Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Aphrodite posted:

Smart of Batman to make enough room to go full mast too.

He's always prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Norns posted:

He's always prepared.
He learned from his early matchups against Catwoman.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really, really don't like that Superman costume.

It need some sunglasses.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

I'm really into the new artist for Green Arrow.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Green Lanterns by Alex Garner
This art style is seriously amazing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

e: NM I mixed up an artist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Semper Fudge posted:

Oh this is way better. This is dope.

Endless Mike posted:

I really, really don't like that Superman costume.

It need some sunglasses.

That picture it basically looks like the Man of Steel/Batman V Superman costume. It looks way better when it's drawn more spandex-y, but it really misses the red boots. It misses the loving red trunks too but that's a battle I've given up on at this point.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Semper Fudge posted:

Otto Schmidt rules.

https://www.facebook.com/Otto-Schmidt-Art-165066126960075/ <--some material here might be NSFW

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Superman's an improvement, but still needs some more yellow back

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Superman's an improvement, but still needs some more yellow back

How about some frosted tips?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is it me or are they apparently determined to eliminate all trace of red from Superman's costume except the cape?

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan. But then I guess I'm still bitter over them dumping the classic costume, underpants on the outside and all.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Something about the cuffs feels off to me. Like they're so big he doesn't have great mobility with his hands.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

X-O posted:

Here's some new costumes not drawn by Jim Lee. Man I love that Superman costume.

I'm getting kindof a Steve Rude vibe from it, and that's a good thing!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The end of Hitch's JLA has been delayed till after Hitch's JL starts.
Oops.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/05/jla-12-and-annual-1-have-been-moved-from-june-to-august-after-justice-league-rebirth/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What could go wrong with putting Bryan Hitch on a book? What indeed?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Also, I'm not sure this is the greatest piece of art by the dude, but...
https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/status/728208549126520832
exciting!

BrianWilly posted:

Is that Finn

:geno:

Duke Thomas from Snyder's Batman and We Are Robin.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 5, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is that Finn

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Green Arrow Rebirth preview and interview with a direct S-J-W invocation and wonderfully predictable reactionary comments.
http://www.newsarama.com/29144-rebirth-green-arrow-writer-ollie-is-a-social-justice-warrior.html

Endless Mike posted:

Bro can you not pre-quote people ESPECIALLY when you're making the next post anyway?

You got it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 6, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bro can you not pre-quote people ESPECIALLY when you're making the next post anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ollie was a Social Justice Warrior before that was a thing. And then before it become a different thing. And then it became kind of the opposite of what it means? But then it came back around a bit but it's still bad.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Finished off Midnighter. Still really good. It feels pretty significant in the current social/political landscape to have a gay couple of superheroes who genuinely enjoy offing their bad guys saying things like "Safety isn't a privilege, it's a right" and that they'd die for innocent people in a heartbeat. Made me realize that if BvS had been a Midnighter v Apollo movie except they started dating at the end it'd probably have been about a hundred times better. Gleeful, over-the-top brutality is so much more interesting than standing around brooding contemplatively.

Aphrodite posted:

Ollie was a Social Justice Warrior before that was a thing. And then before it become a different thing. And then it became kind of the opposite of what it means? But then it came back around a bit but it's still bad.

The only thing bad about the term 'social justice warrior' is that, like 'politically correct' before it, it's become a dogwhistle for hateful assholes the world over. The rest of us just call it "treating human beings with respect"

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 6, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody really wants to be identified as one, so they were successful I guess.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody really wants to be identified as one, so they were successful I guess.

What blogs do you read? I feel like I don't go a week with someone saying "how is that a bad label? A warrior for justice? That's p. cool!"

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Like the art but yeesh the twist of Canary's body here. Especially when she was facing Ollie in the panel just before this spread.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lotus circle posted:

Like the art but yeesh the twist of Canary's body here. Especially when she was facing Ollie in the panel just before this spread.

That's an almost textbook-perfect example of a heroic figure posed according to Steranko's Laws of Action, so while on the one hand, gratuitous butt; on the other hand, Steranko's not wrong about those principles making a figure look dynamic—I kind of like it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She obviously just did a cool twirl, the correct way to remove a cloak.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

X-O posted:

Okay. Okay.

No seriously can someone explain to me why this green lantern has a gun?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Backup.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Against what? Half the villains on Earth don't give a poo poo about guns and 90% of whatever gleep glop aliens they're fighting have tech that completely shits on guns?

Yeah shoot Mongul, I'm sure that's going to stop him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It worked just fine on Sinestro, apparently.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

I would believe that if he wasn't shown waving it around in the air in every single image I've seen of him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Did we just have this conversation or am I stuck in a Groundhog Day loop

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's gonna get brought up every time Simon gets brought up because it's dumb and a bit offensive so is DC at its most DC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How's a green lantern holding a firearm offensive?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's gonna get brought up every time Simon gets brought up because it's dumb and a bit offensive so is DC at its most DC.

Bucky did the exact same thing as cap

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I like the idea of a Green Lantern recognizing hey, these rings short out/gently caress up/ditch you all the time, so let's carry a back up weapon I'm fairly familiar with. I just wish it wasn't so front and center like he's the goddamn Punisher or something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bobkatt013 posted:

Bucky did the exact same thing as cap

Bucky is a silly character yeah.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Against what? Half the villains on Earth don't give a poo poo about guns and 90% of whatever gleep glop aliens they're fighting have tech that completely shits on guns?

Yeah shoot Mongul, I'm sure that's going to stop him.

When Baz received his ring the first time, it was prone to malfunctioning due Hal and Sinestro having sent with contradictory requests. At the same time the third army was starting its attack on earth and at one point Baz got stuck in a dangerous situation and could only get out due picking up the gun. Since then he stuck with it because he didn't really trusted his ring.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay. Okay.

No seriously can someone explain to me why this green lantern has a gun?

Because he's an underprivileged minority from a low-income neighborhood, and as such he's forced to be associated with criminal activities. So say DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Speaking of underprivileged minorities, Batman Rebirth #1 preview and interview with Tom King and Scott Snyder.
http://www.newsarama.com/29163-bruce-is-super-sexy-the-center-of-dcu-in-rebirth-batman-plus-preview.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 6, 2016