Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Is it more depressing that when the Bonnie update dropped I went "Oh poo poo, this is my ex girlfriend, right down to the fat rear end, criminal record, and violence inducing alcohol abuse"?

Yep. It, in fact, is more depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yep. It, in fact, is more depressing.

Would you like a hug?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

Is it more depressing that when the Bonnie update dropped I went "Oh poo poo, this is my ex girlfriend, right down to the fat rear end, criminal record, and violence inducing alcohol abuse"?

Now there's the skunkrocker we all know!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Would you like a hug?

I feel like you're the one who needs one at this point.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

Finally got home to watch the trailer. Teaser is right. Still, those Docs, that mask, and her suit... I'm loving digging her character, and that new rifle doesn't look too shabby either... what is it? I see an AR15 style upper receiver.

short barrel HK416 lacking one of the vents on the foregrip it looks like

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah, this is kind of my bag.
a good punk look can be tricky to pull off but you did drat fine and I was impressed on sight tbh

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skunkrocker posted:

stop comparing your personal life to Payday 2 characters, gently caress

there isn't enough alcohol in the world to make me drunk enough to think this was an okay thing for anyone, ever, at any time, to post

and yet here we are

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Seems like ECMs are kind of hosed up at the moment. If you've got all the upgrades, the ECM lasts for the whole 30s. But after ~15s, the ECM starts blinking. At 20s, the sound effect stops, and it looks like the ECM is off. But it's still working. You just can't see it.

Or my game's hosed and I'm the only one with that problem.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i want to gently caress the video game

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A word of warning to folks. I've decided to start reporting bugs that we've been using to to make the game easier, and the changes to bug reporting mean they're probably actually going to get fixed. Examples include repairing the drill/picking up gold thru the van on Slaughterhouse, blue SWAT spawns on same (which may actually make it easier) and the bugged delayed police response on HM day 1. Someone else already spilled the beans on immobilizing guards on BB.

They're never gonna find out about the crate trick, though. I'm carrying that one to my grave.

watho posted:

I like that one dude who Vox quoted who said OVK could implement drum mags but chose not to for some reason. It's not that the reason why they don't have them as mods is because the engine can't give weapons different animations based on what mods they have, no. They had those finished assets just waiting for the proper time to monetize them.

I never thought of that- that makes a ton of sense! I assumed it was a balance problem.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

... and the changes to bug reporting mean they're probably actually going to get fixed.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

dublish posted:

I'll believe that when I see it.

Have you not been checking the patch notes since crimefest? Those are all from reported bugs-many from things I've reported. The bug reporting subforum on steam has gotten a extensive makeover, with dedicated community mods and Tobias from overkill logging every report within 24 hours.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I never thought of that- that makes a ton of sense! I assumed it was a balance problem.

Nah, they made the quadstacked mags as a way of having something with the stats of the big mags but without the arms clipping through them. The reason why the AA12 has a drum mag is because it always uses the animations of the drum which looks kinda goofy on the box mag but still make sense.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe Sydney will finally bring some new music to my Soundtrack :v:

Gotta say, she looks totally like a punk that got to join the group and at the very end of the meet and greet Dallas said "oh and one more thing, we at least try to look professional, see if you can squeeze into a suit" and she's rocking it. I really dig the combat boots and tats too, can't wait for someone to datamine her voicelines.

BillmasterCozb posted:

I hope she doesn't wear armor on her legs

Unless you equip the ICTV I don't think anyone does - or does the CTV have tigh-padding?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Anyone planning on running heists today?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's still a gulf between goons in the beta and those too lazy to deal with it like me. But since Sydney's coming out I wonder if the Skill beta has a foreseeable end now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Crabtree posted:

There's still a gulf between goons in the beta and those too lazy to deal with it like me. But since Sydney's coming out I wonder if the Skill beta has a foreseeable end now.

There's half a tree that isn't implemented yet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kikas posted:

Unless you equip the ICTV I don't think anyone does - or does the CTV have tigh-padding?

Well I meant on the ICTV, so that I can do my own Ned Kelly cosplay

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

watho posted:

There's half a tree that isn't implemented yet.

Technician's been like 1/10th of a tree since launch and that didn't stop OVK from going along with that until now.

Also I'll never understand how anyone can poo poo on this thread in its most vox/skunkrocker moments when the steam forums continue to exist.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Skunkrocker posted:

The only mistake here is letting a catch like that go, imho

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Technician's been like 1/10th of a tree since launch and that didn't stop OVK from going along with that until now.

Also I'll never understand how anyone can poo poo on this thread in its most vox/skunkrocker moments when the steam forums continue to exist.

Dude, ouch. Some comparisons go too far. I give the thread magnificent content.

Speaking of which, Eddie Ecklund, aka Coyotemation, is one of the lead animators for trailer and promotional videos for Payday. He's posted a ton of photos from the event in Austin that OVerkill is attending. The competitive Payday 2 thing is happening there too.

Some highlights:

He also went to a Weird Al concert earlier if you're into that sort of thing.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
gently caress, I need Etebari's suit.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Crabtree posted:

If anything, the bad moments are fleeting. It's the only thread I regularly check on in Games these days, and not just to make sure the OP keeps up with current information. I just like how it's managed to avoid the GBS/Imp Zone invasion of Games with thread strafing, memes, and the layers of irony that make anyone afraid to admit they're enjoying the game. I'll take a gigantic Vox post that I can choose to read or ignore than someone shouting down the posting with "haha look at all those words you human being I call this game Retard TOoo."

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Sykic posted:

at first glance i read this as "gently caress etabari's suit" and i was about to get real mad

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

at first glance i read this as "gently caress etabari's suit" and i was about to get real mad

Pff, like you wouldn't gently caress that suit and the man inside. I'm on to you, thread.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
gently caress Etebari's suit. I will never have one that rad or look that good in one.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I give the thread magnificent content.

YOU CREATED THE TAKE A BREAK SKUNKROCKER ASSAULT SCROLLER?!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
How long until the mod that gives Dallas Etebari's amazing suit?

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Jesus tittyfucking christ Sydney :allears:

That trailer is actually pinging my nostalgia for something I can't quite put my finger on, probably getting shitfaced in Newtown :haw:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Skunkrocker posted:

YOU CREATED THE TAKE A BREAK SKUNKROCKER ASSAULT SCROLLER?!

We only say it because we care.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

RandallODim posted:

How long until the mod that gives Dallas Etebari's amazing suit?

That will come in the "Even More Completely Overkill Pack" for 49.95

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sykic posted:

I actually have a blazer that looks a lot like that.

It's EXACTLY as awesome as you'd expect with a maroon or red shirt.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Speaking of great content, while I wait for Sydney to arive and the beta to stabilize, I've been playing some more Payday 1. You know what that means...

Windmill Update:

~1200 GL40 kills to go
~700 Reinbeck kills to go

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
From the R6S thread:

http://i.imgur.com/FVTVKI1.mp4

Not only is it hilarious when these situations happens, it puts iron man ace to shame. The PD2 shield stumble animation where they get knocked down is so terrible in comparison I regretted trying out iron man ace in the first place within seconds. :cripes:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Did you really expect animations made in Diesel all the way back in 2013 could compete with the fidelity of a TC game that came out in 2015?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Crabtree posted:

Did you really expect animations made in Diesel all the way back in 2013 could compete with the fidelity of a TC game that came out in 2015?

I expect the shield bash to leave the shield wide open to attack so the skill is worth using, not completely vindicate spending leftover points in a ICTV build on anything but iron man ace. The variation in the PD2 animations isn't helpful; bashing in R6S leaves the shield user vulnerable to headshots from the front and behind because it knocks the shield away from their body. The mechanic is the same between both games but it only works consistently in one of them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

They're never gonna find out about the crate trick, though. I'm carrying that one to my grave.

Which one is this? Hit me up on Steam/PM if need be.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Crabtree posted:

It's ok crabtree you can just say it's a lovely bad engine good animation wasn't invented in 2014.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wasn't Diesel originally designed for racing games? At least it's not voxels.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Delacroix posted:

I expect the shield bash to leave the shield wide open to attack so the skill is worth using, not completely vindicate spending leftover points in a ICTV build on anything but iron man ace. The variation in the PD2 animations isn't helpful; bashing in R6S leaves the shield user vulnerable to headshots from the front and behind because it knocks the shield away from their body. The mechanic is the same between both games but it only works consistently in one of them.

It used to, actually, there was only one shield stumble animation and it left the shield wide open to a follow up attack. This was changed with many less vulnerable animations because :tootzzz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigeonchest bill
Dec 7, 2007

Delacroix posted:

I think it works at it's best when you don't have any anti-shield weapons and they are stacked in a narrow corridor or doorway.
Might also be good for people who don't want to run around shields to get those achievements for weapon specific melee kills on shields.
Though IM aced lets you sprint and shoot. That's great fun with a flamethrower in maps like diamond/hotline miami where you have such tight corridors to run around in.