Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Nothing says click me like a link called "Killer Alien Vagina".

I clicked it because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ChubbyThePhat posted:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RareAcumen posted:

And easier than that is just clicking the link to find a video of what I linked embedded in the post.

But yeah, ADTRW, more scared of alien vaginas than Will Smith.

I like giving the ~original content creator~ the traffic as opposed to some random tumblr relinking stuff

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Eej posted:

I like giving the ~original content creator~ the traffic as opposed to some random tumblr relinking stuff

It's embedded in tumblr, not a reupload, so you're giving instagram the same traffic regardless

tumblr doesn't log views anyway or if it does it's invisible to the public

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Wait till you see what Murata did with it after he "processed" it.
We've all seen what happens to Genos after each fight

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Some people just don't appreciate modern art.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
After hearing about this in the Dragon Ball thread, I ended up watching the first season of the Anime, the OVAs, reading the web comic, then the original ONE version as well all in the past two weeks.

What now?

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

pik_d posted:

After hearing about this in the Dragon Ball thread, I ended up watching the first season of the Anime, the OVAs, reading the web comic, then the original ONE version as well all in the past two weeks.

What now?

Now...you suffer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

pik_d posted:

What now?

Maybe in a month or three we'll get a few more pages of the current ONE chapter.

Maybe.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Maybe ... go outside?

Eat?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Maybe in a month or three we'll get a few more pages of the current ONE chapter.

Maybe.

How fast does the Murata version come out? And will there be a season two of the Anime?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Maybe ... go outside?

Eat?

I can confirm I have recently done at least one of those two things

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

What now?

Now you read Helck.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RareAcumen posted:

Now you read Helck.

What the Helck is that?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

What the Helck is that?

"Helck!"

Helck, I need somebody
Helck, not just anybody
Helck, you know I need someone, Helllllck

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Helck is at the absolute worst point to catch up to at though. I blew through it last week and oh they're just about to show what's up with the king. Now let me hurry up and wait!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shawn posted:

Helck is at the absolute worst point to catch up to at though. I blew through it last week and oh they're just about to show what's up with the king. Now let me hurry up and wait!

Now you read through Assassination Classroom while you're waiting for Helck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

pik_d posted:

How fast does the Murata version come out? And will there be a season two of the Anime?

Every two weeks or so there's an update with Murata, season 2 of the anime will probably come out sometime after the current arc finishes in Murata's version. There's also a thread for ONE's version if you wanna talk about stuff that hasn't happened in Murata's version.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Every two weeks or so there's an update with Murata, season 2 of the anime will probably come out sometime after the current arc finishes in Murata's version. There's also a thread for ONE's version if you wanna talk about stuff that hasn't happened in Murata's version.

That doesn't seem so bad then. I saw that thread linked from this one earlier, it just seemed like there'd probably be more replies here.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

pik_d posted:

What the Helck is that?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/helck-r17710/
You're welcome.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

What are the advantages of bato.to and kissmanga.com because they seem like kinda the same thing to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

What are the advantages of bato.to and kissmanga.com because they seem like kinda the same thing to me.

Well with Kissmanga you can pick a chapter and have all the images open so you only need to keep scrolling to read it all.

And with Bato.to you can

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
bato.to is cozier with scanlators. thats basically it. they follow all the scanlator rules and moralizing regarding aggregating manga chapters

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I don't know what you're saying this is too much anime

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
dont be "too cool for the forum" guy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RareAcumen posted:

Now you read Helck.
I was surprised at how good Helck is, and how utterly impossible it is to get my friends to read.

I should probably try Assassination Classroom next, having killed Helck in like a day.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RareAcumen posted:

Well with Kissmanga you can pick a chapter and have all the images open so you only need to keep scrolling to read it all.

And with Bato.to you can

..also do that.

Law Cheetah posted:

dont be "too cool for the forum" guy

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the scanlators thing. I had to look it up and I'm still not sure I understand how one site is better than the other. Both have the same (I'm guessing) images and updated yesterday, so there's no obvious difference for me, someone who has no idea what you're talking about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I was surprised at how good Helck is, and how utterly impossible it is to get my friends to read.

I should probably try Assassination Classroom next, having killed Helck in like a day.

I then recommend you read Flying Witch, Nomi Joshi, Shishunki Bitter Change and Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! afterwards.

Hopefully One Punch Man will have updated by then. :negative:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

pik_d posted:

As a reader, there's no tremendous difference between the two, aside from the fact that kissmanga will carry some series that bata.to won't.

Bato.to tries to be friendlier to the industry and to translators. They take down series if they're ever commercially localized, if requested to by either the series owners, and they'll take down specific translations if the fan translators request them to. Because of this, there are a few fan translators who will only upload to bata.to.

Kissmanga and some other sites generally aren't as proactive. They don't take anything down unless they absolutely have to.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

pik_d posted:

..also do that.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the scanlators thing. I had to look it up and I'm still not sure I understand how one site is better than the other. Both have the same (I'm guessing) images and updated yesterday, so there's no obvious difference for me, someone who has no idea what you're talking about.

Schwarzwald posted:

As a reader, there's no tremendous difference between the two, aside from the fact that kissmanga will carry some series that bata.to won't.

Bato.to tries to be friendlier to the industry and to translators. They take down series if they're ever commercially localized, if requested to by either the series owners, and they'll take down specific translations if the fan translators request them to. Because of this, there are a few fan translators who will only upload to bata.to.

Kissmanga and some other sites generally aren't as proactive. They don't take anything down unless they absolutely have to.

Also, sites like Kissmanga almost never upload the version 2 chapters - so, say, we ('scanlators', people who mostly illegally [or at least questionably legally with how IP law is set up, but not for long due to TPP] scan in foreign comics and translate them for you) accidentally gently caress up a page and then re-upload a chapter to fix it, kissmanga will not take the old one down and put the new one up. They're just aggregators, they let the bots do the work and don't actually manage anything. On batoto, you can either request something be taken down, or if you uploaded it - just take it down yourself and re-upload the new one.

Batoto generally has a livelier comments section, a better 'highest rated' section (except why do people snipe other comics off to keep Ballroom e Youkuso up?), a very useful 'follow' function, etc. As a scanlator and contributor who uploads to batoto, it's always my first pick.

If you don't care about any of that, don't mind if there's mistakes that are never fixed (poo poo, some bad groups don't fix things either), then gently caress it. Read wherever you want.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also, sites like Kissmanga almost never upload the version 2 chapters - so, say, we ('scanlators', people who mostly illegally [or at least questionably legally with how IP law is set up, but not for long due to TPP] scan in foreign comics and translate them for you) accidentally gently caress up a page and then re-upload a chapter to fix it, kissmanga will not take the old one down and put the new one up. They're just aggregators, they let the bots do the work and don't actually manage anything. On batoto, you can either request something be taken down, or if you uploaded it - just take it down yourself and re-upload the new one.

Batoto generally has a livelier comments section, a better 'highest rated' section (except why do people snipe other comics off to keep Ballroom e Youkuso up?), a very useful 'follow' function, etc. As a scanlator and contributor who uploads to batoto, it's always my first pick.

If you don't care about any of that, don't mind if there's mistakes that are never fixed (poo poo, some bad groups don't fix things either), then gently caress it. Read wherever you want.

This makes more sense, thanks.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

pik_d posted:

What now?

Disregard Helck, Mob Psycho 100 is actually relevant to the topic. It's getting an anime after the summer too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actually read both.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just blitzed the entirety of helck and if you're looking for stuff like opm it is not it

but read it anyway because goddamn

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Kissmanga also has far more obnoxious ads on mobile.

Also yes, Helk is great. Not the same as OPM, but definitely great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just suggesting other things to read because they're good. I wasn't thinking of them being in any way connected to OPM, I just wanted to give people some direction because they don't know what to do with themselves now.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
That's literally the plot of mob tho

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

pik_d posted:

This makes more sense, thanks.

Oh, also, the reading format is by default different, though I think you can change batoto's.

Kissmanga, as has been stated, is a scroll to read thing - which some people like more. Batoto loads every page individually, but I think you can change that. I know for webcomics that come loaded vertically, they keep it in that format unless you change it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Death Bot posted:

That's literally the plot of mob tho

Mob should read Helck. He'd probably like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Kissmanga also only ever has one version of a chapter. So if you get some dude who runs everything through google and barfs up a chapter that's only translated in the sense that the characters are from the Roman alphabet, and 1 second later a well translated version shows up, most non-batoto sites will never display the second version. For many series this isn't a huge concern, while for a few it's really loving annoying.