Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yare yare daze....

I'm not trying to start a fight here, just saying how stoked and hyped I am for more JoJo shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Yare yare daze....

I'm not trying to start a fight here, just saying how stoked and hyped I am for more JoJo shenanigans.

Everyone in the JoJo threads is constantly ready to fight at the drop of a hat because they're so riled up from thinking about Star Platinum all the time

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hace posted:

Starudust Crusaders gave me cancer

That's the risk we take when exposing ourselves to something so rad.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The end of Stardust Crusaders is definitely better than the beginning but it was a fun road trip. DiU thankfully delivers a lot of what I wish were more common in SDC, which is the characters just hanging out with each other in situations that weren't always life threatening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nyaa posted:

I was wondering how Josuke will solve the dead cat guilt trap since he can't revive the dead, and then it's just a toy. It feel a little cop out by the author, but great episode nonetheless!

How the gently caress is that a cop out, it was a scam, the goddamn point is that it was fake.

Edit: Actually, if it was a real cat, the scene would not have actually worked, because if it was real, Josuke fixing it up would still mean Koichi ran over a real-rear end cat and he'd still have the guilt.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 8, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

no they will not posted:

Everyone in the JoJo threads is constantly ready to fight at the drop of a hat because they're so riled up from thinking about Star Platinum all the time

I'm riled up in my pants thinking about SP, for sure

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
This fight between Magician's Red and Star Platinum is pretty loving cool. I especially love how everyone else doesn't get it, it's like invisible genies fighting each other.

I wonder if this relates to Hamon at all, though? Guess I'll find out...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just gonna stop you at the pass before you go barking up an immensely wrong tree and say that the Ripple is pretty much over in part 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I wonder if this relates to Hamon at all, though? Guess I'll find out...

Hamon is somewhat tied to Joseph's Stand, but otherwise no.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I certainly would like ham on my eggs, thanks for asking

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Dio actually took over Jonathan's body, didn't he?

DIOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :argh: :ssj:

E: I'm not sure if I like Jotaro's gag of calling his mom a bitch and her just immediately accepting it or not. So far Joseph is more awesome.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 8, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jotaro is a 17 year old who reacts to his mother showing him any affection in public with sputtering out the first curse word he can think of.

He's real weiner

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jotaro doesn't quite have endearing traits from the outset, no.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

More JoJo parents reports.

Both my mom and dad said that this one isn't grabbing them as much as part 3 was. They liked how part 3 took place on a journey through lots of places, and aren't sure how they feel about it all taking place in a single town. I think this might be because they feel not as much "progress" is taking place, since there's nothing to easily gauge it by. Seeing as how they both watch other shows without much action and that take place in one or two locations, I think this is more them thinking "But JoJo is..." rather than anything against this part itself. Kinda how people coming off of part 1 and 2 were like "But where's Hamon?!" when they watched part 3. Hopefully they can put that aside and enjoy this part's pacing.

They liked the Nijimura Brothers episodes more than Echoes, probably because there was more action and a bit of intrigue with the appearance of Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Josuke is growing on my mom, but my dad is still firmly in the Jotaro camp (before we watched Echoes, he asked when Jotaro was going to show up again). Neither of my parents can pronounce Koichi's name, with my dad giving it a good try of "Kosshy."

Sidenote: For Mother's Day I drew my mom a picture of Polnareff since he's her least favorite part 3 character.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Moltrey posted:

Jotaro is a 17 year old who reacts to his mother showing him any affection in public with sputtering out the first curse word he can think of.

He's real weiner

I mean, I related to the feeling as a 17 year old with an overbearing mother then too, but I still didn't call her a bitch to her face.

E: ^^^ poo poo, at least your parents are willing to watch anime, be thankful for that alone.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jotaro's got some anger issues starting out and his mom knows that this is just a weird teen phase (as shown in all those photos of him before high school) and isn't bothered by it. Granted, her not stopping him is a big problem, please teach your son to respect women, Mrs. Kujo

Holly is way cooler than Jotaro anyway tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He goes to Egypt to save her and grows into an upstanding member of society through his own choices

Holly did the right thing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Holly made some poor choices when raising her son, but there's only so much she can do when her husband's a famous a jazz musician.

If Kakyoin was there to raise Jotaro, a lot of things would be different.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder what Holly and Sadao are up to in Part 4.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The Stardust Crusaders OP is pretty baller, at least.

E: Based on what Dio says, does that mean The World should have been Jonathan's Stand?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 8, 2016

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

The World is all Dio. What would have been Jonathan's stand gets shown a little farther ahead.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder what Holly and Sadao are up to in Part 4.

Sadao's probably on tour again and Holly's gearing up to meet her little brother.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: I'm not sure if I like Jotaro's gag of calling his mom a bitch and her just immediately accepting it or not. So far Joseph is more awesome.

The official manga translation went with a stern "Woman" instead which is much better imo

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Blue Nation posted:

The World is all Dio. What would have been Jonathan's stand gets shown a little farther ahead.
In which part?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

He's real weiner

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Housh posted:

In which part?

3, when he uses what looks like Hermit Purple to spy on the crusaders.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm riled up in my pants thinking about SP, for sure

Baal doesn't leave home without at least seven of these.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The Stardust Crusaders OP is pretty baller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwv_2OKxZr8

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 8, 2016

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I love the poo poo out of Jotaros characters design and I have no clue why. I think it carried me through the lamer bits of SC before Jotaro started being totally cool all the time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a cool outfit for a cool guy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

jotaro tries to be a hardass rebel but when he brings kakyoin to the house, he takes both their shoes off even though kak's unconscious and being carried, cause he ain't disrespect his momma's house like that

and the next day when she's not there to give him a goodbye kiss he immediately gets upset and goes sprinting to find out what's wrong

jotaro is a secret Good Boy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's a complicated man and no one understands him but his momma

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The Stardust Crusaders OP is pretty baller, at least.

E: Based on what Dio says, does that mean The World should have been Jonathan's Stand?

Hey, since you're done with Part 2, check this bad boy out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I mean, I related to the feeling as a 17 year old with an overbearing mother then too, but I still didn't call her a bitch to her face.

E: ^^^ poo poo, at least your parents are willing to watch anime, be thankful for that alone.
You can appreciate Jotaro more when you realize he's actually a huge goober that loves his momma and is determined to make everyone think he's cool. Araki even said that Jotaro is all stoic because he's always thinking of cheesy one-liners.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I can't watch any more JoJo right now, but I'm still reeling from how awesome Avdol and Magician's Red are. Also, Koinku whoever and Hierophant Green are kind of dicks right now based on what I last saw, even with the obligatory fanservice with the nurse.

E: Kakyoin, rather.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
koinku

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

koinku that mom

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Accordion Man posted:

You can appreciate Jotaro more when you realize he's actually a huge goober that loves his momma and is determined to make everyone think he's cool. Araki even said that Jotaro is all stoic because he's always thinking of cheesy one-liners.

Plus the fact that he only knows high-school levels of english so he has a hard time talking fluidly with everyone.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg

this is important viewing for the jojo babby

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

( u dont need to remember)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm giggling really hard at Koinku

• Locked thread