Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Foehammer007 posted:

battlefield 5?

they're calling it battlefield 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Blazing Zero posted:

its amazing how fast you people can flip the script on people just because of what ~side~ theyre on

It's all about how you leave. Rational adults can disagree and still be polite.

Some people just go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore" and quietly leave, and that's fine and great -- Vyst, Vily, the Groon crew, some of the BAT/BOS guys.

Others go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore, and I'm gonna steal/awox/spy a bunch of poo poo on my way out. Get dunked on." It's a little more antagonistic, but you know, it's all in game, and that's fair game. Ex: Mandozer, or Rhea, or Doc Weed.

And then some go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore, and I'm gonna air out everyone's dirty laundry and try to make you look bad in public." Not only is it antagonistic, but they go past "I wrecked you in game" and into "I want to attack your reputation and make you feel bad as a person." Think Lemba, Angelique, and Blawrf.

At least when PL spies on me, I expect it. They're playing the game -- a dirty game, but a game that I've largely opted into playing. It's marginally more tolerable to me than having an acquaintance stab me in the back on their way out, and then try to fake a continued friendship and tell me that they stabbed me for my own good and I'll thank them once I come around. That's why I have a modicum of respect for Dozer -- he owns up to his backstabs, rather than this fake saccharine concernpost garbage.

All things considered, I'm more likely to buy a beer at Fanfest for Grath, or Gobbins, or even Gen Eve, than I am to buy one for the not so dearly departed.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 6, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paging Ullerm, don't know if you want to do it but the info/schedule for EVE_NT Winter 2016 is up.

quote:

After the success of the previous season EVE_NT EVEsports will continue in a new format bringing more competitive EVE game-play to the table in a brand new format. We will present two seasons a year, one winter and one spring, with an ample break for the Alliance Tournament organised by CCP. If you would like to see any of the previous matches please check out our youtube.

The next season will commence on the 2nd of October 2016 and will run for 8 weeks split over two leagues. Captains from the previous season will be invited to populate the positions they earned by their previous accomplishments and the remaining spots will be opened to the public after the 31st of May 2016. Details on how to apply will be available very soon.

Rules for both leagues will be the same however we have split them up to represent the level and quality of the teams participating. We will have the Lower Tier League (thanks Chessur) where new combatants get a chance to prove their worth in EVEsports and a Top tier league (provisionally known as the EVE-Bet League). Prizes for the two leagues are obviously graded by the position the teams end up at the end of the season.
For each leagues specific participants please see their appropriate tabs below (soonTM).

http://www.eve-nt.uk/eve_nt-evesports/

Edit - It's basically using the Code A/Code S system from GSL in Starcraft 2 if you can't figure it out.

ullerrm posted:

Vily, some of the BAT/BOS guys.

Except Vily, BAT, & BOS have all been poo poo the moment they left despite what you're saying. I get your point, but to say that those people were treated well when they left because they didn't throw a "gently caress you guys I'm out" post up on the way is disingenuous.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 6, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

All things considered, I'm more likely to buy a beer at Fanfest for Gen Eve, than I am to buy one for the not so dearly departed.

:pusheen:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

VideoGames posted:

Have a screenshot of Boulder, thread :D

But...but I called my Procurer 'Boulder'...:(

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Zephyrine is and always has been a dumb whiny oval office

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

Some people just go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore" and quietly leave, and that's fine and great -- Vyst, Vily, the Groon crew, some of the BAT/BOS guys.

Others go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore, and I'm gonna steal/awox/spy a bunch of poo poo on my way out. Get dunked on." It's a little more antagonistic, but you know, it's all in game, and that's fair game. Ex: Mandozer, or Rhea, or Doc Weed.

And then some go "GSF isn't my cup of tea anymore, and I'm gonna air out everyone's dirty laundry and try to make you look bad in public." Not only is it antagonistic, but they go past "I wrecked you in game" and into "I want to attack your reputation and make you feel bad as a person." Think Lemba, Angelique, and Blawrf.

At least when PL spies on me, I expect it. They're playing the game -- a dirty game, but a game that I've largely opted into playing. It's marginally more tolerable to me than having an acquaintance stab me in the back on their way out, and then try to fake a continued friendship and tell me that they stabbed me for my own good and I'll thank them once I come around. That's why I have a modicum of respect for Dozer -- he owns up to his backstabs, rather than this fake saccharine concernpost garbage.

All things considered, I'm more likely to buy a beer at Fanfest for Grath, or Gobbins, or even Gen Eve, than I am to buy one for the not so dearly departed.

nah dude, vyst left and EVERYONE IS making GBS threads ON HIM FOR LEAVING, and not just me because i dont like him

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Oh poo poo I didn't move VGS poo poo. I taught him about contracts though :3:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

ullerrm posted:

Not that there's anything super wrong with making anyone feel bad as a person because of dumb spaceship stuff, but it does advance things further along the 'time before being told to get hosed' tracker. Reputations are a real thing, who would have thought?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except Vily, BAT, & BOS have all been poo poo the moment they left despite what you're saying. I get your point, but to say that those people were treated well when they left because they didn't throw a "gently caress you guys I'm out" post up on the way is disingenuous.

vily was poo poo when he was in, most of the bat guys are fine, some of the bos guys are fine and some are insanely bitter

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

some are insanely bitter

But enough about the GSF defense force of Querns, EvilWeasel and their lesser imitators. :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:eonwe:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah dude, vyst left and EVERYONE IS making GBS threads ON HIM FOR LEAVING, and not just me because i dont like him

He left and I told him I didn't particularly like him but that he did a bang up job on auth stuff which was a hot mess prior to him. I don't think personally liking someone is necessary for having respect for them. Hell I've got a whole list of people who I think are great at the game, but that if you locked me in a mumble channel with them I'd go mad.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't move VGS poo poo. I taught him about contracts though :3:

Syndic you reached a new level of loving baked/drunk last night. I'm legitimately impressed that you are still breathing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

He left and I told him I didn't particularly like him but that he did a bang up job on auth stuff which was a hot mess prior to him. I don't think personally liking someone is necessary for having respect for them. Hell I've got a whole list of people who I think are great at the game, but that if you locked me in a mumble channel with them I'd go mad.

i mean im not making GBS threads on him for leaving, im just still not..not making GBS threads on him if you get me

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016
God, did D-Tier Streamer "Scaredpanda" really got to join HABIT?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

This is really my EVE experience. I can respect people and their contributions to EVE and Goonfleet without liking them. Deadtear is a good example of this. I can't stand him like at all, and I think he's a generally horrible person on the Internet, but he did a bang up job as a moderator which is why I recommended him to all of the higher ups to be my replacement. With that said I had enough respect to ask him if he was even interested in taking the job back if I was gone.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Syndic you reached a new level of loving baked/drunk last night. I'm legitimately impressed that you are still breathing.

I am loving hurting man

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

p7hk9 posted:

When Harry would come to JU- and camp us, we'd give him legitimate advice on how to be a better ganker. He never listened because he figured any advice from Goons was bad and we were trying to trick him. He'd never give up his Warp Core Stabilizers for damage mods :shobon:

I'm pretty sure EG or some other group gave him 10 purifiers for Christmas. They are probably still locked in the VFK station :v:

He too my advice though. Well, one time. Then he stopped an I'm not really sure why.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

I am loving hurting man

You asked us where the camp was setup like 8 times last night.

Dramatic Reconstruction

"Oh god where the gently caress are you guys at"

"XXX System on the xyz gate"

"I've got like five clients uh I'm in x36..."

*LONG SILENCE*

"Uh where the gently caress are you guys at"

"*laughter* XXX system on the xyz gate, we're going into XYZ to kill ______"

"Man I got cockblocked by some BITCH tonight, I logged in my booster"

*Long silence*

"Where the gently caress are you guys at?"

It went on like that for about 30 minutes with you loudly demanding we tell you where we were, us answering then you forgetting and asking ever louder.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
rhea is space famous now

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Black ops comms are pretty great :allears: Omar was doing a great voice yesterday too

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
That doesn't sound like something I'd do at all! I do recall someone else logged in and I was like DON'T WORRY MAN THEY AREN'T IN loving YKSC!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is he the guy who stole less than ordo? I thought that was bloodspike.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

That doesn't sound like something I'd do at all! I do recall someone else logged in and I was like DON'T WORRY MAN THEY AREN'T IN loving YKSC!

Ask Rydis about it she was cracking up the entire time.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Rhea bloodspike

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

I had no idea it was an option until it was offered. So I accepted. I felt I could spend that isk on better things.

To be fair Ted should probably take an evening and just return all the isk on his own initiative to the people who donated for the JU- XL citadel.

If an XL citadel looks feasible some time in the future. The project can be restarted again. And the people who believe in it can donate then.

I think everyone who gave isk was smart enough to realize that there was a chance......good chance that their jew-money might not result in what Theta wanted to build....aka 'schitt happens'.

Don't be a Indian Giver, seriously.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Do you remember a five minute long drunken diatribe about how you were really good at eve online then your sabre getting blown up? Because by that point I had just cloaked up and settled down to watch/laugh.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I do in fact. I am very good at this game~~~

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Hmmm, maybe you were looking at a different screen than I was because I clearly recall SpaceDad setting up drops on reds in Dek as well as in PB. Granted they do rat but when it comes time to stomp some arse, I didn't see them docking up.

Still, not judging.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Vando posted:

So that's GSOL and Theta covered, any other groups you'd like to inform us are utterly useless and the cancer that is killing Goonfleet?

SNOO but fawk, that's a given.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
are you 12 or a mid 40s facebook mom because you can say poo poo and gently caress here

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I meant to reply to you syndic, obviously you are probably top 2 chillest dudes on eve on the on the line.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
although no one beats travis wells

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

You should have made this post on reddit for like 150 karma. Here people will point out it's bullshit and their words can't be voted away.

If you honestly believe an org dedicated to:
- helping newer players make money
- helping established players get space-rich
- enacting strategies to discourage roaming the homeland
- min/maxing in a game that is utterly based on it
- leaping to one another's aid

is "all that is wrong" then I sure hope you come tell us what you think is 'right' because it'll be a pretty loving sad read. For most goons (particularly green-from-sa-goons) their formative eve experiences are bumbling into rocks, blowing up and asking for help, and being showered with free attention and help by theta. They're the reason our newbie retention rates are significantly higher than your average eve pubby who starts the game and quits before they've trained destroyers.

What's sad is that you've swallowed the "goons just rat in dek and dont do anything else lol hurrrrrrr" line without a single moment of rational thought applied and regurgitated it in a post without such either.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

goddamn did you really go for loving theta. of all the hills to die on thats the dumbest

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
stop asking talking about karma man jesus

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wait i get it, horde are probably wailing about theta because they're actually doing things against them, you just didn't apply any thought as to why PH might be talking-mad about theta

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i like the chest beating against everyone can join PH group group talk, cause it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
"hey we beat PH today guys, lets post 500 words about it yarr"

im being lame sorry bros i try to be more chill

• Locked thread