Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the junior doctors' strike – Jeremy Hunt has dismissed the Labour-brokered proposal to dissuade junior doctors from the first all-out strike in NHS history as ‘opportunism’"

Telegraph:

Barack Obama says he was 'robbed' after missing putt during round of golf with David Cameron

Independent:

Hillary Clinton urges Britain to remain in the European Union

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Brexit campaigners take their lead from Prince - Chris Riddell on the EU referendum"
A breed fault on a Govehund is when the glasses' temples become embedded in the head-flesh.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the EU referendum – Home secretary calls for Britain to leave the European convention on human rights but remain a member of the EU"

Telegraph:

Times:

Junior doctors' strike: Hospitals 'coped well'

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the junior doctors' strike – Four-fifths of junior doctors took part in their first all-out strike in NHS history, in an escalation of the campaign against the new contract Jeremy Hunt intends to impose" After John Harris.

Telegraph:

BHS collapses into administration as rescue deal fails

Independent:

Hillsborough inquests: Fans unlawfully killed, jury concludes

Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bloody hell, warn me in future before you post things like condomhorse. :psyduck:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Bloody hell, warn me in future before you post things like condomhorse. :psyduck:
Earlier this week Cameron was Obama's horse in a different cartoon and Bell's Cameron in his condom-human incarnation wore a bridle all through the phone tapping inquiry.
Which all adds up to...

In other news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7DRJx9nbU

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 28, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The thread tag was chosen for a reason.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Hillsborough disaster – The ‘unlawful killing’ of the 96 football fans was a crime, committed in a very real conflict – the police, the establishment, parts of the press, they were all in it together"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Do you suppose in 2020, Cameron will take the condom off his head revealing his true face like the end of a Scooby-Doo episode.
It was _______ all along!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Do you suppose in 2020, Cameron will take the condom off his head revealing his true face like the end of a Scooby-Doo episode.
It was _______ all along!
The pig?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Ken Livingstone being suspended from the Labour party – Jeremy Corbyn has been forced to suspend his close ally Ken Livingstone for making inflammatory remarks about Hitler and Zionism, after facing a revolt among Labour MPs about antisemitism within the party"

Telegraph:

Independent:

David Cameron and Brendan Barber urge Remain vote

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Corbyn and Labour's struggles – Jeremy Corbyn has conceded it was “not a happy day” when he was forced to suspend his friend and longtime ally Ken Livingstone, but he insisted he is determined to take action against antisemitism in the Labour party"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rupert Murdoch's advice to his readers - Chris Riddell on the media magnet’s thoughts on Hillsborough and the EU referendum"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent:

After Francesco Mattei. (Can't find source, apologies.)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That's not how you spell "magnate"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trin Tragula posted:

Ha! Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. The Grauniad strikes again.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Trin Tragula posted:

Rupe is both a magnet for media and a media magnate.

And generally magnetic. He can wipe a hard-drive.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party's May Day – Jeremy Corbyn faced further calls for a tougher crackdown on antisemitism within Labour on Sunday after one of his allies dismissed the crisis as a “smear” against the party and its members"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Zac Goldsmith criticised by former Tory minister Baroness Warsi over Sadiq Khan 7/7 London terror bus image

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nicola Sturgeon's hopes for independence – The SNP leader is under pressure from her political rivals over her planned drive this summer to build support for a second independence referendum"

Telegraph:

David Cameron says friendship with Boris Johnson damaged by Brexit

Independent:

Mail:
Mac on... New restaurant tipping rules

'The restaurant, Gerald. Where you got food poisoning...did you leave a tip?'

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

People often go out to eat at the weekends, so this cartoon indicates that the NHS is in fact 24/7. Good Mac.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Being gentlemen, they're using flintlock duelling pistols.
Being bastards, they refuse to walk twenty paces away from each other.
Or Adams (?) can't draw hands or guns. Good he didn't sign it

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 4, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on primary school testing – Parents kept children out of primary schools on Tuesday in a national “strike” in protest at tougher tests, although the numbers involved appear to have been small"

Telegraph:

Leicester champions after Spurs draw - reaction

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...Leicester City's 5,000/1 title win

Guardian Sport:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So I get it's Leicester City & all, but making Corbyn wear a blue t-shirt with KING on the front of it is a bit funny.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Is there a joke here or is this just an illustration of kids taking a test? Is it that the desks are too big and they're sitting on cushions because they're small? That's...weak.

I didn't get what was going on with his Ken Livingston cartoon either so I might be developing Bell-blindness.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Is there a joke here or is this just an illustration of kids taking a test? Is it that the desks are too big and they're sitting on cushions because they're small? That's...weak.

I didn't get what was going on with his Ken Livingston cartoon either so I might be developing Bell-blindness.
It's not so much a joke as a horrible truth: very young children are being made to take the same kind of dull, rote, mechanistic, stressful (they now get categorised as a binary Success/Failure at an early age) Victorian-style tests as much older children - hence their needing boxes to sit on to reach the big desks. It's possibly also a reference to The Wall. A Grim Cartoon.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

It's a pretty common "Sweatshop" style image.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Fans posted:

It's a pretty common "Sweatshop" style image.

Exactly. An illustration of fact not a take on it.

Maybe it's cultural since this has been happening in the US for decades.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not sure even being American excuses thinking Bell's too subtle.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Exactly. An illustration of fact not a take on it.

Maybe it's cultural since this has been happening in the US for decades.

It truly is a mystery as to what Bell thinks about the issue, if only there were certain clues

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All children are provided with a comfortable cushion and placed in a distraction-free environment to concentrate on the test. Clearly.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:siren::sotw::siren::britain::siren: LOCAL ELECTION DAY!!!!! :siren::britain::siren::sotw::siren:

Scottish Parliament, Welsh and Northern Irish Assemblies, London and some other places' Mayorships, PCCs, and others are having elections today! Go out and scrawl an X next to your choice before 10pm!

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and the US presidential election – Republican party resistance to Donald Trump crumbled as his sole remaining opponent conceded there was no chance of preventing the New York businessman from becoming the nominee"

Telegraph:

David Cameron: Donald Trump deserves respect

Independent:

Times:

David Cameron announces concessions on child refugees

Mail:
Mac on... Today's elections

Guardian Australian Sport:

:siren: Situations Vacant! :siren:
The New Statesman are looking for a new cartoonist! Take your first steps into the murky world of political cartooning, and we'll be saying "Why do we like [you] again?" before you know it!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the London mayoral campaign – Cameron had hit out at Sadiq Khan for appearing on platforms with a London imam who ‘supports Isis’ – despite the imam having supported the Tories"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson's London legacy: a happy megacity loved by the world, but not by Britain

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The local elections

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I've spent five minutes trying to decipher what the landmarks are supposed to spell. First I looked at the silhouettes, then at the negative space, but to no avail. Then I thought that maybe they are supposed to be a graph of Boris's approval rating, but it's not that either, clearly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Paladinus posted:

I've spent five minutes trying to decipher what the landmarks are supposed to spell. First I looked at the silhouettes, then at the negative space, but to no avail. Then I thought that maybe they are supposed to be a graph of Boris's approval rating, but it's not that either, clearly.
Solved it.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Paladinus posted:

Yeah I think it's just landmarks. The question is; is the implication he'll get stuck on the zip wire and unable to enter No. 10?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Paladinus posted:

I just assumed it was a riff on the Londonist logo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tony Blair and Labour's election results – For Jeremy Corbyn and his allies, this was a step in the right direction. Bottom line: Corbyn’s enemies expected – maybe even wanted – a meltdown and they didn’t get it"

Telegraph;

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The end of the Goldsmith campaign - Chris Riddell on the London mayoral race"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent:

After James Princip Beadle.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservatives and the London mayoral election – David Cameron is under pressure to justify Zac Goldsmith’s London mayoral campaign, after the leader of Muslim Conservatives called it a disgusting and risible attempt to smear Labour’s winning candidate, Sadiq Khan"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

You can see the water line on the bricks. Rowson you pro.
Who's the poo poo and the guy floating in the back?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

J_RBG posted:

You can see the water line on the bricks. Rowson you pro.
Who's the poo poo and the guy floating in the back?

Take a guess.

It's Zac Goldsmith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Extreme0 posted:

Take a guess.

It's Zac Goldsmith.

Gutted