Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I'm going to the Toronto show tonight. I hope it is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

manyak posted:

The CBB live show was really funny, they brought Tim Baltz to the Toronto one and he was funny. It was good

Cake Boss revealing why he was in Canada was amazing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I went to the Thursday Toronto show.

Easily the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. If you're a fan of CBB you owe it to see these it live. Holy poo poo.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I can report, the Friday show was also good. Gary Marshall saved the day.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the Friday show was OK but I didn't think it was great

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Berzerker posted:

the Friday show was OK but I didn't think it was great

C-?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I thought the best part of the Friday show was PFT discovering "Civic Holiday" and yelling "gently caress you, Howl FM listeners!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo43B6nu60

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Going to the 10:00 Boston show tonight. Here's to hoping everyone stays awake.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

To everyone who's gone to a show so far, about how long have they been going. Neil Campbell does like 30 minutes of standup and then the 90 or so minute show?

I'm going to the show in DC on monday, but I have to get up extremely early the next morning for a thing at work :(

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

ArtVandelay posted:

To everyone who's gone to a show so far, about how long have they been going. Neil Campbell does like 30 minutes of standup and then the 90 or so minute show?

I'm going to the show in DC on monday, but I have to get up extremely early the next morning for a thing at work :(

I went to their last DC show in 2014 and had to leave before they were done. Tompkins and Adomian could not stop making pop culture references at each other. Can't speak for the current tour.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Maarak posted:

I went to their last DC show in 2014 and had to leave before they were done. Tompkins and Adomian could not stop making pop culture references at each other. Can't speak for the current tour.

Was that the 9:30 Club one where he did Giamatti? That was a good show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Maarak posted:

That's funny because I would have guessed that a bigger issue with a live tour involving Adomian would be that he'd suck all the air out of the room like he does with a lot of his appearances on the show. I think he's hilarious, but Lapkus is great too, and seems to work better with others imo.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ArtVandelay posted:

the second Toronto show was about 2 hours, maybe 2hrs 15mins I think. and yeah you're about right on the ratio

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
The Boston show was pretty funny I thought. It wasn't my favorite but I laughed.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

The shows tonight in Boston ran an hour and a half each. The first fifteen minutes are Neil, the rest is the show.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Guys, you're going to love tonights show, it's an absolutely instant classic.

Sunny and Chazmin come out, and are joined by quite a few other people. There's some seriously startling new details and revelations. Then Rick Faber shows up, gets about 5 minutes in, and is immediately overshadowed by Silantame and Scarsdale.

Lauren was laughing way too hard and almost fell off her stool about 10 times. Great show.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

ArtVandelay posted:

Sunny and Chazmin come out, and are joined by quite a few other people. There's some seriously startling new details and revelations. Then Rick Faber shows up, gets about 5 minutes in, and is immediately overshadowed by Silantame and Scarsdale.

Lauren was laughing way too hard and almost fell off her stool about 10 times. Great show.

Man and all I got in Boston was an Alan Thicke (my least favorite PFT character) and a world record holder for most wishes granted. It was funny, but not great. Luck of the draw I guess. :smith:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lord Wexia posted:

Man and all I got in Boston was an Alan Thicke (my least favorite PFT character) and a world record holder for most wishes granted. It was funny, but not great. Luck of the draw I guess. :smith:

you got to see a real life wendigo you selfish jerk

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

There is also a LOT of PFT not having any of Scott's poo poo.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

defectivemonkey posted:

There is also a LOT of PFT not having any of Scott's poo poo.

Haha yes, that is also very true.

Neil Campbell's standup was great. Definitely the right amount of absurd and stupid jokes that are right up my alley.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Do the recordings on Howl.FM include Neil's set?

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Eel hovercraft posted:

Do the recordings on Howl.FM include Neil's set?

They don't.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Which is fine since I would assume he does basically the same routine every night?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If you get Howl can you download the shows like normal or can you only stream them through the app?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

If you get Howl can you download the shows like normal or can you only stream them through the app?

It's only available to stream, but they leave the backdoor open since they're completely inept. Go to page info then media, and find the the audio stream and save it.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I relented out of boredom and downloaded the app on the weekend. When it loads half the icons don't appear and it randomly pauses when I'm listening through a Bluetooth speaker. It is a bad.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

It's only available to stream, but they leave the backdoor open since they're completely inept. Go to page info then media, and find the the audio stream and save it.

Gonna sound stupid, but how does one do this in Chrome?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Right click anywhere on the page, click "view page source" then hit F3 and search for ".mp3", copy and paste the file highlighted into the address bar, chrome will start to download it.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I went to the second Boston show and man am I glad we for tickets to that one. Not a huge fan of Herzigova, so I was super happy to set time keeper. Can't underestimate how amazing of a punchline "watch dog" was.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did anybody here go to the Philly show? I wasn't able to get tickets, and I'd like to be able to rest easy knowing I didn't miss much.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Right click anywhere on the page, click "view page source" then hit F3 and search for ".mp3", copy and paste the file highlighted into the address bar, chrome will start to download it.

You are a gentleman and a scholar

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

SpacePig posted:

Did anybody here go to the Philly show? I wasn't able to get tickets, and I'd like to be able to rest easy knowing I didn't miss much.

I did. It was okay, they did Traci Rearden and JW Stillwater. Neal didn't really do any characters other than a few brief minutes of timekeeper right at the end of his stand-up routine, they had on a local comedian instead who was okay. It ran rather long I think, over two hours.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

mennoknight posted:

You are a gentleman and a scholar

Just signed up for Howl Premium, and found this, which should be useful: https://howl-rss.128.io/

It requires you to log into your Howl Premium account first, then gives you a list of all the Howl premium content. Just copy-paste the stuff you want into pocketcasts or whatever.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

Just signed up for Howl Premium, and found this, which should be useful: https://howl-rss.128.io/

It requires you to log into your Howl Premium account first, then gives you a list of all the Howl premium content. Just copy-paste the stuff you want into pocketcasts or whatever.

For a second I was impressed that Howl got their poo poo together and provided premium streams. Then I saw that it was unofficial :doh:

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

feedmyleg posted:

For a second I was impressed that Howl got their poo poo together and provided premium streams. Then I saw that it was unofficial :doh:

It's not like having a howl subscription removes any ads. I even tried using the Howl App! Is the whole point of a howl.fm subscription getting access to all that paywalled stuff?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently the ad free stuff is still on the way even though it's been like a year since the launch

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Honestly who cares about ads? Just hit skip four times. If more ads means more shows being produced then I'll gladly hit skip eight or even twelve times. The bigger issue with Howl is the lack of new original series. With Hardcore Game of Thrones and Superego over there isn't much to look forward to.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I recently signed up for Howl for the CBB tour eps. I haven't had any problems with the app functionally, but I've been browsing and listening to some of the stuff on there and there doesn't seem to be any reason to continue my subscription after the tour is over. I've enjoyed a few of the mini-series' but there just isn't anywhere near enough new content coming out to justify a monthly subscription.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Lord Wexia posted:

Really sorry to tell you that the second show was tremendous. Werner Herzog, Big Sue (not my favorite from the podcasts but it killed here) and our lord and savior, The Time Keeper.

Things got loopy and there was a lot of ganging up on Scott which is my favorite, and one inspired seemingly spur of the moment pun from the Time Keeper that almost got a loving standing ovation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Crazyweasel posted:

I went to the second Boston show and man am I glad we for tickets to that one. Not a huge fan of Herzigova, so I was super happy to set time keeper. Can't underestimate how amazing of a punchline "watch dog" was.

There was also a seriously dark reference to Capturing the Freidmans which delighted me and maybe a dozen other people