Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Soral posted:

champion is kicking my rear end worse than anything in my sl1 run......... feels like 75% of his attacks can kill me in 1 hit

i beat him last night because one of his attacks goes a little high and when i'm mid attack i was just under it lol

he punishes estus really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had to summon sword master for NG+ champ and I feel really dirty but he was loving me up.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had to summon sword master for NG+ champ and I feel really dirty but he was loving me up.

I like how he pwned me the first time I ever fought him, and then I went the Untended Graves and it happened again

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

looking forward to ng+ but i still have to farm concords first and hoo boy is that taking forever

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
hello

his name is toodles

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Captain gently caress Face posted:

hello

his name is toodles

Outrageous username post combo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

grand archives is so cool.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

nameless king ...

:wth:

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

this boss may almost be too powerful for me ...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

this boss may almost be too powerful for me ...

Sleep on it. It requires all your power.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if you kill it then it wont be more powerful than you are anymore. something to consider

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Finally finished my first run. What a game. I really liked the concept for the last boss, I wonder how many different builds it has in the first phase.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
69. i'm not kidding. thats the actual number

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Finally finished my first run. What a game. I really liked the concept for the last boss, I wonder how many different builds it has in the first phase.

It's only a few but it's really cool. Shame the Mage mode is such a pushover but I guess one had to be easier than the others

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

saw the end of seig's quest for the first time..that was amazing

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

yhorm...old friend

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
just fought hawkwood for the right to become a dragon. i applied lightning on my weapon, but as hawkwood started attacking i remembered he was former undead legion and had the farron greatsword equipped. i switched to my farron greatsword and we had an amazing duel flying around each other using the same moveset. this game is amazing...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

Long may the sun shine!

Soral
May 30, 2009

hubris.height posted:

i beat him last night because one of his attacks goes a little high and when i'm mid attack i was just under it lol

he punishes estus really hard

your tale of victory gave me the confidence i needed to defeat him. i now have the priestess ring and can equip this raw astora straight sword ("raw rear end")

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anris sword is insanely powerful

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Anris sword is insanely powerful

Its also one of the few unique weapons that has special effects and can be buffed

Soral
May 30, 2009

dark souls 3 is incredibly friendly to sl1 runs now that there are 3 infusions that remove scaling and a ton of weapons that you can equip at 10 str/dex, plus rings to increase stats if you just need a little boost to get the equipment you need. astora straight sword is a beast that you can get early... at +10 raw it does like 320 damage and can be buffed. very good.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Soral posted:

your tale of victory gave me the confidence i needed to defeat him. i now have the priestess ring and can equip this raw astora straight sword ("raw rear end")

congratulations!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
in NG+ can I still buy everything from the shrine handmaid or do I need to go get ash/beat bosses again ?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You have to collect the ash again. Annoying after how bloodborne handled it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

You have to collect the ash again. Annoying after how bloodborne handled it

Bahhhhh I guess the last couple bosses will let me clean out the store though. That is annoying although I guess there are a couple (maybe just the jail cell key?) story items that ashes unlock. I guess spell vendors will also start from scratch?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah everyone does. I burned a ton of souls buying everything before going into ng+

What also sucks is you get a pittance of souls for helping kill bosses. End game bosses only give like 35k in ng+ coop :cmon:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
sick of invading people named guts who are using shields and magic and poo poo. smh

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Dark spirit Knight Solaire has invaded!

*black knight greatsword wielding havel rolls into view*

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im pretty tired of parties of four each witg dark swords

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
everyone nees to stop telling people the dark sword is good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

If you die to an npc invader do they come back? I think i missed out on some sick items

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I want to fight the Giants in the cathedral but I'm too slow

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

If you die to an npc invader do they come back? I think i missed out on some sick items

yeha. if you beat the boss of the area they dont invade anymore though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

tumor looking batty posted:

I want to fight the Giants in the cathedral but I'm too slow

Can you actually kill them or did I get trolled into beating their feet up

In my ng+ playthrough I used spook and all my hp rings to jump down on the elevator from the main entrance. It was amazing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can you actually kill them or did I get trolled into beating their feet up

In my ng+ playthrough I used spook and all my hp rings to jump down on the elevator from the main entrance. It was amazing

You can kill them. They're not to hard compared to the giant in the dungeon.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Evil Eagle posted:

You can kill them. They're not to hard compared to the giant in the dungeon.

I spent a long time assaulting the giant in the dungeon and he wouldn't die. The rats even stopped spawning

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That guy is harder than Yhorm

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I spent a long time assaulting the giant in the dungeon and he wouldn't die. The rats even stopped spawning

He's killable. Lots of HP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's really hosed up that the stormruler doesn't do insane damage to all giants

• Locked thread