Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

My in laws are from Leicester and the last time they were out here they were saying how they need to move to Canada because "there are so few Muslims around." I thought about reminding them about how they are just as much immigrant as the muslims are, but I don't think it would have mattered.

We need a lot fewer English people in Canada. They bring their thug culture of soccer riots and daytime alcoholism here and don't even know what side of the road to drive on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Slavvy posted:

It's about time they start paying you back for all the mickey mouse cowboy baseball apple pie horseshit you infected their culture with after dropping the bomb.

Jeez dude. You all right?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mat_Drinks posted:

Jeez dude. You all right?

I don't know, man, as an American, I am plagued with guilt for something that happened three generations ago. I also feel personal responsibility for slavery. I spend nights awake flogging myself for killing the Indians. Because, you see, the American culture was forced upon the rest of the world by use of force and not from other cultures' emulation.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Maybe if your cultures were stronger that wouldn't have happened. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We need a lot fewer English people in Canada. They bring their thug culture of soccer riots and daytime alcoholism here and don't even know what side of the road to drive on.

Can we set up an exchange whereby if someone proves they're not a colossal dipshit they can be exchanged with someone who is?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Slavvy posted:

It's about time they start paying you back for all the mickey mouse cowboy baseball apple pie horseshit you infected their culture with after dropping the bomb.

Baseball became popular in Japan in the 1870s. And US cowboy culture is a product of western movies which owe a lot to Japanese samurai movies so it works pretty recursively.

I guess what I'm saying is that Japanese and American cultures have been pretty closely related for a long time.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

Seen just now and I think it's cool:

That's amazing!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

meatpimp posted:

I don't know, man, as an American, I am plagued with guilt for something that happened three generations ago. I also feel personal responsibility for slavery. I spend nights awake flogging myself for killing the Indians. Because, you see, the American culture was forced upon the rest of the world by use of force and not from other cultures' emulation.

I don't get what's so hard about recognizing that all of those things had terrible effects that are still being felt today but not feeling personal guilt about it. Guilt doesn't solve problems.

(Yes I know you are being sarcastic here)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I will happily take British culture over the current redneck, good ol boy, confederate flag, lifted truck, fuckface culture we currently have.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I will happily take British culture over the current redneck, good ol boy, confederate flag, lifted truck, fuckface culture we currently have.

How does Canada manage to both be better and worse than the US at the same time?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

This is seriously a thing in Canada?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Guessing he lives in Alberta.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SCA Enthusiast posted:

How does Canada manage to both be better and worse than the US at the same time?
Buzzfeed is our most prestigious political news source.

iwentdoodie posted:

Guessing he lives in Alberta.
Or BC or most of Ontario.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MustardFacial posted:

My in laws are from Leicester and the last time they were out here they were saying how they need to move to Canada because "there are so few Muslims around." I thought about reminding them about how they are just as much immigrant as the muslims are, but I don't think it would have mattered.
No, please, move them to Canada, it's fine, we won't miss them.

Though I do find that if I spend a couple of days away somewhere, I kind of start thinking "Man, there's a lot of white people here".

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

88h88 posted:

London has a Muslim mayor. We are all hosed, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

...is basically what I've been reading on the internet so far this morning. I wonder what it's like going through life being so afraid of everyone else.

Just imagine how loving bland eating in england would be if Pakistanis and Indian Muslims hadn't moved in.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Just gonna drop this in here (from the Craigslist thread) because this car is just down the street from me and I've been dying to ask if they'll sell it, turns out they are and I'm just losing my poo poo over here.

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's not on craigslist, it's just down the street. 1982 Datsun 280ZX

Doesn't run, but I can't find any rust or anything. Theoretically needs a new fuel pump, god knows what else it might need. They're asking $1000, I intend to offer $600.

Edit: just got off the phone with the owner. He said he parked it 10 years ago. At that time, he could get it to run by feeding fuel to the engine, but it couldn't pump it from the tank--he figures the fuel pump was clogged. He also says the transmission would pop out of reverse; how unique were these transmissions? (were they also in the pickups?)

This seems like an exquisitely bad idea but I'm also kinda at half-mast over here already. It's not visible in the pictures but after 10 years in the sun, the rear view mirror plastic basically crumbled and is spread all over the floor. Luckily they had louvres on the back, a cover on the (already-cracked) dash, so only the front seats got turbo-hosed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

meatpimp posted:

I think your biggest cultural crime is not knowing how to take a joke :)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Man May is a saucy month

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

QuarkMartial posted:

Seen just now and I think it's cool:

60 series wagons are so rad

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pham Nuwen posted:

This seems like an exquisitely bad idea but I'm also kinda at half-mast over here already. It's not visible in the pictures but after 10 years in the sun, the rear view mirror plastic basically crumbled and is spread all over the floor. Luckily they had louvres on the back, a cover on the (already-cracked) dash, so only the front seats got turbo-hosed.

I assume because this was posted in the past you now own this?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'll certainly take a non-rusting, non-running Z over a rusty running Z.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

I'll certainly take a non-rusting, non-running Z over a rusty running Z.

Correct.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cakefool posted:

I assume because this was posted in the past you now own this?

I'll be talking to the owners later today... for whatever reason it's been sitting at the house across the street for 10 years, and those people had a yard sale today which is how I found out it's for sale.

I already had a brief phone conversation with the owner, who said when he parked it, he could get it to run by feeding fuel directly but it wouldn't draw from the tank. He also mentioned the popping out of reverse thing. He said they received their new duplicate title yesterday.

I intend to offer $500 in view of it sitting 10 years, needs new tires, needs new rubber, probably needs a transmission. I've got cash on hand and will roll it to my driveway as soon as we make a deal, which should be tempting to them--no hassle on their part.

Edit: If I buy this car, can I buy stupid pants and blather on about euphoria, or is that reserved for 300ZX owners?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Didn't you just start the newest job? Thought it was going good

Ah that was an internship and it ended in November, I'm trying to get a job there but I had worked in IT while there and I want a dev job instead because that's what I studied and it wasn't my jam

Like I do it and I'm good at it but I'd rather code

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Slavvy posted:

I think your biggest cultural crime is not knowing how to take a joke :)

And yours is not recognizing sarcasm, I guess. :shrug:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Edit: If I buy this car, can I buy stupid pants and blather on about euphoria, or is that reserved for 300ZX owners?

They must be pajama and please make sure to use wd-40 on everything.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SouthsideSaint posted:

please make sure to use wd-40 on everything.
I was moving a lathe around today and it got caught in a thunderstorm-related downpour, so I used an airline to blow it down and doused everything in WD-40.

Having now actually used the stuff for what it's meant for, am I going to get a silencing visit from someone? :ohdear:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gimpsuitjones posted:

60 series wagons are so rad

If you can find one that doesn't have its roof held up by rust, bondo and well wishes- those gutters rotted out BAD.

And the US never got the really good 60- the HJ61 with the 12HT turbo diesel.

They're cool trucks but front and rear leaf springs mean they still ride like an ox cart

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

InitialDave posted:

I was moving a lathe around today and it got caught in a thunderstorm-related downpour, so I used an airline to blow it down and doused everything in WD-40.

Having now actually used the stuff for what it's meant for, am I going to get a silencing visit from someone? :ohdear:

Use your penetrant as you please. I was simply making a sperglordfirecock joke. I mean if I remember right wd-40 was used to help prevent rust on boat missles or something so it should work for what you want.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 8, 2016

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tide posted:

Unfortunately yes. I blame Alberta. At least when their provincial economy wasn't in the shitter, those stupid chucklefucks were contained. But now they're all jumping ship like rats and coming here.

Makes me actually wish Cascadia was a real place.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 8, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SouthsideSaint posted:

Use your penetrant as you please. I was simply making a sperglordfirecock joke. I mean if I remember right wd-40 was used to help prevent rust on boat missles or something so it should work for what you want.
Nah, i know The Ballad Of Pyjama Pants Doriftu.

I was more joking about the fact that every fucker uses WD-40 for everything except the one thing it was intended for. Also, Atlas missiles, I believe

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Nah, i know The Ballad Of Pyjama Pants Doriftu.

That is the perfect description. Thank you kind wordsmith.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/29/stick-shift-baffles-would-be-car-thieves-in-florida.html

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy shitballs that fire up in Alberta is a monster of a thing...

And heres us about ready to sack all our seasonal fire crew for the year and im sitting at home in jeans and a jumper because its cold outside!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

And heres us about ready to sack all our seasonal fire crew for the year and im sitting at home in jeans and a jumper because its cold outside!

Ironic that the town famous for the Oil Sands is the one affected by a fire that was strongly influenced by Climate Change. But, yeah, it sucks for the people who lived there.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elmnt80 posted:

Also, this dumb rental 200 has an anti-burnout setting. It won't rev past 2500 with me holding the brakes. :commissar:

Isn't that how they work generally?

Also I've returned three iPhones to people before, or at least to the AT&T store. :P

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

gently caress deer.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ferremit posted:

Yeah, the smoke of that thing is making Des Moines look like Silent Hill today. It's a hell of a fire.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

gently caress deer.

Fuckin' a. That happen tonight? Everybody ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Fuckin' a. That happen tonight? Everybody ok?

The deer's probably not doing so hot

• Locked thread