Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

spasticColon posted:

$600 for a 1080? That probably means the 1070 will probably be $450 to $500. Fuuuck. :negative:
$380 actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Gonkish posted:

AMD's gonna have to bring the heat.

If there is one thing amd is good at its heat

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Give me that 1070 right. loving. now.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Gonkish posted:

AMD's gonna have to bring the heat.

@AMD_ROY gonna give it to you

gotta get it get it - on ya own

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're finally gonna open-source that thing.
To be honest they were kinda nice and flexible on giving the code even to personal projects, but open-sourcing just makes it so much better.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

spasticColon posted:

$600 for a 1080? That probably means the 1070 will probably be $450 to $500. Fuuuck. :negative:

Boy is your face going to be red when you look at the posts you missed. :buddy:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

If AMD can match 1070/1080 performance at a lower price point, though...

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Can i order an EK waterblock yet for a 1080?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

AMD just folded

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

spasticColon posted:

The 1070 is $380.

E: beaten badly :(

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

What was up with that girl having an orgasm at the 1080 price announcement?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Vinlaen posted:

Shill/plant/drunk. Pick two.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The 1070 is $380.

I only saw the $450 and missed the $380. $380 is acceptable.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

Why would you buy a 1070 when you can buy a 1080

Seems very... not worth it.

Also, while I have a 3440x1440 monitor, I primarily game on my secondary monitor (65 inch 1080p) with a controller, so, even the 1070 is beyond overkill.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

codo27 posted:

AMD just folded

Time to go short the hell out of some AMD stock

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Vinlaen posted:

Paid to sound like that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

980tis being relisted on the used market as low as $310 and likely dropping :toot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did someone grab a screenshot of the 1080 specs? I see the 1070 got posted and I need to do some serious thinking on which to buy with the next PC I build since I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p monitor from 1920x1200 too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rukus posted:

So $850 to $900 CAD before tax, right? :(

Most likely. But - just gotta save a bit longer. I'm in no rush. Nothing worth a gently caress coming out in the summer.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Will any of these cards be able to do 60 fps at 4k if not gtfo

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

If AMD folds that is loving lovely for the industry.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

objects in mirror posted:

For Minecraft sure.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What's the new type of video memory that is supposedly coming out next year? Because since I have a 980ti I just don't see any value in upgrading right now.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Taima posted:

If AMD folds that is loving lovely for the industry.
AMD is targeting the mobile market, at least. NVidia has no mobile chips until December at the earliest.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Fuuuu amd better bring it so we get a price dropped 1080 and a 599 1080ti

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Someone call for help, some nerds have captured Jen-Hsung and are talking on his stream. They probably want 1080s in ransom.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
AMD also has (per fiscal reports) console contracts for three new consoles (ps4k, NX, and probably the xbox one.2) So they aren't going anywhere for a little bit.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AMD is targeting the mobile market, at least. NVidia has no mobile chips until December at the earliest.

That's a good point. Here's hoping.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I was so cloooooose to listing my 980ti 5 days ago. Soooo close. So close. So close. The pain is real. I had it out of my computer and in the box. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm getting a little 970/980 dejavu is the 1070 is really titanx performance at $380, but that's fine.

AMD the ball's in your court.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

objects in mirror posted:

My 780 Ti can do TF2 at over 120 fps at 4k.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

havenwaters posted:

AMD also has (per fiscal reports) console contracts for three new consoles (ps4k, NX, and probably the xbox one.2) So they aren't going anywhere for a little bit.

When is AMD's equivalent press release supposed to be, anyhow?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's the new type of video memory that is supposedly coming out next year? Because since I have a 980ti I just don't see any value in upgrading right now.

HDMI 2 is the memory you're thinking about, and I bet the next Titan and 1080 Ti will have it. I think I'll wait too!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Amd is gonna have to drop fury x price to like $349

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did someone grab a screenshot of the 1080 specs? I see the 1070 got posted and I need to do some serious thinking on which to buy with the next PC I build since I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p monitor from 1920x1200 too.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

HBM2?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
WTF is a "founders' edition" anyway?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I was so cloooooose to listing my 980ti 5 days ago. Soooo close. So close. So close. The pain is real. I had it out of my computer and in the box. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm getting a little 970/980 dejavu is the 1070 is really titanx performance at $380, but that's fine.

AMD the ball's in your court.

when is the last time a new series of cards from nvidia came out and it was a minor improvement that didnt affect the last gen prices by a good amount?

Would the rule of thumb be to always sell your card a week or so before the next one is announced?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

For a good time, look up 980ti listings on used hardware dumping grounds. The schadenfreude is delicious :unsmigghh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Paul MaudDib posted:

WTF is a "founders' edition" anyway?

Cherry-picked silicon, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

My 780 Ti can do TF2 at over 120 fps at 4k.

But valve games don't matter