Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hunchback 4SP with 2xSRM6A, 2 tons of ammo, and 3 MPL eats strormcrows for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Stringbean posted:

Do you skim pages? Because on this very page I said "Warhammers are available for c-bills, buy it right now."

Oh, well I'm an idiot and missed that and will buy them then. :v:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
LPL builds work p. well in CW I think, and so do the 3LL builds on things like Enforcers. If you're on your game you can make sure those legs are nice and toasty before everyone gets into brawl range, and if you stay on overwatch you can really do work

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hunchback 4SP with 2xSRM6A, 2 tons of ammo, and 3 MPL eats strormcrows for lunch.

yeah I should specify that you can do some personalization on the builds I posted and they all work well, if not better than the original. They're mostly starting points -- you may want different laser types, STD over XL, flamers, etc.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If I already have a Sparky and a 2N what's the next best Griffin to buy?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

If I already have a Sparky and a 2N what's the next best Griffin to buy?

-3M. 4 SRM4A in the right torso, some jumpjets, amazing quirks

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pattonesque posted:

Excellent, thanks!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Highlights from tonight's CW invasion group before I had to step about because my stomach stopped letting me ignore it:

Being better at the Gauss Jager than I thought I was
Commoners for Yell Boss 2016 (while he was deaf/mute to the entire democratic process.)
Getting promoted to Leader and going mad with power by hitting the launch button.
Mist Lynx being the most OP mech in the game by dying to a Base Defense turret.
Our one SML one Leg ACH pitfight getting cut short by accidentally shooting both legs out of the second enemy ACH.

A++ would goon again :shepface:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Warham 6d with 9 fuckin mpl and a xl340 is a good robot

nine (group 1 arms 4MPL, group 2 torso 5MPL)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wammy 7S yea/nay

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=384&l=030471e8a3ad8db0778a1abb14c7a05bb6fefc8b

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

This is why the 3M eventually overtook the 2N for me with the Griffins.

The 2N is loving good and the ECM is valuable but the 3M is just a better killing machine because you basically shoot out a single vertical column of death from the one torso that destroys whatever component it touches.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Aside from the armor needing tweaked it looks like a good take on one of the metamechs variants (you're 12kph's faster in exchange for using SRM4's instead of 6's and a STD engine basically) so go for it. Brawling is the best.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

yes

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I feel like the 7s is the weakest of the Warhammers.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Yeah but I need 3 and I don't want to spend 30 on the black widow.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
The 7S was fun for me for a while. A STD build makes it a very sturdy brawler. But there's a lot of mechs that do a similar build, better.

It's still good mind you, just not as fun as say... The 6D or the BW

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Today I learned that if you do the ER large overwatch game in a pub CW match some pubbies will literally accuse you of nonparticipation

Also it's super easy to win if the clans put LRMs on all their heavies

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Good games last night guys, it finished off the invasion missions for me. I decided against my better judgement and went with the Warhawk. The EbonJag is clearly the better more sensible choice but the assault looks like the bigger flashier more fun choice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Do Pulse Lasers count as "Lasers" for quirks, or strictly as "Pulse Lasers"?
Like, does "Laser Duration -10%" incluse pulses or just beams?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Both. If it only applies to regular lasers it'll say "STD. LASER DURATION"

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Thanks for putting up with my idiocy last night, everyone - had some hilarious matches that reminded me why I play this drat game in the first place.

Now to get everyone to carry me over the finish line for the event so I can get my King Cash Crab.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

General quirks apply to all weapons in class. A Quirk for large lasers would work for regular, ER, and Large Pulse lasers. If a quirk says it applies to a specific weapon system like standard, ER, or Pulse, then it only applies to that.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I've taken my 2 ac/20 blackjack 1dc into scouting. You just blast things in the face and laugh as they die instantly.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The lovehammer. 5x MPL, 2x LPL, XL340, 19 dhs

e; Trip report: loving brutal.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 8, 2016

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Commoners posted:

I've taken my 2 ac/20 blackjack 1dc into scouting. You just blast things in the face and laugh as they die instantly.

I want to see that build. :allears:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Jesus gently caress pubbies are awful at scouting.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

Jesus gently caress pubbies are awful at scouting.

They are, it's pretty great.

And by 'great' I mean there's nothing quite as frustrating as dropping with a pair of Griffins and finding out they're both running 4xLRM 5s.

They both died with full ammo.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Why do people have such a boner for manifold?
Its a lame boring deathmatch arena, yet its a sure bet once it shows up in the rotation...

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Why do people have such a boner for manifold?
Its a lame boring deathmatch arena, yet its a sure bet once it shows up in the rotation...

try taking a light to the walls and shooting them in the back

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Commoners posted:

How do you build this? If you take 3 tons of ammo an a 225 XL you're left with half a ton for armor. That's enough to put a point of armor on everything, with maybe a smidge extra for the torso:

BJ-1DC XL225

That build will give you 21 bullets, or 10 and a half shots of pinpoint 40 damage. Dropping the engine down to 200XL gives you 1.5 tons of ammo/armor to add:

BJ-1DC XL200

Which will get your torso front armor into the double digits, and also give you 24 bullets for 12 double shots of AC20 + AC20. Is that what you're running?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Currently underwhelmed by the 5xstreak crow (with artemis this time) in scouting.
I cant really kill anything, even lights take several full salvoes with 6 seconds cooldown, and if another medium shows up, im pretty much dead.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Promotion complete. Enjoy the long Tom's ruining every CW match you ever play Steiner scum!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Currently underwhelmed by the 5xstreak crow (with artemis this time) in scouting.
I cant really kill anything, even lights take several full salvoes with 6 seconds cooldown, and if another medium shows up, im pretty much dead.

Streaks are not actually good if you can aim worth a poo poo. They basically exist to take player skill out of the equation to easily chump lights.

If you're good with SRMs, do what I did and replace them with 5x ASRM6s. You blow the gently caress out of folks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
You can also try the 12 SPL Crow and hope you can get close enough

SPL ice ferrets are apparently also good now

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

liquidfire posted:

Promotion complete. Enjoy the long Tom's ruining every CW match you ever play Steiner scum!

The Long Toms really are quite loving excessive.

Edit: :pgi: should go full :spergin: and not allow Clans artillery since they didn't use it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

You can also try the 12 SPL Crow and hope you can get close enough

SPL ice ferrets are apparently also good now

SPL ice ferrets were the only ones worth fielding.

SPL Vipers will be a little bit better.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Hey, I played this way, way back in closed beta I think? When there were 4 mechs and you couldn't really change them. Anyway I reinstalled it and did the tutorial but I don't know anything beyond what's in the OP. I didn't see a mumble URL, do you just use CTS?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Forums Terrorist posted:

Hey, I played this way, way back in closed beta I think? When there were 4 mechs and you couldn't really change them. Anyway I reinstalled it and did the tutorial but I don't know anything beyond what's in the OP. I didn't see a mumble URL, do you just use CTS?

It's the MOST opsec of things, and you're a jerk that can't get PM's. What's your name in-game? One of us nerds here will pop you an invite/send you the deets.

If you still have a Cent/Atlas, you'll be just fine.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Someone tell me how scouting works.

When i was on attack, the dropship came and i stood underneath it and nothing happened. And i had at least 2 intels captured.
When im on defense, the guy runs into the zone and boom- we lose.

Is there something i have to do when the ship arrives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Someone tell me how scouting works.

When i was on attack, the dropship came and i stood underneath it and nothing happened. And i had at least 2 intels captured.
When im on defense, the guy runs into the zone and boom- we lose.

Is there something i have to do when the ship arrives?

When the ship arrives, a countdown starts (another one after the countdown for the ship to arrive). You have to be in the zone at the END of the countdown. Unless you've killed all the defenders, then going in it ever will end the match.

• Locked thread