Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Morris posted:

I'm not sure it's necessarily well suited to our current situation. The 60-day plan seems to be targeted towards getting people core skills as well as the basic skills to rat - very Gallente/drone heavy. Given that we don't really have newbie-friendly AFK ratting space anymore

What makes serpents so much harder than gurmistas? Or are you talking about having to watch for hostiles?

Ratting is one of two methods available to increase ADMs. It's actually a thing that needs to get done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

OWLS! posted:

We love newbies. We love them lots and wish to press them to our space bosom. Be cute, a bittervet will throw isk at you, give you a skillplan, and maybe mentor you. I think we still have that going.

Also last night was p. cool. killed a lawn fleet that outmanned us (And probably outcomped to be fair), murdered a tinkerhell cyno cane out from under the drop, and hosed up killing Suas' machariel.

How useful are logi ships out there? Part of the reason I skipped over groon to go to RvB is that my shiptype of choice doesn't really work solo. RvB is fun but pretty dead outside of EU TZ, and EU TZ is usually when I'm helping with RVCMF.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

CainFortea posted:

What makes serpents so much harder than gurmistas? Or are you talking about having to watch for hostiles?

I think it's mostly that drone ratting may not be the best way to steer newbies now that AFK ratting isn't safe in our space?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

vandalism posted:

I'm trying to get up to level 4 missions and currently have 2 characters at my disposal. One can currently do Caldari l3's, but the other has no rep. He can fly Amarr and Minmatar ships. Either of those faction missions better?

Caldari missions remain a good LP conversion (best in highsec) so carry on there. Shipwise a Maelstom runs L4s and a Mach will blitz them with good skills / a little spent on it.
There are good guides around on blitzing them. Don't fall into the trap of trying to run them to completion or loot everything. There's more money in the LP.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Sweet. Thanks for the info. I set up a maelstrom to shoot poo poo while my Drake tanks 3's to speed things along. The guide to fitting the maelstrom suggested 1400mm artillery and my fitting skills are as far as I can tell perfect. I went with 1200mm, t2 of course, and a bit beefier tank.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think it's mostly that drone ratting may not be the best way to steer newbies now that AFK ratting isn't safe in our space?

It never was safe. You have to pay more attention to Intel now, but it's not that much different. Hell, PH hasn't figured out that putting an afk cloaker in system only works with characters who actually get on ratter kill mails.

I used my freaking carrier to do two FSP finals the other day.

It is less safe than ratting in Deklein 3 months ago. But it's still very doable.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ad by Khad posted:

How useful are logi ships out there? Part of the reason I skipped over groon to go to RvB is that my shiptype of choice doesn't really work solo. RvB is fun but pretty dead outside of EU TZ, and EU TZ is usually when I'm helping with RVCMF.

Logi is useful and good. I'm fairly sure there are 0 people who would say "No, don't hop into a logi" (Unless we're very VERY specifically trying to downship and not scare a gang or something.) We've also been known to fly dumb poo poo like Remote-repping stratioses for blops drops.
Also all logi frigs and cruisers are reimbursable, I believe, and have been forever.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 7, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The trick with Soth is that he actually seems chill and cool until you actually have to organize something with him in some way. When you're a newbee you'll be in a fleet with him and you'll say "yes" to what he wants no matter what the gently caress he wants and you get reimbursement anyway and so you don't think about it. Or if you're a bona-fide chillman like Spankys you don't give a gently caress, and you barely pay attention anyway. So people go for years without realizing how loving bad he is. It's not until you actually have to do some kind of leadership that you realize how awful he is and how bad he is at responding to anyone else's ideas, no matter how uncontroversial and sensible your idea is. Once he has a loving idea in his head it's over.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Oh no! Clay is blue now. I have have committed an egregious error in judgement. Let me back onto the swarm :negative:

I'll twist the knee, bend the knife. Anything!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

Oh no! Clay is blue now. I have have committed an egregious error in judgement. Let me back onto the swarm :negative:

What's a Clay and why does s/he matter?

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

I figured you knew he was blue since he's in PL and you joined PH. One is literally the feeder Corp to the other.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

What's a Clay and why does s/he matter?

He tried to Mandozer but awoxed too close to the sun and was burned to a crisp.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

You're also blue to BFM :laugh:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

You're also blue to BFM :laugh:

Good or evil one?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Both

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Zephyrine posted:

He tried to Mandozer but awoxed too close to the sun and was burned to a crisp.

That's giving Clay too much credit.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

How do I know which is which?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

Just avoid both to be safe

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Zephyrine posted:

One likes schoolchildren.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

ISRAD doesn't have a lot to do with PH, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

CainFortea posted:

It never was safe. You have to pay more attention to Intel now, but it's not that much different. Hell, PH hasn't figured out that putting an afk cloaker in system only works with characters who actually get on ratter kill mails.

I used my freaking carrier to do two FSP finals the other day.

It is less safe than ratting in Deklein 3 months ago. But it's still very doable.

Honestly I've been safer now than I ever was in Dek. In Dek you had a lot less people, but generally they were much more competent and didn't operate in large groups which make it easy to see coming a mile away. Plus even though there is a ton more traffic in systems, most of it is people passing through, looking for camps, or doing sov work.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Everytime this thread brings up what happened to topgoon I feel sad :smith:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Wait that retard clay hakaari is in PL? Wow

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Wait that retard clay hakaari got into pl and angelique douchecanoe couldn't make the cut? Lol wow

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Syndic Thrass posted:

Wait that retard clay hakaari is in PL? Wow

Clay is still failing upwards, I see

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

:wtc:

Waffles isn't PL.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

Wait that retard clay hakaari got into pl and angelique douchecanoe couldn't make the cut? Lol wow

Such is life :shrug:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Xolve posted:

Waffles isn't PL.

It's been p much a decade and still people haven't worked it out. Fire the branding team.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Xolve posted:

Waffles isn't PL.

Guilt by association.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Such is life :shrug:

I think you should shoot Clay next time you get a chance. Always shoot blues, especially if it's Clay Hakaari.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lmao at the crew coming in to defend the caste system

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Waffles isn't PL.

thats like saying karmafleet isnt goons

i mean yall lump sma and fcon in with goons so get hosed

Horde, Waffles, Ncdot = PL deal with it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

it's really important that we draw distinctions between The Same drat People who totally aren't blue and have identifying characteristics such as

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Imgay

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
goons are pl

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Foehammer007 posted:

goons are pl

hosed up if true

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

ISRAD doesn't have a lot to do with PH, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

ISRAD runs programs and fleets teaching the newbeans quite often. Hell I personally run ISBAD which teaches newbies how to properly cloak camp.The cloak camping of Fade by Horde was a direct result of teaching that first batch of ISBAD dudes. Hell I'd go so far to say that ISRAD probably lends the most support to Horde out of any corp in PL.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
hell hell hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

Waffles isn't PL.

Lol. Waffles is basically the AAA team for PL. You will never convince anyone otherwise.

• Locked thread