Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice dildos, dildo-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nice dildos, dildo-man.

As a dildo connoisseur, I

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
I bought a house! With a garage! Picture coming when I can edit the license plate :)

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Megabound posted:

Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Ever since reading Kafka on the Shore I've become steadily more obsessed with him.

After I finish this I'll be reading Hardboiled Wonderland and The End Of The World.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is regarded as his best, I stopped reading his work after Kafka on the Shore which I didn't much care for (not that it was bad just felt like a rehash of some of his earlier works). I recommend reading Norwegian Wood, it's my personal favorite.

Content:

Blendy has a new favorite as of 02:54 on May 7, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

itsrobbiej posted:

I bought a house! With a garage! Picture coming when I can edit the license plate :)

That's a trailer, mate. Houses don't have license plates.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

These bad boys:

I'm just a total sucker for that colour scheme.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Neons on black is always a good choice.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

NewFatMike posted:

I appear to have come down with some food poisoning, so my roommate took my credit card to the grocery store and saved my life.

Not gonna lie man, pedialyte popsicles are a life saver when you have some food poisoning issues. I've had days where I couldn't keep down powerade, much less crackers or anything, but I could keep down those.

Worth the 5$ or whatever they cost. If you have a freezer anyway, they are in the baby food aisle at whatever store you shop at.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Megabound posted:

Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Ever since reading Kafka on the Shore I've become steadily more obsessed with him.

After I finish this I'll be reading Hardboiled Wonderland and The End Of The World.

Haruki Murakami is easily one of my favorite contemporary authors, good choice.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

A 20 year-old Risograph machine with a hardware RIP. Now I just need to find the proprietary DB37 to SCSI 2 cable and hope that the hard drive in the RIP isn't dead.

Poor timing to also start an RC foamcore plane hobby

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Canvas print gallery wrapped currently sitting above my bed.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Not worth it if it didn't come with fake gold leaf imo

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

Not worth it if it didn't come with fake gold leaf imo

Unfortunately there was no fake gold leaf :smith:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've never liked that painting, too much yellow. I don't like yellow paintings.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I've never liked that painting, too much yellow. I don't like yellow paintings.

I have an off yellow wall it fits in quite well.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Megabound posted:

Hardboiled is my favorite book from him. Wind Up was a bit too out there for me.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Vier posted:

Canvas print gallery wrapped currently sitting above my bed.

I love Klimt! Here's mine in my living room

Only registered members can see post attachments!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not gonna lie man, pedialyte popsicles are a life saver when you have some food poisoning issues. I've had days where I couldn't keep down powerade, much less crackers or anything, but I could keep down those.

Worth the 5$ or whatever they cost. If you have a freezer anyway, they are in the baby food aisle at whatever store you shop at.

Also great for summer hangovers!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
16" electric lawn mower

5" cordless orbital sander

And some sanding disks for it.

Exciting day! Moving into the ~~~future~~~

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Early birthday gift for myself

No more waiting for books to come it at the library like a poor for me!

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy
I ordered me a Blue Yeti from Amazon since it was nearly $100 cheaper than getting it from a local place, only issue is shipping takes 2 weeks (cheapest international option)
I got it since it was a nice mic that didn't require a mixer.
Also I got me some games off Steam, including Dark Souls III.

So basically I got a whole bunch of stuff I don't really need but it made me feel better so I guess that's a good thing :)

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

16" electric lawn mower

5" cordless orbital sander

And some sanding disks for it.

Exciting day! Moving into the ~~~future~~~

Nice, I love Ryobi. Been too afraid to try the lawnmower, though.

In the same-ish vein, been doing some home improvements so..

- makes doing the hinge inlays super easy
- "gently caress, why didn't I just buy the pre-cut doors?"
- gets rid of wood like butter to super specific depths
- vape accessories corded planer because why would they make doorways to be standard widths like they make the doors? :shepspends:

I really should have just bought the pre-hung doors but I'm trying to do more myself/have an excuse to get some real tools/hate myself.

Higgy has a new favorite as of 01:16 on May 8, 2016

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Higgy posted:

I'm trying to do more myself/have an excuse to get some real tools/hate myself.

I don't think DIY is your thing

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slimy Hog posted:

I don't think DIY is your thing

A lot of things aren't but that doesn't stop me from learning and trying (and spending money).

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I have a feeling you are going to loathe that lawnmower quickly.

I have their leaf blower and while its useful, the batteries get eaten up in literally 15 minutes.

Oh I bought these:

RIP $350

Got 4000 miles out of the last set before the rear squared off enough to annoy me.

Digital_Jesus has a new favorite as of 03:35 on May 8, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I did most of my yard with just the out of the box charge to try it out, I have a small yard

Get some Angel GTs, ride forever

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Get some Angel GTs, ride forever

No thanks. I have no desire to endanger myself in corners by putting on a tyre that wont hold up to the power output and break free.

The 390 has the Angels on them and they're not a bad tire, but I dont want to test them on a bike with 4.5x the horsepower.

Digital_Jesus has a new favorite as of 03:44 on May 8, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Got a basically brand new 1st gen Moto 360 off amazon warehouse deals for $75. Also bought this band.

5-port rapid charge USB hub

Deadpool bluray steelbook

new Blues hat

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
This to learn programming with and skype loved ones.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
Some new headphones. They sound real nice.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Oh god it followed me home yesterday and it's still here :ohdear:

2016 Honda Fit. My old civic was on its last legs and I've been wanting to start taking weekend trips up and down the coast so I figured it was time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a 2014 Fit and it's a great little car.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I have a 2014 Fit and it's a great little car.

2012 Fit here. It still looks like a dream and it requires minimal maintenance as well as only one trip to the shop, for repairs which wasn't unplanned.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Higgy posted:

A lot of things aren't but that doesn't stop me from learning and trying (and spending money).

Locally, slab doors are $30 and prehung doors with the jamb and hinges are $80. To buy hinges is about $6, the jambs are something like $20, and once I figure how long it takes to actually hang the thing, install the hinges, drill the door hole - prehung is the way to go.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oneiros posted:

Oh god it followed me home yesterday and it's still here :ohdear:

2016 Honda Fit. My old civic was on its last legs and I've been wanting to start taking weekend trips up and down the coast so I figured it was time.
I have a 2015 Fit and I love it. Best car I've ever owned. Doesn't lack any features, really, except I wish the cup holder layout was designed better, but that's a real minor thing.

The white looks sexy! Mine's a silver and I think I might like yours more.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I have a 2015 Fit and I love it. Best car I've ever owned. Doesn't lack any features, really, except I wish the cup holder layout was designed better, but that's a real minor thing.

The white looks sexy! Mine's a silver and I think I might like yours more.

My only complaints (after two days of ownership) are the touchscreen audio unit and the fact that they don't offer it in the old flat-white colour (taffeta?). I really liked that colour on my civic :sigh:

Thankfully it has audio controls on the steering wheel so I shouldn't have to ever use the touchscreen.

Oneiros has a new favorite as of 04:00 on May 9, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oneiros posted:

Thankfully it has audio controls on the steering wheel so I shouldn't have to ever use the touchscreen.
Yeah, I almost never have to use mine because of the steering wheel controls!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Some light reading

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Some light reading

Is it a one page pamphlet that just says "Because he's a liberal black guy."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

rockcity posted:

Is it a one page pamphlet that just says "Because he's a liberal black guy."?

This but "Because he's a communist Kenyan Muslim"