Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Thermal expansion is a thing. It can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LoXgN1QWZM

That is absolutely horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

xzzy posted:

Exhaust tips do tend to shift around a bit when gunning the throttle. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FvanLGow54&t=65s

Man, these distracted assholes, always popping popcorn while driving

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Probably a good part of the reason why high speed rail uses concrete ties

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

Man, these distracted assholes, always popping popcorn while driving

Makes sense, the food at tracks is always garbage and you don't want to get hungry.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

`Nemesis posted:

Don't think it's the ties as much as the rail itself trying to expand lengthwise until it finally buckles.

Concrete isn't super stable either, that's why they cut gaps to give it room. It's funny when construction companies gently caress it up and suddenly there's a giant speedbump in the middle of a road.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Most of the roads here (DFW) are concrete.

Every summer, a few of them wind up with surprise speedbumps.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

some texas redneck posted:

Most of the roads here (DFW) are concrete.

Every summer, a few of them wind up with surprise speedbumps.

Driving BeltLine Rd through a few cities really shows you the different construction methods here in Dallas.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Alighieri posted:

Driving BeltLine Rd through a few cities really shows you the different construction methods here in Dallas.

I loving hated that road.

"Hey where do you live?" "Oh off beltline." "....which loving city"

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Swaybar looking way too stiff from here. Put a thinner one on (or longer arms) and run it again.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Today I saw a pepto bismol-pink M3.

... Yup.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Scotch posted:

Today I saw a pepto bismol-pink M3.

... Yup.

They probably spent $1500 plastidipping it blaze pink a month ago.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Saw this in real life today. Not my pic, as I wasn't fat enough with my phone but some kind soul uploaded it to a local FB page moments later.

The greatest part is that backwards facing external intake. Will it come flying off on the highway or will he hydrolock it after a bad rain makes some huge puddles?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

`Nemesis posted:

Apparently if the Adelaide to Darwin railway wasn't VERY firmly clipped down to its sleepers it would end up poking several kms out into the Darwin harbour on a hot day since its one continual length of track from one end of the continent to the other!

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Ferremit posted:

Apparently if the Adelaide to Darwin railway wasn't VERY firmly clipped down to its sleepers it would end up poking several kms out into the Darwin harbour on a hot day since its one continual length of track from one end of the continent to the other!

Just to be clear, rail temperature is closely monitored and adjusted with propane heaters when laid, and it's only clipped or anchored down once it's up to proper temp. On hot days it's only just beginning to grow, and only extremely hot days do the sun kink warnings go out.

Sounds interesting for a funny story, but you should know it isn't completely true.

NoWake fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 6, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Oh my god

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh man that thing is hilarious. :roflolmao:

I need that on a tee.

*edit: hooray! http://jeffarcel.com/?beisbol

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 6, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I was in two minds about this simply because it's on some weird Akira kinda tip but then the multiple badges claiming it's an Audi... I wish I knew more about this, I pulled these photos off some Japanese guy's instagram account.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

88h88 posted:

I was in two minds about this simply because it's on some weird Akira kinda tip but then the multiple badges claiming it's an Audi... I wish I knew more about this, I pulled these photos off some Japanese guy's instagram account.

I would ride mini stabby battle tank every drat day

:catbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

88h88 posted:

Anime... not even once.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Looks like a Picasso piece.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

88h88 posted:

Wrong thread.

SneakyFrog posted:

:hfive:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I've had a really loving lovely day and this saved me from certain despair.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Haha and I thought hockey logos were bad. I'm gonna have to cross post that.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

88h88 posted:

sorta reminds me of a krauser domani. but the proportions and such aren't quite right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krauser_Domani

EDIT: it's an audi powered corda 3wd sidecar

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 6, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gomi Day posted:

sorta reminds me of a krauser domani. but the proportions and such aren't quite right.

:3: that itty bitty spoiler

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Gomi Day posted:

:stare: be still my beating heart

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

88h88 posted:

The badges also claim it is a diesel.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spog posted:

The badges also claim it is a diesel.

Well, they do have a 2.5l Turbodiesel that will work with the Audi Quattro drivetrain.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gomi Day posted:

Under 6 pounds per horsey. Out-drag a Mustang GT350R!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
I have the beisbolcats tshirt and its my favourite

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Same here, got mine just in time for opening day.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

I loving hated that road.

"Hey where do you live?" "Oh off beltline." "....which loving city"

One of the Papa John's I worked at was on Beltline. In north Dallas.

"What do you mean you don't deliver to Desoto?! You're on Beltline right?" Yes.. yes we are. The other end of Beltline... the one that's an hour away from you, and not even in the same city.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SneakyFrog posted:

drat right.

Also this, it's like an 80s sci fi toy, and that is extremely my poo poo

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

Almost made it!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

El Laucha posted:

Almost made it!

A single stay at home mom found one weird trick to save money on rustproofing - autoshops HATE her

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gomi Day posted:

Holy poo poo. Normally I hate sidecars because I can't help but fixate on how much better the bike would be without this great stupid third wheel thing attached. But in this case it's like...an organic, fundamental side car vehicle that you could never reduce to a motorcycle, and it uses an engine/drivetrain that was always more suited to a car than a bike in the first place. Magnificent in every way.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slavvy posted:

Holy poo poo. Normally I hate sidecars because I can't help but fixate on how much better the bike would be without this great stupid third wheel thing attached. But in this case it's like...an organic, fundamental side car vehicle that you could never reduce to a motorcycle, and it uses an engine/drivetrain that was always more suited to a car than a bike in the first place. Magnificent in every way.

and it looks like a mecha head. Its like something 11 year old me would draw and its awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Great. Now I want a Jaguar for the sole purpose of painting Brack on there.