Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Hell loving yes Sydney looks awesome. Does this mean we can have an all girls crew now?

Say..
Clover, Bonnie, Sydney & Houston?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
^ Jacket on a technicality.

Crabtree posted:

LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL DRUM MAG.

Watch it be a LMG instead of an AR.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I can already see the forums bitching about how she's too tumblr/punk for them. Also HOW DARE SHE COST $4.99, I THOUGHT MICROTRANSACTIONS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE EVERYTHING FREE/OVERKILL PROMISED ME IN MY HEAD.:qq:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Almir is actually replying to the babies in a Steam thread and I feel sorry for him.

Also if course the first replies in the thread are complaining about Sydney's hair.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 6, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I love her hair. If she's appropriately excited for cop murder, I may have a new default character.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I pre-emptively didn't like Sydney based on the voice actor alone (terrible Final Fantasy 13 flashbacks) but after seeing the actual character and the whining about looking like a feminist on the steam forums, I may have to replace Jimmy when stoving.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't this a repeat of the same poo poo that was thrown at Clover and Bonny when they came out? I hope they play up her Australian accent a bit more since her natural voice has a weak accent from the sampling I seen.

For a while there was that inexplicable hate for John Wick.

Jimmy was a little bit of a missed opportunity not having him go full South African, but they needed to stay in line with Hardcore Henry not District 9 or Elysium.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

oohhboy posted:

Isn't this a repeat of the same poo poo that was thrown at Clover and Bonny when they came out?

Yes.

At this point, they should just add Megan Fox as a heister but call it the Shut The gently caress Up Already Pack

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The Zoë Sarkeesian character pack. 7.99, all proceeds to women's crisis services.

I can report that Facepunch is losing their poo poo, with about 60% of people complaining exactly along the anticipated lines. Enjoy:

Notanything;50268757 posted:

Ugly isn't the right word, but it's kind of unusual how almost every single one of the female heisters are very.. 'Colorful'? Flamboyant? Nothing inherently wrong with that, but I figure in a game about robbery and being a career criminal, you'd want to keep your appearance on the down low so nobody notices you before the thing even starts. The only male heisters that really stand out are the Crossover ones like Jacket, and Jimmy, because Jimmy's got bloodstains, and cocaine stains all over his suit on top of his freaky hair, and Jacket just doesn't fit in because of his namesakes jacket.

It's like Overkill doesn't want to create a female that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb whenever they're not wearing masks. Even Clover sticks out a little with her highlights and nose piercing. Most of the male heisters are rather unassuming in appearance, but once you get the women it's like this presence in the room you can't ignore.

kibbleknight;50268806 posted:

I don't really mean to be that guy or anything, but is it really impossible for us to have one regular, kinda okay looking, female character in this game?

They're either weird looking with decent hair or okay looking with bad hair.

For instance, Bonnie's preview picture where she had a full head of hair instead of her Jim Sterling haircut looked pretty okay, but the in-game hairstyle was just weird lookin'. Almost none of the male characters aside from Jimmy have seriously questionable hair or faces, barring how weird faces are in a game that doesn't have facial animations.

Dick Slamfist;50268892 posted:

wait why the gently caress does she have FINGERLESS gloves

that really defeats the purpose of having gloves in a crime scene

goddarnit you know if you like the "professional" look of 4 guys in suits you're hosed in this game :v:

PaperMartin;50268897 posted:

And of course the only AR with a drum mag will be part of a paid DLC.
Even though we know they can properly implement drum mag.

What's the point of not leaving fingerprints when everyone can see your tatoo,your awful haircut and maybe your face?

Dallas is generic as gently caress imo

GentlemanLexi;50268969 posted:

I was gonna say how people are overreacting, that not all females are meant to look like super model bimbos with massive tits and a thigh-gap.

but then I saw those sideburn tentacles and I realize that nothing matters anymore

those things will absorb your powers and power her tattoos

GentlemanLexi;50269299 posted:

she looks like her face got dragged across pavement for a couple of hours then slammed with a frying pan to try and get everything back into shape

Zeos;50270082 posted:

"Tumblr Hair" are you loving serious? Like have you legit never seen someone with an alt style before? It blows me away how many people poo poo on girls with dyed hair for dumb loving reasons.

The, uh, sideburns look super weird though

edit:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 6, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm continually pleased by Overkill seemingly doing everything they can to piss off entitled white male nerds with character releases.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I don't get why they don't like Sydney. I for one would like to rub her peach fuzz.

IFYAKNOWWHATIMSAYIN

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I can already see the forums bitching about how she's too tumblr/punk for them. Also HOW DARE SHE COST $4.99, I THOUGHT MICROTRANSACTIONS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE EVERYTHING FREE/OVERKILL PROMISED ME IN MY HEAD.:qq:

Welp looks like Sokol is being replaced as my #1 :swoon:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Goodbye Clover hello Sydney.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

Literally me right now

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

UnknownMercenary posted:

it really depends if she smokes cloakers better

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
The real question: how enthusiastic is she about cop murder? I judge characters solely on their comments about specials they have just killed.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
"Even Clover sticks out a little with her highlights and nose piercing."

I like how we're playing a game where you can walk around with a minigun and rocket launcher and still be considered incognito, yet a nose piercing and highlights are considered over the line.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And speaking of $4.99, HLM2 special edition is finally on sale.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
They missed an opportunity to give Sydney an Ed Hardy shirt.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

clockworkjoe posted:

The real question: how enthusiastic is she about cop murder? I judge characters solely on their comments about specials they have just killed.

RandallODim posted:

I love her hair. If she's appropriately excited for cop murder, I may have a new default character.

Right there with ya, buddy.

Also I missed this before but holy poo poo it's amazing:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I think I'm in love.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

I think I'm in love.

kinda embarrassed my first thought wasn't "this is skunkrocker's thing 100%"

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

I think I'm in love.

You're not supposed to have good opinions.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Goons falling in love with obviously-damaged women? I'm shocked!

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

watho posted:

You're not supposed to have good opinions.

skunkrocker pulls off the punk look super fine in person

LuciferMorningstar posted:

let's be fair. I gushed over jimmy and his piece of poo poo aesthetic :allears:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I mean Chains is an adrenaline junkie who pursues crime because he's convinced he's invincible and also has probably done war crimes (before the war crime dlc) and Dallas had a mid-life crisis and decided to get back into shooting cops to deal with it so it's not like the man heisters we fawn over are exactly well-adjusted and stable individuals, but that's not gonna stop anyone from loving Crimedad and his stupid sexy salt-and-pepper beard.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Wolf lost his mind after seeing his company get bled dry and became a full-on psychopath.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

watho posted:

Wolf lost his mind after seeing his company get bled dry and became a full-on psychopath.

Yeah but we've all been there.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

But will we get the other DLCs on a good discount. I still need to catch up with Goats and Point Blank. Mainly Goats for the shotgun.

But yeah, she looks aight.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

:grin:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I like that one dude who Vox quoted who said OVK could implement drum mags but chose not to for some reason. It's not that the reason why they don't have them as mods is because the engine can't give weapons different animations based on what mods they have, no. They had those finished assets just waiting for the proper time to monetize them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Wick was just a loving husband trying to get away from his past but no they had to drag him back in.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shima Honnou posted:

Wick was just a loving husband trying to get away from his past but no they had to drag him back in.

John Wick is the most exciting movie about a man relapsing into his self-destructive addiction in the face of personal loss.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Frankly this new character is long overdue, aussies are all idiot criminals with awful accents so it's good they finally have representation in this dumb crime game, imo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

widespread posted:

But will we get the other DLCs on a good discount. I still need to catch up with Goats and Point Blank. Mainly Goats for the shotgun.

But yeah, she looks aight.

I dunno, its hitting next Thursday so there's plenty of time for another sale/weekly/seasonal thing to hit around then too.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope she doesn't wear armor on her legs

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Finally got home to watch the trailer. Teaser is right. Still, those Docs, that mask, and her suit... I'm loving digging her character, and that new rifle doesn't look too shabby either... what is it? I see an AR15 style upper receiver.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

kinda embarrassed my first thought wasn't "this is skunkrocker's thing 100%"

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

skunkrocker pulls off the punk look super fine in person

Yeah, this is kind of my bag. Jacket was cool for the whole retrowave esthetic that Hotline has going for it, but this? She'll probably be my new favorite heister when the update drops. I will demand Sydney whenever I play.

To be fair I like all the Payday girls. I love Sydney the most, and we've literally seen her for all of one teaser trailer. My biggest problem is they all remind me of women I've dated.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

To be fair I like all the Payday girls. I love Sydney the most, and we've literally seen her for all of one teaser trailer. My biggest problem is they all remind me of women I've dated.

That was supposed to be bait. This is just depressing.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

That was supposed to be bait. This is just depressing.

Is it more depressing that when the Bonnie update dropped I went "Oh poo poo, this is my ex girlfriend, right down to the fat rear end, criminal record, and violence inducing alcohol abuse"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Skunkrocker posted:

Finally got home to watch the trailer. Teaser is right. Still, those Docs, that mask, and her suit... I'm loving digging her character, and that new rifle doesn't look too shabby either... what is it? I see an AR15 style upper receiver.

Some short barreled AR platform with a Troy Industries PDW style stock, HK diopter sights, and Beta-C mag.

Also holy moly there's been a lot added since I last played, nice