shi posted:

bulkheads won'tsaveyo with top damage baby

:boom:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Not with their success rate of dropping things

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Don't lump that other a name in with us.

:colbert:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

cravius posted:

miniluv is loving dope

this is truth

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
RVCMF friends:

I still don't think Umokka is our final home. The belts have been getting weaker and weaker each day (due to our overwhelming mining force) and now after 3 mining ops I don't know if we could do another one today. It's barely 5 hours past downtime and the system is picked over.

Good news - There are a couple systems nearby that don't get picked over as much that we can use if we have to. Ruvas and Kamokor beyond it don't get mined out as quickly as Umokka does, because they don't have many belts.

Long term - We went to Umokka with the assumption that some of us would be missioning. I don't know if that's the case. If VG or other people in the corp want to mission in Umokka, we can keep it as the HQ and I can move my miners on my own. Moving my miners isn't an issue, however I want to keep the orca near the HQ so it can continue to boost our mining ops. Umokka was also chosen because it was close to VG's career agents, and if those are done with maybe we don't need to stay.

I looked into it a little bit and I have my eye on a potential system. Before I suggest anything though, it would help us to figure out what we need from a system. Missions? Lowsec access (for exploration people)? Close to Jita (or is another trade hub ok)? Close to Saranen (a few goons in corp have commented on this being a nice thing)?

More good news - If we do decide to move, our freighter guys can probably have everything moved in an hour or so. If we decide we hate the new area, no problem. Move right back.

It's VG's decision to make, and we don't need a decision today. This is more a longer term thing. I'm pretty certain however that we can find a more suitable mining area without having to leave Lonetrek.

Ancelm
Apr 10, 2016

You'll never take me alive, copper!

cravius posted:

miniluv is loving dope

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

cravius posted:

miniluv is loving dope

:agreed:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

I'm sure you knew we were going to lose our space all along. :allears:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Not without the 1 billion you demanded to have returned before you left

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Goatman Sacks posted:

Not without the 1 billion you demanded to have returned before you left

I had no idea it was an option until it was offered. So I accepted. I felt I could spend that isk on better things.

To be fair Ted should probably take an evening and just return all the isk on his own initiative to the people who donated for the JU- XL citadel.

If an XL citadel looks feasible some time in the future. The project can be restarted again. And the people who believe in it can donate then.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Zephyrine posted:

I had no idea it was an option until it was offered. So I accepted. I felt I could spend that isk on better things.

To be fair Ted should probably take an evening and just return all the isk on his own initiative to the people who donated for the JU- XL citadel.

If an XL citadel looks feasible some time in the future. The project can be restarted again. And the people who believe in it can donate then.

I have no skin in this particular game but holy lol leaving an alliance and still trying to throw ~Humble Opinions~ around about how people should handle affairs within it? Bold moves indeed.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Tell you what, have your horde diplos contact our diplos about this, we'll see what can be done.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Those terms were included in the original post when I started collecting ISK. Anyone that wanted their ISK back could get it at any time.

Zephyrine posted:

"I couldn't be arsed to be involved in Theta entire time I was in the alliance (except to berate them for not making my life easier), but I know what's best for them now!" :fuckoff:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
mittani just disbanded goonswarm go look

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

p7hk9 posted:

Those terms were included in the original post when I started collecting ISK. Anyone that wanted their ISK back could get it at any time.

"I couldn't be arsed to be involved in Theta entire time I was in the alliance (except to berate them for not making my life easier), but I know what's best for them now!" :fuckoff:

I for one think it's hilarious that all of these people had deep seated concerns about the alliances direction, but stuck it out until times got tough them mysteriously their scruples appeared.

Meanwhile I took the exact opposite tack: I was thinking about leaving because of my deep seated concerns about the alliances direction, but then goings got tough and I decided to re-invest in hopes that it would be a catalyst for some changes.

Farg posted:

Welp time to go suck up to Darius after making snarky posts at him :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Farg posted:

:ok:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Lmao for someone super intent on joining Horde you don't know fuckall about Fade.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

theta conquered and secured the cockpocket in fade from horde all on their own you idiot

edit: sorry, with blackops, should not have forgotten blackops

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 6, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Are we talking about the same theta that runs a JF service to a station in Fade (Thanks guys!) and has been stocking it with ahacs and has been active in the region for over a month now, oh and between them and blops consist of 90% of the active entosis people working the region? That Theta? You do realize that in order to keep a "Finger on the pulse" it has to come out of your own sphincter right?

EDIT: An active squad of people that back eachother up even when doing stupid poo poo like ratting is about the only thing that I'm 100% fine with in the coalition. What the hell is wrong with you? It goes right back to what P7hk9 said: You can't be arsed to be involved with these people at any level, yet feel the need to comment on what they are doing despite not actually knowing what they are doing. It's pure self righteous hubris.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 6, 2016

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
back to the hateposting :unsmith:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So that's GSOL and Theta covered, any other groups you'd like to inform us are utterly useless and the cancer that is killing Goonfleet?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Vando posted:

So that's GSOL and Theta covered, any other groups you'd like to inform us are utterly useless and the cancer that is killing Goonfleet?

ENL-I and Widot

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kick waffe

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Vando posted:

your posting is the cancer killing my eyes lmao

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="459588115"]
your posting is the cancer killing my eyes lmao

thats a mirror

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Vando posted:

thats a mirror

:iceburn:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vando posted:

I have no skin in this particular game but holy lol leaving an alliance and still trying to throw ~Humble Opinions~ around about how people should handle affairs within it? Bold moves indeed.

This is what happens when people leave to join the enemy and find that their posting, forums, jabber, culture are insufferable.

I mean lookit all the D names up in here they probably got 50 posts on PL.com

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Orange Red Bull posted:

This is what happens when people leave to join the enemy and find that their posting, forums, jabber, culture are insufferable.
So you're saying the problem is they forgot they left?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You say that like theta wasn't doing homeland defense. Theta isn't dedicated to ratting. We're dedicated to defending the homeland.

Ever think about why so many thetans make isk via ratting? I bet not, otherwise I could smell the gears burning through the internet.

The reason we make our money ratting is because the same skills that shoot rats can also be used to shoot mans.

People get pointed to us as the isk squad because a lot of very rich goons made their isk while in theta. It started with selling caracals to Bob relisters. Also the best way for newbies to get started making money is with us.

The shitler who hang on just for the easy isk tend to make themselves known, and get shat on. One of the biggest flags for this is loving off when poo poo gets hard.

So, for your further education of the goals this squad I've been a part of since it started has is:

thecrate sits to pee.
Help newbies
Murder fuckers who gently caress with our poo poo
Make good isk so we can murder fuckers better
Be gay.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

You say that like theta wasn't doing homeland defense. Theta isn't dedicated to ratting. We're dedicated to defending the homeland.

Ever think about why so many thetans make isk via ratting? I bet not, otherwise I could smell the gears burning through the internet.

The reason we make our money ratting is because the same skills that shoot rats can also be used to shoot mans.

People get pointed to us as the isk squad because a lot of very rich goons made their isk while in theta. It started with selling caracals to Bob relisters. Also the best way for newbies to get started making money is with us.

The shitler who hang on just for the easy isk tend to make themselves known, and get shat on. One of the biggest flags for this is loving off when poo poo gets hard.

So, for your further education of the goals this squad I've been a part of since it started has is:

thecrate sits to pee.
Help newbies
Murder fuckers who gently caress with our poo poo
Make good isk so we can murder fuckers better
Be gay.

source your quotes

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i too am gay

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks. Cravius dropped the ball.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

#thetaforlife

Also I'm very happy you hate us.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Theta was also instrumental the first time around in Pure Blind, getting the ADMs up by mining and ratting. I'd drop in on comms late at night my time and be like "yo, here's some upgrades, keep up the good work" and bullshit with HarlyQ et al for a while while they mined spacerocks or whatever it is they do. Currently all the hackers in Fade are basically blops, theta and a surprising amount of directors.

edit: we also deployed theta to SMA space as a foreign ADM legion once, that was kinda cool.

My only beef with Theta was them deciding ice mining was now profitable and turned JU- from a backwater place I could blind jump to into a hotbed of activity camped by Harry Forever.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
dude who is this venom snake dumbass

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
oh the guy trying to role play with sleepers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumpy
Aug 30, 2004