Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

I am already online, waiting for Ops!

Also, where is Nico Okarr's poo poo in Collections? Is it just not in there and if I trash it I can't get a new set? The speeder is in there.

It's not added to collections but it's bind to legacy so if you trashed it just make a new toon and send theirs to your main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darium
May 2, 2016

Medullah posted:

It's essentially the same as 3.0 (Shadow of Revan) but simplified. I cover some of the changes in the first few posts of this thread, but probably the only two biggies are the removal of individual main stats, combining them all into Mastery, and the removal of the need to gear companions, their performance is based on Influence level (formerly Affection).

Commando healing is solid in PvE, but bad in PvP.

Thanks for putting the work in, just went over what you wrote, looks like I will stick with it for pve, which one would you recommend for PVP healing nowadays?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Darium posted:

Thanks for putting the work in, just went over what you wrote, looks like I will stick with it for pve, which one would you recommend for PVP healing nowadays?

Right now easy mode PvP healing and DPS is Sage/Sorc (Balance/Madness for DPS).

It's ridiculous - you can go from almost dead to full health as a DPS in a span of seconds if you know what you're doing. Healing you're just an unstoppable force to 95% of the player base.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Right now easy mode PvP healing and DPS is Sage/Sorc (Balance/Madness for DPS).

It's ridiculous - you can go from almost dead to full health as a DPS in a span of seconds if you know what you're doing. Healing you're just an unstoppable force to 95% of the player base.

You beat on the sorcerer for the duration of several DPS cooldowns, and just as he's finally getting low on health, he pushes the "force field" button, and then you have to start all over again. :cry:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Medullah posted:

Take them out of box and you should get a new timer on them. The box is now permanently bound since you opened it, but once you take them out the new timer should kick in.

Thank you for this, you just saved me a lot of grief (and got me a few million more credits)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

You beat on the sorcerer for the duration of several DPS cooldowns, and just as he's finally getting low on health, he pushes the "force field" button, and then you have to start all over again. :cry:

Don't white bar them before they bubble so you can stunlock/interrupt them to death shortly after. Or have a competent Merc on your team.

Pressure works well too...Sorcs are mediocre AoE healers.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Double XP is really nice, I've gotten 3 toons up to level 20 on their starting planets (along with legacy class mission XP perks).

When I eventually start playing their class stories post-prologue (haven't even finished my first toon yet, Agent), definitely going to have to read a synopsis of the story so far for each toon.

On the topic of playing Imp / Pub simultaneously, I've discovered that I like playing the same cross-faction classes, as it makes remembering rotations and which-button-does-what easier.

So atm playing my Marksman Sniper and Gunslinger Sharpshooter simultaneously means that combat goes by much faster as muscle memory takes over and the same rotation applies. Previously I had been trying to play my Agent concurrently with a Guardian and kept making combat more tedious for myself by stuffing up pressing keys.

Thank you for reading my journal.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Since you guys aren't very active anymore, I assume that Harbinger would be the best place to transfer my character?

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I find your lack of faith disturbing. I'm counting on goons to rally during summer so I can finally run some more operations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Since you guys aren't very active anymore, I assume that Harbinger would be the best place to transfer my character?

I'm not very active right now, but I'm going to be back in the swing of things in a couple of weeks, I promise. :)

Darium
May 2, 2016
Trying to abuse the poo poo out of this dobbelt xp time to get up in levels.

Migrating from playing on EU to US, losing all my legacy perks (even the paid ones) yurk, makes me sad, so much convinience :P

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Darium posted:

Migrating from playing on EU to US, losing all my legacy perks (even the paid ones) yurk, makes me sad, so much convinience :P
Unless something's changed since I migrated a few years ago, if you transfer a character, the legacy should be transferred along with that character.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Alexander DeLarge posted:

i tried playing on jedi consular at first so i could eventually join up with goons, but i ended up transferring to harbinger. being able to grab random pvp instances at any time of day is real real important to me. on consular, pvp pop times were kinda long even during peak hours and were completely nonexistent the rest of the time. that was a dealbreaker for me.

but, i also do not care at all even a little bit about doing endgame stuff. i like leveling characters, doing the story, and being able to do random group content whenever.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

prefect posted:

I haven't played the latest chapter yet (I am shameful), but does the gun's name mean that Corso is in this one?

Nah Corso's blaster's were Torchy and Flashy. On a sidenote I've almost completed the desired "look" for my toon....a Cathar in a trenchcoat riding a dinosaur...

Regarding Harbinger....
Are we actually active there? I have 34 toons there and 16 on Jed Cov. I know goons used to be active there, but not so much anymore since server merging.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think honestly there are goons that are active on alot of servers, but we've never been a super "active" guild. Sure there were time periods where we were running a couple pick up raids here and there during the week and we've had a hard mode group that ran for about a year but never really got past hard into nightmare. This games goons are pretty much a "log in and do single player stuff" group.

If endgame stuff is your goal, sadly goons are not your people here. There will always be about 3-6 people who say "I want to raid!" but it rarely goes higher than that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JazzPaws posted:

Nah Corso's blaster's were Torchy and Flashy. On a sidenote I've almost completed the desired "look" for my toon....a Cathar in a trenchcoat riding a dinosaur...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Corso_Riggs%27s_weapons

B
Bitsy (rocket launcher)

F
Flashy

H
Hewie

S
Sergeant Boom-Boom
Sparkles

T
Torchy

Sometimes I'm just so proud of the Internet. :patriot:

(And it's this kind of goofy poo poo that makes me wonder why so many people don't like Corso. He's awesome!)

prefect fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 7, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So what are the best value, best quality of life purchases you can make with cartel coins?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Trast posted:

So what are the best value, best quality of life purchases you can make with cartel coins?

Rocket boots and its associated cool downs. Can't be purchased with credits so go nuts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trast posted:

Quick travel cooldown reductions, fleet pass cooldown reductions.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Travel to your private ship.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
All of the above can be bought for credits as well I think.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

What exactly is the rocket boost? As far as I can tell, it gives you the same speed boost as a mount that lasts only for 12 seconds.

Is the main benefit of rocket boost that you can use it in areas where you can't use a mount?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

What exactly is the rocket boost? As far as I can tell, it gives you the same speed boost as a mount that lasts only for 12 seconds.

Is the main benefit of rocket boost that you can use it in areas where you can't use a mount?

Pretty much yes. There are a number of instanced areas where you have to run back to the entrance for something and can't use a mount.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Kurieg posted:

I'm intimidating, I don't need the Golgothan occupying space on my ship.

this was yesterday but whatever gently caress it, giving props for comparing skadge to a poo poo golem

It's the best comparison/character summary ive seen yet

Darium
May 2, 2016

Sombrerotron posted:

Unless something's changed since I migrated a few years ago, if you transfer a character, the legacy should be transferred along with that character.

Yea wanted to do something along these lines, but due to some retarded laws in Europe about digital rights to privacy ect ect, they no longer allow transfers between the continents. So I got hosed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yup. Also it goes the same speed as the level 3 riding ability, I think, so it gets a lot of use with low level characters.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

It's also able to be used without breaking stealth

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Darium posted:

Yea wanted to do something along these lines, but due to some retarded laws in Europe about digital rights to privacy ect ect, they no longer allow transfers between the continents. So I got hosed.

This changed last week. You can transfer anywhere now, though of course cross-country servers are more expensiv

Darium
May 2, 2016

Medullah posted:

This changed last week. You can transfer anywhere now, though of course cross-country servers are more expensiv

Thats amazing news, thanks for letting me know!
Well the price might be higher, but to be honest, it will still be a down step from having to rebuy all the perks again.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Playing again for the first time in forever. Any goons play on Jedi Covenant?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Playing again for the first time in forever. Any goons play on Jedi Covenant?

The op is accurate, but joining the chat channel may be best for an invite

e: well nobody responded to me asking in the channel, so do the search and msg method

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 8, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is it just me, or did the production values in the latest episode feel much higher than previously? New assets, decent cutscenes, even the writing and dialogue felt better than usual.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

They probably had extra time to devote to it since the previous episode was a dream quest with uncle Valkorian and basically nothing else.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

It definitely felt like a step up from the previous chapters. I was expecting a very meh experience as I don't feel strongly about Gault or Vette, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Darium posted:

Trying to abuse the poo poo out of this dobbelt xp time to get up in levels.

Are any of the EU servers active? I'm probably going to be doing the opposite (I've temporarily moved to an EU timezone.)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Terces posted:

It definitely felt like a step up from the previous chapters. I was expecting a very meh experience as I don't feel strongly about Gault or Vette, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah same! I'm disappointed I didn't get the opportunity to tell Kaliyo to get the gently caress out of my alliance though. She killed our own members with friendly fire and blames them? Liability much! But no, "we must learn from this, friends"

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So I am level 36. Playing the game for the first time in a while. Is it okay to do the story quests and stuff or should I be doing dungeons instead?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So I am level 36. Playing the game for the first time in a while. Is it okay to do the story quests and stuff or should I be doing dungeons instead?

The cool thing about this game is the XP is so crazy you can do whatever you want. Right now with 2x XP for subscribers you can do JUST class missions and level to 65, or you could do some PvP, or Flashpoints, etc. Whatever you want to do, it'll get you to 65 easily.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Purple quests and crystal gear should be more than sufficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Okay. I wanna go through the story missions anyways since this is my first character. I'll worry about raiding and whatever later. Is there any auction house type thing? I just noticed my Slicing is in the mid 300s but my Armormech is at 1 so I was wondering if I can buy mats in bulk to level it up?

• Locked thread