Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
My hot take on the shieva: it's a piece of poo poo.

Edit: Also double ____ weekends bring out the worst kind of players. So they too are bad.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Get gud host.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Sorry, I'm a hardworking American. I don't need bribes, I just grind them out for 3 hours and get two commons and a camo for guns I never use.

:v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
No seriously double anything weekends are garbage and I refuse to play during them.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Just read about 2x crypto and contracts, I will for sure be on my grind this weekend if anyone wants to join

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Got a knife and the shadowclaw from the season pass bonus. The only thing I care about getting is the MP40, despite it not being that good. The contracts are a cool addition, although the only one active right now is to win 75 games. That's like 15+ hours of game time lol.

edit: New Famas is already out. Cool, it has the fastest RoF in its class. That's not P2W at all.

Javes fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

Got a knife and the shadowclaw from the season pass bonus. The only thing I care about getting is the MP40, despite it not being that good. The contracts are a cool addition, although the only one active right now is to win 75 games. That's like 15+ hours of game time lol.

edit: New Famas is already out

What are contracts? I don't see this in the game.

Edit: never mind. I see the menu in black market now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So Blops 3 is doing A Real Good Thing now? I wanna try it soonish, but I'm just real iffy on it nowadays.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bribe got me the sword. We ninja now.

(I used my iPad tethering via work phone to remote into my Mac to remote into my PS4 to open a video game crate. This is where I am with my life)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

actually its great. irritatingly great, especially if we end up getting matched against a whole team using them in HC

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Javes posted:

edit: New Famas is already out. Cool, it has the fastest RoF in its class. That's not P2W at all.

So Treyarch decided to stick with the spirit of their throwback weapon this time around. Dammit.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

actually its great. irritatingly great, especially if we end up getting matched against a whole team using them in HC

That was annoying but they were bad, and they ate Dredge the next round, the real HC superstar.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I really only play hardcore if I'm grinding out headshots with weapons that are hard to get headshots with. Any other time it's core all the way.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Godzilla07 posted:

That was annoying but they were bad, and they ate Dredge the next round, the real HC superstar.

unfortunately I've found myself in a situation where i feel like im playing bad if i'm not getting streaks or having double digit deaths. despite "doing well" kdr-wise in some of those games i still was getting frustrated because some guy with a silenced (lol) sheiva camps the back of the map and picks me off after i zip up four guys with the pharo

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that being said i was thinkin of my cod fanfic bros when i got this last night

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
tee hee!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hello let's play this tonight.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

The gay stuff? Please no not again

Blops 3 tho I'll be on in like two hours.

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Yeah sure. Probably be on in 2-3 hours.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Fibby Boy posted:

Edit: Also double ____ weekends bring out the worst kind of players. So they too are bad.

why snipe when you have a sheiva

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh yeah, so (un)fortunately my free bribe was the Malice. It makes a noise when I hit R, so.

Ah well, 73 more wins until I get another shot.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Check out this sweet cod rap.

https://youtu.be/eFZUc0RbKRs

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
From some random "Battlefield 1 will destroy CoD" gif thread on reddit:

"The next CoD from Treyarch is WaW 2. A friend has been recording artillery and mortar sounds with them for the past month. Friend is stationed at Letterkenny Army Depot. Treyarch has been there multiple times over the years to record various ordinance and weapons sounds. Don't have any picture proof for you, they didn't allow anyone to take pictures while they were there."

Speculation, but with BF1 now being WW1, could be legit.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Here's me running around with my new bat getting a 14 kill run. Christoff and Flankensttein were in the match with me too I believe.

https://youtu.be/m8N3a7vAFHE

Mad flow on that track

housefly fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 7, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

Here's me running around with my new bat getting a 14 kill run. Christoff and Flankensttein were in the match with me too I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8N3a7vAFHE

Mad flow on that track

The sound of that bat connecting is so satisfying. :toughguy:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
poop. poop games.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm gonna love the backlash when people play the MW1 remake and when nothing is changed but the graphics. People will bitch and moan endlessly about balance issues and Activision/IW or whoever is doing the remake is gonna be like "uh we thought this is what you wanted?"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Uh, that *is* all we want, dude. :colbert:

Leave the guns, perks, and quirks alone and give me new graphics.
Then, go the gently caress away to work on the next remaster, and let me enjoy my memories, and new victims to take advantage of.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They could just copy/paste the challenges/emblems/calling cards system from MW2 and leave the rest unchanged and I would be happy with that.

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Carecat posted:

Are you sure you guys would enjoy MW MP with no changes? Yeah they nerfed stuff too hard in recent games but a lot of stuff in MW1 was really overpowered even after patching.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'm gonna love the backlash when people play the MW1 remake and when nothing is changed but the graphics. People will bitch and moan endlessly about balance issues and Activision/IW or whoever is doing the remake is gonna be like "uh we thought this is what you wanted?"

gently caress yes. That is exactly what I want. What you guys don't realise is a bunch of us played MW1 up until MW2 was released because WAW was hot garbage, and would still go back for retro nights at least up until BlOps.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I just got this game. I have no idea what's going on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Daric posted:

Hold forward on the left stick, hold R2/RT.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Daric posted:

See mans, shoot mans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Daric posted:

Do you the the SMG tab? Don't use anything in it they're all poo poo.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Daric posted:

find someone with a below average KD, the lower the better, and listen to everything they say.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jesus Toast posted:

gently caress yes. That is exactly what I want. What you guys don't realise is a bunch of us played MW1 up until MW2 was released because WAW was hot garbage, and would still go back for retro nights at least up until BlOps.

Can't wait to see faantastic return to his roots, and get 100+ kills on Bog again.

Or watch six dudes unload with RPDs on through the blue house in Crash, when the enemy team tries rushing it. I wish in-game recording existed for that. It's still one of the best moments I can remember. Along with watching Team RPD down choppers on Crossfire in literal seconds.

Good times.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 7, 2016

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
I'm really not one for the whole rose-colored glasses thing, but there is one thing I desperately miss from CoD4 and one of the main reasons I'll probably get the remaster: the maps. gently caress man, the maps in CoD4 were SO GOOD. Ambush, Backlot, Overgrown... sniping on Countdown & Crossfire... this game had so few maps that just loving blew (cough BLOC cough). I don't mind most of the Blops 3 maps but the whole three lane design starts to get pretty bland after awhile, and Nuk3town ruins matchmaking because for some reason pubbies are loving obsessed with it. Also Metro & Havoc can suck my dick. The third & fourth map packs for Blops 3 should just be CoD4 remasters.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Can't wait to see faantastic return to his roots, and get 100+ kills on Bog again.

Somehow I don't have the picture, but one of my prouder CoD4 moments was beating Curves with an AK on Backlot.

Troutz posted:

I'm really not one for the whole rose-colored glasses thing, but there is one thing I desperately miss from CoD4 and one of the main reasons I'll probably get the remaster: the maps. gently caress man, the maps in CoD4 were SO GOOD. Ambush, Backlot, Overgrown... sniping on Countdown & Crossfire...

Yeah, I'm tired of the formulaic three-lane Treyarch maps where you feel like you're handicapping yourself if you're using an AR. Also bullet penetration would be nice to have again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bloc was awesome if you really love the movie Enemy at the Gates

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

I only really stopped playing CoD4 because all of the lobbies got hacked, so yeah, a straight graphical improvement (and lobby fix) is fine with me. This is the first time I've actually been looking forward to a Call of Duty game in years, because the maps are my biggest issue with the new games and this time I know they're actually good.

I actually thought the weapons were balanced pretty well in MW1/MW2 as well. They all felt unique, but you could also play decently with any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Bloc was awesome if you really loved spawning alll the way on the opposite side of the map whenever you died.

FTFY

That being said, hushing in the pool was the best.

• Locked thread