Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Aphrodite posted:

Local POP! store.

Now that's a justifiable target for arson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Other posted:

Now that's a justifiable target for arson

You'd be saving them the trouble of committing insurance fraud

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Woah, calm down. They're a local chain that deals in video games and action figures. I've dealt with them before and like them, but if I'm gonna unload a lot of stuff, I just wanna make sure I can calculate and make sure we're both getting a fair deal, that's all.

Edit: They pay out about 20%-30% of an item's value in cash - more if you take it in store credit - and I'm totally cool with that. I just wanted to check out my items to make sure I wouldn't accidentally sell something off thinking it was worth $20 when it's actually worth $200. That's all.

You shouldn't be so driven by greed. Just help out your local businesses by giving them a deal, you MOTHERFUCKER.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
There is no way in hell I'd take 20-30% of an item's value...let those stupid scalper stores go out of business, thank you. List what you have and I'll get you 40% of the item value in cash.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I've spent the last 4 months cleaning out my collection and liquidating old stuff on eBay. It's pretty easy and you can make more than just 30% value.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bushifox posted:

There is no way in hell I'd take 20-30% of an item's value...let those stupid scalper stores go out of business, thank you. List what you have and I'll get you 40% of the item value in cash.

you get the benefit of getting rid of it all at once, not having to deal with selling them off piece by piece, getting stuck with the handful of things nobody wants, etc.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Guess everyone's favourite mute one man army just got Raiden'd:

A project to resurrect an old-generation soldier using his DNA info has been requested to TOA Heavy Industries from the Arashikage Clan.
After a successful DNA restoration close to 80%, the soldier was then resurrected using the Synthetic Human body with the restored DNA info.
Even though the memory restoration was incomplete, the soldier became to successfully accomplish numerous covert missions on his own.
In the midst of a rescue mission for captured engineers, the soldier is ambushed by a mysterious white shadow…

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pretty sure he never asked for this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
G.I. Joe if it was written by Tsutomu Nihei

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's... amazingly dumb.

I say this knowing full well the origin where he is in vietnam and a chopper explodes in his face and that's why he wears the mask.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
That toy looks cool though. I can make my own story up if I want to.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
At first I thought that was the robot ninja guy from the first Metal Gear Solid, and even after knowing who it is, I still don't know who it is because GI Joe is intensely uninteresting to me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That's... amazingly dumb.

I say this knowing full well the origin where he is in vietnam and a chopper explodes in his face and that's why he wears the mask.

Nope. Toa Heavy Industries is a toy company started to create toys from the works of Tsutomu Nihei. You're imaging that version of GI Joe Ninja in the Gi Joe show, where it would be dumb, because G.I. Joe is bad. You gotta imagine it in like, Biomega, where would be awesome. He isn't fighting soldier dudes in a forest, he's on a giant cylindrical planet fighting dudes that look like this

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What the best place to get Figuarts Trunks for under $40? I know Figuarts are pretty pricey, but all the sites seem to list him for $45 plus shipping, while I could find Piccolo at Barnes N Nobles for $30.

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Rirse posted:

What the best place to get Figuarts Trunks for under $40? I know Figuarts are pretty pricey, but all the sites seem to list him for $45 plus shipping, while I could find Piccolo at Barnes N Nobles for $30.
Are you talking about the premium color Trunks or the Saiyan armor Trunks? The premium color Trunks release was a Tamashii web-shop exclusive and sold initially for ¥4200, while Piccolo has had multiple releases and sold for ¥3500, so you're not likely to find it as cheap. You could try watching Amiami or Mandarake for a pre-owned one (I don't see one listed on either site now), but based on a quick look I think that the low $40-range is about as good as you'll find for now.

If you're looking for Saiyan armor Trunks for under $40, it looks like Kirin Hobby and MH Toyshop both have it up for $38.99, though I can't speak to the reliability of either site.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rirse posted:

As it was said the PCE Trunks is a Web Exclusive, which means no re-issues of the specific figure. The non-exclusives, like Teen Gohan, Piccolo, and SS form Goku, all go for decently cheaper usually due to the number of re-issues they have gotten. The latter has yet to be re-issued in a year plus though, so even his price has climbed a little.

However the Premium Color Edition addition to the line has added the ability for them to effectively re-issue any figure, however the latest ones, Trunks/SSj Vegeta have been found lacking compared to it's original counterparts. It HAS however dropped the price of them significantly from 2-300+ to just over 100 usually. Still a high price for this kind of figure, but at least more palatable for more serious collectors trying to catch up.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Found these for 50 cents at a garage sale, Mac might be a little dirty but I'm happy:toot:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DrChud posted:

Found these for 50 cents at a garage sale, Mac might be a little dirty but I'm happy:toot:

You lucky goddam chud, I have been trying to find that king Hippo forever.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Cocks Cable posted:

I've spent the last 4 months cleaning out my collection and liquidating old stuff on eBay. It's pretty easy and you can make more than just 30% value.

Definitely. Over the past 2 months I've eBayed a lot of my old figures, collectibles and leftover BAF parts and have grossed around $600. Ebay fees and miscalculating shipping hurts on occasion, but I've been thrilled mostly. I really have too much as it is, and a lot of it wasn't on display but in storage containers (and had been for years). I'm very happy to be clearing a lot of it out.

Bored on a Saturday morning I'd throw 5-8 more items on eBay and then 5-8 more the next week. They were all mostly priced slightly under their market value based on current listings and recently sold prices, so they usually sold pretty quickly. Some things I didn't know had so much value. I sold my 3.75" Darth Revan, loose, for $85.

To be honest though, I've saved some of that new cash, but I put a lot toward buying some new figures that would be displayed. My wife is just happy the hobby is self-funding itself for the time being.

Still tempted to throw my remaining Paypal balance at a Toybiz build-a-figure Sentinel, but drat they still go for ~$150.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 10, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ShimSham posted:

Definitely. Over the past 2 months I've eBayed a lot of my old figures, collectibles and leftover BAF parts and have grossed around $600. Ebay fees and miscalculating shipping hurts on occasion, but I've been thrilled mostly. I really have too much as it is, and a lot of it wasn't on display but in storage containers (and had been for years). I'm very happy to be clearing a lot of it out.

Bored on a Saturday morning I'd throw 5-8 more items on eBay and then 5-8 more the next week. They were all mostly priced slightly under their market value based on current listings and recently sold prices, so they usually sold pretty quickly. Some things I didn't know had so much value. I sold my 3.75" Darth Revan, loose, for $85.

To be honest though, I've saved some of that new cash, but I put a lot toward buying some new figures that would be displayed. My wife is just happy the hobby is self-funding itself for the time being.

Still tempted to throw my remaining Paypal balance at a Toybiz build-a-figure Sentinel, but drat they still go for ~$150.

This is how I bought up almost the entire S.H. Figuarts Dragonball Z line outside of the SDCC releases and SSj3 Goku.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

ShimSham posted:

I'm thinking about getting rid of my BAF sentinel, I think I like the marvel universe one better. Already swapped out the ML Galactus for MU one. (plus, those are only 50 bucks versus 150.)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I've also been entertaining the thought of getting rid of my Toybiz BAF Giant Man.

It's really just taking up space in my garage at the moment.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I have ditched like 95% of my Toy Biz MLs, BAFs included. Hasbro is just killing it with the improvements.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

I have ditched like 95% of my Toy Biz MLs, BAFs included. Hasbro is just killing it with the improvements.

fin fang foom? blob? holocaust? mojo? modok? still all kinds of x-men not been made. I've been tempted on fin though...he is going for close to 300 bucks now I think. edit: I guess a couple of those I mentioned are hasbro...might should go ahead and start thinning out my stuff for when hasbro makes more x-men stuff.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 10, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw a BAF Sentinel go for $90 at the Chicago toy show a few weeks ago. I would have snapped that up if I'd had the money.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Didn't they have a sentinel a while back on clearance for like 15$?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yep, the Universe one

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I sold my Legends BAF Sentinel to my local toy shop for about $100. Then the place burnt down.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Duke Igthorn posted:

I sold my Legends BAF Sentinel to my local toy shop for about $100. Then the place burnt down.

Small Soldiers was based on a true story

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Small Soldiers was based on a true story
POP QUIZ: you have the cupboard from The Indian in the Cupboard, what do you put in it (and why). Note that the cupboard probably can't accommodate a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Tumblr (or even a regular HT figure, I can't remember how tall the shelves were depicted as).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

POP QUIZ: you have the cupboard from The Indian in the Cupboard, what do you put in it (and why). Note that the cupboard probably can't accommodate a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Tumblr (or even a regular HT figure, I can't remember how tall the shelves were depicted as).

Marvel Legends Pizza Spider-Man, he seems like he'd be the friendliest guy to just hang out with. NECA Adam West Batman would always be telling me to brush my teeth and I think Chris Reeves Superman would be disappointed in me if I ever wanted to smoke some weed and I couldn't handle that. Spidey already has a slice of pizza, he knows what's up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Hot Toys Rocket Raccoon.

No wait, BB-8.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I would put in a Sonic toy and immediately kill him and put the video you Youtube and distribute it to the Sonic community.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
G1 Soundwave and Ravage in player/cassette mode, one can only assume they would mass-shift up to proper size when they transform.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Figma Bruce Lee with his screaming face is the only correct answer. Then I'd have him fight the various Godzillas, Hedorahs, Gigans, and Ebirahs that I have.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Naturally I'd put a bunch of Alien eggs in and doom the planet to a (very small) Xenomorph infestation. :unsmigghh:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

Naturally I'd put a bunch of Alien eggs in and doom the planet to a (very small) Xenomorph infestation. :unsmigghh:

The facehuggers would be so small they'd have to attach to like, voles and hamsters and poo poo. You could step on them and kill them, but you might lose a shoe to their blood in the process.

Now if one of them got ahold of a sparrow and spawned a tiny, flying xenomorph, then we might have a problem.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You brought this up in conversation once, Xenomrph, and I said I never wished for my toys to be real because they're mostly pretty unpleasant characters. I remember saying, "I don't need tiny Pinhead dragging me to tiny hell."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Figma Miku.

The world would be such a better place, if Miku were real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Xenomrph posted:

Most of my figures are customs so that would be a horrifying experience all around.