Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

In the martial sense he was unsurpassed by anyone, but that is a very narrow view of strength. Who'd be stronger?

well, we do know of one guy who is beyond netero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Serious Frolicking posted:

God loving drat it I laughed

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God drat it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

*Heavy Japanese Accent* Very Nice! :thumbsup:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Game recognize game.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

sick

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Hunter x Hunter is officially over.

Go home everybody.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

god loving drat it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wild Horses posted:

In the martial sense he was unsurpassed by anyone, but that is a very narrow view of strength. Who'd be stronger?

Both Zeno and Silva Zoldyck seem to be right up there in power levels.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Netero had a long history of clowning zoldycks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Netero was already an old master back when Zeno was a kid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zeno even said Netero was always way better then him.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

i'm sure there's a bunch of nen that can present problems for any nen user, no matter the strength. that's kurapika's chain jail.
as for pure power, the king and netero had a good showing, netero's power being so ridiculous that probably no one could stand up to him in a 1v1 punchfest.
But a real fight between humans isn't that simple.

what i'm saying is that this discussion is pointless

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
In my 298 page HunterxHunter fanfiction, the strongest Nen user is the enigmatic "Lon Loe", who draws his power from how much other people like him. Being near universally loved, of course, makes him the strongest. Hell, the power he gains from his romantic relationship with fem!kurapika alone makes him as strong as 100 Neteros.

I'm so sorry.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wild Horses posted:

Beyond Netero.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

jon joe posted:

In my 298 page HunterxHunter fanfiction, the strongest Nen user is the enigmatic "Lon Loe", who draws his power from how much other people like him. Being near universally loved, of course, makes him the strongest. Hell, the power he gains from his romantic relationship with fem!kurapika alone makes him as strong as 100 Neteros.

I'm so sorry.

What did anyone do to you for this thread to deserve that being dropped in it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jon joe posted:

I'm so sorry.

A marital artist.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The list of entities we know of that were for sure more powerful than Netero is populated by all of two characters, and one of them had to do something sort of drastic and horrible to get there.

The other one was Meruem.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tunicate posted:

A marital artist.

:wow:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Eopia posted:

What did anyone do to you for this thread to deserve that being dropped in it.

Nen arguments

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

jon joe posted:

I'm so sorry.

Now I'm imagining someone who made their nen power have the condition that they got stronger based on observers and audience adulation or something like that. They build up a fanbase and eventually become renowned as one of the strongest, most skilled martial artists ever.

Then they get murdered in an alleyway by some random thug or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the floor masters in heaven's arena had abilities specifically tailored for fighting there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nuking Hisoka would only make his murderboner even harder.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

:vince:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tunicate posted:

A marital artist.

This is a good week for puns, my gosh.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
hisoka is gonna lose because the only people hes beaten is kastro and a zoldyck butler lmfao (also chrollo cant use the handwriting future thingy on himself im like 92% sure you cant)

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

hisoka is gonna lose because the only people hes beaten is kastro and a zoldyck butler lmfao (also chrollo cant use the handwriting future thingy on himself im like 92% sure you cant)

he just needs to use it on one of the ryodan and wait until theres no verses that pop out whining about the head of the spider being squished or whatever

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think Hisoka will win because Chrollo stated that he will definitely 100% win thanks to his super complex set of abilities. Which is basically an anime death sentence.

Then again, this is HxH so who the gently caress knows.

Also I'm glad I reread this series in WSJ in addition to the scans. The way the scans worded it made it seem like Hisoka is super into breaking knees out of nowhere, but the official translation puts the emphasis back on the despair.

Also unrelated but Chrollo and Hisoka are getting up to some serious JoJo posing in these issues.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We'll never know who wins or loses because the manga will go on hiatus soon, without showing an ending to the fight, and never come back.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

Those are the only fights Hisoka has had. On the other side, Chrollo lost the only on-panel fight he had.

I think the vast majority of the fights thus far have involved chimera ants, and neither of them were part of that arc.

edit: ^^^^ that too

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Those are the only fights Hisoka has had. On the other side, Chrollo lost the only on-panel fight he had.

I think the vast majority of the fights thus far have involved chimera ants, and neither of them were part of that arc.

edit: ^^^^ that too

Wait what fight do Chrollo lose?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait what fight do Chrollo lose?

Silva and Zeno. He wanted to capture at least one of them and instead they smacked him around until Illumi killed their client.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silva and Zeno. He wanted to capture at least one of them and instead they smacked him around until Illumi killed their client.

I don't really consider that a loss. Neither of the sides were really hurt. He was able to keep up a bit and in the end got them to back off beacuse he hired Illumi.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this fight is funny because it would be meaningless to the ants and i'm hoping hisoka is so powerful its the same to him and he just restricts himself for fun

he was genuinely up for fighting the entire troupe at once purely to fight chrollo

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't really consider that a loss. Neither of the sides were really hurt. He was able to keep up a bit and in the end got them to back off beacuse he hired Illumi.

the fight ended with him saying 'i didn't get what i wanted'.

he wasn't fighting to kill them, zeno said that much

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Silva and Zeno were untouched and Chrollo ended up bloodied and on the ground. Chrollo lost the actual physical confrontation and was unable to capture Zeno as was his goal. Zeno freely acknowledged that things would have been different if Chrollo had been trying to kill them, but Chrollo really had no reason to do so. Capturing a zoldyck would have been to his benefit, but he already had a way to get them to back off so going all out to kill them would have been wasted effort.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Silva and Zeno were untouched and Chrollo ended up bloodied and on the ground. Chrollo lost the actual physical confrontation and was unable to capture Zeno as was his goal. Zeno freely acknowledged that things would have been different if Chrollo had been trying to kill them, but Chrollo really had no reason to do so. Capturing a zoldyck would have been to his benefit, but he already had a way to get them to back off so going all out to kill them would have been wasted effort.

Still would have been interesting to see them go all out to kill each other instead.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm so glad I live in a world where Leorio does something as awesome as teleport punch Ging in the mouth.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Of course Leorio ends up third in the vote. Sad that this show only has a few episodes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, the question as to who would win if Chrollo were fighting to kill is completely up in the air, but it seems pretty clear that, at the very least, Chrollo isn't strong enough to capture Zeno's nen while trying to fight.

My relatively baseless guess is that Chrollo vs Zeno would be Chrollo's win but Chrollo vs Zeno and Sylva would be the latter's, mostly because it's hard to imagine any character other than maybe the King or possiblyNetero beating both Zeno and Sylva at the same time. Beating two nen users at once is generally a losing proposition unless you're dramatically stronger than both of them.