Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Leperflesh posted:

Since they're not commanders, what are you supposed to use to lead your patrol of summoned Condors around with?

literally anything it doesnt matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Since they're not commanders, what are you supposed to use to lead your patrol of summoned Condors around with?

You can solve this problem like you solve every problem in Dom4: By casting a magic spell

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Samog posted:

for a long time changing the rarity on a site reset everything else about it, so you would have a map full of 0-gem sites unless you remade every site from scratch

thrones are sites too arent they? so if youre lazy and just automate something to change every site you also hit the thrones and then they stop having throne defenders. also who was the insane person who made the level zero sites and actually bothered recreating the characteristics of every site back when changing the rarity did wipe everything

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jsoh posted:

literally anything it doesnt matter

Oh yeah.

Well I was thinking about how they have MEGA STEALTH too but like, there's no commander with equivalent stealth so they'll never be as stealthy as that. But maybe you can get a sorta stealthy commander and then get him to wear some extra stealthy magic pants or w/e.

But I guess patrol strength is cumulative not an average of course so just have a random monkey lead your condors around on a string and you're OK.

As an aside, I noticed they're sacreds. If you have, say, a fire bless, and you bless guys who don't have weapons, do their claws and beaks catch on fire, or does it just not do anything?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you are not stealthy while patrolling anyway unless you have glamour, so if they are patrolling they are not sneaking. and yeah their beaks totally light on fire and its badass

Atlanton
Mar 23, 2013

willus posted:

thrones are sites too arent they? so if youre lazy and just automate something to change every site you also hit the thrones and then they stop having throne defenders. also who was the insane person who made the level zero sites and actually bothered recreating the characteristics of every site back when changing the rarity did wipe everything

I just did a test game and everything seems to be working except for the generation of forts and labs that are tied to searching some sites (i.e. Castle Arcanum or the Citadel of the Loremasters). Thrones work fine too.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Atlanton posted:

I just did a test game and everything seems to be working except for the generation of forts and labs that are tied to searching some sites (i.e. Castle Arcanum or the Citadel of the Loremasters). Thrones work fine too.

I'm not surprised by that, and I think the sites in the games will be broken like that? Unless the sites are somehow triggered to "reveal" when you take it, which will trigger the initial event. I feel like having all sites already searched will result in the events try to fire at the start, but since there's no owner the forts/labs/temples/whatever don't get created. Just a guess though as I have not done any sort of testing!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Atlanton posted:

there;s only one way to find out, and that is to immediately start a game without doing any more testing!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I can in fact tell you already that one of the sites that should spawn lab/fort stuff does not actually do that, you get the other stuff from it though.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

MF_James posted:

I'm not surprised by that, and I think the sites in the games will be broken like that? Unless the sites are somehow triggered to "reveal" when you take it, which will trigger the initial event. I feel like having all sites already searched will result in the events try to fire at the start, but since there's no owner the forts/labs/temples/whatever don't get created. Just a guess though as I have not done any sort of testing!

I was playing a game with preset sites, and it seems to have indies inside a fort.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

amuayse posted:

I was playing a game with preset sites, and it seems to have indies inside a fort.

This will happen if the fort sites are not disabled. It's cool and good.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

well the EA no secrets game I can for sure tell you one of the sites did not have a thing it was supposed to, although it could have been in the province before I took it, and taking it destroyed said thing for some reason, but it shouldn't have.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

amuayse posted:

That's real cool and now I want to mod the game so that has a chance of happening naturally. It shouldn't be very hard at all.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

fool_of_sound posted:

That's real cool and now I want to mod the game so that has a chance of happening naturally. It shouldn't be very hard at all.
It isn't, you just reveal fort sites and oh look it's indies in a fort.

Atlanton
Mar 23, 2013

jBrereton posted:

It isn't, you just reveal fort sites and oh look it's indies in a fort.

Doesn't that require you to create an event for every site?

I've been trying another method of revealing sites using the #revealsite command, but in my testing, #revealsite only works when the event specifies the site name at the end of the msg.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Atlanton posted:

Doesn't that require you to create an event for every site?

I've been trying another method of revealing sites using the #revealsite command, but in my testing, #revealsite only works when the event specifies the site name at the end of the msg.

Nah, just add a common site that's an autorevealed fort. No even modding needed.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

willus posted:

seo had missing throne guardians because of something else

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

At least he isn't UNFILIAL.

Naksu
Jul 22, 2007
Babby game progress:

In the second year, the defenders have been butchered and to my information the game's first capital siege is in progress.

Edit: < Treebot> New turn in Babbygame (21). Gone AI: MA Arcoscephale

:woop:

Naksu fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 1, 2016

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Here's a tip for new players: don't suicide your entire starting army, PG, and T1 recruitment into a throne province that you can "definitely take" after pinging with a scout. That's a Goon_Mod_Madness tip right there.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Funny thing: Forts that indies own have no defense outside it, so you can siege it with a scout and watch them slowly starve to death while you get half the province's income

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
So, I've been hinting for a couple of weeks that I had a mod nation in the pipeline. It's ready for balance-testing now, and is effectively feature-complete, just needs a little bit more flavor and some heroes to tie it into existing Dominions lore.

The basic idea was to have a nation whose random starting path would set the tone for the rest of the game, largely inspired by CoE but also by the fact that none of the vanilla summons can break you into an elemental path you don't already have (unlike the sorceries). I decided to make it MA, mostly because I didn't think it was magically powerful enough for EA, but too strong for LA.

The troop lineup is fairly generic outside of the capitol, with Longspear, Javelineer, Archer, Light Cav, and two Heavy Infantries. Your only recruit-anywhere mage is a N1 50%N 25%SN with a little bit of fortunetelling. In my test games I ended up pretty deep in N2s, with enough N1S1 and N2S1 to get the necessities taken care of. Your other recruit-anywhere commanders include a troop-leading H1 priest, as well a troop leader for your magic beings and a resource-bonus dude with mundane research capacity.

From of the Cap, you get four flavors of nonsacred elemental infantry and an ethereal sacred. The Sacred has homesickness, so you're not likely to use them much after expansion. But if you take a point or two of Prod, you should be able to poo poo a rainbow of hurt onto any attempted rushes. You also get an StR ethereal H2 50%S priest who should have no trouble taking on a couple points of PD with a little reinvig.

Summonable troops are varied, but pretty much come down to a little blocker at Conj1, MagmaKid/Gnome/Sylph at Conj3, and a sacred at Conj5. You also get a scaling summon for the cap-only nonsacreds in Const. Finally, you can summon two levels of mages in the elemental flavors, costed so you can probably get a cheap one every turn or an expensive one every other turn and still afford the troop summons. I've set up a site-creating event so that you're only going to have good starting income for one element in each game, even though it's probably a good idea to look for ways to break into the others.

Download Link

Edit:
Update 1.01
*Fixed dog fist, it now bites
*Removed scaling on Snowmen
*Fixed cavalry buckler
*Fixed Pyre cat weapon mixup
*Snowman has a nose
*typos
*fixed the filepath errors
*gave stream snakes slimer since their bite doesn't seem to be working -still not working? Does slimer effect work for any vanilla units!?!
*increased gems from 6 -> 7 on the event sites so you can afford more mages
*added Statue of the Underworld to god choices, since there's no chance anybody would ever take it over Irminsul anyway
*removed scaling from Thunder Hawks spell
*set nametypes
*upped fat damage on steal breath from 25 to 35, range & ammo from 15 to 20
*moved random apprentice summon from thaum3 to thaum4
*buffed stats & resists slightly on Snowman, Stream Snake, Wave Knight (water felt like weakest path)

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 10, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Speleothing posted:

So, I've been hinting for a couple of weeks that I had a mod nation in the pipeline. It's ready for balance-testing now, and is effectively feature-complete, just needs a little bit more flavor and some heroes to tie it into existing Dominions lore.

The basic idea was to have a nation whose random starting path would set the tone for the rest of the game, largely inspired by CoE but also by the fact that none of the vanilla summons can break you into an elemental path you don't already have (unlike the sorceries). I decided to make it MA, mostly because I didn't think it was magically powerful enough for EA, but too strong for LA.

The troop lineup is fairly generic outside of the capitol, with Longspear, Javelineer, Archer, Light Cav, and two Heavy Infantries. Your only recruit-anywhere mage is a N1 50%N 25%SN with a little bit of fortunetelling. In my test games I ended up pretty deep in N2s, with enough N1S1 and N2S1 to get the necessities taken care of. Your other recruit-anywhere commanders include a troop-leading H1 priest, as well a troop leader for your magic beings and a resource-bonus dude with mundane research capacity.

Out of the Cap, you get four flavors of nonsacred elemental infantry and an ethereal sacred. The Sacred has homesickness, so you're not likely to use them much after expansion. But if you take a point or two of Prod, you should be able to poo poo a rainbow of hurt onto any attempted rushes. You also get an StR ethereal H2 50%S priest who should have no trouble taking on a couple points of PD with a little reinvig.

Summonable troops are varied, but pretty much come down to a little blocker at Conj1, MagmaKid/Gnome/Sylph at Conj3, and a sacred at Conj5. You also get a scaling summon for the cap-only nonsacreds in Const. Finally, you can summon two levels of mages in the elemental flavors, costed so you can probably get a cheap one every turn or an expensive one every other turn and still afford the troop summons. I've set up a site-creating event so that you're only going to have good starting income for one element in each game, even though it's probably a good idea to look for ways to break into the others.

Download Link

the initial test of this has been cool but for whatever reason it said something along the lines of 'This Nation Has 78 Errors' when i activated it from the menu so that might be worrisome. nothing seems broken yet, though.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Speleothing posted:

So, I've been hinting for a couple of weeks that I had a mod nation in the pipeline...

Nation checks out.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Where is the carrot nose this mod nation had best be an alpha

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

jBrereton posted:

Where is the carrot nose stovepipe hat this mod nation had best be an alpha

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Here's some stuff

Dog has a fist attack instead of bite

Scout Cavalry sprite has a shield but the unit doesn't

Air Walker description has a typo (sheilds)

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 3, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FIST OF THE NORTH DOG

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I installed the mod, started Dominions, and clicked on the Mod Menu. Dominions instantly crashed and killed my video card, disabling my monitor. I had to blindly Alt-F4 until I could get my PC to restart.

It looks really good though, besides that.

Edit: ok I got into the mod menu the second time, I don't know what the heck.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 3, 2016

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Mu. posted:

I installed the mod, started Dominions, and clicked on the Mod Menu. Dominions instantly crashed and killed my video card, disabling my monitor. I had to blindly Alt-F4 until I could get my PC to restart.

It looks really good though, besides that.

I have no idea what would cause that :confused:. Though there are apparently 78 errors, so one of them is likely the culprit. Maybe it's the file format on my sprites?

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I think it was just a Dominions crash and not a yourmod crash.

Dominions actually tells you what your errors are if you right-click the mod in the list. Yours are just the sprite paths:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
The sprites work so they clearly are allowed?? TRILLWINTER

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Add a dot or take away the slash and your problems are solved.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

jBrereton what happened to your guide? Did you give up?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I got unbelievably busy and also for some reason was thinking of doing it in nation order, which meant Ermor next. Which is a nation I really don't know that well and as such is hard to give people good advice about.

But aye am off for a drink for a bit and will upload some more games of my LP and maybe work on some guides tomorrow or something.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
do we use discord yet

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I uploaded a lot of turns to the YouTube webspace. Like a year's worth. Here's the start of the ones that weren't uploaded before.

May do some nation guides today or not, it's nice out.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Mu asked me the other day for an updated version of the mod I posted. So here is version 1.01, which should be better in every way except compatibility, which I've made no effort on..

Download Link

Edit: turns out the #slimer effect needs a number. Go ahead and put a 2 in there.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
GMM: how do the clowns have a dwarf super combatant

• Locked thread