Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Darth Windu posted:

Ristolaz is my friend and cool and he's right.

Thanks bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the earth dragon buff is quite good, if you group and push with it you take towers so much faster that people don't/can't react in time to defend them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

basically if anyone ever goes 'oh yeah x dragon isn't worth fighting over' they're a moron that's trying really hard to seem smart and like they know more than you, every dragon is clownshoes and it's blindingly obvious that they all are. air requires more coordination than the others to take full advantage of but on the other hand the out of combat movespeed means your jungler waddling around river can actually get to places that matter on time no matter how much time he spends slowly killing the scuttlecrab

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
IMO each dragon should be situationally useful, but not overwhelmingly powerful. Fire dragon feels too strong because it's just a flat scaling buff across the entire team. Earth and ocean feel okay because each buffs your team in a specific way, but it doesn't feel like an overwhelming advantage if you have to give it away. Air is okay, but feels a little undertuned. 15ms is pretty underwhelming.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I know everyone hates the little bastard, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDgRfNd3CRY

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

So how do you guys think the mage rework has affected the ap supports that got changed? I've messed around with Zyra who seems to still be very strong, but haven't had much experience with vel'koz, who was great before, or brand, who they nerfed until he was outclassed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brand's poke is worse than it was but his all-in is insane, and he absolutely slaughters tanky supports. he kills the dragon incredibly fast too, which is a unique asset for a support.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Trying out Annie support rn to see if the changes make her viable again.

e: Play her like old Annie and build a bunch of AP items, if you make it ahead and get the Protobelt her engage/AoE from flash range is loving brutal.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 6, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Endorph posted:

basically if anyone ever goes 'oh yeah x dragon isn't worth fighting over' they're a moron that's trying really hard to seem smart and like they know more than you, every dragon is clownshoes and it's blindingly obvious that they all are. air requires more coordination than the others to take full advantage of but on the other hand the out of combat movespeed means your jungler waddling around river can actually get to places that matter on time no matter how much time he spends slowly killing the scuttlecrab

if ocean is the first dragon and you get it early, you win every lane. i would rather have ocean than get first blood from a gank

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Holy crap, All for one with the new Zyra is hilarious as hell. So many drat plants. I bet new malz would also be fun on this mode too if hes ever not banned.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

JuniperCake posted:

Holy crap, All for one with the new Zyra is hilarious as hell. So many drat plants. I bet new malz would also be fun on this mode too if hes ever not banned.

I got Malz versus Blit in all for one and it was a lot of fun for a few levels being able to walk into hooks freely, but then it just got completely one sided and kind of sad.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lmao that was me

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Darth Windu posted:

Lmao that was me

He was talking mad poo poo about you.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Man, mid Vel'Koz is straight trash now.

I think I might actually have to give up mid lane. Mages were already in a bad spot to begin with, and this patch seems to have hosed almost everyone except Malzahar, who I used to actually main and is now perpetually banned.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Crazy Larry posted:

I got Malz versus Blit in all for one and it was a lot of fun for a few levels being able to walk into hooks freely, but then it just got completely one sided and kind of sad.

Man, what were they thinking with that passive

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
just played 60 min bard vs vlad one for all, i was in hell

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can deal with a bad team comp once in a while but three games in a row with no tank and a bunch of squishy, no CC, feeding morons is just too much. Did people completely forget how to make a team on this patch, what the gently caress?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mistaya posted:

I can deal with a bad team comp once in a while but three games in a row with no tank and a bunch of squishy, no CC, feeding morons is just too much. Did people completely forget how to make a team on this patch, what the gently caress?

Top lane Yasuo, Mid lane Zed, Jungle Yi locked in 1-2-3.

Team: "Hey guys make sure to draft a tank and AP"

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Libertine posted:

Given how loving trash most AP champs are this patch that actually seems reasonable.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

mistaya posted:

Everyone wanna be a mage, nobody wanna be a tank.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aerox posted:

Man, mid Vel'Koz is straight trash now.

I think I might actually have to give up mid lane. Mages were already in a bad spot to begin with, and this patch seems to have hosed almost everyone except Malzahar, who I used to actually main and is now perpetually banned.

Aerox posted:

Given how loving trash most AP champs are this patch that actually seems reasonable.
lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
unless you're vlad this patch has been pretty swag for mages

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Libertine posted:

Unironically, Morde/Leona is the correct answer. It is way stronger than people think it is.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Yes wow what an incredible patch for Vel'Koz

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vel'koz is not most of the ap champs in the game. Ziggs got huge buffs, Veigar got buffed, Brand got buffed, Fiddle got buffed, and I'd say overall Annie got buffed despite it being easier to track her stun.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 7, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
so is taliyah gonna have any interactions with jihn

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Neurolimal posted:

so is taliyah gonna have any interactions with jihn

She mostly just calls him a crazed gunman and questions his artistic talent.

The real jewel is her interaction with a friendly rockman. Sedimentary my dear Malphite. :allears:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SaffronKit posted:

She mostly just calls him a crazed gunman and questions his artistic talent.

The real jewel is her interaction with a friendly rockman. Sedimentary my dear Malphite. :allears:

I was hoping for something more substantial, like Taliyah protecting shurima property, and jihn believing in Fair Use

Or maybe threatening to take away her geomancy

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
She's also crushing hard on Ekko apparantly.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
What's interesting to me is she also has quotes for midgame/lategame and responses to her ally/enemy jokes.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Riot, please don't nerf Zyra.

She's so good where she is now.

Thanks,

A Support Player.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Granted I was against the lane equivalent of a tomato but Brand is somehow even more fun than he used to be and his teamfight damage is comical. He MIGHT see nerfs? I dunno.

I think Vel having to be super combo oriented now might be a bit too much of a change but people may just need to get acclimated with it. Vlad I think still got the shortest end of the stick because while he actually can do damage in lane with that second Q it's really telegraphed and still as easy as it has always been to beat the crap out of him

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

SystemLogoff posted:

Riot, please don't nerf Zyra.

She's so good where she is now.

Thanks,

A Support Player.

We are in the same boat.

I think we have till the next patch to enjoy her.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Granted I was against the lane equivalent of a tomato but Brand is somehow even more fun than he used to be and his teamfight damage is comical. He MIGHT see nerfs? I dunno.

I think Vel having to be super combo oriented now might be a bit too much of a change but people may just need to get acclimated with it. Vlad I think still got the shortest end of the stick because while he actually can do damage in lane with that second Q it's really telegraphed and still as easy as it has always been to beat the crap out of him

Third Q.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So with all the changes to mana what the hell do I actually buy on Lux now?

Is it actually worth it to go tear for the mana usage reduction? Or should I still stick to spellthiefs for my first mana regen+cdr item? I haven't really had a chance to mess around with any of my midlaners since the patch hit so I have no clue what to do for builds anymore.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tyty posted:

So with all the changes to mana what the hell do I actually buy on Lux now?

Is it actually worth it to go tear for the mana usage reduction? Or should I still stick to spellthiefs for my first mana regen+cdr item? I haven't really had a chance to mess around with any of my midlaners since the patch hit so I have no clue what to do for builds anymore.

If you are talking midlane, I think morellos is still the best way to go on her. If you get the tome + sapphire crystal item that builds into it first you shouldn't have mana problems after that. CDR is still very critical and since the nerfs to spellthief I don't think she really gets much out of that anymore unless shes support. Active is nice but she doesn't need it to do picks and morello is massively better stat wise. Not starting dorans means you don't get the extra mana from last hitting minions too.

I don't think this patch changes her build all that much. The belt could be useful for positioning but I'd still probably run Ludens/Raba/Void on her with possible zhonya rush vs a zed and that kind of thing.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I've played ranked against an Aurelion Sol just once, a month ago. Did the champion just kind of disappear?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The champion never really existed. He's pretty complicated to play and it's hard to know what to do with him, since he can jungle, mid, and top, and he can be built tanky and as a pure mage. He's actually pretty strong but a champion like that was always going to be unpopular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

I've played ranked against an Aurelion Sol just once, a month ago. Did the champion just kind of disappear?

The problem with sol is even though he does a gently caress ton of damage and can murder people with them stuns, he doesn't FEEL powerful. The stars melt people with rylais, but there no way for the player to be like "Mmm yeah I feel like I'm contributing" and teammates are usually like "wtf sol loving DO something" even though you already are.

Also the fact you can't quick tap his q for a melee stun is the stupidest thing riot could have done

• Locked thread