Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Network42
Oct 23, 2002

PJOmega posted:

Everything outperforms Pauper Tortured Existence if SBs are a thing. Same with $1 Burrito.

What is $1 burrito, I'm not familiar with this pauper deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Someone on FB posted about how MTGO has a bug to allow Soul of the Harvest in Standard decks.
He found out when he played vs a WotC employee (WotC_Coverage)... Who had it in their deck. And played it. :allears:

ThePeavstenator posted:

Played in my first PTQ today after starting Magic a little less than a year ago and got Top 8. Pretty happy right now. :)

That's solid results, great job!

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Serperoth posted:

Someone on FB posted about how MTGO has a bug to allow Soul of the Harvest in Standard decks.
He found out when he played vs a WotC employee (WotC_Coverage)... Who had it in their deck. And played it. :allears:
It's not a bug, it was in the 2016 Welcome Deck and is thus legal in Standard.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

FYI Wotc_Coverage aren't employee accounts necessarily, they're coverage accounts given out to the main, well, coverage people so they can be informed for when they do coverage- Gaby Spartz has one.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AgentSythe posted:

:eyepop: lookit that GB Reality Smasher sideboard technology

e: nevermind, wrong deck and wrong card (it's a TKS) but I'm totally jamming some Yavimaya Coasts and Reality Smashers into GB aristocrats

There's a reality smasher there, on top of the TKS and under the two flip dudes near Kalitas.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Whoops wrong thread

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Network42 posted:

What is $1 burrito, I'm not familiar with this pauper deck.

It's the name I've given the Pauper 1-land spy, in honor of Breakfast Burrito. Ritual effects, mana dorks that sac themselves, mill yourself with Balustrade Spy, Haunting Misery for the win. Ironically one of the more expensive Pauper decks now due to Lotus Petal and Simian Spirit Guides.

The reason I say "without SBs" is that both this deck and Tortured Existence fold hard to graveyard hate. TE is also vulnerable to enchantment destruction.

TE is a fun, value grind deck if you're dicking with friends without 2-of-3 play. Strong, but not impossible to conventionally beat. $1 Burrito is fun for a gotcha gimmick but is honestly unfair and way too inconsistent to be played regularly.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

PJOmega posted:

It's the name I've given the Pauper 1-land spy, in honor of Breakfast Burrito. Ritual effects, mana dorks that sac themselves, mill yourself with Balustrade Spy, Haunting Misery for the win. Ironically one of the more expensive Pauper decks now due to Lotus Petal and Simian Spirit Guides.

The reason I say "without SBs" is that both this deck and Tortured Existence fold hard to graveyard hate. TE is also vulnerable to enchantment destruction.

TE is a fun, value grind deck if you're dicking with friends without 2-of-3 play. Strong, but not impossible to conventionally beat. $1 Burrito is fun for a gotcha gimmick but is honestly unfair and way too inconsistent to be played regularly.

Either post or link me to the full 75 for $1 burrito or I'm going to be insanely disappointed

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

standard.deviant posted:

It's not a bug, it was in the 2016 Welcome Deck and is thus legal in Standard.

:downs:
I even checked Magiccards.info, they apparently don't have Welcome Decks on there.

And thanks for the info on WotC_Coverage accounts, I had no idea.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Count Bleck posted:

Thus solidifying the stereotype that all magic players are sociopaths.

Or you have an abusive/mentally ill parent that you don't want/can't be around.

If you have a mother worth even half a gently caress call/visit her and tell her that you love her and that your lucky to have her around you grognards, especially if you have one that cares about or supports your magic or any other weird hobbies.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mezzanon posted:

Either post or link me to the full 75 for $1 burrito or I'm going to be insanely disappointed

$1 burrito more like taco bell happy hour

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Oh, I'm familiar with that deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/magic-online-formats/pauper/developing/526593-1-land-spy

$1 Burrito is an absolutely terrible name for a deck that plays 4 lotus petal 4 simian spirit guide 4 git probe.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Name it beefy crunch.

It's back!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Network42 posted:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/magic-online-formats/pauper/developing/526593-1-land-spy

$1 Burrito is an absolutely terrible name for a deck that plays 4 lotus petal 4 simian spirit guide 4 git probe.

Why does it have the singleton forest if the plan is to get the forest out of the deck before milling yourself? I think I'm missing something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Death Bot posted:

Name it beefy crunch.

It's back!

:agreed: Good name. I think that cereal names being the tradition for combo decks, it should be one of their $1 menu breakfast items. :3: Nicknames are cool and good btw. I"m a proponent of nicknames in x-wangs and in eurogames.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Entropic posted:

Why does it have the singleton forest if the plan is to get the forest out of the deck before milling yourself? I think I'm missing something.

Land Grant?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

There's really no better free mana sources in Pauper, so they have to run one that messes up the whole plan of the deck if you don't draw it as one of your mana sources? yikes.

I guess Elvish Spirit Guide is uncommon, oof, that's rough.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh sorry, I misread.

I guess probably so it can cast Tinder Wall or Wild Cantor on turn 1 and have extra mana on turn 2?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
EFRO is moderating twitch chat, its going about as you would expect. What a giant man baby.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Network42 posted:

Yeah, that's the deck. Thank you for linking it up. And yes, it's stupidly expensive for s gimmick Pauper deck.

I'd agree with whomever called it Beefy Crunch.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Oh sorry, I misread.

I guess probably so it can cast Tinder Wall or Wild Cantor on turn 1 and have extra mana on turn 2?

Yeah, though in my experience the deck tends to combo out on turn 3 or 4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Watching McLaren's recent streams, Ancestral Vision looks terrible.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Without any cascade spells, I think it was a safe unban. Funny enough, the deck probably getting the best use out of it is Mono-U Turns. None of the recent unbans have had a major effect.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Rinkles posted:

It is. I still play it because it's janky fun and because you can flash it back with Goblin Dank-Memers which is like, a 19-for-1 or something.

I've been saying for 2 years that unbanning the slowest card in the world wouldn't do anything in modern. Next up: Jace unban so I can be proven right about him too. Also so I can sell my foil for $2k.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

It is. I still play it because it's janky fun and because you can flash it back with Goblin Dank-Memers which is like, a 19-for-1 or something.

I've been saying for 2 years that unbanning the slowest card in the world wouldn't do anything in modern. Next up: Jace unban so I can be proven right about him too. Also so I can sell my foil for $2k.

The door is opened for Stoneforge

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

The door is opened for Stoneforge

Another card that would do nothing because it's glacially slow and leaves you super open to removal and discard. Stoneforge at least has the upside of making burn waste a spell to kill her so you don't get a turn 3 Batterskull (which would probably be too slow anyway) but it doesn't do a whole lot else against any other deck in the format without Jitte.

And you're still high for wanting Jitte unbanned.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

suicidesteve posted:

Another card that would do nothing because it's glacially slow and leaves you super open to removal and discard. Stoneforge at least has the upside of making burn waste a spell to kill her so you don't get a turn 3 Batterskull (which would probably be too slow anyway) but it doesn't do a whole lot else against any other deck in the format without Jitte.

Spaking of insane unbans, I'd love to see exactly one event with Skullclamp legal. Because I am one of those who likes to watch the world burn.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lsv/status/729382992938938369

what

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

I just want good equipment, if Stoneforge gets unbanned I'm completely fine with Jitte rotting on the list

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking for new ideas. What is your #1 favorite deck to play? Not necessarily the best, conditions are that you love it. Any format.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I wondered what was going down when I checked Puca today and Llanowar was hot on the wants lists

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Sam Black just resolved The Great Aurora with a 10 card advantage

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Jitte was so loving oppressive in Kamigawa/Rav standard. If your opponent had one in opening hand and a cheap creature and you didn't have an immediate answer, gently caress you basically

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Without any cascade spells, I think it was a safe unban. Funny enough, the deck probably getting the best use out of it is Mono-U Turns. None of the recent unbans have had a major effect.

I didn't even realize that was a deck until a couple weeks ago. In the six or seven games I played against it the deck only got past turn 4 once, seems not great unless I got lucky?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just want good equipment, if Stoneforge gets unbanned I'm completely fine with Jitte rotting on the list

I would think that a Stoneforge unban, if anything, would make Wizards more gunshy about printing good equipment.

ButtWolf posted:

Looking for new ideas. What is your #1 favorite deck to play? Not necessarily the best, conditions are that you love it. Any format.

I'm very fond of my Esper Mill list for Modern, I used to think it was lovely but I keep taking it to events and coming away with prize payouts so maybe it's actually good? I also like my Captain Sisay EDH deck for being the first deck I ever designed and built completely from scratch, but I haven't played EDH in almost a year so :shrug:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Mono-blue Tron in modern. It's like, tier 2ish on a good day but it's the most fun I've ever had playing Magic.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ButtWolf posted:

Legacy Enchantress, because it's the best

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I didn't even realize that was a deck until a couple weeks ago. In the six or seven games I played against it the deck only got past turn 4 once, seems not great unless I got lucky?

I would think that a Stoneforge unban, if anything, would make Wizards more gunshy about printing good equipment.

They're already not printing good equipment so nothing changes at this point

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ButtWolf posted:

Legacy Enchantress

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ButtWolf posted:

Pauper High Tide

if you need a deck that's legal, Pauper Elves or Legacy Quinn the Eskimo

• Locked thread