Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Why did they lower dropdeck tonnage again? I was running 2timber 2 crows last time, now its 250 again.

You answered your own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Done with the scouting event, good riddance. I will totally help other people with it now though. Time to flame and shoot butts.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Good CW games tonight. We lost the first two or three, but after that we just went on a loving tear.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Skoll posted:

Good CW games tonight. We lost the first two or three, but after that we just went on a loving tear.

Fantastic matches. Enemy has long toms? Engage at close range and take them with us :black101:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Great Beer posted:

Fantastic matches. Enemy has long toms? Engage at close range and take them with us :black101:

That was fun to listen to, while I was attempting to scout that planet.

"The long tom is gone! Push! Oh poo poo it's back!" *listen to half of the goon team die*

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was hit more by long toms than direct fire that game.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Warhammers are up for C-Bills. I can't stress enough how awesome these mechs are and how people need to buy them right now. You're welcome in advance.

Riflemen are up for MC. Don't buy them with MC. We'll laugh at you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Stringbean posted:

Warhammers are up for C-Bills. I can't stress enough how awesome these mechs are and how people need to buy them right now. You're welcome in advance.

Riflemen are up for MC. Don't buy them with MC. We'll laugh at you.

All of this is accurate. Warhammers are solid machines.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Cent AL with three large lasers and two SRM fours hurts a lot

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Don't buy Riflemen*

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Are Streak-Crows in scouting going to get nerfed soon?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Yeah, use ecm and large lasers

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

4x triple-ams novas or kitfoxes

I wonder if that would actually even put a dent in a stormcrow's damage.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

taqueso posted:

4x triple-ams novas or kitfoxes

I wonder if that would actually even put a dent in a stormcrow's damage.

That won't be possible in CW

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Streakcrows are p. easy to deal with in scouting. You can shoot them in the legs, while they're spreading their damage everywhere.

shoot them in the legs with tanky mediums, move on to the next one, laugh as they all do 500 damage and don't actually kill any of you

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Onkel Hedwig posted:

That won't be possible in CW

Oh right. Clan

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Bring lunchbox sps

Laugh at streakcrows

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Streakcrows are seriously a trap for clans in scouting, they work great against lights but against mediums they're boned

also solo CWing for the event: so many Bads who can't shoot straight arguing that LRMs are the best

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Any flavor of hunchback owns the gently caress out of a streakcrow.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

THe only time I feared streakcrows was when I was chaining back to back solo games in my locust 1V to gobble up those last 80 intel points.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I will say this: the recon event made me a MUCH better medium pilot. I did a few solo drops in my AC20 hunchback and my SRM hunchback and got 350 and 400 damage games respectively. This time last month a good medium mech game for me was 250,.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
When do beardads drop?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Random Number posted:

When do beardads drop?

May 17

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Crows aren't that scary in scouting. The only ones that are tough to deal with are the pulse laser boats, everything else you can just shoot in the massive unquirked leg and move on. They don't stand up well to Griffins, Crabs, Hunchbacks, Blackjacks, or Shadowhawks.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They are very effective against locusts though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Ugh I want the bear dad

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Is the Warhammer going to be available for CBills when the Beardad drops? Because I want Warhammers with my Beardads.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

i believe warham for spacebucks is available now, or very least on the next patch.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Can confirm the warham is available now for cb.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Xenothral posted:

Is the Warhammer going to be available for CBills when the Beardad drops? Because I want Warhammers with my Beardads.

Do you skim pages? Because on this very page I said "Warhammers are available for c-bills, buy it right now."

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Stringbean posted:

Do you skim pages? Because on this very page I said "Warhammers are available for c-bills, buy it right now."

Unrelated but we confused a pubbie for you last night. He was stringbeans or something like that. Unfortunately we didn't notice until after we had showered him with goon love. Or as some people call it, verbal abuse.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
SOME SUGGESTED MECHS WHICH WILL UTTERLY WRECK STREAKCROWS (AND MOST CLAN ROBOTS IN SCOUTING MODE)

HBK-4G
Hit the legs a few times with the AC/20, profit

HBK-4P
Slightly heavier Blackjack-1X

HBK-4P
This is the classic 9ML Swayback build, which runs a bit hot but still does work

HBK-4SP
SRM brawler. Can play with missile ammo/one extra ML/flamers if you like. Literally as tanky as a 75-tonner

GRF-3M
Make them chew through that left arm, then switch to the right. Very tanky and fast despite the XL

GRF-2N
A bit slow, but the ECM and flamers mean that Streakcrows will be useless once you get stuck in

SHD-2D2
My new favorite. The AC/10 makes a huge, huge difference. Amazing against lights as well -- can one-shot most side torsos.

Centurions will also do work, as will the SRM Trebuchet. Could try LL Wolverines and Enforcers as well, but those require coordination to abuse the range

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
so the Kodiak's claws are animated

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFOKx1DPjs/

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Great Beer posted:

Unrelated but we confused a pubbie for you last night. He was stringbeans or something like that. Unfortunately we didn't notice until after we had showered him with goon love. Or as some people call it, verbal abuse.

Yessssssssssssssssss

He's always been on the other team whenever I see him.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

SOME SUGGESTED MECHS WHICH WILL UTTERLY WRECK STREAKCROWS (AND MOST CLAN ROBOTS IN SCOUTING MODE)

HBK-4G
Hit the legs a few times with the AC/20, profit

HBK-4P
Slightly heavier Blackjack-1X

HBK-4P
This is the classic 9ML Swayback build, which runs a bit hot but still does work

HBK-4SP
SRM brawler. Can play with missile ammo/one extra ML/flamers if you like. Literally as tanky as a 75-tonner

GRF-3M
Make them chew through that left arm, then switch to the right. Very tanky and fast despite the XL

GRF-2N
A bit slow, but the ECM and flamers mean that Streakcrows will be useless once you get stuck in

SHD-2D2
My new favorite. The AC/10 makes a huge, huge difference. Amazing against lights as well -- can one-shot most side torsos.

Centurions will also do work, as will the SRM Trebuchet. Could try LL Wolverines and Enforcers as well, but those require coordination to abuse the range

I'll add this and some other stuff I've saved into the OP when I move into the barracks tomorrow. :dance:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'll add this and some other stuff I've saved into the OP when I move into the barracks tomorrow. :dance:

you're too good to us my man

also here are two extreme range laser builds from MetaMechs which would work well in CW:

QKD-5K

GHR-5P

The JJs make them interesting options over the BLR-2C. Definitely easy to get to better/interesting sniping positions that way

also teemerk where's that CW guide, i wanna read it

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Just added these to the scouting doc.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

:eyepop:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I run 8 lasers in my hunchback 4p, firing two groups of four on each mouse button, and another heatsink for much longer firing but either way that thing is basically walking death for streakcrows. No ammo isn't as super big a deal in shorter matches so pretty iffy benefit for scouting but I run it so much everywhere else that I use it anyway. Get all the modules and elite stuff and it's stupid fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I've been using a centurion AL with 3 lpl and an xl 265 (?). I've had more success with that then my SRM cent. Mostly because if you can track crows, you can eat their legs in 2 shots. I've also 1 shotted Jenners that have far too little back armor, but that's rare and only if they stop to get a better shot at someone. I want to get a griffin or a hunchback though, since they seem the best overall to handle clans.

• Locked thread