Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I am unsurprised at A. Sol being at 56% winrate, the patch has done wonders for his itemization. You can actually cap your CDR without having to get morelleo/athenes now. Also the GLP is reallllly good, way better than RoA for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

just a heads up that righteous glory is niche but good now and a lot of people who liked to pick it up before the nerf benefit from it again

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol anivia had the second biggest drop.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

SaffronKit posted:

I am unsurprised at A. Sol being at 56% winrate, the patch has done wonders for his itemization. You can actually cap your CDR without having to get morelleo/athenes now. Also the GLP is reallllly good, way better than RoA for him.

So what exactly DO you build on Sol? He's such a weird champion but I'm addicted to playing him in the weekend fun-modes.

Also 56% win rate and 1% play rate on a brand new champion, that's kind of sad. :(

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
The rear end absolutely dropped out of Xin on this patch, he is now the worst win rate jungler from being one of the best

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

mistaya posted:

So what exactly DO you build on Sol? He's such a weird champion but I'm addicted to playing him in the weekend fun-modes.

Also 56% win rate and 1% play rate on a brand new champion, that's kind of sad. :(

The core RoA/Rylais I feel is never a bad choice, but I personally would replace RoA with the Hextech GLP item right now. It gives you the mana, hp and AP that A.Sol needs along with a sweet active that sets up his Q and does a shitload of damage to squishies. It really helps his burst and is 100% worth going first imo.

After GLP I would go Rylai's is ahead because it helps him a ton or abyssal/zhyonas againest their damage threats if behind, finishing the other one after. Then you build a void staff, then D. Cap if you somehow hit 6 items. Congratulations, your balls now 4-5 shot squishies that didn't build any resists not including the extra burst from Q or your ult.

Basically Hextech GLP/Rylai's/Abyssal or Zhyonas/the other one/void/dcap.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

flyingkiwi posted:

The rear end absolutely dropped out of Xin on this patch, he is now the worst win rate jungler from being one of the best

Not surprised, players really want to shred with the new rageblade but it's so expensive for junglers it puts him at a massive power deficit while he sits on the components.

I think he really needs to go for a warriors based build this patch to keep up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

flyingkiwi posted:

It probably doesn't help that all the squishy targets the Human Missile is supposed to pick off got tons of buffs and a 40 second CD dash, on top of any jungle changes.

I'm not too disappointed though because I had a shitload of fun as Urf Xin and regular Xin simply will never top instagibbing 5 enemies like a rubber meteor.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So is the belt thing a thing that does damage when it explodes, so like in a big far away ring like the new Cass root poison or is it just everything it comes into contact with on fanning out? I got crushed by a Kennen last night and he had that thing but did obscene burst.

Goddammit I knew that little pikachu rat fucker was coming back. I was dreading this day.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Seems like everyone who builds rageblade got a win % nerf because of how bad it is now, it really needs the recurve bow attack speed built into the base, it doesn't make sense to have the new rage blade give less attack speed with a recurve bow added in.

Wouldn't hurt for the 15 magic damage on-hit to scale with AD/AP again or be AOE.

Looking at the numbers, every single devourer/guinsoo jungler dropped 7% win rate with the patch.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 8, 2016

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I missing something or is Bloodrazor just babby's first BORK, and why would I ever buy this item, and why is this game the way it is.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

bloodrazor desperately needs some base damage on-hit, the 3% on its own is weak against squishies and tanks alike given it's physical.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The problem with all the rage blade junglers now is riot did what they always do which is nerf the junglers into the earth, then realize it's actually the item that is warping things not the junglers, and now they nerfed the item without buffing the junglers

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Kashuno posted:

The problem with all the rage blade junglers now is riot did what they always do which is nerf the junglers into the earth, then realize it's actually the item that is warping things not the junglers, and now they nerfed the item without buffing the junglers

This has actually happened probably 6+ times now.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Seems like everyone who builds rageblade got a win % nerf because of how bad it is now, it really needs the recurve bow attack speed built into the base, it doesn't make sense to have the new rage blade give less attack speed with a recurve bow added in.

Wouldn't hurt for the 15 magic damage on-hit to scale with AD/AP again or be AOE.

Looking at the numbers, every single devourer/guinsoo jungler dropped 7% win rate with the patch.

I'm not sure who everyone is but I think the item is better now as a first item core on fast attacking hybrid marksman like Kog'Maw and Tristana. It's better as a rush item that can be an endgame core item. It's definitely not as good for melee hybrid dudes who built it like Jax or Xin or maybe Kayle (not sure).

It seems like it's something you have to rush, it has to be a core item for you, you have to have a major attack speed steroid and mixed damage output. It's not going to be good on anyone as a mid-build pickup.

Edit:
I didn't even know "rageblade junglers" was a thing but I really don't think it's going to remain a thing. Junglers should build defensive stats after their jungle item anyways. drat greedy assholes trying to carry. That ain't your job!

Libertine fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 8, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

carry junglers has pretty much been the meta all the way up to the LCS for the last like 6 patches (though the rageblade thing was pubs only, but pretty effective)

Servaetes posted:

So is the belt thing a thing that does damage when it explodes, so like in a big far away ring like the new Cass root poison or is it just everything it comes into contact with on fanning out? I got crushed by a Kennen last night and he had that thing but did obscene burst.

Goddammit I knew that little pikachu rat fucker was coming back. I was dreading this day.

they seem to originate from the center of your model, so you can potentially hit all but the one that goes behind you if you dash right on top of them. i dont think you can hit them all since you can't get inside of the other champ's model

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^ what he said.

Servaetes posted:

Think of it as a Graves auto in an item, it actually does a lot of damage if you just jump on someone and hit them with most of the shots.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Junglers can and do carry games regularly if they're any good

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot is gonna ruin that belt item when making it so you cant hit all of the fireballs on a target in melee range or making them start farther out from your center would be a much better way to balance it without totally gimping anyone else that can use it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
zyra one for all is disgusting?? gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Even without shotgunning, its pretty silly that the damage on the aoe extra effect on the escape/initiate item is so competitive with Gunblade's single target plink.

Riot is so terrified of targeted skills now.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The new ice nova item thing is pretty OP on galio and swain.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
The belt and Rylai is really good combo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Decided to play asol again after the thread was talking about him and the ice belt is really good. it was nice to shotgun people who got too close, and enough of a slow to get out and drop a q stun

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Hahahahahah Master Yi is the lowest WR jungler now. He, Jax and Xin are also in the dumpster at all levels of games played.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
who is the biggest mom in the league of legends? elise and zyra come to mind but I like to think vayne is a single soccer mom type.

edit: nidalee is a mom wannabee please do not elect her

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Leona
Illaoi
...Braum

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Rek'sai

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Would Athene's be any good on shielding/healing supports now? Like maybe Soraka or something? Probably more likely Lulu/Karma because they have more ways to cook up damage to charge up the passive? Or is it strictly only going to perform well on the mid lane iteration of those kinds of picks with way more AP?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm not sure who everyone is but I think the item is better now as a first item core on fast attacking hybrid marksman like Kog'Maw and Tristana. It's better as a rush item that can be an endgame core item. It's definitely not as good for melee hybrid dudes who built it like Jax or Xin or maybe Kayle (not sure).

The small club of champs that liked Guinsoo outside of the jungle has dropped 2% win rate and from experience I can say that the buildup to guinsoo on kayle is very annoying when it's 300g short of a deathcap instead.

Guinsoo losing a better on-hit and a dagger of attack speed isn't worth the 800g price hike and phantom hit, a phantom hit you need to hit 6 times to get I'll remind you.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Libertine posted:

Edit:
I didn't even know "rageblade junglers" was a thing but I really don't think it's going to remain a thing. Junglers should build defensive stats after their jungle item anyways. drat greedy assholes trying to carry. That ain't your job!
Yea, when Rageblade cost 800g less and didn't suck it was really popular on a lot of junglers and melee dudes.

a medical mystery posted:

bloodrazor desperately needs some base damage on-hit, the 3% on its own is weak against squishies and tanks alike given it's physical.
The problem with Bloodrazor is almost 100% its damage type. On-hit items/builds generally want to push a mixed damage type of thing, but adding a small amount of physical damage to a physical damage auto-attacker doesn't force anyone into itemizing differently.

Just make it true damage, really.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
3% max true on hit, turn every champion into Vayne, great idea.

The problem is that %max is a loving stupid concept. It should be flat damage + damage per level to make it a useful item throughout the game without being broken.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I'm a very confused about is the sated devourer phantom hit vs the current guinsoo's rage.

To me it sounds like the phantom hit would basically be a third auto that did no damage so it would proc things that would happen once every three autos like jax's and xin's kits on every two autos instead.

The new guinsoo's rage sounds like it simply procs on hit effects twice. This would make it that all even numbered attacks proc on hit effects twice. Kits that have on hit effects every third auto would then only get the additional on hit effect every six autos, alternating between a proc not being doubled and being doubled. The first proc would not be doubled because it would be on an odd attack. Although, overall you would get the same number of additional procs as devourer over the course of the six autos, there's no actual benefit until the sixth auto attack while in guinsoo's rage. Combined with the stacking mechanic you would need to land 12 autos to get a free on hit effect from guinsoo's rage out of jax's or xin's kit.

In this case Yi's kit would simply have no synergy with guinsoo's rage compared to devourer. The phantom hit would bring him one auto closer to his passive, while guinsoo's rage doesn't interact with his kit in any way.

Does this make sense? Is this how it works? Does anybody know?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Safety Scissors posted:

One thing I'm a very confused about is the sated devourer phantom hit vs the current guinsoo's rage.

To me it sounds like the phantom hit would basically be a third auto that did no damage so it would proc things that would happen once every three autos like jax's and xin's kits on every two autos instead.

The new guinsoo's rage sounds like it simply procs on hit effects twice. This would make it that all even numbered attacks proc on hit effects twice. Kits that have on hit effects every third auto would then only get the additional on hit effect every six autos, alternating between a proc not being doubled and being doubled. The first proc would not be doubled because it would be on an odd attack. Although, overall you would get the same number of additional procs as devourer over the course of the six autos, there's no actual benefit until the sixth auto attack while in guinsoo's rage. Combined with the stacking mechanic you would need to land 12 autos to get a free on hit effect from guinsoo's rage out of jax's or xin's kit.

In this case Yi's kit would simply have no synergy with guinsoo's rage compared to devourer. The phantom hit would bring him one auto closer to his passive, while guinsoo's rage doesn't interact with his kit in any way.

Pretty sure it's just an extra auto attack?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

K8.0 posted:

3% max true on hit, turn every champion into Vayne, great idea.

The problem is that %max is a loving stupid concept. It should be flat damage + damage per level to make it a useful item throughout the game without being broken.

% max is good actually and if it didn't exist every game would be 5 tanks so no

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Safety Scissors posted:

It works the same way now as it did before. It gives you an extra phantom auto every other auto. This both causes every-three-autos on-hit effects to happen every two autos and causes every-auto on-hit effects to happen twice every other auto.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
please compare rageblade's stats at full stacks with nashor's stats and despair

what a bad item i feel bad for having any sort of joy at it coming out. i just wanted gimmick double hit for non-junglers but nope

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If they want to fix Guinsoo, what I'd do would be to make the phantom hit the base passive and have guinsoo stack to 9 instead of 6 with the same 3 AD 4 AP 8% attack speed per stack, and at 9 stacks you get a better on-hit then 15 magic damage.

The whole reason phantom hit worked so well with champs kits was because it was always on, xin didn't need to be in a long drawn out fight to get the knockup in 2 hits.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Lovechop posted:

% max is good actually and if it didn't exist every game would be 5 tanks so no

i thought the way the math worked out was that non-pure % health was pretty negligible for tanks after the early game?

also i feel like new rageblade is good on kayle but it would take so long to build second you'd be doing even less than you do currently. maybe as a third item, but i haven't tried it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Riot's really been dropping the ball on their reworks lately, they very often become game breaking 60% win rate things, or sub-40% trash.

This patch brought so many champs below 40% win rate like Swain, I played swain on release, maxing Q first, it was awful, a ADC sitting in the full duration with E on them lost 20% health, and he could of easily walked out before it was half over at any point.

• Locked thread