Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Kissmanga also only ever has one version of a chapter. So if you get some dude who runs everything through google and barfs up a chapter that's only translated in the sense that the characters are from the Roman alphabet, and 1 second later a well translated version shows up, most non-batoto sites will never display the second version. For many series this isn't a huge concern, while for a few it's really loving annoying.

That actually isn't the case though. Check out My Hero Academia on kissmanaga ant there are several times where their are multiple chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
http://readms.com/r/onepunch_man/060/3393/1

Let's fight people

But not actually.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I wasn't expecting a call back to that.

Too bad it ends before anything actually happens.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Nahxela posted:

Let's fight people

But not actually.

ffffffffffffffff-

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I really like that this series takes the time to show the motivations of the minor characters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I'm pretty much just being Milhouse here and crying about not getting to the Fireworks Factory.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I like seeing Lightning Max want to be a hero for unselfish reasons, just because he wants to be able to protect people. We see so many assholes high up in this organization, it's good to be reminded that there are just genuinely good people even near the top.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nahxela posted:

Let's fight people

But not actually.

woah what animated manga??

like some kind of 'anime' i guess you'd call it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The release schedule and format of Murata's version just isn't conducive to a tournament arc and boy is it showing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Edit: Retroactively doubleposted. That took a while to go through.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 7, 2016

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
"I have to defeat you!" -Person destined to lose by merit of having said that

Also, Sea King really affected a lot of people. Even Boros has had arguably no effect on anyone.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 7, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To be fair, nobody really knew Boros existed outside of Saitama, if I remember. Even if they did, they never actually faced him like so many heroes faced the Sea King.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Shadow0 posted:

Also, Sea King really affected a lot of people. Even Boros has had arguably no effect on anyone.

is there a manga/anime which plays off cliches like this. Id love to have some idiot start to say this only to be dogpiled by their buddies "shut up you idiot youre gonna lose if you say poo poo like that" etc

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

To be fair, nobody really knew Boros existed outside of Saitama, if I remember. Even if they did, they never actually faced him like so many heroes faced the Sea King.

Yeah, but it's just strange to me to think of Sea King as the most significant monster in the series so far. He's just some king of the sea. But I guess that's just me overthinking useless things.

Ironically, he seems to have had mostly a positive affect on the world, which I think is funny.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the seaking arc is the best one currently drawn by Murata so it owns to keep referencing it

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

is there a manga/anime which plays off cliches like this. Id love to have some idiot start to say this only to be dogpiled by their buddies "shut up you idiot youre gonna lose if you say poo poo like that" etc

There is a lot of funny gag mangas that do it, they just don't get an anime made

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mordaedil posted:

There is a lot of funny gag mangas that do it, they just don't get an anime made

A lot of OPM has been exactly that though: turning tropes on their head. But in this case, I feel like Lightning Max is going to lose, as per the trope dictates. But you never know with ONE!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

The release schedule and format of Murata's version just isn't conducive to a tournament arc and boy is it showing.
thiiiiiiiiissssss

Not to sound like an obnoxious, broken record, but this arc sapped a lot of momentum out the story. I'm still interested to see where it goes, but boy howdy are we there yet?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Moltrey posted:

thiiiiiiiiissssss

Not to sound like an obnoxious, broken record, but this arc sapped a lot of momentum out the story. I'm still interested to see where it goes, but boy howdy are we there yet?

Since most of this isn't even part of One's original version I can only assume it's gonna be a while before any actual progress is made.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

And More posted:

Since most of this isn't even part of One's original version I can only assume it's gonna be a while before any actual progress is made.
Yeah, I don't see it ending any time soon. I also don't envy Murata for having to draw the next arc because holy poo poo

e: Volume 6 of Murata's art also came out physically in English recently, first half of the Boros arc iirc. Even though there's only like four volumes left total, I'm really excited to physically own the King arc onward.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 7, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's less about referencing the sea king and more about characterizing Lightning kick dude.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Coming soon to a clothing store near you (if you live in Japan:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4IbOIeNvGM

OPM inspired fashion wear.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow0 posted:

"Don't underestimate me!" - Last line said before getting their rear end kicked.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

He should really take some lessons from Kōhei Horikoshi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/nebu_kuro/status/733338785191067648

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
O-oh my.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kind of speaks volumes about this tourney arc that the Fubuki Besto Gaaaarl gif got posted but the fact the manga updated at the same time it was posted did not.

http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEF1kQ?manga=onepanman
This is the untranslated ver.

The guy who did those nice Dragonball OPM crossovers is working on a new one.
Genos gets Android 16's body :lol:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 20, 2016

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kind of speaks volumes about this tourney arc that the Fubuki Besto Gaaaarl gif got posted but the fact the manga updated at the same time it was posted did not.

http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEF1kQ?manga=onepanman
This is the untranslated ver.

The guy who did those nice Dragonball OPM crossovers is working on a new one.
Genos gets Android 16's body :lol:

Yeah, basically this:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/733550266323062784

Hey, just waiting for the translation, damnit.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

"Let me just place my arms on my rear end for added support."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

MiniFoo posted:

Hey, just waiting for the translation, damnit.

First one: "I made a Fubuki animation while waiting for the update."

Second one: "I made her hair move too."

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Translation is up http://readms.com/r/onepunch_man/060.2/3417/1

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If we get some action that makes Genos actually stand out, then this whole divergent tournament will be worth it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I really like this panel.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

And More posted:

"Let me just place my arms on her rear end for added support."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos always stands out because he is a cool robot boy, hth

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The chapter was pretty good.
I wonder if Murata has decided that doing regular manga isn't enough so he's preparing his foray into hentai manga of his own works to put doujin artists out of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I look forward to it and his Cammy doujins