Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theacox posted:

An article about Dave Blaney being injured tonight in a sprint car crash has been accompanied by this very helpful image.

link

Taken from the car on a backboard, transported to hospital via ambulance. CT scan revealed no breaks and although sore, he was released from the hospital just after midnight.

e- hope he's at Eastern States this year :ohdear: these are the kinds of things that get a 53 year old to hang it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My favorite part was when the 2nd caution clock happened and a car hit the wall then died at pit road,which kept it closed then cars kept on dying because they ran out of gas causing pit road to stay closed causing... well you get it, I was laughing my rear end off.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Anyone else feel like this all star race format reeks of desperation? It's like NASCAR is admitting their regular product is so boring that they have to write a script to create drama.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

No, just because they've always done odd poo poo in a non-points race.

Whether they still need to run it these days, I'm not sure.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The All-Star race is ultimately meaningless so they can gently caress around with it as much as they want as far as I'm concerned.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

If anything it needs to be more ridiculous.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

The All-Star race is ultimately meaningless so they can gently caress around with it as much as they want as far as I'm concerned.
This.

mearn posted:

If anything it needs to be more ridiculous.
Absolutely this.

I think they should also give the defending NXS and Truck champions each a spot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am way into that idea

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

all living champions of the top three NASCAR series get an entry, BUT they must drive one of the cars in which they won a title

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I had to watch this race for work yesterday. As a NASCAR outsider the 20 minute caution is so stupid.

Also the sequence where a truck ran out of gas, blocked the pit entrance so trucks had to do another lap, to another truck running out of gas was real high quality.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dale Jr's got this All-Star poo poo covered, y'all. Literal visions:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/728947944716525568

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dale Jr's got this All-Star poo poo covered, y'all. Literal visions:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/728947944716525568

???

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

soggybagel posted:

I had to watch this race for work yesterday. As a NASCAR outsider the 20 minute caution is so stupid.

Also the sequence where a truck ran out of gas, blocked the pit entrance so trucks had to do another lap, to another truck running out of gas was real high quality.

Similar to drivers' development schedules, you should start by watching ARCA races.

In fact, just watch ARCA races as it's all downhill from there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kinda bummed we can't follow Talladega up with the Derby this year in IRC like we did the last few.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Six-hour, three-part NASCAR documentary starts tomorrow at 9 Eastern on CMT: http://www.cmt.com/news/1764837/nascar-the-rise-of-american-speed-to-feature-dale-earnhardt-jr-jeff-gordon-and-more/

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

The All-Star race is not meaningless. It clearly marks the end of the pre-season and the start of the regular season. Kyle proved that last year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

78 team is cursed I'm pretty sure

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was the most bizarre wreck of all time

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
:twisted: Logano :twisted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*checks watch* still tired of kyle busch wins

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

4-5-6-7 in Fantasy. Thank gently caress.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/dalejr/status/729170047155982337

Seriously, Dale Jr. is cool and good.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I think from now on Ima root for junior.. he seems like a chill guy, as much as I hate him, I hate the super busch brothers more.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nascar needs more of this

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

tater_salad posted:

I think from now on Ima root for junior.. he seems like a chill guy, as much as I hate him, I hate the super busch brothers more.

Yeah he's so relentlessly likeable.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

looooool

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

LordPants posted:

Yeah he's so relentlessly likeable.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. A hell of an adjective to use with "likeable."

I missed the race last night. Other than a bad winner, did anything interesting happen?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

SpitztheGreat posted:

This made me laugh harder than it should have. A hell of an adjective to use with "likeable."

I missed the race last night. Other than a bad winner, did anything interesting happen?

I think the Cole Pearn count hit a top 3 record.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
in NY local track news, 1,239 cars entered at 12 tracks across the region with counts still coming in

scene here is exploding, it's crazy

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nice can't wait to get to my home track with the kids

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

in NY local track news, 1,239 cars entered at 12 tracks across the region with counts still coming in

scene here is exploding, it's crazy

I'm sures that 500 separate classes, though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm sures that 500 separate classes, though.

on average it's 4-6

mods alone are reporting like 10-15% increased counts and no one knows why

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

on average it's 4-6

mods alone are reporting like 10-15% increased counts and no one knows why

This is it this is the beginning of the wave of new drivers that will MAKE NASCAR GREAT AGAIN.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you mean "this is it, this is that new wave of guys known for a terrible crash"

see; Don MacTavish, Maynard Troyer, Jimmy Horton

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Can't wait for 15 years from now when VikingSkull is tricking people into googling "[NY Racer] Crash.avi"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Was the NASCAR special on CMT any good?

I'm kinda reluctant to watch it. Reason? I saw the banner image had Danica next to Sr. and Petty.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/nascar-the-rise-of-american-speed/

Either that's the most brilliant trolling I've ever seen or someone who runs NASCAR is really that stupid (leaning towards the latter). I don't know...it just feels like I'd be better off watching random stuff Viking or one of you guys dig up off of youtube.

e: I think a "30 for 30" clone of various drivers, races, and events related to NASCAR would have been a better route than this. Do ones about the Wood Bros., Smokey Yunick, Gordon V. Earnhardt in the 90's, etc, etc.

poo poo...can we do this as a thread topic? Which Racing/NASCAR related stuff would make for the best Docs?

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 9, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
a 30 for 30 on Smokey and his conspicuous absence from the HoF would be really good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Was the NASCAR special on CMT any good?

I'm kinda reluctant to watch it. Reason? I saw the banner image had Danica next to Sr. and Petty.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/nascar-the-rise-of-american-speed/

Either that's the most brilliant trolling I've ever seen or someone who runs NASCAR is really that stupid (leaning towards the latter). I don't know...it just feels like I'd be better off watching random stuff Viking or one of you guys dig up off of youtube.

e: I think a "30 for 30" clone of various drivers, races, and events related to NASCAR would have been a better route than this. Do ones about the Wood Bros., Smokey Yunick, Gordon V. Earnhardt in the 90's, etc, etc.

poo poo...can we do this as a thread topic? Which Racing/NASCAR related stuff would make for the best Docs?

It's more of a dramatization than a documentary. I saw about 20 minutes and may not watch much more of it (I DVRed it), though I seem to remember the bit I saw at the end involving Bill France threatening to blackmail Junior Johnson's moonshining if he didn't play along, which I found interesting.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

The problem is that most people who watch NASCAR don't give a gently caress about the Wood Brothers, Smokey, or anything before 2008. Hell I bet most NASCAR fans don't even know who Dale Earnhardt Junior's dad is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

The problem is that most people who watch NASCAR don't give a gently caress about the Wood Brothers, Smokey, or anything before 2008. Hell I bet most NASCAR fans don't even know who Dale Earnhardt Junior's dad is.

Wow gently caress off, I know who Richard Petty is pal :rolleyes:

• Locked thread